PDA

View Full Version : WTF?!?! Can't drink alchohol in lakewood parking lot???

©hris
07-26-2008, 11:42 AM
i just saw this on their website.....

the consumption of alcohol is prohibited in all Lakewood Amphitheatre parking lots.

called up there and its some new rule they have... this is BULL****!!!

wtf are people gonna do when tailgating now??? i gotta cooler full of beer about to head up there

Lucky DAWG
07-26-2008, 11:45 AM
wait when was this put into action though???

I was there at Warped Tour and Country Fair and everyone was drinking, the only issue was being underage.

It could just be a disclaimer that has been there forever that they don't enforce, if this just happened i'm not going to 311 tonight

©hris
07-26-2008, 11:46 AM
how long ago was that?

Lucky DAWG
07-26-2008, 11:46 AM
how long ago was that?

country fair was beginning of june i'd say

warped tour was like 3 weeks ago.

I take back on warped tour though, didn't really see a lot of drinking for that, half the audience is STRAIGHTTT EDGEEE anyways

©hris
07-26-2008, 11:47 AM
screw it lol im gonna drink and if they say something ..... i had no idea :)

i can't imagine what a Jimmy Buffet show would be like with no alchohol in the parking lot

Lucky DAWG
07-26-2008, 11:54 AM
screw it lol im gonna drink and if they say something ..... i had no idea :)

i can't imagine what a Jimmy Buffet show would be like with no alchohol in the parking lot

haha very true. but im questioning when this was put into effect is the thing, it could have been after country fair if some kind of incident happened.

I was at a Jimmy Buffett Free cover last night, A1A, on the marietta square. I partook in a congo line led by an 80 yr old man and was sloshed, i love parrot heads :lmfao:

©hris
07-26-2008, 11:56 AM
haha very true. but im questioning when this was put into effect is the thing, it could have been after country fair if some kind of incident happened.

I was at a Jimmy Buffett Free cover last night, A1A, on the marietta square. I partook in a congo line led by an 80 yr old man and was sloshed, i love parrot heads :lmfao:

lol yeah parrot heads are great.

blacknightteg
07-26-2008, 12:22 PM
jimmy buffet FTMFW!

Lucky DAWG
07-26-2008, 03:36 PM
jimmy buffet FTMFW!

aka the honky convention lol, i'm a big fan myself haha

that term was coined when my friend encountered a hobo around lakewood (1 in a million in that area) who asked him if he was going to the "honkey convention" i laughed my ass off when i heard that.

don't think i'm goin to 311 though, a lot of my friends are in respective college towns and tired of it after bein the past few years, plus it looks like the heavens are gonna open up later tonight.

have fun though whoever is going tonight

eViLMunkey
07-26-2008, 04:11 PM
drink anyway Dur!! it's just counted as an infraction of Public Consumption. and they probably put that up since they could be tired of the trash left in their parking lots..

sr98219
07-26-2008, 05:59 PM
I was at the Jimmy Buffet concert there and saw those signs but I dont think anyone payed them any attention. The cops didn't say anything to anyone as far as I know. But then again, I couldn't imagine what the results would be telling 60,000+ Jimmy Buffet fans they couldn't drink.

IndianStig
07-26-2008, 06:08 PM
chris, i bet if you were lighting a blunt, no one would care. i might see yah down there.

AnthonyF
07-26-2008, 06:28 PM
It’s estimated that at any one time around 0.7% of the world’s population is drunk.

-Ant.