PDA

View Full Version : Court Yesterday

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-24-2008, 09:27 AM
So... I don't know who knows my story, and if you don't care about it then GTFO and keep your mouth shut... ;)

Long story short, I had a 5 year ROCKY relationship with a POS, got preggers, had the kid, put his name on the birth certificate and gave Maximus his last name... 6 weeks after having Max, I left him because I finally realized that he was never going to change and that he'd always be a POS...:blah:

16 months later, he has seen his child 1 time and never calls to check on him and doesn't care about him at all and HAS NEVER PAID A SINGLE PENNY... :2up:

Well, about 3 months ago, he and his fiance had another baby:dunno: and they continued to try to make my life He**.... so I got fed up, contacted an attorney and filed abandonment. It is a misdemeanor offense and all he had to do was show up for mediation. HE DIDN'T SHOW UP!!! :lmfao: The court issued a bench warrant for him and he was arrested the following Monday morning. His excuse was that he didn't receive the letter (:thinking: ). He was out shortly after that day because him Mommy bailed him out. They scheduled an arraignment date for mediation, which was yesterday (07/23)... He showed up looking slummy and trashy as ever. :doh: All he wanted to do was to voluntarily give up his rights (which is what I want him to do); however, in the state of GA, he can't give up his rights until there is an adopting parent (aka, a stepdad)... Well, since I'm not married, I have no one to adopt Max:cry: . So, after informing him of that information, I offered for him to have no visitation (after all, he hasn't seen him and doesn't care to so why should he be able to???) which he agreed to, and to pay $450/month (just the cost of daycare.) Take into consideration, he makes well over $3000/month and the state of GA calculator said he needed to pay $960/month. He refused and said that he was NOT paying $450/month, granted I have paid for every penny of everything Max has since he was born, over $16000 worth. So, he plead NOT-GUILTY!!!! They scheduled a trial date for September 2nd. Basically, the attorney said he's an idiot and that when they find him guilty of child abandonment (which they will), then not only will he have no visitation, but he'll be forced to pay the $960/month stated on the child support calculator... :cheers:

Good day for me, BAD LIFE FOR HIM.:bump:

mocha latte cupcake
07-24-2008, 09:30 AM
W00T W00T

sorry its been such a struggle but i'm glad things are going to take a turn for the better tiff!

Ed
07-24-2008, 09:31 AM
good job. i hope it all works out for the best for you and max.

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-24-2008, 09:33 AM
Thanks guys!

Reaper
07-24-2008, 09:33 AM
Bastard is getting what he deserved! If I could rep you I would. Props to mom for being a badass

ps. Maximus is a ballin freakin name:goodjob:

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-24-2008, 09:34 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Reaper again.

Me too! LOL.. thanks. It's been a struggle, but I'm dealing with it fine.

Leisa
07-24-2008, 09:34 AM
I cant stand.. pieces of **** fathers... ugghh

Reaper
07-24-2008, 09:37 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Reaper again.

Me too! LOL.. thanks. It's been a struggle, but I'm dealing with it fine.

My pops works for Little Tikes, if you ever need anything on the toy end shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Thank you!! That is awesome. He's got plenty of toys now, but maybe towards Christmas.

Reaper
07-24-2008, 10:11 AM
Thank you!! That is awesome. He's got plenty of toys now, but maybe towards Christmas.

Well just lmk, its not a hassle @ all.

Goodluck w/everything:cheers:

PhatbacK
07-24-2008, 10:14 AM
good for you tiff! and kudos for being a young single mom! I have a girlfriends who is getting ready to have a baby next week and she is going to be a single parent as well. it makes me for f'ing sick that now adays people cant step up to the plate and take on their responsibilities! and its ashame that your son..who is completely innocent in all this....has to have a dead beat dad. .............hah im fired up now! sorry but now at 23 i see more of my friends and others having to go through **** like this alone or having people that want nothing to do with THEIR OWN KIDS. no one deserves to go through that......but tiff your a tough cookie for putting up with it! you go girl!! hahaha

Sport1.3
07-24-2008, 10:14 AM
congrats Tiff :D

Max has a good mommy, and **** dead beat dads...i know that story all too well

Reaper
07-24-2008, 10:17 AM
This is the kinda stuff that gives us guys a bad name....I was blessed with a great father thankfully, but it kills me when a dad isn't around or treats his family like crap, or both.

If I had my druthers abandonment would be a capital crime, but thats just me.

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-24-2008, 10:17 AM
good for you tiff! and kudos for being a young single mom! I have a girlfriends who is getting ready to have a baby next week and she is going to be a single parent as well. it makes me for f'ing sick that now adays people cant step up to the plate and take on their responsibilities! and its ashame that your son..who is completely innocent in all this....has to have a dead beat dad. .............hah im fired up now! sorry but now at 23 i see more of my friends and others having to go through **** like this alone or having people that want nothing to do with THEIR OWN KIDS. no one deserves to go through that......but tiff your a tough cookie for putting up with it! you go girl!! hahaha

Thanks Kali! The only thing that matters in life are your children... I put up with him forever until I realized I didn't have to anymore... The ball is in my court and it will remain in my court and as long as he's a dumba$$, I will continue to make my free throws... F*CK him!!

Vteckidd
07-24-2008, 10:18 AM
yeah what a dirtbag. How can you not want to see or help provide for your child! Thats just sick. No matter how he feels about you, the kid never did anything to him. That his flesh and blood and to just not care, theres a spot in hell reserved for him.

Good news is you are better off without him. Even though im sure its hard being a single mother, im sure it would have been worse being married to that douche canoe.

Sidenote: Marry ME?

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-24-2008, 10:18 AM
congrats Tiff :D

Max has a good mommy, and **** dead beat dads...i know that story all too well

Thank you. I've never had to deal with a dead beat dad, I always had a wonderful family...

Reaper
07-24-2008, 10:19 AM
yeah what a dirtbag. How can you not want to see or help provide for your child! Thats just sick. No matter how he feels about you, the kid never did anything to him. That his flesh and blood and to just not care, theres a spot in hell reserved for him.

Good news is you are better off without him. Even though im sure its hard being a single mother, im sure it would have been worse being married to that douche canoe.

this could be an IA first haha

Vteckidd
07-24-2008, 10:22 AM
ill adpot Max if it FINALLY GETS ME WITH TIF!

Ive been E-Humping her since before she even joined IA

SiRed94
07-24-2008, 10:22 AM
sounds just like my mom's situation when I was born... REPS for taking action and being a good mommy!!!

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-24-2008, 10:23 AM

It is tough being a single mom, but even if I could change it, I probably wouldn't. Plus, with our relationship, marriage was NEVER an option. I haven't found Mr. Right yet, but when I do, Max will have a daddy.

He never cared about Max.. not when I was pregnant, not after I had him and certainly not now. HE TOLD ME THAT HE WISHED MAX WAS NEVER BORN!!! How could anyone ever say that about an innocent child, especially one with Max's personality... I just wish he knew what he was missing...

I mean, doesn't he realize that there are dads out there that would do anything possible to be about to see their children but can't because the mother won't allow it out of spite, or because they may have had a rocky past or a bad attorney? How can you not want to be a part of your child's life? It boggles my mind. :cry:

PhatbacK
07-24-2008, 10:24 AM
Thanks Kali! The only thing that matters in life are your children... I put up with him forever until I realized I didn't have to anymore... The ball is in my court and it will remain in my court and as long as he's a dumba$$, I will continue to make my free throws... F*CK him!!

all I can say is....milk it for alllll its worth!! he'll realize one day he ****ed up...but by then it wont be you who he will have to make things right with...itll be his son! and that will be the hardest thing he will ever have to do!

see i had the opposite situation...my mom raised me but then decided she didnt want to anymore..my aunt and dad have always been there for me! and too this day me and my mom dont have a good relationship....how could a mother be fine with that let alone a dad? sucks. every kid deserves to have 2 parents that love them....whether their toether or not...but the children always suffer

Sport1.3
07-24-2008, 10:24 AM
This is the kinda stuff that gives us guys a bad name....I was blessed with a great father thankfully, but it kills me when a dad isn't around or treats his family like crap, or both.

If I had my druthers abandonment would be a capital crime, but thats just me.

werd, my real father is worthless.....i havent talked to him in 7 yrs and havent seen him since i was 6 (now 24). He's never paid child support, never sends birthday cards or even a freakin call, never visits...etc. Honestly, i dont even really think of him as my father. Its always their loss in the end, because they will never get to experience all the joy that is having a kid. He'll never know me......i agree it should be punishable with a prison sentence

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-24-2008, 10:25 AM
ill adpot Max if it FINALLY GETS ME WITH TIF!

Ive been E-Humping her since before she even joined IA

Very true. :lmfao:

sounds just like my mom's situation when I was born... REPS for taking action and being a good mommy!!!

I hate that she went through that with you. Thank you.

Vteckidd
07-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Yeah, screw him, your son is better off.

You can tell he got all your genes :)

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Yeah, screw him, your son is better off.

You can tell he got all your genes :)

thanks. :D

tony
07-24-2008, 10:30 AM
I mean, doesn't he realize that there are dads out there that would do anything possible to be about to see their children but can't because the mother won't allow it out of spite, or because they may have had a rocky past or a bad attorney? How can you not want to be a part of your child's life? It boggles my mind. :cry:

He'll really regret his decision the older his son gets, also I don't understand how a woman can be engaged to a man that will deny his own son? Regardless of how he feels toward you I would tend to think that is a turn off.

My son is 7 now, I know some people look down on young single parents but I wouldn't trade it for an other experience I have had, or may have in my life.

Reaper
07-24-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm just glad to see that your doing well overall...and handling it the way you are. Says a ton about the person you are, and the person your son is going to be...

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-24-2008, 10:35 AM
He'll really regret his decision the older his son gets, also I don't understand how a woman can be engaged to a man that will deny his own son? Regardless of how he feels toward you I would tend to think that is a turn off.

My son is 7 now, I know some people look down on young single parents but I wouldn't trade it for an other experience I have had, or may have in my life.

It IS a turn OFF!!! I know. I went on a date one time (Way before I ever had a kid) and he had a child that he didn't care about.. I ended it and left him at the restaurant. I don't care what the story is with the ex, it's the child I'm concerned about.

I don't care who looks down on single parents... I'm a good mother to Maximus and I always will be - even if in 50 years I'm still single...

I'm just glad to see that your doing well overall...and handling it the way you are. Says a ton about the person you are, and the person your son is going to be...

True. Thanks.;)

BlueHatch
07-24-2008, 10:36 AM
good for you, i have ex friends that i dont talk to anymore because they did the same shyt urs did, as far as i can tell the state leans so heavily towards the mother you can get more than that from him if you really pressed it. maximus is a gangster name and his mom is obviously a gangster too so i think you will both be gravy train

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-24-2008, 10:39 AM
good for you, i have ex friends that i dont talk to anymore because they did the same shyt urs did, as far as i can tell the state leans so heavily towards the mother you can get more than that from him if you really pressed it. maximus is a gangster name and his mom is obviously a gangster too so i think you will both be gravy train

thanks.. all it takes is a little research and a few resources and you look smart in a courtroom.. lol.

:cheers:

Killer
07-24-2008, 11:23 AM
I cant stand.. pieces of **** parents... ugghh

Fixed... seriously...

Glad it's working out for you.... guy sounds like he's pretty crumby... sucks max is gonna grow up without his real father though.. i hate those kinds of situations...

my parents divorced when i was a baby...... put me and my sister through hell growing up because both parents only thought of themselves in the situation.. instead of thinking about us... they were more concerned with hurting each other (using us kids to hurt the other) than they were about the confusion/hurt they were putting us through...

You seem like you've got your head on straight about this. I understand the father is a dead beat, but there may be a day he has a change of heart.. and a son needs a dad... so just remember that later in life if it comes to it, and don't deprive your son of what could be a great relationship with his dad... even if your relationship with the father is horrid...

Kevykev
07-24-2008, 11:28 AM
That guy really is a Dirtbag in his truest form. Now matter the situation between him and yourself, he should still be involved with "his" son.

Anyway, Tiff, I know that you were and always will be a strong woman so keep making moves homey.

Vayda
07-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Good for you!! Take him for all he's worth...shame you didn't do a quickie wedding/divorce, then i'd say get him for alimony too lol.

I hope Max is okay when he gets older, knowing how his dad was. Does he know his paternal grandparents at all? I'm assuming they're just as bad since mommy bailed him out...

Killer
07-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Good for you!! Take him for all he's worth...shame you didn't do a quickie wedding/divorce, then i'd say get him for alimony too lol.

I hope Max is okay when he gets older, knowing how his dad was. Does he know his paternal grandparents at all? I'm assuming they're just as bad since mommy bailed him out...

are you kidding??? you can't judge his parents because they bailed him outta jail!!! that's their son, sitting in jail... of course they're gonna bail him out... doesn't mean they are bad grandparents..

now, they may be... but you can't make that assumption based on the fact they CARE FOR THEIR SON!!!!

Vayda
07-24-2008, 01:21 PM
Hey, that's why i asked if Max knew them. It was less the fact that his mother bailed him out and more the way she phrased it in the original post, made it sounds like she didn't like the mother any better than the son.

ShooterMcGavin
07-24-2008, 01:23 PM
what a f*cktard, i'm just sad that you got knocked up by said individual :no:

Killer
07-24-2008, 01:41 PM
Hey, that's why i asked if Max knew them. It was less the fact that his mother bailed him out and more the way she phrased it in the original post, made it sounds like she didn't like the mother any better than the son.

and she may hate their guts, but that doesn't make them bad grandparents...

that's all i'm saying.. we can't judge what we don't know...

dkjohnson04
07-24-2008, 01:46 PM
what a punk........thats really sad it had to come down to that but props for takin care of business......some women just sit around in misery and never take action!!!!

taking action > complaining & doing nothing

buddha@TeamFX
07-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Tiff...You know how I feel about the situation, he definately has no idea what he is missing out on and what a great kid Max is. I'm always here and I'll be right there beside you in September once again!

blacknightteg
07-24-2008, 02:20 PM
man that is some bull****. good to hear that things are working out for you in the long run tho.

JennB
07-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Basically, the attorney said he's an idiot and that when they find him guilty of child abandonment (which they will), then not only will he have no visitation, but he'll be forced to pay the $960/month stated on the child support calculator... :cheers:

Good, and I hope you get every penny of it.

I've been there, my parents were divorced when I was young and my dad was off in his own world doing nothing for us. My mom sued him and won, of course. Luckily, he grew up eventually and realized what a mistake he had made and ended up helping me out with a LOT of stuff in my teens. Anyway, some grow up and straighten up and some don't... but you certainly don't have to wait for that day. You can and will be a better parent on your own than he ever would have been and your son will be a better person for seeing how strong you are. I am as tough and determined as I am because I was raised by a mom that taught me how to take care of myself no matter what life threw at me. I know that it's possible to do anything I put my mind to and succeed no matter what. My mom taught me that and showed me that by always fighting for a better life for me.

I honestly think I had a better life with just my mom than I would have with both parents around.

side note: Now I'm not saying everyone should go be a single mom, it was HARD for my mother. She sacrificed a whole lot for me and worked her ass off. I think it would have been wonderful to grow up with a happy mom and dad but that's just not what was in the cards for me. I think we all have to do the best with what we have.

Killer
07-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Good, and I hope you get every penny of it.

I've been there, my parents were divorced when I was young and my dad was off in his own world doing nothing for us. My mom sued him and won, of course. Luckily, he grew up eventually and realized what a mistake he had made and ended up helping me out with a LOT of stuff in my teens. Anyway, some grow up and straighten up and some don't... but you certainly don't have to wait for that day. You can and will be a better parent on your own than he ever would have been and your son will be a better person for seeing how strong you are. I am as tough and determined as I am because I was raised by a mom that taught me how to take care of myself no matter what life threw at me. I know that it's possible to do anything I put my mind to and succeed no matter what. My mom taught me that and showed me that by always fighting for a better life for me.

I honestly think I had a better life with just my mom than I would have with both parents around.

side note: Now I'm not saying everyone should go be a single mom, it was HARD for my mother. She sacrificed a whole lot for me and worked her ass off. I think it would have been wonderful to grow up with a happy mom and dad but that's just not what was in the cards for me. I think we all have to do the best with what we have.

^^ truth!!

The Ninja
07-24-2008, 05:44 PM
Is that you in ur avatar/sig? If so... amazing you were able to have a recognizable lower half after squeezing ~8lbs. of flesh through your hole....

Congrats on... umm... getting through everything. Takes a helluva woman to put up with that ****. Means you gotta be man enough for the both of you.

And your tat is sick.

Ruiner
07-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Congrats, Tiff. I hope that you can collect off of him, though. I have a feeling he will refuse the court's order, though. Good luck and keep your head up! :)

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-25-2008, 08:19 AM
Thanks so much everyone!

I can't remember every post right now, but yes, Max does know his paternal grandmother... She keeps him once a week. She will always take up for her son because it is her son; however, she is fully aware of how I feel about the situation. She also knows that with what I've been through, if Maximus EVER does this to a girl, I will not bail him out, I will not support him in his freakshow decisions and I will not get him an attorney.

I know it seems like I'm kind of money hungry (which IMO, I have every right to be) but I'm really not, I don't want a penny nor do I need anything from his sorry a$$. I just want all this over and done with and him out of mine and Max's lives.

JennB - I hate that you suffered through that as a child, but like you said, it made you determined and strong and I give you major props for that!

d-ninja - Thanks. Yes, that's me in the pics and that is my tat. I'm even smaller now than in that picture and I'm definitely proud of the body I have now (Even though I would like bigger Boobs, lol!)

Ruiner - Thanks so much. He probably will not do what the court orders which is fine, he will sit in jail each time he doesn't pay.

Reaper
07-25-2008, 08:35 AM
^^your a badass haha

Stormhammer
07-25-2008, 08:47 AM
lol

good thing you left him

why? He's a dumbass.

Maximus is such an awesome name - always thought so, always will

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-25-2008, 08:49 AM
lol

good thing you left him

why? He's a dumbass.

Maximus is such an awesome name - always thought so, always will

thanks, lol.

AznTraitor
07-25-2008, 08:54 AM
tiff, long time no talk....but sucks you had to endure all of this, but you've stayed strong and stood your ground so kudos to that....in the end, everyone will get what's coming to them!

don't worry too much about this, even though it's a headache, it's going to work itself out.

NevrNufTorq
07-25-2008, 09:03 AM
jaime's in here!!! he'll post you up some good advice! :goodjob: :D

Reaper
07-25-2008, 09:05 AM

yeah he always does:cheers:

Jaimecbr900
07-25-2008, 10:15 AM

:D :goodjob:

Tiff knows exactly how I feel about her situation, don't you Tiff? ;)

I will say one thing:

A Father is NOT a Father by seed, but by deed. ;)

In today's society, even with tougher laws and enforcement, there are far too many "men" who simply walk away from their children who are truly the only innocent(s) in the whole situation. When I did some extensive volunteer work with the Juvenile court system, most of the things that I saw there made me go....:eek: :thinking: . Even when you had beaten, battered, and neglected children whom were being taken care of extremely well by foster parents.....they still longed and even begged for their "parent(s)" to get them back. It breaks your heart to see these kids who only know neglect to still have a primal urge to have their blood parents back.

What's even sadder is that even wild animals with brains the size of golf balls take care of their own better than us "smart" humans.....:rolleyes:

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-25-2008, 11:40 AM

I will say one thing:

In today's society, even with tougher laws and enforcement, there are far too many "men" who simply walk away from their children who are truly the only innocent(s) in the whole situation. When I did some extensive volunteer work with the Juvenile court system, most of the things that I saw there made me go....:eek: :thinking: . Even when you had beaten, battered, and neglected children whom were being taken care of extremely well by foster parents.....they still longed and even begged for their "parent(s)" to get them back. It breaks your heart to see these kids who only know neglect to still have a primal urge to have their blood parents back.

What's even sadder is that even wild animals with brains the size of golf balls take care of their own better than us "smart" humans.....:rolleyes:

I do know how you feel and if it wasn't for your encouragement, I probably would have never done a thing. I wasn't suffering and I probably never will ( I have an awesome support system!!! ), but you can only take so much from one person before you explode. Anywho, thanks for your input Jaime, it means a lot to me! Can't wait to see you and Walker Sunday!!!:bump:

Dr.G35
07-25-2008, 11:54 AM
nice taking up for yourself. reps i hate dead beat dads. there in the same category with child rapists to me. but thats just me :yes:

IndianStig
07-25-2008, 12:11 PM
is he part of that dead beat dad/scum of the world group we see on cops all the time, lol?

more power to you, he's gettin what he deserves, *******.

NevrNufTorq
07-25-2008, 01:24 PM

I will say one thing:

told ya you'd have something useful, thought provoking, and intriguing to say!!! :goodjob: :D :yes: see ya round bro!!!

Jaimecbr900
07-25-2008, 01:30 PM
Can't wait to see you and Walker Sunday!!!:bump:

Word! Walker coming too? :goodjob:

SOHC MONSTER
07-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Congrats girl. My best friends sister went through the same thing. she got prego and the dude dipped out. He got engaged, then married and never saw the kid once. She gave him the opportunity to step up and be a man, he refused. She took his azz to court and got 15k in back child support and like 1k per month. He is really screwed.... New wifey and no money! I think its hillarious!

civic95
07-26-2008, 06:44 AM
This guy is a real POS! It's not a pet, it's a baby.

OTG Signs
07-26-2008, 06:51 AM
Sounds like a ****ty situation to be in, but it's great you might end up with $960/mo. You can more than make do with that.

I hope your signature is not a picture of you.

blazin'
07-26-2008, 08:34 AM
all I can say is....milk it for alllll its worth!! he'll realize one day he ****ed up...but by then it wont be you who he will have to make things right with...itll be his son! and that will be the hardest thing he will ever have to do!

Exactly...I sincerely hope you get everything you can out of his sorry as$.

NevrNufTorq
07-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Sounds like a ****ty situation to be in, but it's great you might end up with $960/mo. You can more than make do with that.

I hope your signature is not a picture of you.

just a quote about her son...whats wrong with it :???: guess you dont like tatoos

to each his own though :goodjob: :D