PDA

View Full Version : General Chat All you EF guys..

Romeo
07-29-2008, 01:13 AM
you do know that 99.999% of your cars arent really EF's, right? i've seen maybe 1 or 2 ACTUAL EF's on this forum. all the others are either EE's or ED's.correct me if i'm wrong. thanks.:goodjob:

southside
08-02-2008, 08:06 AM
Your late buddy this is a repost and who cares your car isnt a DA its actually a DB but again who gives a ****.

Papa_Smurf
08-02-2008, 09:00 AM
...:doh:

uproot
08-02-2008, 09:03 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Nemesis
08-02-2008, 09:09 AM
you do know that 99.999% of your cars arent really EF's, right? i've seen maybe 1 or 2 ACTUAL EF's on this forum. all the others are either EE's or ED's.correct me if i'm wrong. thanks.:goodjob:

haha ED

uproot
08-02-2008, 09:10 AM
http://www.begleysbest.com/images/products/Living_Like_Ed_-_Cover_Image_300.JPG

speedminded
08-02-2008, 10:35 AM
you do know that 99.999% of your cars arent really EF's, right? i've seen maybe 1 or 2 ACTUAL EF's on this forum. all the others are either EE's or ED's.correct me if i'm wrong. thanks.:goodjob:The EF is Japan and Australian market ONLY, no EF's were sold in the US.

I know there's very few EE's on here, that's the 88-91 civic wagon...EE2 for 2wd and EE4 for 4wd.

Yes, there are TONS of ED's on IA. Probably 99% of what everyone is calling an EF is an ED...anyone that wants to argue can look at their VIN. ;)

....and people get all pissy when I say there was never a single EK sold in the United States. Oh, and guess what "EG" owners...the only EG's sold in the US was the Del Sol and 4 door 92-95 Civic DX/LX. Not a single US coupe or hatch is an EG, they are all EH's or EJ's ;)

southside
08-02-2008, 11:26 AM
The EF is Japan and Australian market ONLY, no EF's were sold in the US.

I know there's very few EE's on here, that's the 88-91 civic wagon...EE2 for 2wd and EE4 for 4wd.

Yes, there are TONS of ED's on IA. Probably 99% of what everyone is calling an EF is an ED...anyone that wants to argue can look at their VIN. ;)

....and people get all pissy when I say there was never a single EK sold in the United States. Oh, and guess what "EG" owners...the only EG's sold in the US was the Del Sol and 4 door 92-95 Civic DX/LX. Not a single US coupe or hatch is an EG, they are all EH's or EJ's ;)Everyone knows but who really cares if somone says I drive a eg then you will get a idea.Who really cares about chassis code lingo.I DONT:chuckles:

FasTech
08-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Everyone knows but who really cares if somone says I drive a eg then you will get a idea.Who really cares about chassis code lingo.I DONT:chuckles:

Yea its not really that big of a deal!

AnTi-PooN
08-02-2008, 12:24 PM
lame thread....

J-ROCK
08-02-2008, 01:07 PM
guess i cant be in the ef squad now lol jk!

mightyone
08-02-2008, 02:16 PM
The EF is Japan and Australian market ONLY, no EF's were sold in the US.

....and people get all pissy when I say there was never a single EK sold in the United States. Oh, and guess what "EG" owners...the only EG's sold in the US was the Del Sol and 4 door 92-95 Civic DX/LX. Not a single US coupe or hatch is an EG, they are all EH's or EJ's ;)

Haha, yea take it easy. I tell people I drive an eg coupe.

osnap
08-02-2008, 02:42 PM
the only EG's sold in the US was the Del Sol and 4 door 92-95 Civic DX/LX.:yes: And not even all del Sols... the S and VTEC trim are EG1s and EG2s, respectively, but the Si is an EH6.

True EG ftw! :D:goodjob:

Revmaynard
08-02-2008, 02:45 PM
I own two of four EE's on this forum. :ninja: :)

X-Runner
08-02-2008, 02:47 PM
True EG ftw! :D:goodjob:

:stupid: :goodjob:

Black4DrEK
08-02-2008, 04:09 PM
lame thread....

x2^^ who gives...? technical a$$ BEACHES!!!! :tongue1:

bigdare23
08-02-2008, 04:13 PM
LOL@thread

Romeo
08-04-2008, 01:43 AM
Your late buddy this is a repost and who cares your car isnt a DA its actually a DB but again who gives a ****.
actually, you're wrong. i used to have a DA integra when i first joined this forum. so actually, you're the late one. :2up:

Romeo
08-04-2008, 01:44 AM
LOL@thread
i was looking through some pictures on google and stumbled acrossed your car on the hondatunning website.looking really nice. rep'd.

bigdare23
08-04-2008, 01:56 AM
i was looking through some pictures on google and stumbled acrossed your car on the hondatunning website.looking really nice. rep'd.

Romeo
08-04-2008, 01:58 AM
i just recently bought a '90 CRX Si. and its come a long way so far. might need a little help.haha.

Romeo
08-04-2008, 01:59 AM
but this thread was just something that was on my mind. not trying to hurt anyone's feelings or anything.lol.

bigdare23
08-04-2008, 02:03 AM
i just recently bought a '90 CRX Si. and its come a long way so far. might need a little help.haha.

Just come to the EF squad section and we'll see what we can do :goodjob:

87 Turbo II
08-04-2008, 02:52 AM
I hate the chassis code lingo all together. I'd rather people say 88 civic Hatch rather than all the coding, and I try and specify that my FB is a 1st gen Rx-7. Chassis codes are dumb and the fact that most IA members are in Hondas makes them a bit snobby throwing around all the chassis codes really makes me sick. It's like, they're FORCING others to remember some codes because they're too lazy to type the full thing out. I honestly still have no idea what generation is what code. Just say the words CIVIC ACCORD CRX or PRELUDE and the year, my dumbass can tell the bodystyle by the pic most likely in the post or the avatar or signature.

/rant

J-ROCK
08-04-2008, 12:20 PM

when i get mine up and running we need to have a photoshoot or something! lol

Romeo
08-04-2008, 01:10 PM
when i get mine up and running we need to have a photoshoot or something! lol
well hurry up and get another trans!

Romeo
08-04-2008, 01:12 PM
I hate the chassis code lingo all together. I'd rather people say 88 civic Hatch rather than all the coding, and I try and specify that my FB is a 1st gen Rx-7. Chassis codes are dumb and the fact that most IA members are in Hondas makes them a bit snobby throwing around all the chassis codes really makes me sick. It's like, they're FORCING others to remember some codes because they're too lazy to type the full thing out. I honestly still have no idea what generation is what code. Just say the words CIVIC ACCORD CRX or PRELUDE and the year, my dumbass can tell the bodystyle by the pic most likely in the post or the avatar or signature.

/rant
and i agree with that.but its not just the honda guys. just like you said your car is an FB. and its just generally easier to throw out the chassis code. and most people think when they use the chassis code, it makes them look like they know something.haha.

J-ROCK
08-04-2008, 01:16 PM
well hurry up and get another trans!

im getting the coupe from josh so im just gonna do the hydraulic swap!:goodjob:
your gonna help right?:yes:

87 Turbo II
08-04-2008, 01:32 PM
and i agree with that.but its not just the honda guys. just like you said your car is an FB. and its just generally easier to throw out the chassis code. and most people think when they use the chassis code, it makes them look like they know something.haha.
What I meant is that if I type FB in my post, like, where I have to refer to my car and another car back and fourth a lot, I type FB then whatever theother car is, but after the first FB in the post I have "(1st gen Rx-7) I mean, yeah, it's not just Honda guys, the Nissan people throw around Z31 and Z32 etc. and the Toyota guys say it for the AE86 etc. etc. I would just prefer we use the car names. Although I still think it's wors when people just refer to their car as a "hatch", "coupe", or "sedan" as those are WAAAAY too generic. I don't care if IA history means I can pretty much assume it's a Civic, I'd like to know exactly what I'm gonig to see. I am so tempted to post my next thread as "Did so and so to the hatch!" then just a bunch of pictures of the Rx-7, and when the first idiot who says "I thought it was going to be an EF hatch, you shouldn't call that car a hatch, it'll confuse people." I would say "Oh, but it HAS a hatchback, my bad for not realizing you Honda guys had copywrites to the body style."

EDIT: like the f**ing post above mine!!!!!!!!

Romeo
08-04-2008, 02:29 PM
:eek:
im getting the coupe from josh so im just gonna do the hydraulic swap!:goodjob:
your gonna help right?:yes:
haha.yeah. no problem.

Code-Aye
08-04-2008, 02:34 PM
we should soo change the name from ef squad to something different
haha,

J-ROCK
08-04-2008, 10:39 PM
:eek:
haha.yeah. no problem.

thanks buddy!

speedminded
08-04-2008, 11:16 PM

/rantTo put it in your language, from 1979-1998[US] there were 3 different generations of RX-7's. Do you think the average car person is going to be more familiar with which of the 19 years each generation changed or the 3 chassis codes? Actually 4 if you count SA but that will throw most people off. The point is most "car" people know what the FB is, what the FC is, and certainly the FD...but do they know what a 1985 or 1986 is?

The letters distinguish a generation, no different than Jr. or Sr. behind a man's name. Deal with it or go play dress up with barbies and purses. :cheers:

uproot
08-04-2008, 11:24 PM
we should soo change the name from ef squad to something different
haha,

Yeah, how about:

1988-1991 Honda Civic & Civic Renaissance Model X Forum

J-ROCK
08-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Yeah, how about:

1988-1991 Honda Civic & Civic Renaissance Model X Forum

sounds good!

87 Turbo II
08-05-2008, 02:29 AM
To put it in your language, from 1979-1998[US] there were 3 different generations of RX-7's. Do you think the average car person is going to be more familiar with which of the 19 years each generation changed or the 3 chassis codes? Actually 4 if you count SA but that will throw most people off. The point is most "car" people know what the FB is, what the FC is, and certainly the FD...but do they know what a 1985 or 1986 is?

The letters distinguish a generation, no different than Jr. or Sr. behind a man's name. Deal with it or go play dress up with barbies and purses. :cheers:
I don't care if people don't know the generation changes, yeah 3 chassis codes is easier to remember than 19 years of production with 3 checkpoints but some cars have been redone so many time learning the chassis code is just as hard as remembering when what was changed to what. At least with a model year you have some idea of what is being talked about\, and if you don't know which generation it is for that year atleast you're being told the name of the car as apposed to a few letters that you might just not the generation, you might not even know who makes it.

DC2NR
08-05-2008, 02:47 AM
uhg ... another thread failure

speedminded
08-05-2008, 03:44 AM
I don't care if people don't know the generation changes, yeah 3 chassis codes is easier to remember than 19 years of production with 3 checkpoints but some cars have been redone so many time learning the chassis code is just as hard as remembering when what was changed to what. At least with a model year you have some idea of what is being talked about\, and if you don't know which generation it is for that year atleast you're being told the name of the car as apposed to a few letters that you might just not the generation, you might not even know who makes it.It just forces you to learn more about the car in question then :tongue:

Prelude owners normally go by generations and civics/integras go by chassis codes. I promise they won't change so might as well learn them..you only have to do it once :taun:

I used to get F-body and J-body confused all the time, simply because i didn't care...probably a sin among GM owners!

87 Turbo II
08-05-2008, 03:55 AM
simply because i didn't care
same reason I'll never learn these Honda codes. FWD cars bore me.

speedminded
08-05-2008, 04:20 AM
same reason I'll never learn these Honda codes. FWD cars bore me....but they run circles around RX7's and Miata's on road courses! Now Mazda GTP cars on the other hand are pure sex :boobies:

87 Turbo II
08-05-2008, 05:11 AM
...but they run circles around RX7's and Miata's on road courses!
how else would they run with all that toque steer?? lol we should stop haha