PDA

View Full Version : So this is what I been working on this whole summer.

bigdare23
07-23-2008, 01:08 PM
And it was pain in the ass to model.

mocha latte cupcake
07-23-2008, 01:11 PM
OH CHIT! the CRX GOT F1'd!

bigdare23
07-23-2008, 01:11 PM
i see no pix :ninja:

up now

bigdare23
07-23-2008, 01:16 PM
more

bigdare23
07-23-2008, 01:17 PM
more...

bigdare23
07-23-2008, 01:23 PM
I'll end with this.

My CAD course has been a pain in my ass, and now I got about a 50 page paper to write due friday describing how I modeled the Formula 1 car. In addition I have a 20 page lab report due tomorrow at midnight :2up:

I really need some sleep, because I slept a total of about 6 hours the past 3 days. :eek:

*this isn't a finished product*

Revmaynard
07-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Damn son! I know that takes some work! My high school had a CAD machine I used a few times. Good job!

Papa_Smurf
07-23-2008, 06:01 PM
dammn darryl, so this is wut u were talking bout.

you better get an A in that class, for real.

EvasiveEF9
07-23-2008, 07:43 PM
I've seen the wing on that red car on ALOT of cars in atlanta!

cwhiteboy
07-24-2008, 12:41 AM

:lmfao: repped

edit - You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to EvasiveEF9 again.

ps. - what cad software is that D?

rbwdriven
07-24-2008, 06:21 AM
looks almost like a solidedge background on the bee.

I'm using Solid Edge where I work, full blown 3d modeling. It is the wave of the future. I remember graduating from college being told you might be doing designs on computer. First Engineering job I did most of the designs by hand on paper. Half way through that job, there was a sudden push to be on computer and it has been that way since. Learn as much cad software as you can. There are plenty of packages out there. If you learn some of the better ones, the pay is better.

00CelicaGT
07-24-2008, 08:56 AM
FUCCK THAT I WOULD HAVE TAKEN THE EASYWAY OUT AND DID SOMETHING SIMPLE LIKE A BOX LOL. DAMN DARRYL I SEE WHY U ARE ALWAYS WORKING ON SCHOOL WORK.

THE PIC W/ PISTONS AND CRANKSHAFT LOOK THE BEST.

bigdare23
07-24-2008, 09:31 AM
:lmfao: repped

edit - You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to EvasiveEF9 again.

ps. - what cad software is that D?

BS software LOL

Naw I had to use UGS NX 4 for this class and its sucks!!!

bigdare23
07-24-2008, 09:47 AM
looks almost like a solidedge background on the bee.

I'm using Solid Edge where I work, full blown 3d modeling. It is the wave of the future. I remember graduating from college being told you might be doing designs on computer. First Engineering job I did most of the designs by hand on paper. Half way through that job, there was a sudden push to be on computer and it has been that way since. Learn as much cad software as you can. There are plenty of packages out there. If you learn some of the better ones, the pay is better.

Well, I used Matlab, SolidEdge, SolidWorks, and NX so far. I wouldn't say I'm great in any of them yet. At tech you rarely get to touch CAD software except if you are doing outside work. There are only 2 classes that you have to use the software in (1 being a elective), so it's kinda hard to get experience.

rbwdriven
07-24-2008, 11:14 AM
get as much experience as you can. Trust me on that one. The more cad programs you know the easier it is to get a job.

I know Cadkey, Autocad, inventor, solidedge, solidworks, unigraphics. The one I want to learn is Pro-E but I can not get hired anywhere they want experience coming in the door since they pay a high rate. $50-$100 an hour to run it.

southside
07-24-2008, 12:14 PM
I did autocad back in like middle school.Just little stuff like creating a aerodynamic car.And I remember that was hard enough

bigdare23
07-24-2008, 01:44 PM
get as much experience as you can. Trust me on that one. The more cad programs you know the easier it is to get a job.

I know Cadkey, Autocad, inventor, solidedge, solidworks, unigraphics. The one I want to learn is Pro-E but I can not get hired anywhere they want experience coming in the door since they pay a high rate. $50-$100 an hour to run it.

(I forgot Autocad, I worked with that also)

Yeah, I know the money is there. I see flyers posted everywhere in our building begging for students to do CAD. I dont think I have the eyes for this type of work tho LOL. I been going to sleep with a headache daily LOL.

Well, before I leave Tech, I'm going to install every FREE CAD I can get. And I may play with it every once in a while. I may even build a EF one of these days :ninja:

StraightSix
07-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Nice models D!

Pro-E is supposed to be pretty powerful. Much better, from what I've been told, than SolidEdge.

My Engineering Graphics class at Clemson exposed us to SolidEdge, but they switched last year to SolidWorks.

I despise MatLab with nearly every fiber of my being.

bigdare23
07-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Nice models D!

Pro-E is supposed to be pretty powerful. Much better, from what I've been told, than SolidEdge.

My Engineering Graphics class at Clemson exposed us to SolidEdge, but they switched last year to SolidWorks.

I despise MatLab with nearly every fiber of my being.

Matlab is the devil

bigdare23
07-24-2008, 03:52 PM
just some more work

*I know the intake manifold and tranny looks like trash, but I ran out of time*

bigdare23
07-24-2008, 03:53 PM
now this is a badass view

bigdare23
07-24-2008, 03:56 PM
I would post up some gifs but they are too large.

JDMJAYDC2
07-24-2008, 07:44 PM

wtf?? where did you come from:thinking:

cwhiteboy
07-24-2008, 09:34 PM
Looks good man. I only used Solidworks a couple times in my cad class. I really only mess with the architectural programs, although I would love to take a couple mechanical classes. They get to model a lot of cool stuff.

rbwdriven
07-25-2008, 06:28 AM
headaches are a commong thing for me lately. learn to walk in and out of a building with sunglass on during the day. That has helped my eyes and headaches. I have some really good pills for migranes since I get them. I've learned get the best monitor and video card you can afford. Plus use a lamp instead of overhead lights.

I pretty much sit infront of a 24 flat screen all day long designing. Right now I'm figuring out a new mount for our laser machine. I'm having to move the detector 1mm at a time. It has that much resolution.

toonz
07-25-2008, 07:07 AM
"pop up" wassup D..... nice..... bye bye GONE!

Truegiant
07-25-2008, 10:45 AM
Never been big into 3D modeling. I have used solidworks, solidedge, microstation, several versions of CAD and Terramodel. I thought I was going to be drafting and designing for the rest of my life until I joined the ARMY. Have not looked back since. Glad to know someone still is inspired by the marvels of drafting!
OH and matlab is dumb!

EvasiveEF9
07-25-2008, 11:04 PM
wtf?? where did you come from:thinking:
I've been sleeping in your engine bay. Did you REALLY think your car was that "fast" all on it's own? :goodjob:

EvasiveEF9
07-25-2008, 11:05 PM
Dare, man, seriously...looks great. Wish I could rep you, but...a "props" from me is worth more than reps, I'd think...

sakasaku
07-26-2008, 08:42 AM
I've been sleeping in your engine bay. Did you REALLY think your car was that "fast" all on it's own? :goodjob:

fred flinston powered!!! FTMFW

gijeff1805
07-26-2008, 01:32 PM
i use autocad, pro e and solidworks...

I use Pro E and autocad most but I have a 3d scanner for work and solidworks works well with that