PDA

View Full Version : The Environment Hates Black People

Ran
07-30-2008, 09:27 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSN29338814

Blacks are more than twice as likely as whites to live in cities where the so-called heat island effect is expected to make temperature increases more severe, the newly formed group said at a briefing.

More blacks also will be "fuel poor" as energy demand rises due to higher air-conditioning loads, population growth and urbanization, commission said.Are you f*cking serious? The environment only affects black people? I swear to God, people like this make it hard to not be racist.

:no:

Sammich
07-30-2008, 09:35 AM
lol

Nemesis
07-30-2008, 09:39 AM
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm65/red95vet/motivation/a9c0c78d07b7e3bc5a867de430217ae6.jpg

JITB
07-30-2008, 09:43 AM

Are you f*cking serious? The environment only affects black people? I swear to God, people like this make it hard to not be racist.

lol did u even read the article...or did u just stop when u read what u quoted..

heat islands are formed in urban downtown type areas. Where a big percentage of black people live... SOO they decided to get a consensus of what they think about it.. For a change, because people living in the area are the most affected.

blackboi50
07-30-2008, 09:44 AM
thats some BS and it makes me ANGRY!!!!! *turns green*.:lmfao:............1

Sammich
07-30-2008, 09:44 AM
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm65/red95vet/motivation/a9c0c78d07b7e3bc5a867de430217ae6.jpg

lol

x2

Ran
07-30-2008, 09:46 AM
lol did u even read the article...or did u just stop when u read what u quoted..

heat islands are formed in urban downtown type areas. Where a big percentage of black people live... SOO they decided to get a consensus of what they think about it.. For a change, because people living in the area are the most affected.I've read some other articles on this same story and it's all boiling down to "poor black people have it worse than white people". If they don't like it, then should just move.

ep9716
07-30-2008, 09:49 AM
LOL....

Sammich
07-30-2008, 09:52 AM
I've read some other articles on this same story and it's all boiling down to "poor black people have it worse than white people". If they don't like it, then should just move.

i live in the SUB ERBS....:ninja:

mocha latte cupcake
07-30-2008, 09:54 AM
liar! you live in a lifegaurd shack on the beach sammich i seen that maxima on the myrtle boardwalk!

Killer
07-30-2008, 09:54 AM
i live in the SUB WAY PARKING LOT....:ninja:

^^ fixed...

JITB
07-30-2008, 09:55 AM
I've read some other articles on this same story and it's all boiling down to "poor black people have it worse than white people". If they don't like it, then should just move.

lol what are u talkin about man

fuel poor is universal term for being poor due to gas prices...

this should really make u mad than...

“Though far less responsible for climate change, African-Americans are significantly more vulnerable to its effects than non-Hispanic whites,”

I mean if most of the lower class is black...than the energy situation will affect the ones that are struggling harder..

And none of the reports were done by black people..

DJ Maestro
07-30-2008, 09:55 AM

:lmfao: :lmfao:

Sammich
07-30-2008, 09:56 AM
liar! you live in a lifegaurd shack on the beach sammich i seen that maxima on the myrtle boardwalk!

ima throw your fence hoppin wallaby jif sammich stealin loli over the bridge w/ ur next out burst lucy demolitioner

AirMax95
07-30-2008, 10:04 AM

Are you f*cking serious? The environment only affects black people? I swear to God, people like this make it hard to not be racist.

I hope that is not all you got from the article.

The temperature changes affect all Americans.

The underlying reason for the study was to raise another view of the global warming issue. The committee is African American founded and its purpose is to spread awareness to the AA community. He clearly stated that AA's will be the most impacted group due to living conditions and poverty. I know what general response will come from that (thats their problem), but we are all Americans (good, bad, poor, broke, rich, stupid) and should care about one another.

The survey, similar to others, found that MOST AMERICANS (pick a race) would pay more to fund the GW effort.

Did you read anywhere that blame was being placed? Many people on this committee, as well as its supporters, have been involved in lots of enviromental studies.

I will say this: I feel that this country takes better action on things when the topics/studies are made personal. Make a White study, Black study, Asian study, hispanic study, Gay, Muslim, blah blah blah and watch everyone come together on a issue, lol.

Flame ready :2up:

AirMax95
07-30-2008, 10:08 AM

You really are dumb........sorry, had to say it.

NO WHERE DID THEY POINT BLAME. THEY ARE DOING STUDIES COMPARING DEMOGRAPHICS! SPREADING AWARENESS.

Stop going article hoping and posting what everyone else says. Read the article and think.

I hope a meteor falls on you and only you..... :D

Lucky DAWG
07-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Lies

Black people are way more suited for climate change, us WHITE PEOPLE are the ones that are at risk!!! Their black skin makes them be able to withstand the heat while i get burnt and swallowed up in heat.

ITS A CONSPIRACY AGAINST THE WHITE FOLK I TELL YA, I SEE WHAT YOU"RE DOING CONDOLEEZA RICE, sounds like a mexican dish...

1000cckiller
07-30-2008, 10:12 AM
this is such bull****

1000cckiller
07-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Lies

Black people are way more suited for climate change, us WHITE PEOPLE are the ones that are at risk!!! Their black skin makes them be able to withstand the heat while i get burnt and swallowed up in heat.

ITS A CONSPIRACY AGAINST THE WHITE FOLK I TELL YA, I SEE WHAT YOU"RE DOING CONDOLEEZA RICE, sounds like a mexican dish...quit trying to tan yourself black.

DJ Maestro
07-30-2008, 10:14 AM
I wonder how long it will be before enviromentalists start freaking out about Global Cooling. The so called global warming is just a phase in the Earth's life. Warming happens, then cooling happens, then warming happens, then an ice age happens where wooly mammoths that sound like Ray Ramano run around, then some more warming happens.....etc,etc. It is the way of the world. :thinking:

Mike Lowrey
07-30-2008, 10:15 AM
58% of Statistics are BS.

Ran
07-30-2008, 10:19 AM
NO WHERE DID THEY POINT BLAME. THEY ARE DOING STUDIES COMPARING DEMOGRAPHICS! SPREADING AWARENESS.

Stop going article hoping and posting what everyone else says. Read the article and think.The fact is that they're putting unnecessary emphasis on the poor black man living in the ghetto. F*ck that. African American community and organization? They're just bringing up a global issue, putting more emphasis on their ethnicity, and they'll be trying to mooch off of it soon enough. They don't need to place blame on someone to try and make the government feel sorry for them. I'll guarantee you that this "awareness" is merely a small ploy for them to ask for more grants or unwarranted income from the government due to harsh conditions. Awareness my @ss. :rolleyes:

JITB
07-30-2008, 10:22 AM
I wonder how long it will be before enviromentalists start freaking out about Global Cooling. The so called global warming is just a phase in the Earth's life. Warming happens, then cooling happens, then warming happens, then an ice age happens where wooly mammoths that sound like Ray Ramano run around, then some more warming happens.....etc,etc. It is the way of the world. :thinking:

thats not 100% true yet.. it hasnt been proved, which one we are going thru, natural warming, or accelrated warming from our destruction

JITB
07-30-2008, 10:25 AM
The fact is that they're putting unnecessary emphasis on the poor black man living in the ghetto. F*ck that. African American community and organization? They're just bringing up a global issue, putting more emphasis on their ethnicity, and they'll be trying to mooch off of it soon enough. They don't need to place blame on someone to try and make the government feel sorry for them. I'll guarantee you that this "awareness" is merely a small ploy for them to ask for more grants or unwarranted income from the government due to harsh conditions. Awareness my @ss. :rolleyes:

really?

"J. Andrew Hoerner, director of the sustainable economics program at Redefining Progress and a co-author of the EJCC report, told the Business & Media Institute that solutions to climate change should be designed in a way so investors don’t reap all the benefits.

“There is a certain disconnect between what is good for workers, consumers, managers, and the economy on one hand and stockholders on the other,” Hoerner said. “We found that the combination of efficient market instruments, return of the revenue, cost-effective promotion of new clean technologies and efficiency, and targeted policies for low-income households grows the economy. It increases employment and profits overall, and provides a net benefit for consumers.”

xxx The report suggested implementing a “fee, tax or allowance auction on polluters,” which was meant to “eliminate the financial burden on low-income and moderate-income households.This would pay for efforts to reduce global warming. Hoerner said that although it would cause product costs to increase, under his policy, the revenue from the “fee, tax, or allowance auction payment” would be redistributed to consumers to offset the higher costs.

“However, this increase in profits may be smaller than the windfall to stockholders if allowances are given away for free, even though this windfall is partially offset by higher product prices, lower sales, lower production and lower profits on the firm’s output, exclusive of the value of the allowances,” Hoerner continued. “Most businesses are energy consumers, not producers, and their interests lie with household energy consumers.”

Tax on things taht are doing the most damage.... AND use it to help the environmental problem.....And to do that you go out and get information from the people to see who would actually be willing to see a production price increase to offset the environmental problems that are causing the energy situations

AirMax95
07-30-2008, 10:28 AM
The fact is that they're putting unnecessary emphasis on the poor black man living in the ghetto. F*ck that. African American community and organization? They're just bringing up a global issue, putting more emphasis on their ethnicity, and they'll be trying to mooch off of it soon enough. They don't need to place blame on someone to try and make the government feel sorry for them. I'll guarantee you that this "awareness" is merely a small ploy for them to ask for more grants or unwarranted income from the government due to harsh conditions. Awareness my @ss. :rolleyes:

Listen to your reply!

There is no blame being placed anywhere. The point is to put a good plan in place to fix the GW issue. If AA's (and others) are willing to PAY more money to fund the effort, where is this "ploy" for $$.

"The Commission will work with African Americans and others to understand the impacts that climate change will have on their communities, and work to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and ensure that energy policies are fair to all Americans. "

You seem to not like "poor black man living in the ghetto".

Do you even know any of the members of the commission? Their track records?

You are really talking out of your ass sir.

Ran
07-30-2008, 10:31 AM
From their executive summary:

Global warming amplifies nearly all existing inequalities. Under global warming, injustices that are already unsustainable become catastrophic. Thus it is essential to recognize that all justice is climate justice and that the struggle for racial and economic justice is an unavoidable part of the fight to halt global warming.

Sound global warming policy is also economic and racial justice policy. Successfully adopting a sound global warming policy will do as much to strengthen the economies of low-income communities and communities of color as any other currently plausible stride toward economic justice.

Climate policies that best serve African Americans also best serve a just and strong United States. This paper shows that policies well-designed to benefit African Americans also provide the most benefit to all people in the U.S.

Climate policies that best serve African Americans and other disproportionately affected communities also best serve global economic and environmental justice. Domestic reductions in global warming pollution and support for such reductions in developing nations financed by polluter-pays principles provide the greatest benefit to African Americans, the peoples of Africa, and people across the Global South.

A distinctive African American voice is critical for climate justice. Currently, legislation is being drafted, proposed, and considered without any significant input from the communities most affected. Special interests are represented by powerful lobbies, while traditional environmentalists often fail to engage people of color, Indigenous Peoples, and low-income communities until after the political playing field has been defined and limited to conventional environmental goals.Again, it's just another boo-hoo for racial inequalities.

JITB
07-30-2008, 10:41 AM

Again, it's just another boo-hoo for racial inequalities.

lol man u are sad..

you bold the half of each of the reports...and if you just read more it all makes sense.

its common economics, if the low - income (which is manily minority), gets out of the low - income status, it helps everything.

read this about how China has grown!
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/biztech/articles/050620/20china.htm

AirMax95
07-30-2008, 10:43 AM

Again, it's just another boo-hoo for racial inequalities.

Thank you for posting that.

Now read it, without "thinking" like a racist. They conducted a study that found global warming effected AA's, the poor (all poor), and Indigenous people POSSIBLY more than others

As the legislation makes it way through the process, it does not take into account those that are MOST affected by the GW issue. They are spreading awareness to the above mentioned groups and others, showing the need to have a hand in the forming of the bill.

Ran, first your arguement is "black folks want money". Then, you jump to "a boo-hoo for racial inequalities". You blow.... :blah:

GW is an issue that everyone should care about and try to HELP.

This goes back to having a voice; if you can get heard the normal way, make your own way!

Ran
07-30-2008, 10:43 AM
its common economics, if the low - income (which is manily minority), gets out of the low - income status, it helps everything.If they put emphasis on low income than I undersand. What I don't get is why they're putting emphasis on the African American bit. I don't give a sh*t if the minority makes up most of the lower income bracket. It's completely unnecessary to bring up a point saying "Climate Affects African Americans More Than Whites".

JITB
07-30-2008, 10:48 AM
If they put emphasis on low income than I undersand. What I don't get is why they're putting emphasis on the African American bit. I don't give a sh*t if the minority makes up most of the lower income bracket. It's completely unnecessary to bring up a point saying "Climate Affects African Americans More Than Whites".

Its a fact, why dont you inderstand it. Minority isnt just black people.
If there is a higher percentage of one type of minority ... than

its only obvious and factual that..........

it will affect them more!

Ran
07-30-2008, 10:52 AM

it will affect them more!The point is still unnecessary. They could easily stated that "Lower Income Bracket Affect More By Climate Change" but they didn't. They went with the racial bit to gain publicity and bring unnecessary focus onto one minority.

Due to this focus on "Poor African Americans" this will most-likely get turned into a racial inequality bit that will turn against the government.

blackboi50
07-30-2008, 10:54 AM

it will affect them more!

your not making much sense when u talk!!!!!........and u kinda sound racist!!!!:2cents:....1

blackboi50
07-30-2008, 10:55 AM
The point is still unnecessary. They could easily stated that "Lower Income Bracket Affect More By Climate Change" but they didn't. They went with the racial bit to gain publicity and bring unnecessary focus onto one minority.

Due to this focus on "Poor African Americans" this will most-likely get turned into a racial inequality bit that will turn against the government.

yupppp here come the rev and jesse marching to DC!!!!!.......as u can tell i facking hate those guys!!!!:321:.....1

AirMax95
07-30-2008, 10:55 AM
"Leaders Kick Off Commission to Engage African Americans on Climate Change"

Official Press Release Title.....

Ralph B. Everett, Esq., Co-Chair
President and CEO
Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies

DJ Maestro
07-30-2008, 10:58 AM
yupppp here come the rev and jesse marching to DC!!!!!.......as u can tell i facking hate those guys!!!!:321:.....1

Is that why this weekend you had the "My Heroes" tshirt on that had a picture of the Revs. Jesse and Al wearing rainbow superhero outfits on the front? :thinking:

AirMax95
07-30-2008, 11:00 AM
The point is still unnecessary. They could easily stated that "Lower Income Bracket Affect More By Climate Change" but they didn't. They went with the racial bit to gain publicity and bring unnecessary focus onto one minority.

Yep......got your attention didn't it.

As I said before, when it is made personal people react. I will admit that the race card "seemed" to be pulled, but not to place blame or make it a racial fight.

It got the reaction the commission wanted. Its like titling a book, movie, or song; boring stuff does not get played.

Nonetheless, I applaud them for the effort of the POOR & MINORITIES. GOT TEAM!!!

AirMax95
07-30-2008, 11:01 AM

They don't matter anymore.... :no:

Ran
07-30-2008, 11:03 AM
Yep......got your attention didn't it.

As I said before, when it is made personal people react. I will admit that the race card "seemed" to be pulled, but not to place blame or make it a racial fight.

It got the reaction the commission wanted. Its like titling a book, movie, or song; boring stuff does not get played.

Nonetheless, I applaud them for the effort of the POOR & MINORITIES. GOT TEAM!!!I hope that this blows up in their face personally. Just in spite of them bringing up race as a method of persuasion. You can work on behalf of all of the poor without bringing race into the issue.

Global Warming, by the way, is a load of crap.

tony
07-30-2008, 11:07 AM
another "it's so unfair to be white" thread

It's about once a week these pop up right? Geezus..

Ran
07-30-2008, 11:08 AM

It's about once a week these pop up right? Geezus..Racial arguments are a national pasttime. Didn't you know? :lmfao:

blackboi50
07-30-2008, 11:09 AM

yea well i hate whenever something "dark":ninja: happens they come outta the water like beached whales!!!!!!.........they facking disgust me!!!!!:rant:....1

AirMax95
07-30-2008, 11:09 AM

lol......repped just cause, lol! :D

blackboi50
07-30-2008, 11:13 AM

FACK THEMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!! :smilefu:.....1

JITB
07-30-2008, 11:14 AM

READ

READ

READ

READ

READ

READ

I think you have just turned it into that yourself..

Ran
07-30-2008, 11:24 AM
I think you have just turned it into that yourself..I doubt it, but we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Jecht
07-30-2008, 12:17 PM

Yes, that is the way the world normally works. But the rate at which the globe's temperature is rising is exponentially higher than it did in warm phases before humans started using coal, fossil fuels, etc.

Crazy Asian
07-30-2008, 12:25 PM
ASIANS WILL RULE THIS WORLD!!!! DOWN WITH WHITE AND BLACK!!!!!!!!! DAA JOO GUH RA!!!!!!!!!!

Kevykev
07-30-2008, 12:36 PM
I swear to God, people like this make it hard to not be racist.

Explain.

AirMax95
07-30-2008, 12:42 PM
^^^He tried and failed......

DevilK9
07-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Hey now...y'all chill out.

The situation's been taken care of for us (like everything else).
It's all good now.

Perspective 1 - LINK (http://www.essence.com/essence/lifestyle/voices/0,16109,1827850,00.html)

Perspective 2 - LINK (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/29/AR2008072902279.html)

Now...don't you ALL feel better about life.

Let's all go on up to the east side and have a motherf/cking peice of pie.

bigdare23
07-30-2008, 12:52 PM

Tell me about, **** like this actually got me questioning why I even bother with this site. Then I realize, I'm much better than that and look pasted it. Still, this **** is getting old. On a daily, it seems like we got to defend our people from these worthless threads, and they say our people are spreading the hate. :rolleyes:

Dirty Octopus™
07-30-2008, 01:06 PM
it do hate us!

dat duh troof! :2up:

AirMax95
07-30-2008, 01:27 PM
Tell me about, **** like this actually got me questioning why I even bother with this site. Then I realize, I'm much better than that and look pasted it. Still, this **** is getting old. On a daily, it seems like we got to defend our people from these worthless threads, and they say our people are spreading the hate. :rolleyes:

I agree, but it keeps me busy in betweem data dumps. It also gives me view to some IA minds :screwy: