PDA

View Full Version : need to find a tranny for my rsx

1990Chevy350
07-31-2008, 05:33 PM
i got an 03 rsx type s and the tranny is givin me problems i dont know too much about them but 1st and 3rd and 5th are harder to get into and i gotta use some force in order to get into gear. ive heard many different thingsthat could be wrong. such as the slave cylinder and the clutch master cylinder and i replaced the slave cylinder and it is still the same. so i heard it could just be the gears or it could be the synchronizers going out. so i need help! if anyone can give me some advice i would appreciate it and if anyone knows any places that would be able to fix it for a good price let me know i would prefer an email because i dont get on here alot.. my email is [email protected].. thanks alot.

WhiteAccord
07-31-2008, 05:35 PM
Hit up lxpaulxl, he has a tranny for sale.

Pavlo
08-03-2008, 11:36 PM
If it is 1st 3rd and 5th then it is a high possibility of shift cables being improperly adjusted.

HeLLo iM iZzY
08-04-2008, 12:37 AM
Synchros are most likely out.

This is a common problem on K-series transmissions.

There is a bulletin that came out not too long ago saying certain VIN's on cars could be eligible for a rebuild. Too bad, I had to fork out about $1000+ for my rebuild.

Good luck man.

lxpaulxl
08-04-2008, 12:38 AM
Synchros are most likely out.

This is a common problem on K-series transmissions.

There is a bulletin that came out not too long ago saying certain VIN's on cars could be eligible for a rebuild. Too bad, I had to fork out about $1000+ for my rebuild.

Good luck man.

Its actually the cold air intake getting in the way if the shift linkage.