PDA

View Full Version : Thanks DAD now I cannot get my Stimulus check...

dtmcnamara
07-24-2008, 11:27 PM
Ok so my last year at school I have been cutting everything pretty cheap. Working to pay for my car and to live. I had a few little incidents where I needed to go to the doctor and dentist and when I called my parents they told me to just go to the local clinic and just pay the $100 or whatever it was going to cost. I ended up doing this 3 times, almost $500 total, and went to the dentist once for a nice fat bill of $1200, after the antibiotics.

At the time all of this happened I would have to max a credit car just to do anything, you know how it is at school. Well my last digits of my social are 89, so I was suppose to get my stimulus check on the 11th of this month. I have been waiting for a while now and decided to give it until today. I got home from work and went to my parents house. Got the mail and saw nothing still so I called the IRS.

After talking to a billion different automated people i finally got a person to talk to.

"Welll Mr. McNamara, because of your dependence status, you are not eldgable for the stimulus check".

I paused and said "Excuse me, what??!!"

She then went on to tell me that my parents claimed me this year.

I went back and forth and told the lady that I didnt live with them. They didnt pay my car note, my insurance, my schooling bill, my cell phone bill, anything. I filed for single and not being a dependent and everything else.

She cam back and said because THEY claimed me that I still wouldnt be able to get the $600 check.

Ok so now this is the F'd up part. I call my dad and was like WTF why did you claim me. He said, aint I quote "SO YOU CAN HAVE HEALTH DENTAL AND VISION COVERAGE"...

I was like WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have all this insurance and you guys let me just go to the local clinic and dentist and pay a arm and a leg when I had a $20 co-pay...

I swear if they werent my biological parents they would be LONG GONE....

lol...parents. :2up:

sararose
07-24-2008, 11:36 PM
Wow, and I thought this was going to be one of those, "Omg, my dad totally, like, grounded me for txtin all the time on my cell phone. How ELSE em i suposed 2 hav a social life?!?!11!/! I HATE HIM1!1!!!" threads.

Good for you for being so independent! I would seriously try to get them for all those medical bills at the least. It seems like you've been pretty mature up to this point, so I suggest just sitting down with them as an adult, and explaining that since they claimed you for insurance reasons, and you are out a $600 check and $1200+ in medical bills, the least they can do is give you a personal check for $600 for the health insurance you never knew you had (but they did), and the loss of your stimulus check. Good luck! :cheers:

Hulud
07-24-2008, 11:41 PM
Wow, and I thought this was going to be one of those, "Omg, my dad totally, like, grounded me for txtin all the time on my cell phone. How ELSE em i suposed 2 hav a social life?!?!11!/! I HATE HIM1!1!!!" threads.
:stupid:

HeLLo iM iZzY
07-24-2008, 11:47 PM
LOL @ the thread. Like OMG, go make a blog on your myspace about it or something, like totally, dude, lololol/ Im fukin witcha. Alteast get that money that your parents got for claiming you. I know some of it is supposed to go to you.

Anyways, if thats your red s2k, I saw it up and down 20 today about 2-3 times today. Sounds nice bro

sararose
07-25-2008, 12:07 AM
:stupid:

http://img.myspacesmileys.com/ef752416190997bf79e4e59285a766079cddd829.gif

http://img.myspacesmileys.com/ccaa9be91a6863def860272720391973a0f855dc.gif

dtmcnamara
07-25-2008, 05:36 AM

Good for you for being so independent! I would seriously try to get them for all those medical bills at the least. It seems like you've been pretty mature up to this point, so I suggest just sitting down with them as an adult, and explaining that since they claimed you for insurance reasons, and you are out a $600 check and $1200+ in medical bills, the least they can do is give you a personal check for $600 for the health insurance you never knew you had (but they did), and the loss of your stimulus check. Good luck! :cheers:

I dont really care about the money. It just sucks cause I have tuition coming up on the 8th, and I was relying on the $600 check for books. Now I just have to pull that credit card out and charge it back up again...O well. Maybe I will just ask for the $300 my dad got for claiming me

LOL @ the thread. Like OMG, go make a blog on your myspace about it or something, like totally, dude, lololol/ Im fukin witcha. Alteast get that money that your parents got for claiming you. I know some of it is supposed to go to you.

Anyways, if thats your red s2k, I saw it up and down 20 today about 2-3 times today. Sounds nice bro

ye thats me. I work up off of HWY 20 and 124. close to hamilton mill. Always going here and there. and thanks. I have still yet to hear my own exhaust. Ever since I got the stage 2 clutch and lightweight flywheel, nobody likes to drive my car...lol I guess thats not totally bad

Brett
07-25-2008, 06:10 AM
Just tell him he owes you $600 :D

IndianStig
07-25-2008, 10:42 AM
dany, sucks for you. yeah i'd ask for my parents to help me pay for my books if anything like that happened, seeing as how they made you spend 1700(minus 200 in copays) that you shouldn't have had to spend to begin with before maxin my credit card out...

Dr.G35
07-25-2008, 10:44 AM
i havent even got my state back yet? should i be worried?

eViLMunkey
07-25-2008, 10:48 AM
The 'rent s screwed ya... damn that sucks a nut

hondachik
07-25-2008, 10:49 AM
i havent even got my state back yet? should i be worried?

x2. I filed my taxes in January and haven't recieved my little $80 yet. Considering I don't have a job now, that may be something I want to checkup on again for the 4th time.

Anyways thats awesome you're actually out doing for yourself man. I hope your parents are atleast the type to give you your money back. I know my mom would do something like that...I mean, its only fair considering you are actually out there doing something for yourself.

Dr.G35
07-25-2008, 10:51 AM
where do you check at?

hondachik
07-25-2008, 10:54 AM
where do you check at?

H & R Block. I even got the RAL. But only for the FEDS. I keep calling to check on the State and they have kept saying they are going to have sent it out/ going to re-send it out, but I don't have it yet.

Dr.G35
07-25-2008, 10:55 AM
i didnt do mine through h and r but ill look into it. thanks for the info.

hondachik
07-25-2008, 11:14 AM
i didnt do mine through h and r but ill look into it. thanks for the info.

You're welcome. Yeah just call the state and they'll tell you if its been sent out, or sent back and they'll confirm your address.

800-338-2389

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Well, he made $300 off of you, so tell him that you want that money...