PDA

View Full Version : Misc study tips/advice for anyone/everyone

Reaper
07-24-2008, 04:42 PM
I know that there are some of us that are/aren't in school but a lot of jobs these days you have to study for some kind of test to get some kind of certification or SOMETHING to keep your job, get promoted, etc...

I don't know about ya'll but I can't seem to just sit down and focus. There is always something I feel that is more important to do. I'm a personal trainer and I'm about to start @ a new gym in which they are making me get another certification...I have 2 weeks. Its basically a big ass text book. The first time I had help with others and studying and now they are so busy none of them have time. I really want to do this on my own, but I always seem to get distracted. Any advice? Tips that work for you? Anything will help

BTW this isn't just for me, I think it'd help anyone that is in school or @ a job that they need to study for. We all have distractions, how do YOU stay focused??

My girlfriend says coffee(not starbucks but a real coffee) with a room w/nothing really in it, and your study materials...

Read, take notes, make note cards, re-read...

Cliffs:
-need certification for new job
-lots of info to retain
-can't seem to focus for more than 20-30 minutes.
-need advice/tips on how to stay on track on a day to day basis