PDA

View Full Version : WRX clearing first cat CEL

tybalt6691
07-25-2008, 08:17 AM
Yo,

I met a dude in a black 05 wrx at the meet last night. He was using romraider/openecu. He said to hit him up on here to get him to swing by and disable the sensor on the up pipe using openecu. Anyone know anybody that has an 05 and using openecu to tune? OR does anyone know an easy CEL fix for the up pipe sensor? I am putting an STI uppipe on this weekend and will probably throw a CEL.

Nemesis
07-25-2008, 08:23 AM
Go get a real tune from a certified tuner here in Atlanta, or just go the cheap route and get an anti-fouler from AutoZone.

My WRX was tuned by Scott Siegel when he was at SOG, but now he is working with Doug at TopSpeed. BatlGround is also a great place to go for tuning.

Honestly when working on any portion of the exhaust and removing cats in an 04/05 WRX (probably the pickiest years) you should get a fresh tune to get the most out of the mods. Going catless without a tune can cause issues.

tybalt6691
07-25-2008, 08:38 AM
It's an 02 that I am putting the uppipe on and from what I have read there are not major issues with creap. I will be getting a tune in about a month when the funds are renewed and an AP is purchased.

On a side note I saw your stang last night and CLEAN! That is comming from a guy that is anti mustang too. I said to myself when I saw it last night, that is a clean asss mustang.

AirMax95
07-25-2008, 09:03 AM
It's an 02 that I am putting the uppipe on and from what I have read there are not major issues with creap. I will be getting a tune in about a month when the funds are renewed and an AP is purchased.

On a side note I saw your stang last night and CLEAN! That is comming from a guy that is anti mustang too. I said to myself when I saw it last night, that is a clean asss mustang.

Like I said last night, the 02/03 WRX has no boost creep issues. I have been catless for alomost 2 years, and my car runs awesome, lol. I am finally getting the ECUtek tuned in the next month or so.

Since you are getting the AP, let Scott or Doug do their magic. The OTS map from Cobb is nice, but no where nears as smooth as a Protune.

Let me know if you need some help with the DP and UP install. I can give verbal advice, lol. :D

Nemesis
07-25-2008, 09:20 AM

Thanks man!

Oh, and when you get your AP , dont leave it out. I had mine stolen, even though it was married to my ecu. :thinking:

Footefan52
07-25-2008, 09:22 AM
Scott tunes AP...

Have you put the uppipe on? You can't disable the front O2 sensor if thats what your wanting to do. The spark plug non-fouler trick is for the rear 02 sensor not the front.

tybalt6691
07-25-2008, 09:35 AM
How do you implement a CEL fix for that 02 sensor?

Footefan52
07-25-2008, 10:33 AM
You buy the big spark plug non-foulers at Advanced Auto and drill the bottom out of one of them. You then screw the drilled one into the non molested one. Now you have two of them together and you screw that into the rear O2 bung. The O2 sensor goes into the set-up you just made.

www.scoobymods.com

www.nasioc.com

Those sites are a Subie owners best friend

tybalt6691
07-25-2008, 10:44 AM
This is not for the rear. This is for the egt bung in the uppipe not the "mid" pipe between the dp and catback

TopSpeedInc
07-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Give us a call. We can improve your setup as is with our Cobb Protune. You will not be disappointed.

Tray M
TopSpeed Inc.
866-94SPEED

Footefan52
07-26-2008, 08:36 AM
Very true... You won't be disappointed with Top Speed.