PDA

View Full Version : How do you get condesation (sp) out of your headlights?

B16a2 Civic
08-26-2005, 09:13 AM
well....
when i was fixing one of my ground wires for the halo's, the lil cap thing behind the light came loose and some water got in it, and now i have condesation everyday in that headlight...how did you or how would you get this out?

Thanks for da help

B16a2 Civic
08-26-2005, 10:00 AM
bump, anyone

Kevykev
08-26-2005, 10:01 AM
Unless you have a vacuum attachment that is slim enough the suction the water out you will have to leave it up to evaporation.

Try to located the primary source of the leakage.
Get some clear silicone sealant and get to work DUN!

Kevykev
08-26-2005, 10:01 AM
bump, anyone

Damn son, you posted that while i was typing.

B16a2 Civic
08-26-2005, 10:04 AM
Unless you have a vacuum attachment that is slim enough the suction the water out you will have to leave it up to evaporation.

Try to located the primary source of the leakage.
Get some clear silicone sealant and get to work DUN!

oh i found teh source and i sealed it tight, its just i have water stuck in there....and its trying to evaporate...its been evaporating for like 5 days Lol....im tryna get it all out before this show 2morrow

B16a2 Civic
08-26-2005, 10:05 AM
Damn son, you posted that while i was typing.

i knew Kevy Kev would be here to help a fellow dun out...+1

Kevykev
08-26-2005, 10:16 AM
No Doubt Dun!

since you need it out asap, open the cap, get something in there that would absorb the condensation, then re-seal.

ash7
08-26-2005, 11:51 AM
normally, you just take out your headlight bulb and leave it open during the day. This usually works great (especially on hot days)... BUT since you're in a big hurry, get a vacuum cleaner (the kind with a hose on it) and duck tape a straw to the nozzle. poke it down in the housing and it'll suck that shit out like Monica Lewinsky.

Danny
08-26-2005, 03:16 PM
In the past, i have taken the bulbs out. Flushed the inside with rubbing alchol, the set it in the sun for short period of time. But thats if the headlights are out. And it cleans them too ;) other wise, just take bulbs out pull the car in the sun for a day.

speedminded
08-26-2005, 04:57 PM
pull the headlight, remove the bulb, set it on a sheet of aluminum foil, and put it in the oven for a few minutes...just at 150 degrees or so. (Let it cool completely before taking it back outside.)

rolling_trip
08-26-2005, 05:21 PM
pull the headlight, remove the bulb, set it on a sheet of aluminum foil, and put it in the oven for a few minutes...just at 150 degrees or so. (Let it cool completely before taking it back outside.)

easiest way

mp5o
08-26-2005, 06:12 PM
Put that sona bitch in the oven... Rip it apart... Clean it... Heat it back up... Seal it. Put it back. PM me if you want more detail...

ash7
08-26-2005, 06:39 PM
Put that sona bitch in the oven... Rip it apart... Clean it... Heat it back up... Seal it. Put it back. PM me if you want more detail...
...dude, all he wants is to get the water out... not retrofit projectors or anything like that.

speedminded
08-28-2005, 06:02 PM
...dude, all he wants is to get the water out... not retrofit projectors or anything like that.lol, exactly...not much humidity in an oven so you don't have to pull them apart...just heat them enough to evaporate the condensation.

djmaddmartin
08-28-2005, 06:43 PM
Take out the bulb in the head light and use a blow dryer to blow hot air into the headlight until dry. then leave the bulb out of the socket overnight just to make sure. Worked for me on my halo's after I had to repair the same problem.

mp5o
08-28-2005, 07:07 PM
lol, exactly...not much humidity in an oven so you don't have to pull them apart...just heat them enough to evaporate the condensation.

Sorry, condensation usually causes a yellow fog that wont go away. An easy way to clean the inside of the head light thoroughly(SP?) is to just open em up.

djmaddmartin
08-28-2005, 07:13 PM
It hasn't been that long. If its been this way for a long time and gotten yellow yes. But if not no. Opening is not nessiary.