PDA

View Full Version : oh wtf now!

frostbyte
07-21-2008, 12:18 PM
oh wtf now?!
crap first my car wants to shut off everytime i press the clutch in, and now it feels like im drivin on a large gravel road...
ok so car was jus cuttin off wen clutch was pressed so i checked all vacumes on my 89 accord, all were good. so then i changed all fuel filters (thinking maybe clogged filter is causeing it), no change. so i swap pumps, still no change. so i start lookin for a weber carb for my lil hell raiser and waiting for ups truck today to bring the one i bought off a guy on 3geez.com. well as i sit here waitin i realize im out of smokes so head to store and holy chiznit its runnin perfect.. wow i think so reverse out of store and put her in 1st ease off the clutch and wtf it feels like im on a dirt rd. get out look around an nothin so proceed and damn 1st, and 2nd feel like im on a bad dirt rd, shift to 3rd and smmoth again... grrrrr wtf? any ideas

DecoyOctopus
07-21-2008, 12:36 PM
injectors maybe?

DecoyOctopus
07-21-2008, 12:41 PM
maybe a couple of the cylinders arent getting spark. check your igniton coil, cap, distributor, spark plug wires and the plugs themselves.

frostbyte
07-21-2008, 12:44 PM
yeah ima check the plugs in a few minutes...
but its carburated so no injectors... would plugs cause it to shake like im doin 6omph over a chit load of 2x4's (wood)?

DecoyOctopus
07-21-2008, 12:47 PM
oh you said 89 i thought you said 98. but yea plugs will do that. if it gets a dead cylinder the motor becomes off balance and begins to shake like hell and looses alot of power.

Sammich
07-21-2008, 12:48 PM
your thread hurts my brain

slostang
07-21-2008, 12:48 PM
still want that d swap?

frostbyte
07-21-2008, 01:01 PM
yeah do want it but my money tree aint growin fast enough to buy it yet...
when i get the money and if you still got it ill def take it off your hands...

frostbyte
07-21-2008, 01:03 PM
lol damn i gotta strong set of threads if its hurtin thet mellon.. lol jk..

RWD164
07-21-2008, 04:36 PM
I would guess it is your clutch disc/pressure plate coming apart. If the rivets are damaged on your clutch disc, they would cause a serious vibration. Or there is play on a gear shaft in the transmission. My guess that the vibration is caused by something in the drivetrain rather than a spark problem. Did the shaking start all of a sudden?

AnthonyF
07-21-2008, 04:50 PM
I partially agree with RWD164.

Could be your clutch going out and it has the symptoms of a bad carb. So, since you already bought the carb, install and see if it does the same thing. If so, prob could be your clutch.

-Ant.

frostbyte
07-21-2008, 06:13 PM
hell yeah started today but wats wierd is the whole cuttin off and spudderin quit wen this started... funny really ill be ill as chit if the clutch was all thats wrong... dont know how clutch would cause it to shut off but hey i got a new perfect carb anyways shes peerrrrttttyyyyy lol ill put it on and buy a clutch this weekend either way i guess i nee cv axels too i think they started poppin wen all the vibrations started...