PDA

View Full Version : KSU FTL

Ran
07-22-2008, 11:02 AM
Lost my transcripts, cancelled my previous application, lost my SAT/ACT scores, lost my regents test scores, and now they're going to take six weeks to "review" my new application. I've done this sh*t three times with them now and it's been one f*ck up after another.

Looks like I don't get to start school back up until spring. Yay. Anyone else have this much trouble with the idiots there?

DJ Maestro
07-22-2008, 11:20 AM
Should have gone to GSU perhaps? :thinking:

thecrazyone
07-22-2008, 11:21 AM
wow, i have had almost the same problem with gwinnett tech, i've been trying to get things straighted out all morning.

they just dont understand that fact that i failed 5 classes because i got shot and had open heart surgery 2 weeks into my first year, ever since then my gpa is not very pretty.
im trying to get them to drop all those classes, and grades, and let me start over.

Ran
07-22-2008, 11:21 AM
Should have gone to GSU perhaps? :thinking:To far of a drive for me and I don't think I have the GPA for it.

DJ Maestro
07-22-2008, 11:23 AM
GPA is wayyyyyy over-rated. :goodjob:

Ran
07-22-2008, 11:25 AM
GPA is wayyyyyy over-rated. :goodjob:Perhaps, but even without that part it's still too far for me to drive.

DJ Maestro
07-22-2008, 11:26 AM
Extreme distances for higher education are wayyyyy over-rated. :goodjob:

Ran
07-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Extreme distances for higher education are wayyyyy over-rated. :goodjob:Okay. I'm still not going to GSU nor do I want to.

DJ Maestro
07-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Okay. I'm still not going to GSU nor do I want to.

"Not wanting to go somewhere is no reason not to go somewhere."

-Yogi Berra (sort of)

Ran
07-22-2008, 11:39 AM
"Not wanting to go somewhere is no reason not to go somewhere."

-Yogi Berra (sort of)Yogi Berra is an idiot. If I don't want to go somewhere then it's a pretty good reason for me not to go there. lol

DJ Maestro
07-22-2008, 11:41 AM
Well, go to KSU then, at least there is an abundance of T&A there. :D

Hulud
07-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Lost my transcripts, cancelled my previous application, lost my SAT/ACT scores, lost my regents test scores, and now they're going to take six weeks to "review" my new application. I've done this sh*t three times with them now and it's been one f*ck up after another.

Looks like I don't get to start school back up until spring. Yay. Anyone else have this much trouble with the idiots there?
yes they are the most worthless people on the planet

i couldnt take summer courses because of those f*cking idiots

Stormhammer
07-22-2008, 11:57 AM
what about Highlands? they have a campus @ SPSU

ShooterMcGavin
07-22-2008, 03:36 PM
To far of a drive for me and I don't think I have the GPA for it.
wtf? don't have gpa for gsu? what kinda moron are you? :P

AirMax95
07-22-2008, 03:48 PM
GPA is wayyyyyy over-rated. :goodjob:

You are correct! I am going to enroll in GA Tech for my Masters.....Work experience, letters of rec., and a damn good interest letter!

brandenj
07-22-2008, 03:51 PM
i go to ksu, i lucky got my transcript in early and i got excepted in like a month or less but my gf got her transcript loss by ksu as well and had to ***** them out but we've been there for 2 years now and love it, its mainly b/c ksu is trying to go paperless and they suck balls at it...haha...gl man

LeX
07-22-2008, 03:57 PM
I don't know a single smart girl that goes to KSU, but there are some nice ladies there lol. I think they're racist, let's have an uprising on the white chicks

Ran
07-22-2008, 04:05 PM
wtf? don't have gpa for gsu? what kinda moron are you? :PThat was an assumption. My terrible study habits have kept my GPA at a steady 2.7-2.9. What does GSU require? 3.0?

ShooterMcGavin
07-22-2008, 04:23 PM
That was an assumption. My terrible study habits have kept my GPA at a steady 2.7-2.9. What does GSU require? 3.0?
doubtful, esp for in state...

JConner
07-22-2008, 04:24 PM
that sucks! I will be transferring there in the fall. The only issue I had with them is that when i checked my application status it said "ineligible due to standards" and I knew that could not be right. So I called them and they had miscalculated my GPA!!!!!! I have a 2.8 at my current school and they miscalculated it as a 1.9.

The Ninja
07-22-2008, 04:33 PM
GSU FTMFW! (State that is)

Lucky DAWG
07-22-2008, 06:07 PM
That was an assumption. My terrible study habits have kept my GPA at a steady 2.7-2.9. What does GSU require? 3.0?

Don't go to GSU.

If i were you i would wait it out a semester even to go to KSU.

I've had friends who went to GA State, they ended up leeching off of Tech social life because GA State has a ton of older people taking classes, spread out campus and hardly and social/rec groups for students.

Vayda
07-22-2008, 08:51 PM
totally agree about the dip****s working at ksu, they can't get anything done.

But in other news, you're going to KSU, ran? I do too. We should hang.

csmiths
07-22-2008, 09:00 PM
yes the ppl at ksu suck balls, that is all that there is needed to say.

Lucky DAWG
07-22-2008, 09:29 PM
totally agree about the dip****s working at ksu, they can't get anything done.

But in other news, you're going to KSU, ran? I do too. We should hang.

Hey do you live in the Greater Atlanta area?

we should totally chill

Blitanicle99
07-23-2008, 12:48 AM
Hey do you live in the Greater Atlanta area?

we should totally chill

Wanna bro out? You know play some game cube or something? Oh, is it cool if I take my pants off while I play? Its just what I do. :D

Oh and I was supposed to be at KSU, but due to the idiots there I am a transiet student, not a transfer student thus my GPA wont be improved this year...:2up:

So Ill be at highlands @ Southern Polly.

Yay for me?

IndianStig
07-23-2008, 02:01 AM
Don't go to GSU.

I've had friends who went to GA State, they ended up leeching off of Tech social life because GA State has a ton of older people taking classes, spread out campus and hardly and social/rec groups for students.

hmm....your friends don't know where the fu.ck to hang out at. GA State is the ****. plain and simple.

Lucky DAWG
07-23-2008, 02:07 AM
Wanna bro out? You know play some game cube or something? Oh, is it cool if I take my pants off while I play? Its just what I do. :D

Oh and I was supposed to be at KSU, but due to the idiots there I am a transiet student, not a transfer student thus my GPA wont be improved this year...:2up:

So Ill be at highlands @ Southern Polly.

Yay for me?

haha +1 for being an ******* like me

Lucky DAWG
07-23-2008, 02:08 AM
hmm....your friends don't know where the fu.ck to hang out at. GA State is the ****. plain and simple.

i will give you this, they weren't the most rad guys ever, but when 8/8 of them will agree i have to think...

Ran
07-23-2008, 08:31 AM
But in other news, you're going to KSU, ran? I do too. We should hang.Well, due to this mess I won't be going to KSU until next spring. Gonna try and CLEP some classes at GPC in the meantime. I live like 15 mins away from KSU though so if you ever wanna hang out, just let me know. :goodjob:

IndianStig
07-23-2008, 09:51 AM
i will give you this, they weren't the most rad guys ever, but when 8/8 of them will agree i have to think...

Basically at GA State. You either involove yourself and you are in the center of the campus and know someone wherever you go, you sit like a wall flower in your dorm and smoke weed, do hmwk and go out to a bar/club every weekend and complain about how crappy life is at State (kids who shoulda gone somewhere else cause they are just average, put bluntly), you are black (they have the most normal college experience I would say), or you commute.

Oh yah, and you could just be a lamefu*k.

Lizbiz101
07-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Clayton State screwed me up like that. I feel your pain. They are the reason I'm still in school, I should have been out by now.

The Ninja
07-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Don't go to GSU.

The biggest load of **** I've ever heard. Ga STATE leeching off of TECh's social life????!?!?!?!!

Tech has no social life...

GA state has a ridiculous amount of females. GA State's social life >>>>>> KSU + Ga Tech's. You've got to be ****tin me. You don't know wtf you're talking about so I'd advise that you stfu. LOL!

IndianStig
07-23-2008, 10:09 AM
d-ninja whatsup man? your phone not workin the past few weeks?

you have FB message sometime this week. look for it

Ran
07-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Tech has no social life...x2

I had a buddy that was going to Tech and he bailed after a year because he had no social life what-so-ever due to projects, homework, and other things. He loves it at GSU.

IndianStig
07-23-2008, 10:15 AM
x2

I had a buddy that was going to Tech and he bailed after a year because he had no social life what-so-ever due to projects, homework, and other things. He loves it at GSU.

I have experienced tech social life via hanging out with friends at tech before and lemme tell you. It's some of the best shiit you'll ever smoke. LOL

tech throws some badass brown club parties though, just make sure you bring your main biitch cause its hard to find a biitch there

Jecht
07-23-2008, 10:59 AM
Only two more years until I'm done with this school. lol

ShooterMcGavin
07-23-2008, 12:47 PM
Oh yah, and you could just be a lamefu*k.
he just doesn't believe that any other school measures up to ugay.

IMPORTchic
07-23-2008, 12:56 PM
Georgia Highlands! FTW....lol OR not! I have heard horrible things about KSUs admissions dept and such....but yet again highlands is giving me hell too! I think all schools slack in that dept! Imagine having that job! lol

KSU is an awesome school! Thats is where I am going once I get my associates at GH!

Ran
07-23-2008, 12:58 PM
Georgia Highlands! FTW....lol OR not! I have heard horrible things about KSUs admissions dept and such....but yet again highlands is giving me hell too! I think all schools slack in that dept! Imagine having that job! lol

KSU is an awesome school! Thats is where I am going once I get my associates at GH!I hear that KSU is great once you actually get in. It's just a PITA to get admitted. lol

98strat
07-23-2008, 01:04 PM
I'll see you up there in the spring then ran. I just transferred up there for this fall. Im glad i didn't have the problems you are having. Good Luck.

Lucky DAWG
07-23-2008, 02:41 PM
The biggest load of **** I've ever heard. Ga STATE leeching off of TECh's social life????!?!?!?!!

Tech has no social life...

GA state has a ridiculous amount of females. GA State's social life >>>>>> KSU + Ga Tech's. You've got to be ****tin me. You don't know wtf you're talking about so I'd advise that you stfu. LOL!

been to state parties, fair amount of wierdo's

I'm a Georgia fan and i will say that i enjoyed Tech better

The Ninja
07-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Lewl @ Tech.

iStig(yea I just came up with a trendy nickname for you, thank me later): Actually my phone has been actin up, but hit up on Facebook or something. You sure you're dialin/txtin the right number? I've been bored out my mind out here in Kennesaw/Acworth area, I need me a nice lil party to go to. I've still got your number, I'll shoot you a text sometime later this week.

Never said Tech didn't have some good ****, but in the end GA State >> Tech.

Lucky DAWG
07-23-2008, 10:58 PM
Lewl @ Tech.

iStig(yea I just came up with a trendy nickname for you, thank me later): Actually my phone has been actin up, but hit up on Facebook or something. You sure you're dialin/txtin the right number? I've been bored out my mind out here in Kennesaw/Acworth area, I need me a nice lil party to go to. I've still got your number, I'll shoot you a text sometime later this week.

Never said Tech didn't have some good ****, but in the end GA State >> Tech.

didn't say i liked tech, just that i liked it better then state.

Like i said though, that was my experience with one or two groups of people. Your experience could be totally different, i'm just stating mine

Kaiser
07-23-2008, 11:12 PM
I hear that KSU is great once you actually get in. It's just a PITA to get admitted. lol

KSU is one of the fastest growing schools in the country, we've got a fixed-funding lock due to a decision made YEARS ago that tried to get the school more funding based on their population at the time but essentially locked them out if they grew more. Nobody expected KSU to be anything but a sorta rinky-dink pinewoods college, now I tell people I go to KSU and people in goddamn Iowa know where I'm talking about (Because we apparently beat their Basketball team at some point. :screwy:).

They can't change requirements to get in because of the same agreement for funding, and essentially got screwed on it. If they change their requirements they lose all the funding they have tied to that agreement. Because of that they are literally bombarded by every kid in the state of georgia with a high enough GPA to think he can try and get Hope, and hundreds more kids who know they won't get into Tech or UGA and don't know that there are plenty of other wonderful schools in the state if you want to study something besides undergrad business or any of our wonderful (Maybe I'm biased?) history or education courses. Anyways, it took me LITERALLY a year and a half to get into KSU (Fall, Spring, Summer, Fall) at Georgia Perimeter, applying for KSU every time, before I got accepted even though every time I had all my paperwork in on time and met all the requirements according to what they told me. It's a wonderful school, nice community, beautiful campus (Most of it anyways, between the student center and the library and past the new University College building towards the Social Science building and then off towards the new Bailey Performing Arts center is really nice, especially in about september or april, where everything is either a beautiful kind of orangy-yellow or bright lush green.) Anyways, if you live so close to KSU, do you ever creep out to any of the parking-lot-meets around Kennesaw/Town Center? There's some crap there, but there's always chaff in the wheat, heh.

Ran
07-24-2008, 09:09 AM
Anyways, if you live so close to KSU, do you ever creep out to any of the parking-lot-meets around Kennesaw/Town Center? There's some crap there, but there's always chaff in the wheat, heh.Thanks for the info Kaiser. I wasn't aware of KSU's growth rate. Anyway, I used to go the meets and stuff around Kennesaw and Town Center but quit a while back when it became primarily rednecks in trucks and retards in ricer Accords.

PhatbacK
07-24-2008, 10:18 AM
dude I did a year at KSU and hated it! go somewhere else! im applying at North Metro