PDA

View Full Version : Misc The Immaculate Conception...God's One Sin???

quickdodgeŽ
07-28-2008, 05:45 PM
This is the impregnating of Mary, wife of Joseph, right? I have no idea what made me think of all this but I did and now I throw out the fodder for you all to feast on.

I am no Bible tales expert, but isn't getting pregnant in wedlock considered a sin? Isn't adultery considered sin? I know the actual sexual act wasn't committed, but God got Mary pregnant. God was NOT married to Mary, correct? Mary was married to Joseph and God, knowing this chose her anyway to be the bearer of His son. Correct? Through this, one can easily conclude that Jesus was born out of wedlock and adultery. In the sense and definition of the word, bastard, would this make Jesus one (REALLY not tying to be blasphemous and using "bastard" in it's technical meaning)?

Thoughts? Lolol. Later, QD.

Specsteve
07-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Many black metal bands have touched on this same issue, only they are much more vulgar with their attempts haha.

I agree with you, the only thing I figure is maybe god considered the circumstances and thought Joesph would be a good fatherly figure and mentor to Jesus. If god would have chosen a woman who had no male partner, jesus probably would have turned out differently.

That is assuming of course that everything about Jesus's birth in the bible is true

The12lber
07-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Logic and religion exist in two different realities. The smart one and the stupid one, respectively. Don't try to unite them, you might destory the universe.

quickdodgeŽ
07-28-2008, 06:19 PM
I agree with you, the only thing I figure is maybe god considered the circumstances and thought Joesph would be a good fatherly figure and mentor to Jesus.

I thought about that as well. Then I figured that maybe it was like we played basketball when we were children where we'd make up rules as we played. Maybe that's what He did. He found a married woman, impregnated her and then "set the standards" of morality. That way it wasn't a sin when He did it but anyone who partook in this hereafter would be sinning. Later, QD.

slow_hatch
07-28-2008, 06:25 PM
God was hypocrite, but...
http://english.martinvarsavsky.net/christianity-thumb.jpg

SampaGuy
07-28-2008, 07:23 PM
After Jesus was born they still refer to Mary as the "Virgin" Mary, i think the whole point is that it was a miracle, nobody actually impregnated her.

Not that I believe any of that.

quickdodgeŽ
07-28-2008, 07:45 PM
nobody actually impregnated her.

You skimmed over my post. I stated, initially, that the "deed" wasn't actually done. Somebody did actually impregnate her. It may not have been by intercourse, but she was made pregnant by another man. Later, QD.

BABY J
07-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Hmmm - Jesus turned water into wine at a wedding. With that said, I bet his "dad" could def get Mary drunk off "water", smash that sh*t, knock her up, and then make her not remember it. LOL. In that case... Mary just THINKS that she is a Virgin, bc she doesn't remember it.

ORRRRRR, maybe she knew some old man walked across a lake to her house, snuck in, and hit that sh*t. She just didn't wanna be perceived as a whore. I know for a FACT that if I was a married woman and got knocked up by some old man - I'd lie and tell my husband Joseph that I am still a virgin as well, b/c I like my eyes UN-blackened. LMAO!!!

FURTHER F*CKING MORE, who marries a virgin and doesn't SMASH that sh*t the night of the honeymoon? Joseph is a b*tch!!!!!!!!

BABY J
07-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Oh yeah - it's been proven that women can get prego via anal sex. Maybe Jesus is an a$s baby - therefore making it possible for Mary to get knocked up, and still be a virgin.

BABY J
07-28-2008, 08:01 PM
PS: I'm drumk.:drunk: LOL

That is all.

Specsteve
07-28-2008, 08:47 PM
I thought about that as well. Then I figured that maybe it was like we played basketball when we were children where we'd make up rules as we played. Maybe that's what He did. He found a married woman, impregnated her and then "set the standards" of morality. That way it wasn't a sin when He did it but anyone who partook in this hereafter would be sinning. Later, QD.

Hmm thats a good argument, QD.

Religious discussions always boggle my mind. It is crazy because people get so heated and defensive and act like they know without a doubt 110% positive about this or that, when in reality we all know the same, which is very little haha

I guess that is why they call it "Faith"

Lucky DAWG
07-29-2008, 12:54 AM
You don't know, you believe

There are no facts, you won't find them. Thats the entire draw of it, the fact that there is something we can not comprehend and bigger then what we have here on earth.

Logic will not help you because its secular

stillaneon
07-29-2008, 09:09 AM
This is the impregnating of Mary, wife of Joseph, right? I have no idea what made me think of all this but I did and now I throw out the fodder for you all to feast on.

I am no Bible tales expert, but isn't getting pregnant in wedlock considered a sin? Isn't adultery considered sin? I know the actual sexual act wasn't committed, but God got Mary pregnant. God was NOT married to Mary, correct? Mary was married to Joseph and God, knowing this chose her anyway to be the bearer of His son. Correct? Through this, one can easily conclude that Jesus was born out of wedlock and adultery. In the sense and definition of the word, bastard, would this make Jesus one (REALLY not tying to be blasphemous and using "bastard" in it's technical meaning)?

Thoughts? Lolol. Later, QD.

What about incest? We are all God's Children. And Mary was the Mother of God in human form....

BABY J
07-29-2008, 12:25 PM
Trailer park sh*t for sure.

Arm&hammer
07-29-2008, 01:52 PM
what about this.
is it a sin to donate sperm?
because you are donating that sperm to another person that is probably married and her significant other`s sperm count is low.
therefore you are impregnating her.
but that is not a sin right?
just a thought

Maniacc
07-29-2008, 02:13 PM
You don't know, you believe
Actually we do know, certain people just choose to deny it. Which, in reality there is nothing wrong with that. BUT, if you(and by you I don't really mean you but everyone who chooses not to believe) are too deep in the denial hole to come to a realization that in fact this "act" could be considered many things, that the bible is calls "sin'in."

There are no facts, you won't find them. Thats the entire draw of it, the fact that there is something we can not comprehend and bigger then what we have here on earth.
You have a point, to a certain extent. We don't have hardore facts that this actually happened. The whole thread was made to ask a simple question, no need for logic to answer it. Anyone with common sense could.

Logic will not help you because its secular
Again, there is no need for logic here, common sense is enough.
The whole saying that Mary was still a virgin after giving birth makes absolutely no sense at all. This whole thing sounds like a breeding experiment to me. Just like breeder's insert semen into a female cow to give birth to a calf so their milk production could continue. It's all just stupid, and I have no idea why anyone would actually take time out of their day to read stuff like this.

Lucky DAWG
07-29-2008, 02:37 PM
The whole saying that Mary was still a virgin after giving birth makes absolutely no sense at all. This whole thing sounds like a breeding experiment to me. Just like breeder's insert semen into a female cow to give birth to a calf so their milk production could continue. It's all just stupid, and I have no idea why anyone would actually take time out of their day to read stuff like this.

You can not comprehend to second guess God with a tool he has given you.

Plus you have 6 posts.

Get the **** out of here with your smartass self

BABY J
07-29-2008, 02:47 PM
So far - I think my posts are winning.

~ runs

Lucky DAWG
07-29-2008, 02:50 PM
So far - I think my posts are winning.

~ runs

I'm waiting for the lightning bolt to hit you for saying he was an ass baby lol :lmfao:

(it just lightning outside right after i typed that, no joke :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :idb: , here it comes)

Maniacc
07-29-2008, 02:53 PM
You can not comprehend to second guess God with a tool he has given you.

Plus you have 6 posts.

Get the **** out of here with your smartass self
Somehow you manage to suck at posting more than a guy who can't figure out how to plug in his keyboard.

(That was in fact, a smartass comment)

But in all seriousness. Why did you ignore my previous statement and only went after the obvious ie: my post count?

ps: I have 7 now, fyi.

Lucky DAWG
07-29-2008, 02:58 PM
Somehow you manage to suck at posting more than a guy who can't figure out how to plug in his keyboard.

But in all seriousness. Why did you ignore my previous statement and only went after the obvious ie: my post count?

Common sense was given to you by god, so it can not be used to second guess the maker of the tool. That is true no matter what God or religion you believe in unless you are atheist. There is no proof, that is the point of religion, it is faith. I don't know how much more it needs to be described to you. Faith is the only thing you need to know, if you have it... great... if you don't, then either move along or look harder.

And i'm not going to take you seriously since you now have a whopping seven posts when you are going to try and insult a religion and those who believe in it. I don't insult you for not believing (mostly bc i dunno who the **** you are because you have 7 posts) so don't insult me.

stillaneon
07-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Common sense was given to you by god, so it can not be used to second guess the maker of the tool. That is true no matter what God or religion you believe in unless you are atheist. There is no proof, that is the point of religion, it is faith. I don't know how much more it needs to be described to you. Faith is the only thing you need to know, if you have it... great... if you don't, then either move along or look harder.

And i'm not going to take you seriously since you now have a whopping seven posts when you are going to try and insult a religion and those who believe in it. I don't insult you for not believing (mostly bc i dunno who the **** you are because you have 7 posts) so don't insult me.

^QFT

I myself am an atheist. But I am never going to look down on someone who believes in God or anything else. To each his own...

Lucky DAWG
07-29-2008, 03:31 PM
^QFT

I myself am an atheist. But I am never going to look down on someone who believes in God or anything else. To each his own...

+1 to you

Total_Blender
07-29-2008, 03:40 PM
I think God can pretty much do whatever he wants as far as sin goes. He seems to do a lot of smiting, taking of firstborns, causing plagues, impregnating other men's wives, etc. When your will is law I guess you are never unethical:screwy:

quickdodgeŽ
07-29-2008, 03:43 PM

How long you think you'll be here this time? Lolol.

Later, QD.

Lucky DAWG
07-29-2008, 03:56 PM
How long you think you'll be here this time? Lolol.

Later, QD.

however long it takes him to muster up another post :lmfao:

stillaneon
07-29-2008, 08:35 PM
You would think Alex would have run out of M words for sn's by now

Maniacc
07-29-2008, 08:44 PM
*Crying pretty hard over it.*
Common sense was giving to us by God himself? Really? From my understanding we gain that through various life changing experiences. Kinda like the one's we start experiencing after birth. I'm not attacking anyone's religion like you keep saying. You were the first one to insult me by telling me to "get the hell outta here with my smartass self." If you can't handle baby insults don't dish em out.

As a side note, I have a nephew named Alex. Not him though, you guys can call me Geo. :)

Lucky DAWG
07-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Common sense was giving to us by God himself? Really? From my understanding we gain that through various life changing experiences. Kinda like the one's we start experiencing after birth. I'm not attacking anyone's religion like you keep saying. You were the first one to insult me by telling me to "get the hell outta here with my smartass self." If you can't handle baby insults don't dish em out.

As a side note, I have a nephew named Alex. Not him though, you guys can call me Geo. :)

I will dish insults all i please, this is the internet, SERIOUZ BIZNESS

and not only are you ill informed, but you are retarded as well. Common Sense is something that is "supposed" to be instilled on all humans from birth, hence the name common sense.

Brilliant i know, you got skipped seemingly

Maniacc
07-29-2008, 09:32 PM
I will dish insults all i please, this is the internet, SERIOUZ BIZNESS
You can't dish out insults if your life depended on it. You know, death by auto-erotic asphyxia would be less embarrassing than continuing to live in your case. Just sayin' is all.

and not only are you ill informed, but you are retarded as well. Common Sense is something that is "supposed" to be instilled on all humans from birth, hence the name common sense.
Bingo! Ding ding ding, we have a winner! This is exactly what I was saying from the start. We're genetically embedded with common sense, no other 'being' gave it to us. It's part of what make's us unique.

Brilliant i know, you got skipped seemingly
Given your prolific post history: Stop using computers.
Pwnt

Lucky DAWG
07-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Pwnt

no pwnage occured.
cute though.

Common sense is not unique... it is supposed to be general knowledge we ALL possess, killing all forms of being unique to one person.

And second who instilled it there in the first place?

This is obviously a debate of chicken or the egg and who put it there. So just go drink some bleach and end yourself. I'm going back to doing my essay so i can get out of here, been distracted too much by the computer.

Toodooloo dumbass

Maniacc
07-29-2008, 09:40 PM
*Crying pretty hard about it, again.*
Oookkkaaayyy...

Honey I am more man than you'll ever be and more woman than you'll ever get. Don't try to exchange wit with me. You started this little 'battle' but you can't dish it out. It's good that you're hitting the books, you could use more intellect.

Especially when disputing with me.

Lucky DAWG
07-29-2008, 09:47 PM
Oookkkaaayyy...

Honey I am more man than you'll ever be and more woman than you'll ever get. Don't try to exchange wit with me. You started this little 'battle' but you can't dish it out. It's good that you're hitting the books, you could use more intellect.

Especially when disputing with me.

you're a woman?

feisty, my place?

Maniacc
07-29-2008, 09:50 PM
lmao uh, how much meat are you packing?

Lucky DAWG
07-29-2008, 09:57 PM
lmao uh, how much meat are you packing?

19" and change

Ran
07-30-2008, 09:39 AM
You skimmed over my post. I stated, initially, that the "deed" wasn't actually done. Somebody did actually impregnate her. It may not have been by intercourse, but she was made pregnant by another man. Later, QD.Actually, that's where it goes in a weird direction.

"Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." - 1 Corinthians 6:18-20

Sexual immorality is a sin of the flesh, commited only by mortal men. The "immaculate conception" as it's called, was a miracle of God and not commited by a sexually immoral act of the flesh.

It's weird and tough to translate, but I think the point comes down to the law pertaining only to mortal man or something of that nature.

quickdodgeŽ
07-30-2008, 04:22 PM
but I think the point comes down to the law pertaining only to mortal man or something of that nature.

No. That's not the point. He got her pregnant. And she was mortal. Later, QD.