PDA

View Full Version : Sprint Service Already Has Me Laughing

Brett
07-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Okay so I decided to change from T-Mobile to Sprint this weekend and went to thier website and ordered the Sprint Touch. So I call this afteroon to see what day it will ship, and the C/S rep (Outsourced of course) tells me the phone is out of stock and it may be a week before they get it. So I get a tad pissed because they charged me instantly for it, so I expcect to have it in a day or so if I paid for it, so I say okay and hang up. I call back again a minute later to see if I will get the same answer, This next lady tells me no its not out of stock and she does not know what the other rep said it was, but I would have it tomorrow because she see's it is shipping tonight..... So I figure for the hell of it lets see what the next answer will be since I keep getting different answers, The 3rd lady says it is stock (So 2 reps agree on that atleast...lol) but it wont ship till tomorrow because I placed the order over the weekend so I will have it Thursday.

Why is it 3 different reps give me 3 different total answer? :thinking:

Damn this will be a fun company to have service with :lmfao:

But I do hear the sprint TV and stuff is very cool so I am looking foward to that stuff, What channels do they have and are they live or just short clip mobile versions?

I know I will like Sprint but just funny how 3 people give 3 different stories

SOHC MONSTER
07-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Because Sprint is ran by rejects. Same reason why they were canceling peoples accounts who called in and complained to much.

Brett
07-29-2008, 05:51 PM
They cancel people who complain? So if anyone wants out of thier contract they should just call and b*tch alot? :lmfao:

SOHC MONSTER
07-29-2008, 05:55 PM
They cancel people who complain? So if anyone wants out of thier contract they should just call and b*tch alot? :lmfao:

Worked for me! My friend sells phones and told me if I want out just do that and it worked. The phone service is okay but support is terrible!

Brett
07-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Yeah I have heard alot on how fast the net is on the phone and the Sprint TV, etc so all that is what I am getting it for, I wont call them really for support as long as the phone works, but yuoud think atleast when your a new customer they would send you to American Call Centers atleast till you get the phone which then your contract locks you in...LOL

EmminoDaGreat
07-29-2008, 06:01 PM
My sprint touch pisses me off, they have issues w/ the server and if you turn the phone off sleep in your pocket it will start ringing and say you missed a bunch of calls.

TeeJay
07-29-2008, 06:05 PM
wow im sorry dude. i work for a consulting company who manages sprint accounts for corporations here in nc, and i have to deal with their customer "care" dept every day. not a fun process.

anyways, my company also owns a sprint service and repair center as a storefront to have a sprint dealer contract, so if u need anything hit me up

TeeJay
07-29-2008, 06:07 PM
p.s. sprint's data/web service is the fastest out of the major carriers, but their phones are a real piece.

i guess that explains why i have at&t when i can get sprint for cheap lol

stillaneon
07-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Okay so I decided to change from T-Mobile to Sprint this weekend and went to thier website and ordered the Sprint Touch. So I call this afteroon to see what day it will ship, and the C/S rep (Outsourced of course) tells me the phone is out of stock and it may be a week before they get it. So I get a tad pissed because they charged me instantly for it, so I expcect to have it in a day or so if I paid for it, so I say okay and hang up. I call back again a minute later to see if I will get the same answer, This next lady tells me no its not out of stock and she does not know what the other rep said it was, but I would have it tomorrow because she see's it is shipping tonight..... So I figure for the hell of it lets see what the next answer will be since I keep getting different answers, The 3rd lady says it is stock (So 2 reps agree on that atleast...lol) but it wont ship till tomorrow because I placed the order over the weekend so I will have it Thursday.

Why is it 3 different reps give me 3 different total answer? :thinking:

Damn this will be a fun company to have service with :lmfao:

But I do hear the sprint TV and stuff is very cool so I am looking foward to that stuff, What channels do they have and are they live or just short clip mobile versions?

I know I will like Sprint but just funny how 3 people give 3 different stories

Call me tomorrow if your having issues. I can get things worked out for you

Infinite
07-29-2008, 06:17 PM
told you so brett lol

Brett
07-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Thanks man, I just wish I could have gone in to a store to get it but I understand why they dont allow you when you placed the order online, I know I will love the phone and service when I get it, Just the C/S people being out sourced really suprised me and the fact each one tells you totally different things, I know they just get the info from the computer so how they all come up with different answers I dont know...lol

Brett
07-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Call me tomorrow if your having issues. I can get things worked out for you

p.s. make it ship tonight!! LOL

slostang
07-29-2008, 07:10 PM
cliffs?

Double_0_Rusty
07-29-2008, 07:15 PM
I had nextel before the merged with Sprint, and I finally got rid of it two months ago for AT&T. I hated sprint with a passion. Good luck

Alan®
I had sprint for three years and they sucked. Should have gone to verizon and got a Voyager or whatever that new phone is.

quickdodge®
Another reason why I'm glad I have The Network. Later, QD.

Kevykev
07-29-2008, 10:22 PM
Props to those who offered support in this thread!

Brett
07-30-2008, 06:21 AM
Yeah, Im not bashing the actual service because I know I will be very happy with that, when I get the phone tomorrow I guess, but the C/S reps who you talk to.... Thats a whole other story.

Brett
07-30-2008, 06:29 AM
Come to find out, It did ship, will be here today!! WHOOHOOO lol

stillaneon
07-30-2008, 06:54 AM
Come to find out, It did ship, will be here today!! WHOOHOOO lol

See. I already have results;)

Im on your myspace too Brett. just let me know if you need anything else....

mocha latte cupcake
07-30-2008, 06:59 AM
sprint = suck... its like a S2k without vtec brett... :D

TeeJay
07-30-2008, 07:40 AM
sorry to rain on ur parade brett, but ur gonna have nothing but problems with that touch. shoulda got a curve brah!!

BLK JDM
07-30-2008, 08:00 AM
My sprint touch pisses me off, they have issues w/ the server and if you turn the phone off sleep in your pocket it will start ringing and say you missed a bunch of calls.

The "Touch" is touchy to say the least. I've had it since the day it came out and just got the Instinct 2 weeks ago. Here is some things to do that'll help your experience. It's always best to turn that phone off at least once a day. If you don't want to turn it off do a soft reset at least once a day. That'll help to keep the missed calls down. For some reason the phone won't see an incoming call until it's too late when in sleep mode. Almost like the phone is off when in sleep mode. Another way to notice that you need to do a soft reset or a on/off is that your time will not update when you turn the screen on. It'll take a couple seconds for the time to update. I've gone through plenty of Touch's(I break phones easily) and some wouldn't give me any problems at all and some would be POS off the bat. Hopefully you'll get a good one as your 1st unit.

Hope this helps!!

kelly marie
07-30-2008, 08:03 AM
the only good thing about sprint is their phones.. the customer service SUCKS! i had them about five years ago for a year and it was the worst experience i've ever had with a phone company. never ever again will i do business with them!

carbon_crash
07-30-2008, 08:25 AM
Sprint's data service is good for me. $100 a month for unlimited everything FTW!! Unlimited minutes, text, web, radio, tv, navigation, etc. Brett, should have went with the Instinct, I have a good bit of friends that work as services techs for Sprint and they all say the Touch is a POS. But you might get a good one though, who knows

Brett
07-30-2008, 08:30 AM
DP has the TOUCH and said he loves his so thats why I got it, because I loved how the phone looked and worked. So we will see. I hope all works well with it :)

Brett
07-30-2008, 08:30 AM
See. I already have results;)

Im on your myspace too Brett. just let me know if you need anything else....

HAHAHAHA SHUT UP!! LOL but thanks man, I will let ya know if I have any issues with anything, Thanks brah

blackboi50
07-30-2008, 08:43 AM
haha im in bretts network :ninja:.........1

Brett
07-30-2008, 08:45 AM
haha im in bretts network :ninja:.........1

Hell yeah, I can call you 24/7 FREE!! LOL

stillaneon
07-30-2008, 08:58 AM
the only good thing about sprint is their phones.. the customer service SUCKS! i had them about five years ago for a year and it was the worst experience i've ever had with a phone company. never ever again will i do business with them!

^this is True.

Just FYI if anyone needs customer service (i.e. change plans and such, let me know). I have an english speaking support team that can do almost everything customer care can do. I dont mind.... Store Manager has the perk of not being busy all the time. Hence why I get to sit on IA

Sport1.3
07-30-2008, 09:01 AM
I have sprint, and fvcking hate it......they have countless times completely screwed up my bills....they conveniently drop my unlimited texts, which always makes for a nice high $$$ on the bill, i have to create a new password EVERY time i call them and they still to this day (after 9 months) have my name entered wrong into their system. My middle name in place of my first name...which creates a still rage inside of me everytime they tell me there is no Daniel M***** in their system :2up:

to add to that, i have to talk to some Failed english 101 fvck from India or something to try and resolve my monthly issues...

blackboi50
07-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Hell yeah, I can call you 24/7 FREE!! LOL

yea we will prolly be like charles barkley and dwayne wade!!!!!....."hey Chuck!!!"...:lmao:......1

stillaneon
07-30-2008, 09:40 AM
yea we will prolly be like charles barkley and dwayne wade!!!!!....."hey Chuck!!!"...:lmao:......1

DOOOO EET

:no:

Brett
07-30-2008, 11:06 AM

WE GONNA BE BEST BEST FRIENDS!! lol

Mike Lowrey
07-30-2008, 11:48 AM
DP touched me last night and said he loves me, so thats why I got it, because I loved how he looked and worked. So we will see. I hope all works well with it :)

fixed.

Brett
07-30-2008, 12:14 PM
YOU SEE THE EMOTION? THIS MEANS ME AND THIS MUTHA ****KA AINT VIBIN RIGHT NOW!! lol

Mike Lowrey
07-30-2008, 12:31 PM
YOU SEE THE EMOTION? THIS MEANS ME AND THIS MUTHA ****KA AINT VIBIN RIGHT NOW!! lol

Give me some tropical Fruit Bubalicious.......

Brett
07-30-2008, 01:35 PM
..... and some skittles

Mike Lowrey
07-30-2008, 02:21 PM
..... and some skittles

:lmfao: :lmfao:

thinkfast®
07-30-2008, 05:26 PM
ALL I HEARD WAS BLABLABLA I SUCK FAT ONES

Infinite
07-30-2008, 05:34 PM
we had a touch. Pos nuff said
I went through 4 centros
5 blackberries

Everytime you break a phone they give you a reconditioned one.

Brett
07-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Okay after getting it activated and stuff now on the sprint website it says you can download ring tones so when I try and download one it says I must log in, so I do, then it takes me to the section to buy stuff, so I pick RINGERS which is what it showed that listed songs but when I go to that it doesnt give me individual songs, just lists like 5 things each at $25, Thier website is so poorly laid out. Everytime you go anywhere you have to keep logging in then when you log in, you have to tell it your phone number (Which it knows already anyways from your account when you log in)

And thier indian c/s people SUCK!!

/end rant

I wanted to get a ringtone, But I see they dont want to make it easy to do

Infinite
07-30-2008, 07:24 PM
it should be easy with the touch.
it just uses mp3's
you can make them on your pc, email to yourself then save it on the phone

you also have to have premium services enabled to use the sprint store

Brett
07-30-2008, 08:01 PM
On thier website it says you can add NASCAR live, etc software free, so when I click it or other things on the website it asks me to log in, when I do it takes me to the Sprint Lounge but then you dont see any of the stuff you clicked to bein with, and if you go back to the main page to get it it signs you out of the website again, Thier website SUCKS BALLS

Infinite
07-30-2008, 08:03 PM
are you doing it through IE or through the sprint store icon in the programs list?

Brett
07-30-2008, 08:10 PM
On my computer, Not the phone and I am trying to see how to install the navigation, says I have to download it but says to type NAV in the web browser search bar but on windows mobile I dont see a search bar lol

Infinite
07-30-2008, 08:11 PM
you have to do all of this on the phone, not your pc
lol

Brett
07-30-2008, 08:22 PM
So where is the search bar in the IE on the phone? This damn rep Im talking to cant even give me straight answers...LOL

I ask if GPS thats in my plan means I dont have to pay the $2.99 a day, he says I do pay that, Then I say well my plan says I have GPS, then he says Oh, You dont pay the $2.99 a day fee..... They dont even know thier own stuff when you ask them...LOL

Brett
07-30-2008, 08:23 PM
you have to do all of this on the phone, not your pc
lol

On thier website it shows you can do it from there as well, Like any other cell carrier. Its thier store and its online or on your phone, in thier Lounge area

Infinite
07-30-2008, 08:30 PM
its easier through the phone
under programs and in thye little touch spinny part their should be an icon for the sprint software store

Brett
07-30-2008, 08:32 PM
Yeah found that, thanks.

But to install the Navigation software it says open the phones web broswer and go to the search and type in NAV, I dont see a search area and the one in the Sprint Store doesnt bring up thier navigation when I type NAV, Gotta love them...lol

http://navigation.sprint.com/getit.html

Infinite
07-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Search for telenav

calmnothing
07-30-2008, 10:22 PM
www.xda-developers.com

Go there and reflash to a different rom. That will fix every problem you have with the phone.

Brett
07-31-2008, 06:19 AM
SPRINT TV FTMFW!!!! THAT MAKES EVERYTHING ALLLLL GOOD!! lol

Infinite
07-31-2008, 06:53 AM
Only thing that sucks is that the shows are just short clips

Infinite
07-31-2008, 06:55 AM
and I repped you just because

Leisa
07-31-2008, 07:14 AM
Brett is the gay!

Infinite
07-31-2008, 07:21 AM
you should keep the leash on him LOL

Brett
07-31-2008, 08:38 AM

I was watching CSI: Miami on it last night, Rob and Big this morning then live CNN and Discoveruy channel, and Nascar shows, etc all full length

Infinite
07-31-2008, 08:52 AM
WTF mine would only show clips

And AT&T just got a +1 from me lol
They cancelled my service by accidnt and it took me 30 minutes to get them to fix it

Brett
07-31-2008, 08:54 AM
My plan has the premium channels, so maybe thats why? I dunno... but the Sprint TV and how bad ass this phone is has me loving Sprint even if thier customer support is in india loving Allah and hating America!! LOL

Infinite
07-31-2008, 09:09 AM
I had the premium deal to

Don't worry it will start calling people randomly and saying you have calls that don't exist
Plus windows will hang up constantly

stillaneon
07-31-2008, 09:17 AM

My tv is live

Brett
07-31-2008, 11:43 AM
I am loving this phone

kelly marie
07-31-2008, 11:49 AM
how long is your contract for? hopefully not more than a year..

Brett
07-31-2008, 12:31 PM
2 years but thats pretty much the standard with any company. One thing with Sprint I like is they dont extend it like others do when you make a change to your plan. That to me is a big plus.

Infinite
07-31-2008, 12:49 PM
I've been out of contract foe like 5 years
We had a problem with thebtouch and they wanted us to sign another contract to get a new phone
Yet I called up about going through so many centros and the lady said pick any phone and we'll give it to you free.

Guess it pays to have the customer relations vp's secretary on speed dial LOL

But lately the sprint service area has gone to ****. I don't have service in my house or at school and I don't have data coverage 90% of the time

I'm with AT&T and couldn't be happier

kelly marie
07-31-2008, 12:55 PM
2 years but thats pretty much the standard with any company. One thing with Sprint I like is they dont extend it like others do when you make a change to your plan. That to me is a big plus. ouch! yeah it is standard.. i just really hope you have better luck with them. it's strange though.. either people love them and won't change or they hate them and can't change..

let us know after you get your first bill! that's how the screwed me over.. i would OVER pay my monthly bill but they would turn my phone off like five times a month due to non-payment even though i had proof it was paid. to turn it back on i had to pay five or ten bucks (gay)! they also had something called a credit balance or some crap that they said i hadn't paid. i really didn't understand how i still had a balance due when my account said i was at a zero balance..

:screwy:

good luck though :)

Infinite
07-31-2008, 01:30 PM
omgah Kelly lives
Long time no talk

kelly marie
07-31-2008, 01:32 PM
omgah Kelly lives
Long time no talk yeah it's been awhile..

who are you? :D

Zeeb
07-31-2008, 01:37 PM
Either way sprint FTL. I love my at&t

Infinite
07-31-2008, 02:32 PM
yeah it's been awhile..

l

who are you? :D will. Black 240. Friends with jim back in the day.

kelly marie
07-31-2008, 02:36 PM
will. Black 240. Friends with jim back in the day.yeah.. still not ringing a bell.

there is another kelly on the forums.. she is dating killer..

maybe you are confusing us?

Infinite
07-31-2008, 03:28 PM
LOL possible
I'm pretty pain pill happy at the moment