PDA

View Full Version : Photos Published and Framed!!

Nemesis
07-29-2008, 08:01 PM
My photos were published again for DSport Magazine and my lady framed them for me.

Me so happy!

http://www.fullspectrummedia.net/misc/frame1.jpg

http://www.fullspectrummedia.net/misc/frame2.jpg

JITB
07-29-2008, 08:10 PM
thats what real photographers get pictures in real magazines!!

:)

Nemesis
07-29-2008, 08:20 PM
DSport has been good to me, thats for sure. If it wasnt for work and saving my paid time off for other days Id love to travel more!

Plenty of time for that ish later I guess.

uproot
07-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Thats awesome dude! The framing looks cool too - where ya gonna hang it?

Nemesis
07-29-2008, 08:28 PM
was considering the bathroom so I can read it everytime I come home, but Kitty would kill me. lol

5thgcelica
07-29-2008, 09:16 PM
dude, thats awesome. congrats!

CHADbee
07-29-2008, 09:59 PM
congrates dude....must feel amazing. is the magazine out yet?

Evil Goat
07-29-2008, 10:03 PM
congrats man! thats awesome

Nemesis
07-30-2008, 09:22 AM
Thanks guys!

must feel amazing. is the magazine out yet?

Yep, I picked up a copy last night.

Batlground
07-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Nice, Nice, Very Nice. I will pick up a copy and frame it for the shop.

CRAZY_JAY
07-30-2008, 11:50 AM
Awesome! Congrats man

I think the missing link between my photography and yours would be the green dog bone on the desk. I knew you had something different for your post processing.

DinanM3atl
07-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Do you work for them or did you send in the photos? Explain how this went down basically

This is my next step I hope to get to. Currently work on the side and print posters and things but need to know how to jump the gap :)

Nemesis
07-30-2008, 03:15 PM
Do you work for them or did you send in the photos? Explain how this went down basically

This is my next step I hope to get to. Currently work on the side and print posters and things but need to know how to jump the gap :)

Ive been giving them photos for two years now. This wasnt my first published piece, but one of my favorites that was framed. I made a connection with someone in Chicago two years agothat was the CEO of Peak Motorsports, while I was there shooting for Enkei's catalog. I gave him some photos for a cost, really liked them, two weeks later I was contacted by DSport to provide them some coverage on a trial basis. They liked what I gave them , so thats where Im at today. I also got a photo gig for an ad for Brian Crower.

Its all about getting out there and making a few connections I guess, it all falls into place. But you need to catch someones eyes with your photos. There are tons of people that hound these marketing managers to be in print.

I wouldnt go out with the intention of making big bucks. I get more satisfaction of seeing my stuff out there on the shelves rather than on internet forums. The market is saturated with "photographers", and most of the time magazines have their own in house photographers as well who they have become friends with. Encroaching on their territory might become disastrous. lol

5spdfrk
07-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Nice job George!

DinanM3atl
07-30-2008, 03:24 PM
Yah I wasn't asking about making money for it. Put a photo of mine in a magazine and I am HAPPY!

Thanks man. Hopefully I will see you at a meet soon and we can talk it over. I forgot, did you join atlshutterbugs.com ?

CRAZY_JAY
07-31-2008, 11:46 AM
The market is saturated with "photographers"

Yah I wasn't asking about making money for it. Put a photo of mine in a magazine and I am HAPPY!

Yep the market is saturated with people that just want to feel famous and to see their name/pictures in print. (I am not saying that is either of you)

You should be asking about making money. George could give good pointers to probably all the photographers on here about photography as both an art form and a business. Think about it, what is your time worth? DinanM3atl If you ask me you are selling yourself short for what you charge. I am referring to the post on 240atlanta. I will hook up my friends for photography work but a complete stranger or a company... no way. Being in print is not as glamorous as you might think. People don't stop me in the streets and say hey I saw your picture in that (no need for name dropping) magazine, all they care about are the pretty pictures. The only people that even look to see who took a picture is another photographer reading the magazine.

The point to my rant is that it is not enough to just be in print but to also be compensated for it. I am sure that George is not working for free. Taking the picture is only the first step. You have to make connections, get noticed and have some negotiating skills to make sure you get paid. The magazines make plenty of money and if they are prospering off your work then don't do it for free.

k20siboii
07-31-2008, 12:53 PM
congrats man
pics look great
i have that issue in my bathroom

CHADbee
07-31-2008, 01:42 PM
i have that issue in my bathroom
id feel real weird if i knew you were looking at my photos as you dropped turds

Nemesis
07-31-2008, 02:22 PM

:lmao:

k20siboii
07-31-2008, 02:24 PM

lol thats hwere i get most of my reading done
and besides they arent photos of you...

those are somwhere else
i like to keep to myself

j/k j/k

CHADbee
07-31-2008, 02:37 PM
:lmao:
im sure you like though...freak.

lol thats hwere i get most of my reading done
and besides they arent photos of you...

those are somwhere else
i like to keep to myself

j/k j/k
eewwwwwwweeee :sicks:

~goes to tkae 14 showers~

Nemesis
07-31-2008, 02:57 PM
~goes to tkae 14 showers with my boyfriend~

:lmfao:

CHADbee
07-31-2008, 03:01 PM
d.amn you george :no:

k20siboii
07-31-2008, 03:29 PM
:lmfao:

lol

DJ Maestro
07-31-2008, 04:16 PM
Congrats George, that is awesome seeing your work in the magazine, but I have to say that I am more impressed by the framed work your girl did for you. That is some good lookin' work. :goodjob: