PDA

View Full Version : Si Trouble! Please help!

CraigMW
07-22-2008, 09:33 PM
I recently got a valve adjustment and ever since my car has acted like it dont wanna idle like it used to and when it is idling... it idles real low and the oil light starts flashing! Can anyone give me an idea of what i can do to fix this? Other than that it runs good and strong and when i am driving the oil light is off! Thanks alot ppl! :goodjob:

BTEC
07-22-2008, 09:42 PM
get ur valves readjusted by somebody who knows what they r doing. sounds like they are too tight which keeps ur valves open which would make ur car idle like it has big cams (severe overlap).

paypal me 50 big ones for tech support. lol.

BTEC
07-22-2008, 09:44 PM
oil light comes on bc idle is too low for pump to make sufficient oil pressure.

CraigMW
07-22-2008, 09:57 PM
ok! thanks alot! I tried calling the people who did it but they never returnd my call!

BTEC
07-22-2008, 10:48 PM
no problem. its a little drive but take ur car to mainstream. they stand behind their work and are cool as hell. once u go, u wont want to leave if u like car sh!t.

besides, they know i dnt allow ne half a$$ work to be done without answering to me anyway. good luck.

boosted91rex
07-23-2008, 11:31 PM
get ur valves readjusted by somebody who knows what they r doing. sounds like they are too tight which keeps ur valves open which would make ur car idle like it has big cams (severe overlap).

x2 same happened to my gsr hatch

CraigMW
07-24-2008, 07:47 PM
thanks alot again guys! i am taking my car back to the ppl who did it originally... i let them know i wasnt happy and they told me to just bring it by! I do wanna go to mainstream one day! i have heard nothing but good things about them! Yall take it easy and be safe! Thanks!!

CraigMW
07-24-2008, 07:48 PM
Will i be able to tell a difference in performance once my valves are the way they are supposed to be? just wondering!

AnthonyF
07-25-2008, 08:01 AM
^You might not be able to "feel" it but if your valves were slapping loudly they werent opening up all the way. So, you will have a slight power increase due to the valves actually opening up all the way. If it is completely stock, you will be looking at the OEM stock HP numbers. Where as before you were prob making a little less.

Let us know if they fix the problem, it could be you just need to raise you idle up. :goodjob:

-Ant.

CraigMW
07-25-2008, 12:29 PM
ok cool! ill let yall know as soon as i get it back! I was gonna take it this am cause i was off but forgot nobody else was lol... i wouldnt have had a ride back home! Maybe first thing monday am if i can get someone to take me to work!