PDA

View Full Version : 1997 Honda CD5 with SiR II front end

ChaoticArcanum
07-30-2008, 09:02 PM
I can not adjust the settings on my cam due to the joystick not working. I just wanted to put some pics up of the car.

The front will be sprayed soon now that I fixed all the issues with the car.. I will be posting some shots that are better later.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/kikwear/Acorn/102_5162.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/kikwear/Acorn/102_5166.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/kikwear/Acorn/102_5170.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/kikwear/Acorn/102_5172.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/kikwear/Acorn/102_5173.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/kikwear/Acorn/102_5168.jpg

Before the SiR II front end
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/kikwear/Acorn/Photo005.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/kikwear/Acorn/102_5165.jpg

01SpectraGSX
07-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Saw you at the Newnan meet last thursday and then tuesday on 34 on my way home from work in the Ion Redline. You were turning onto 34 bypass going towards Lower Fayetteville Road. Car looks good. Will look better once the front is painted.

ChaoticArcanum
07-30-2008, 09:15 PM
Thanks.. I am still learning the Newnan area.. I just took those shots at a middle school that I drove up on.. Well most of the shots..

Mr. Clean
07-30-2008, 09:16 PM
we've all seen the car... i promise haha

you better keep that ish clean or IA's gonna be all over your ass

jew_boy
07-30-2008, 09:16 PM
looks good man

ChaoticArcanum
07-30-2008, 09:18 PM
That is why he trust me with it! That man knows how I am about my car... Shish... Look at my old 96 Green Prelude with the bronze 18's the are RH C3s reps... That ish was clean! I have always wanted this car and he knew it. I am so glad I have it and I love it more than any car I have had!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/kikwear/100_4435.jpg

Mr. Clean
07-30-2008, 09:22 PM
alright, well good luck with her... you coming to the V next week?

ChaoticArcanum
07-30-2008, 09:26 PM
alright, well good luck with her... you coming to the V next week?

Yes Sir! I work downtown Atlanta and get off at 5. I will be cleaning it and touching it up in the parking deck before I leave

smrlsvtec
07-30-2008, 09:32 PM
damn...... Geoff sold his car :thinking: :thinking:

N/A EK
07-30-2008, 09:53 PM

you better keep that ish clean or IA's gonna be all over your ass

x2

sicivic89
07-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Looks good! Will look better once its sprayed. Is there any difference between the stock front bumper and the SiR besides the lip?

Captain-Obvious™
07-30-2008, 10:38 PM
we've all seen the car

x2 for real...

but it still looks super sexxy

mezzies96teg
07-30-2008, 11:59 PM
lookin good bro! lovin seein it around newnan now! haha sorry i missed your call today bro! hit me up tom so we can meet up...sorry im always busy as hell workin and now i got another job so thats twice the hold up! lol later bro

Mezz

SiLkY_JohnSon
07-31-2008, 12:07 AM
Nicest Cd ive seen round bud...Repzz

greasemunkey
07-31-2008, 12:45 AM
saw you in newnan taco bell lol...clean car man

EJ_Allmota
07-31-2008, 01:18 AM
still looks the same as when you got it from Blank_CD.. i will always see it as Blank_CD's old car..

Nicest Cd ive seen round bud...Repzz
too bad he didnt get it to the level its at..

osnap
07-31-2008, 01:21 AM
still looks the same as when you got it from Blank_CD.. i will always see it as Blank_CD's old car.. x a trillion :yes:

ChaoticArcanum
07-31-2008, 07:11 AM
still looks the same as when you got it from Blank_CD.. i will always see it as Blank_CD's old car..

I am making it better than what the level it is at! You do not know the issues I have had with this car and what else is in front of me that I have to do this weekend

Someone always has to be negative... I am not shocked this is the person that is doing it. Beofre you start going on and running the mouth.. I have done a TON of work under, inside, and in the engine bay! He kept the outside and the engine bay clean but other things are a diff. story! Did you ever see in side the car? That is what I thought.. I am also stripping the trunk and cleaning inside of bottom.

What else can I do that is simple without f ing up the look of the car? Do you want me to add some stickers, pin strips, or a body kit? HELL NO! There is nothing I can do other than paint the front end and keep it like it is. I am conectrating on the inside and finishing the engine bay while working on the mechanical issues that I am coming accross

Nerdsrock22
07-31-2008, 07:18 AM
Nothing wrong with a couple of stickers....

:ninja:

ChaoticArcanum
07-31-2008, 07:19 AM
There is nothing wrong with your setup.. They look good on that car but I do not think they will look good on this one. I pulled off the importatlanta.com, Skunk2, and MB Quart stickers on this car. There were two that were on the back

Nerdsrock22
07-31-2008, 08:21 AM
Yeah i'm just playing with you. Keep up the good work on the car man.

Dirty Octopus™
07-31-2008, 08:25 AM
i'd paint it a different color.

1. it'll make it more YOUR car
2. i saw one EXACTLY like this same color and front end at Import Alliance. true its only one car but still paint it. :goodjob:

hell paint it the color of your Prelude! :dunno:

xdavidscenex
07-31-2008, 08:26 AM
clean!

smrlsvtec
07-31-2008, 08:27 AM
that looks like Blank_CD's car :thinking:

Dirty Octopus™
07-31-2008, 08:30 AM
:lmfao:

smrlsvtec
07-31-2008, 08:32 AM
:lmfao:

yo pho saturday at around noon?

Dirty Octopus™
07-31-2008, 08:37 AM
yo pho saturday at around noon?
tell me where to be pimp! :D

outta all my years of being associated with the AZN race i aint never had that shizz :o .
wait... I HAVE! but its been years. my taste buds cant remembers :(

i need to see what all the fuzz is about :bump:

1439/2000
07-31-2008, 08:37 AM
I see this car like everyday in kennesaw when I'm going to work. Makes me think, "Man that front end hasnt been painted for like a year."

ChaoticArcanum
07-31-2008, 08:39 AM
^ Wrong.. It has been on for only 2 months..

Try again

sikfricks
07-31-2008, 08:48 AM
that prelude is in rome now saw it the other night

Dirty Octopus™
07-31-2008, 08:53 AM

Try again
so what color you gonna paint the car? :thinking:

smrlsvtec
07-31-2008, 09:03 AM
so what color you gonna paint the car? :thinking:

I vote Champ white with ITR wheels :goodjob: :goodjob:

that would look dope!

Marta Mike
07-31-2008, 09:22 AM
Wait a min...........arent you OATMEAL? You changed your name.........LIRL!

Brown Man
07-31-2008, 09:44 AM
Wait a min...........arent you OATMEAL? You changed your name.........LIRL!

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

ChaoticArcanum
07-31-2008, 09:55 AM
Yeah it is.. I changed because of all the crap.. I am not one to talk ish on the net.

EJ_Allmota
07-31-2008, 10:07 AM
I am making it better than what the level it is at! You do not know the issues I have had with this car and what else is in front of me that I have to do this weekend

Someone always has to be negative... I am not shocked this is the person that is doing it. Beofre you start going on and running the mouth.. I have done a TON of work under, inside, and in the engine bay! He kept the outside and the engine bay clean but other things are a diff. story! Did you ever see in side the car? That is what I thought.. I am also stripping the trunk and cleaning inside of bottom.

What else can I do that is simple without f ing up the look of the car? Do you want me to add some stickers, pin strips, or a body kit? HELL NO! There is nothing I can do other than paint the front end and keep it like it is. I am conectrating on the inside and finishing the engine bay while working on the mechanical issues that I am coming accross

Lol.. son you is hella funny.. Im glad you know it was me that was gonna tell the truth about the matter.. you always had a desire to own THIS car, why this car.. because it looks the way it does.. you could have easily went and gotten your own CD7 and built it to look like this.. at which point you would have gotten a lil bit more respect from me.. but then again can i really respect you.. i dont think so, you sir are a b*tch.. you talk about me running my mouth, dont let my put you on blast son.. Saying some sh*t face to face is a different story aint it..

Gecko Squad cocky ass n*gga out....

gtikid
07-31-2008, 10:19 AM
Damn Geoff did a good job with this car. Don't let it go to waste

SLOWLYbtngU
07-31-2008, 10:36 AM
Hmm... So all of these people make these statements...

x2

x2 for real...

damn...... Geoff sold his car :thinking: :thinking:

Yet you choose this one to quote???

x a trillion :yes:
My BeFF had the right idea... :goodjob:

i'd paint it a different color.

1. it'll make it more YOUR car
2. i saw one EXACTLY like this same color and front end at Import Alliance. true its only one car but still paint it. :goodjob:

hell paint it the color of your Prelude! :dunno:

This car will forever be Blank_CD's until you make enough NOTICABLE changes. Not under the hood, inside the car..... Something we can see, until then, it is the same car that Geoff had and built.

And yes, there was a car the same exact color and style at Import Alliance. Make the car your own.

:lmao:

Damn Geoff did a good job with this car. Don't let it go to waste
Once again...proves my point. Had you made a thread stating that you acquired a very well known car and plan to make changes, aside from the ones that you have done that we cannot see... Then maybe the responses would have been different. :goodjob:

osnap
07-31-2008, 10:42 AM
What else can I do that is simple without f ing up the look of the car? Do you want me to add some stickers, pin strips, or a body kit? HELL NO! There is nothing I can do other than paint the front end and keep it like it is. I am conectrating on the inside and finishing the engine bay while working on the mechanical issues that I am coming accrossI see your point here, but I think you're missing our point... or at least my point, anyways. You're right, the car is clean as hell on the outside, and theres not much you can really add to it save for paint and maybe different wheels. Thats not the point.

The point is you go around bragging about it like crazy - in every single thread that I've seen the car, you're in there going "HEY! Thats my Accord!". You even repped me saying "oh thanks for that pic of my accord" when at the time it was taken, it wasnt even your car. You show before and after pics of the SiR II front as if you tracked it down and added it. You never even acknowlege that you got it by trading Geoff, when a LOT of people on here know him and the car quite well- that makes it look like you're trying to take credit for all his work. I can guarantee you if you'd said "hey this is my new car, as you guys probably know, I picked it up from Blank_CD. I'm fixing a few minor issues and I can't wait to add my own touches", you'd have a LOT less negative feedback.

If you'd built it, MAYBE you'd have the right to go flaunting it like that. But you didn't. Geoff did. And until you add your own touch, everyone's gonna see if as Geoff's car. Nothing personal. Be proud of it, man, its a clean car. But make it YOUR car, and THEN you'll gain some respect. btw my suggestions are the same ones I had for Geoff... fix that damn rear window tint (lol), H22, 5-speed, paint. Done.

:2cents:

osnap
07-31-2008, 10:43 AM
woah Joss, we just said a lot of the same things lol

ChaoticArcanum
07-31-2008, 10:44 AM
I would take pics of the inside but no one has ever seen the inside of it expect for a handful of people. He asked me a few times to detail it for him because he knows how I am about the inside of car AND the outside.

I understand this was his car but there is no reason to bash on me for having his ****ing car. I am sorry that I didn't want to buy another CD5 and do everything to it! I KNEW this car runs and how he treated the motor! You don't know that with JOE down the street. I am doing a T Belt, water pump, and valve adjustment on it soon!

THIS CAR HAS 206,*** on it! Why would I buy something from someone else that I am not sure if it would last HALF OF THAT!

ChaoticArcanum
07-31-2008, 10:51 AM
From the last post on the 2nd page...

I do not mind the auto because I do not want to go fast in the car being this low. I have issues on 85 and have slow spots or I will be cursing. I am keeping it auto till it goes out. I am fixing the tint, front end, engine, carpet, AC, powersteering, valves, side trim, bushings, brakes and rear caliper issues, leather, and finally the trunk. I have a ton of work to do to this car to get it back the way it used to be but I am not really worried on the outside. I am fixing things that make it work for right now. I am sorry I do not have so much money I can dump into the car. I drive 65mph and no more... I am plan on keep this car for a long time and I do have plans for it but nothing major like spray because I do like the red even though I so a lot of them

Can we please stop this bashing on me? I know everyone on here hates me so please chill out.

SLOWLYbtngU
07-31-2008, 10:55 AM
woah Joss, we just said a lot of the same things lol
It's cuz we're awesome... True story. :yes:

osnap
07-31-2008, 11:00 AM
From the last post on the 2nd page...

I do not mind the auto because I do not want to go fast in the car being this low. I have issues on 85 and have slow spots or I will be cursing. I am keeping it auto till it goes out. I am fixing the tint, front end, engine, carpet, AC, powersteering, valves, side trim, bushings, brakes and rear caliper issues, leather, and finally the trunk. I have a ton of work to do to this car to get it back the way it used to be but I am not really worried on the outside. I am fixing things that make it work for right now. I am sorry I do not have so much money I can dump into the car. I drive 65mph and no more... I am plan on keep this car for a long time and I do have plans for it but nothing major like spray because I do like the red even though I so a lot of them

Can we please stop this bashing on me? I know everyone on here hates me so please chill out.Im not saying thats the course you have to take, you dont have to defend yourself. Just what I would do. As for "bashing"... you talking about me? I'm not bashing you, man. As a matter of fact theres not much "bashing" going on in here. If you cant take this tiny amount of heat, the kitchen door is that way ---->

And btw the whole changing your name technique would work a whole lot better if we didnt all know whose car this was and who it was traded to haha... just kinda defeats the point of trying to start over :2cents:

It's cuz we're awesome... True story. :yes::goodjob:

Dirty Octopus™
07-31-2008, 11:01 AM
Can we please stop this bashing on me? I know everyone on here hates me so please chill out.i dont think anyone hates you. i just think you're misunderstood http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa17/DirtyOctopus/GIFs/hugs.gif

Here's some suggestions...

1. Change your SN back to Oatmeal so it doesnt seem like you're faking funk
2. Fix what needs to be fixed.
3. PAINT the car a different color.
4. Have fun be humble and live your life :goodjob:

ChaoticArcanum
07-31-2008, 11:04 AM
Oatmeal is still active but I have not logged in.

I have asked them to delete it but I am not sure if they did..

I just had both of my managers come over and give me a ton of heat because of a server issue at a mill in another state. I work as IT for a compant in Atlanta and I also support all of the mills in the US for the company.

I am just stressed and feel like tossing my f ing chair over the wall

Dirty Octopus™
07-31-2008, 11:20 AM
Oatmeal is still active but I have not logged in.

I have asked them to delete it but I am not sure if they did..

I just had both of my managers come over and give me a ton of heat because of a server issue at a mill in another state. I work as IT for a compant in Atlanta and I also support all of the mills in the US for the company.

okay bro... dont go getting crazy on us :no:
squeeze a ball or something :yes:

sounds like you got a good job so dont screw that up because the internet made you angrys :goodjob:

yeah bro... umm...

1. Change your SN back to Oatmeal so it doesnt seem like you're faking funk
2. Fix what needs to be fixed.
3. PAINT the car a different color.
4. Have fun, be humble, and live your life HAPPILY :goodjob:

SLOWLYbtngU
07-31-2008, 11:22 AM
Can we please stop this bashing on me? I know everyone on here hates me so please chill out.
Cheese and rice...Who is bashing? Dude... You know what, nevermind... you seem paranoid as it is... I promise you that the whole world isnt out to get you. We are stating facts. I hate when people get all emotional off of facts.

Check it, Dave (if I can call you that) the fact of the matter is that you did not build this car. It was built by another person and while you should consider yourself lucky for a great find and a great friend that sold/traded/gave you the car... It is a car we know well and have seen many many many times. I think that until you make some VISIBLE changes..you should lay low and come out strong...

Then the name change didnt help... "Blank_CD" "UntitledCD" C'mon now...

SLOWLYbtngU
07-31-2008, 11:24 AM
Wooosaaaaa...

Woooooosaaaaaaaa....

Dirty Octopus™
07-31-2008, 11:26 AM
Wooosaaaaa...

Woooooosaaaaaaaa....
yeah bro... dont go Drew Barrymore Firestarter on us :goodjob:

EJ_Allmota
07-31-2008, 11:33 AM
I think that until you make some VISIBLE changes..you should lay low and come out strong...

QFT :cheers:

Sammich
07-31-2008, 11:33 AM
epic ricer hahaa jk u know i love ur CD...and now that ur new bumper and lip have grown on me something has grown in my hanes lol

clean CD5
07-31-2008, 11:56 AM
nice to see another clean accord on here! oh and if you ever think you're out of options there's window visors, mugen side skirts, rear lip, sir rear spoiler, roof spoiler, H22 swap, of course interior, sir power folding mirrors, sir bumper city lights, rear fog light etc. etc. tha list goes on! hit me up if you ever need advice on parts!

ChaoticArcanum
07-31-2008, 12:01 PM
I am looking for the folding mirrors..

HeLLo iM iZzY
07-31-2008, 12:30 PM
The only thing that really stands on this car is the front end and the rims. A new paint job to the front end and different rims is really a different car from what it looks like now. But then of course you could add bunch of other parts to make it stand out even more. If I was you, I'd do the paint and rims before doing anything else.

smrlsvtec
07-31-2008, 01:02 PM
i've got some nice JDM goodies for sale( bride seat, personal Wheel, etc). hit me up!! :goodjob:

Nerdsrock22
07-31-2008, 02:01 PM
Don't get rid of those wheels...at least until I have something I can put them on...then i will purchase them from you.

1439/2000
07-31-2008, 03:07 PM

Try again

My bad. Maybe it was one of the other 400,000 burgundy accords I see in Cobb county everyday.

Danzo
07-31-2008, 03:50 PM
Preludes doing good. What happened to my old Z?

osnap
07-31-2008, 03:51 PM
The previous owner of the Accord (blank_CD) has it now.

Danzo
07-31-2008, 04:00 PM
Oh **** I'll have to talk to him haha.

Danzo
07-31-2008, 04:02 PM
Haha at least it stayed close I guess. I keep tabs on all the cars I've owned.

Terror
08-01-2008, 12:39 AM
I see your point here, but I think you're missing our point... or at least my point, anyways. You're right, the car is clean as hell on the outside, and theres not much you can really add to it save for paint and maybe different wheels. Thats not the point.

The point is you go around bragging about it like crazy - in every single thread that I've seen the car, you're in there going "HEY! Thats my Accord!". You even repped me saying "oh thanks for that pic of my accord" when at the time it was taken, it wasnt even your car. You show before and after pics of the SiR II front as if you tracked it down and added it. You never even acknowlege that you got it by trading Geoff, when a LOT of people on here know him and the car quite well- that makes it look like you're trying to take credit for all his work. I can guarantee you if you'd said "hey this is my new car, as you guys probably know, I picked it up from Blank_CD. I'm fixing a few minor issues and I can't wait to add my own touches", you'd have a LOT less negative feedback.

If you'd built it, MAYBE you'd have the right to go flaunting it like that. But you didn't. Geoff did. And until you add your own touch, everyone's gonna see if as Geoff's car. Nothing personal. Be proud of it, man, its a clean car. But make it YOUR car, and THEN you'll gain some respect. btw my suggestions are the same ones I had for Geoff... fix that damn rear window tint (lol), H22, 5-speed, paint. Done.

word. x 100000000.

K24cb7coupe
08-01-2008, 10:00 AM
this is the exact reason why i dont buy cars that other people have modified. bc no matter what you do to it (unless you do some chop cut ****), it will all ways be seen as the car of the person who owned it before you.

clean CD5
08-01-2008, 10:20 AM
I am looking for the folding mirrors..

come on don't just look for those look for it all, go big or go home!!! dont be afraid to change as much as you have to to make this car your own!

r0bb86
08-01-2008, 10:41 AM
lol@smokey rd middle school parking/bus area pix

eYezs1ck
08-01-2008, 11:43 AM
okay... what all did you do since you got the car?

.blank cd
08-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Oh **** I'll have to talk to him haha.<<<<< Talk away

PURP
08-01-2008, 05:17 PM
this is the exact reason why i dont buy cars that other people have modified. bc no matter what you do to it (unless you do some chop cut ****), it will all ways be seen as the car of the person who owned it before you.

NOT TRUE....
Not trying to thread jack but just tryin to help out:

My car when I first got it in Febuary this year
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t1/techadwick721/1-3.jpg

And here is a pic as it sits NOW
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t1/techadwick721/1IMG_2184.jpg

That is the same car and the original owner had no idea it use to be his car.....
SMALL changes here and there make it yours and will make it look like a totally different car...

I really don't see any bashing but for the peeps saying you need to spend X amount of dollars to make it yours is well not true..

If the car makes you happy the way it is then brag all you want... IT'S YOURS:goodjob:

jadakid88
08-01-2008, 05:22 PM
well stated!!...:goodjob:
I see your point here, but I think you're missing our point... or at least my point, anyways. You're right, the car is clean as hell on the outside, and theres not much you can really add to it save for paint and maybe different wheels. Thats not the point.

K24cb7coupe
08-02-2008, 05:40 AM
NOT TRUE....

the 2 pictures look like different cars. if you wouldnt have said anything i would have thought they were two different cars. you have to make changes. you cant have the car look exactly as it did when you bought it from the previous owner. i am not trying to knock the guy, but if i would have bought that car no one would have seen it until i changed somethings around to make it look alot different.

bb4pimp
08-02-2008, 03:56 PM
the accord looks sick man, but you can change the look by getting the greddy lip, in my opinion it looks better then the lip you have on there, here is a pic http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff267/bb4pimp/4l7677k.jpg

.blank cd
08-02-2008, 06:44 PM
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff267/bb4pimp/4l7677k.jpg
If i found that lip on that car, im strangling someone. Mugen SIR>Greddy all day, every day

smrlsvtec
08-02-2008, 06:48 PM
If i found that lip on that car, im strangling someone. Mugen SIR>Greddy all day, every day

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

MUGEN FTMFW!!!!!!

DB4LYFE ™
08-02-2008, 06:51 PM
NOT TRUE....

Car looks amazingly different!! great job :goodjob:

~DB4LYFE

Dirty Octopus™
08-02-2008, 06:54 PM
oh yeah David... PAINT!!! :goodjob:

DB4LYFE ™
08-02-2008, 07:54 PM
oh yeah David... PAINT!!! :goodjob:

i love ur new sig as of august 02, 2008 at 8:54 pm! i know its gunna change in a bit!

~DB4LYFE

Dirty Octopus™
08-03-2008, 11:47 AM
i love ur new sig as of august 02, 2008 at 8:54 pm! i know its gunna change in a bit!

~DB4LYFE
bwahaha! :D

iono man... im REALLY diggin it :dunno:

Random Hero
08-03-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm still going to lecture Geoff about this. :(

osnap
08-03-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm still going to lecture Geoff about this. :(i still do, i wont let it go. :no:

.blank cd
08-03-2008, 12:06 PM
ive heard it all :sigh: