PDA

View Full Version : Man beheaded on Greyhound after other passengers left him for dead

Sport1.3
07-31-2008, 09:17 AM
Man beheaded on Greyhound

Updated: July 31 at 08:09 AM CDT

BRANDON - Thirty-six passengers of a Greyhound bus travelling from Edmonton to Winnipeg Thursday night watched in horror as a fellow passenger stabbed another man sleeping next to him, eventually decapitating him and waving the man’s severed head.
“He didn’t do anything to provoke the guy. They guy just took a knife out and stabbed him, started stabbing him like crazy and cut his head off,” said Garnet Caton, 36, a passenger.
The bus made an emergency stop, and passengers fled in terror onto the Trans-Canada Highway while the bus’s driver and a driver of a nearby truck shut the crazed man inside the bus with the victim. Passengers say they stood outside the bus and watched through the window, horrified, as the man disfigured the victim’s body.

By 10:30 p.m. the eastbound bus was stopped on the highway about 10 kilometres east of Portage La Prairie, surrounded by RCMP cruisers./p> Caton and others said once they escaped, they prevented the attacker from getting off the bus by threatening him with makeshift weapons like a hammer and a metal bar.
“We were telling him, ‘Stay put, stay put, stay there, don’t try to come out!’ He tried to get the bus working and the bus driver disabled the bus somehow in the back, I’m not sure how he did it, and at that point, I think the police showed up,” he said, adding officers rushed the passengers away.
“Some people were puking, some people were crying, other people were in shock ... everybody was running, screaming off the bus.”
Caton described the man who attacked the passenger as about six feet tall, 200 pounds, with a bald head and wearing sunglasses. He seemed oblivious to others when the stabbing occurred, said Caton.
Caton said the victim boarded in Edmonton, was aboriginal in appearance, was wearing hip-hop clothing, and appeared to be about 20 years of age.
“When we saw the head, we knew he was dead,” he said. “I don’t think the guy knew him at all. I think he was really crazy... the poor guy, he didn’t see it coming.”
Two yellow school buses were brought in to the closed-off stretch of highway near MacGregor for passengers to sit in while the stand-off between officers and the man inside the bus proceeded for hours.
Caton said the attacker was only on the bus for a brief period of time, after boarding in western Manitoba.
The passengers were later taken to Brandon to be interviewed by police and to stay overnight at a hotel there.
Crisis counsellors were also at the hotel to provide support to the passengers, and counsellors could be seen chatting with them outside the hotel as groups went out to local stores for snacks or to smoke cigarettes.
One small boy, who was with an adult man and woman, was given a plush teddy bear by a crisis health worker.
Another young man from Nova Scotia sat outside the Brandon hotel smoking around 3 a.m. Visibly shaken, he said RCMP had taken 36 witnesses in for questioning. He said later: “I felt bad that all the young people and old people had to see that.”
The man, who did not want his name used, said the victim of the stabbing had been sleeping before the attack.
Other passengers said that the two men were sitting in the rear of the bus and the stabbing victim was listening to music through his headphones. The attack appeared to be unprovoked.
“The first thing I heard was something like a terrible type (of) yowl and that was from the guy who got stabbed,” said an elderly woman from Winnipeg who was on the bus.
The woman and her adult daughter said they were three or four rows in front of the suspect when the attack began.
“(My daughter said) ‘Oh my God’ and everybody else started screaming,” she said. “They had terror in their eyes.”
Passengers said there was a rush of people towards the front of the bus to get off.
An RCMP spokesman could not be reached early today to confirm whether the man was taken into custody.
Two other passengers on the bus, a 22-year-old man and 21-year-old woman, from France, said they were heading to Winnipeg after visiting the woman’s father in Whitehorse. The 22-year-old man said in French that he saw a man holding a long kitchen knife repeatedly stab another passenger. He and his girlfriend said they were shocked by the attack, and the isolation in the middle of the prairies when it occurred.
“There was nowhere to go,” she said.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...-4798819c.html

Cliffs: Guy is sitting on the bus from edmonton to winnipeg listening to music, stranger next to him pulls out kitchen knife and stabs him repeatedly, unprovoked. Bus makes emergency stop, everyone vacates and they lock the killer and victim in the bus while they waited for police to arrive. Killer cuts off and waves head at other passengers before being apprehended.

:eek:

XLR8NMR2
07-31-2008, 09:19 AM
crazy ass mofo

DevilK9
07-31-2008, 09:23 AM
That's f/cked up. The guy needs to be sentenced with paper cuts on the ball sack three times daily for life.

kelly marie
07-31-2008, 09:24 AM
what the hell..

Sport1.3
07-31-2008, 09:28 AM
thats brutal son

DJ Maestro
07-31-2008, 09:30 AM
Holy hell that is fekked up! :eek:

Hulud
07-31-2008, 09:33 AM
man

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-31-2008, 09:37 AM
Crazy.

DevilK9
07-31-2008, 09:38 AM
thats brutal son

The guy f/ckin stabs a random guy and waves his decapitated brain basket around triumphantly and you say that I'm brutal......that's funny.

The guy can die slashing about in a pool of his own blood and sh/t for all I care.

Now....back to my Power Point.....Courtesy in the Workplace

DJ Maestro
07-31-2008, 09:39 AM

Sounds like somebody is being punished for not being courteous in the workplace. :lmfao:

incawarrior
07-31-2008, 09:47 AM
:eek3:

****ing loonies...

Hulud
07-31-2008, 09:59 AM
atleast he got a trophy....

Sport1.3
07-31-2008, 09:59 AM
The guy f/ckin stabs a random guy and waves his decapitated brain basket around triumphantly and you say that I'm brutal......that's funny.

The guy can die slashing about in a pool of his own blood and sh/t for all I care.

i was talking about the event itself, not your stupid post fag :lmfao:

Sport1.3
07-31-2008, 10:00 AM
atleast he got a trophy....

Yeah its crazy!! i would have totally lost my head in that situation...

AnthonyF
07-31-2008, 10:02 AM
i want pics damn it

-Ant.

DJ Maestro
07-31-2008, 10:04 AM
:ttiwwp:

ueyedgr8tness
07-31-2008, 10:05 AM
WOw man they really need to bring back torture and shi* because that is what this man needs. And for ppl to look at him and not attack him to save the victims life is about as dumb as they come. I mean damn he didn't have a gun wtf!!

Hulud
07-31-2008, 10:05 AM
Yeah its crazy!! i would have totally lost my head in that situation...
lol

i mean i never knew canadians were into collecting heads

ShooterMcGavin
07-31-2008, 10:13 AM
bunch of f*cking canadian pussies on that bus...ONE guy with ONE knife and everyone rushes off like he's got a c4 strapped to his chest. :rolleyes:

BKgen®
07-31-2008, 10:33 AM
holy sh*t.

Sport1.3
07-31-2008, 10:33 AM
bunch of f*cking canadian pussies on that bus...ONE guy with ONE knife and everyone rushes off like he's got a c4 strapped to his chest. :rolleyes:

lulz, you would have not done a damn thing either internet tough guy :D

ueyedgr8tness
07-31-2008, 10:36 AM
i want pics damn it

-Ant.

hoe empty your box pls:goodjob:

Lucky DAWG
07-31-2008, 10:38 AM
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...-4798819c.html

Cliffs: Guy is sitting on the bus from edmonton to winnipeg listening to music, stranger next to him pulls out kitchen knife and stabs him repeatedly, unprovoked. Bus makes emergency stop, everyone vacates and they lock the killer and victim in the bus while they waited for police to arrive. Killer cuts off and waves head at other passengers before being apprehended.

:eek:

Its healthy to be proud of your work

WhiteAccord
07-31-2008, 10:41 AM
I woulda definently **** a brick if I saw that.

ShooterMcGavin
07-31-2008, 10:42 AM
lulz, you would have not done a damn thing either internet tough guy :D
only if you were the one being stabbed/decapitated.

AnthonyF
07-31-2008, 10:45 AM
hoe empty your box pls:goodjob:I already did son!

-Ant.

Sport1.3
07-31-2008, 10:54 AM
only if you were the one being stabbed/decapitated.

UNpossible!

Kevykev
07-31-2008, 10:57 AM
Holy Jeezus Chrizzissst!

eViLMunkey
07-31-2008, 11:21 AM
holy crap.. now I know why I never take the bus

Deke
07-31-2008, 11:32 AM
Holy ****.

I remember me and a friend had a discussion a long time ago about how much of our lives are based completely off of the trust of others. People have the opportunity to kill you anytime you are in public. This is the holy **** tale of one who did.

4dmin
07-31-2008, 11:33 AM
i can't believe everyone stood there and watched this happen - really??? i can't believe no one on the bus had the balls to attack him w/ something. messed up.

uproot
07-31-2008, 11:40 AM
i can't believe everyone stood there and watched this happen - really??? i can't believe no one on the bus had the balls to attack him w/ something. messed up.

yeah thats what i was thinking... they should have taken care of him right then and there and tried to help the victim

Sport1.3
07-31-2008, 11:59 AM

french canadians......they dont even like themselves

eViLMunkey
07-31-2008, 12:04 PM
hell one guy had a hammer. . and he didn't do shiat..

1SLWPOS
07-31-2008, 12:07 PM
I scared to get the Greyhound bus tomorrow was going with a friend to pick up a Supra in Tampa but after reading that I think we might just drive.

ShooterMcGavin
07-31-2008, 12:12 PM
repost :tongue1:

and it was probably cuz the guy was black :D

osiriskidd
07-31-2008, 10:10 PM
idk how some of you guys are saying you "would've" taken/stopped/attacked the guy. you'd be too far into a state of shock to know how to react.

i will honestly say i'd freak out and not know wtf to do except run.

FlipKing
07-31-2008, 10:17 PM
Umm, on 9-11 Americans proved that we would in fact "do somthing" I mean Jesus, its one knife, yeah you might get cut, but if 4 people jump the guy, i doubt he would be able to kill any of them

FasTech
07-31-2008, 10:20 PM
I would have tried to help, may have got stabbed but I would have tried to fight! I wouldn't let some guy just get stabbed and sit their and watch.

FlipKing
07-31-2008, 10:21 PM
I would have tried to help, may have got stabbed but I would have tried to fight! I wouldn't let some guy just get stabbed and sit their and watch.

QFT, I mean...seriously how about not being selfish and helping a fellow human. We all know Canadians are french and the french cant fight.

Zodiac
07-31-2008, 11:06 PM
hell one guy had a hammer. . and he didn't do shiat..

where the hell did he get a hammer?

and he only used it when they trapped the killer inside the bus....

Ran
08-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Sounds like we missed one hell of a show.

Anyone get a video with their camera phone?

DieselNuts
08-01-2008, 10:49 AM
if one person on that bus was trained and had a gun, a life could have been saved...

Ran
08-01-2008, 10:52 AM
if one person on that bus was trained and had a gun, a life could have been saved...Kind of a broad statement, isn't it?

DieselNuts
08-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Kind of a broad statement, isn't it?
not quite sure what you mean by that.

Ran
08-01-2008, 10:58 AM
not quite sure what you mean by that.Well, it's like if there was a trained person with a weapon at any crimescene then things would have been better. It just seemed kind of a generalized statement.

Red_Phoenix
08-01-2008, 11:33 AM
And you all though we Canadians were a bunch of pushovers

Ran
08-01-2008, 11:53 AM
And you all though we Canadians were a bunch of pushoversConsidering how a busload of people ran from one guy? Yeah, I can see how they think that. :lmfao:

DieselNuts
08-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Well, it's like if there was a trained person with a weapon at any crimescene then things would have been better. It just seemed kind of a generalized statement.
well, I was gonna just say "if someone had a gun", but I figured that someone would come back and say something about missing their target and shooting an innocent person. What I meant by "a trained person" was someone with a permit that has been to the firing range and knows how to shoot...

DJ Maestro
08-01-2008, 01:33 PM
The kid was probably well on his way to dead when everyone realized exactly what was happening. Even if someone had a gun on board the bus and knew how to use it I am thinking it would have been too late to save the kids life. The guy stabbed him 40 to 50 times and I imagine it was pretty quick stabs. Very few, if any, people live through that kind of stabbing. By the time someone with a gun would have realized the situation at hand and reacted to the situation the kid would have probably already been stabbed 10-15 times. Factor in a large hunting/kitchen knife and that would have been very lethal damage right there. One other part of the equation is that it was at night and the only light in the bus would have been from the in-ride entertainment on top of the possibility that several people on board were probably asleep when the whole ordeal began. I seriously believe that there was no chance of saving the kids life. :no:

DieselNuts
08-01-2008, 01:35 PM
The kid was probably well on his way to dead when everyone realized exactly what was happening. Even if someone had a gun on board the bus and knew how to use it I am thinking it would have been too late to save the kids life. The guy stabbed him 40 to 50 times and I imagine it was pretty quick stabs. Very few, if any, people live through that kind of stabbing. By the time someone with a gun would have realized the situation at hand and reacted to the situation the kid would have probably already been stabbed 10-15 times. Factor in a large hunting/kitchen knife and that would have been very lethal damage right there. One other part of the equation is that it was at night and the only light in the bus would have been from the in-ride entertainment on top of the possibility that several people on board were probably asleep when the whole ordeal began. I seriously believe that there was no chance of saving the kids life. :no:
you may be right, but shooting that mofo sure would have been sweet. I woulda shot him in the gut to make him suffer. But about it being at night, I saw some pictures that were taken "shortly after the police arrived" and it was broad daylight...

EDIT: I just read where it says 10:30pm....dunno why they wrote that on those pics... but yeah, night sights FTMFW!

BlkCD5
08-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Cjrp18
Umm, on 9-11 Americans proved that we would in fact "do somthing" I mean Jesus, its one knife, yeah you might get cut, but if 4 people jump the guy, i doubt he would be able to kill any of them

Try doing that to a person on PCP. In that other thread, the killer mentioned that he "blanked out." Whats this guy's case :thinking:

DJ Maestro
08-01-2008, 01:49 PM
you may be right, but shooting that mofo sure would have been sweet. I woulda shot him in the gut to make him suffer. But about it being at night, I saw some pictures that were taken "shortly after the police arrived" and it was broad daylight...

EDIT: I just read where it says 10:30pm....dunno why they wrote that on those pics... but yeah, night sights FTMFW!

I agree with you 100%. Even if the kid could not have been saved that sick monster should have been shot several times just for good measure. :goodjob:

JITB
08-01-2008, 01:56 PM
i dont know if i would have helped or not...maybe, but no one knows how to react when something like that is goin on. i woudl have wanted to help, but also wouldnt hate to get ****ed up helpin someone...

whats up with this

“When we saw the head, we knew he was dead,”

Orly?

Sport1.3
08-01-2008, 01:59 PM
i dont know if i would have helped or not...maybe, but no one knows how to react when something like that is goin on. i woudl have wanted to help, but also wouldnt hate to get ****ed up helpin someone...

whats up with this

“When we saw the head, we knew he was dead,”

Orly?

canadians arent the brightest of sorts :D

JConner
08-01-2008, 02:02 PM
and guns arent allowed on public transportation there. just goes to show how important it is and that this could have been stopped by another passenger

BlkCD5
08-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Do you really think having a gun would of helped much? By the time someone realized the commotion and shot the guy, the victim would of probably bled to death.

DJ Maestro
08-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Do you really think having a gun would of helped much? By the time someone realized the commotion and shot the guy, the victim would of probably bled to death.

This is the Cliffs of what I said a few posts above. :goodjob:

BobbyFresco
08-01-2008, 10:32 PM
repost :tongue1:

and it was probably cuz the guy was black :D

He was Asian.....;)

FlipKing
08-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Idk, I just feel that people could have restrained/stopped him, atleast saved the kid's body for his funeral. Cops detain people on pcp everyday...

BlkCD5
08-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Originally posted byDJ Maestro
This is the Cliffs of what I said a few posts above.

Understood. It was for post #56