PDA

View Full Version : New Photography

LightningSpeed
07-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Sup guys, i see really nice photos here, there, and on the web (HDR especially), and immediately i was drawn HDR photos.
Im working with a Canon SX100 IS digi cam, 10x zoom, 8mp...etc etc

Im am here to ask you photography gurus WHERE CAN I GET SOME GOOD SOFTWARE FOR FREE?!?! i have photomatix 3.0 installed but since its a trial version, all the pictures i edit on there comes out with watermarks.

Here is a sample of one my first tries. Using 4 photos of different exposures and using photomatix for touch up to create the HDR effect.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and suggestions on FREE software is needed as well.

TECHNICAL FLAMING IS WELCOME :cheers:

LightningSpeed
07-28-2008, 09:07 PM
yes, i am working on getting a tripod.
Any recommendations?

.blank cd
07-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Not too bad. If you're trying to get free software, you're gonna have to download something and crack it. Im not sure how to do that. However you can always use FDRTools. just go to fdrtools.com and download the FDR Basic.

james
07-29-2008, 11:00 AM
**** that, the ****s all over on torrents. iirc its less than 10mb

LightningSpeed
07-29-2008, 02:29 PM
ya dude i found it, thanx guys

Sol-Badguy
07-29-2008, 02:47 PM
I have the same camera as you, I love it!

(Hint: It goes to 40x zoom)

LightningSpeed
07-29-2008, 03:57 PM
I have the same camera as you, I love it!

(Hint: It goes to 40x zoom)

Cool man, it is a great camera especially for a beginner like me, but you say 40x zoom?? after 10x isnt it digital zoom? or did i miss something in the instruction manual?

CRAZY_JAY
07-29-2008, 05:29 PM
The picture looks good if you are just practicing the HDR technique.

From a photography standpoint the framing is off. There is something blue creeping into the shot in the left of the frame. The candle holder and vase in the right of the frame draw the focus away from the middle because neither of them are fully in the shot.

LightningSpeed
07-30-2008, 09:06 AM
The picture looks good if you are just practicing the HDR technique.

From a photography standpoint the framing is off. There is something blue creeping into the shot in the left of the frame. The candle holder and vase in the right of the frame draw the focus away from the middle because neither of them are fully in the shot.

yes i was just practicing, but thanks for the framing tips, as im in the market for a tripod, after that ill be able to take more "professional" pictures.

Nemesis
07-30-2008, 09:09 AM
isohunt.com

DinanM3atl
07-30-2008, 03:19 PM
This is not really an "HDR" as I believe a single longer exposure would be able to capture the image completely.

HDR is 'supposed' to be used when you cannot possibly expose an image on one single shutter opening. IE 1 picture. So you bracket the photo(I use -2,-1,0,1,2) and then merge them together. This will take the highlights and bright areas and combine them with the shadow and low areas of the others and make a single image.

However now that they have become popular they are used to make what I feel are 'fake' looking photos that look almost like a cartoon. In HDR people bump the colors up and add some contrast/saturation/shadows/highlights and it creates the 'HDR' effect that many people like. I prefer an HDR that is more natural. Just me.

The framing as said is off, crop out that blue object on the left.

eViLMunkey
07-30-2008, 04:37 PM
you cna download Adobe CS3 for free 30 day trial.. I downloaded it and it hasn't registered the days past so I guess it's free now haha!!

Which has HDR effects (High Definition Rendering) last I remember I haven't messed with it yet too much