PDA

View Full Version : Got a question!!!!!!

jew_boy
07-22-2008, 10:38 PM
ok here is the problem i got 4 wires. white (ignition), black (ground), red (power for light), and green. now i know green is the main wire. im planning to put it in my truck. but i dont know where to put the green wire in my s10.

the truck is a 91 S10 2.8 5 spd. the tach is a Equus pro tach. it would help more if you have pics with it but someone help me so i can finish this

thank you in advance

Kaiser
07-22-2008, 11:20 PM
ok here is the problem i got 4 wires. white (ignition), black (ground), red (power for light), and green. now i know green is the main wire. im planning to put it in my truck. but i dont know where to put the green wire in my s10.

the truck is a 91 S10 2.8 5 spd. the tach is a Equus pro tach. it would help more if you have pics with it but someone help me so i can finish this

thank you in advance

Ok, do you have access to the back of the key cylinder and/or the ignition switch? The easiest way to tap into the main (green) line is right there, at least for the dashboard. The red light can go anywhere you have lights when the truck's on. The black just needs to get to a good earth, the only one I don't know for certain is the white wire, it should go to the distributor coil and attach to one of the wires where power is tied in there. We're not talking about the big spark-carrying suppression line wire, one of the smaller regular wires. Hard to explain really, try to google "how to install tachometer" and maybe that'll make more sense.

slostang
07-22-2008, 11:25 PM
if your cigeratte lighter turns on and off with your key just tap into its power wire. :goodjob:

I did my Sirius radio like that.

Kaiser
07-22-2008, 11:38 PM
if your cigeratte lighter turns on and off with your key just tap into its power wire. :goodjob:

I did my Sirius radio like that.

Will that work for main wire or just the red power wire? I've never tried that but might be how I re-wire my radio in the Z, lol.

slostang
07-22-2008, 11:42 PM
Will that work for main wire or just the red power wire? I've never tried that but might be how I re-wire my radio in the Z, lol.

I have an aftermarket power supply made for the Sirius that is made to tap into the pos and ground on the ignition, but I ran the pos to the hot wire going into the cig lighter and the ground coming off the lighter.