PDA

View Full Version : 24 Hours of Lemons

Big Baller
07-20-2008, 02:39 PM
For those of you that are into that kind of thing, or if any of you keep up with it, Ill be at Carolina Motorsports Park next weekend running in the 24 Hours of Lemons South event.

The team Consist of

Greg C. Owner of GSC Motorsports
Leh Keen (driver for Farnbacher Loles GT Team
Dino Loles (director and driver for Farnbacher Loles GT Team)
Matt Ball (coolest guy in the world)
Jody Conlin (MIT Grad and second coolest guy ever)

We will be rocking a 1990 240sx...should be very interesting.

Matt

quickdodgeŽ
07-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Matt Ball (coolest guy in the world)

I heard this guy is a dumbass.

Lemons, lolol.

Good luck to everyone (except Matt). Late, QD.

yogi08
07-20-2008, 02:58 PM
haaaaaa of course leh would want a 240
tell him yogi said hes a f@ggot
Thank u

81911SC
07-20-2008, 03:51 PM
WTF is a lemons?
Bunch of lemons?

StraightSix
07-20-2008, 04:27 PM
The 24 hours of Lemons is an endurance race for $500 cars. The money spent on the car is capped at $500, but safety equipment is "free" meaning there's no spending limit and what is spent on safety equipment does not get added into the price of the car.

It should be a very interesting race. I'm going to be there running timing.

TopSpeedInc
07-21-2008, 11:47 AM
I think you guys will have a great time. Best of luck. Scott will be out there in a little Conquest with some of his buddies. I hope its not crowd pick and thrown to the crusher...

TopSpeed would be out there. But the same weekend Redline Time Attack will be in Nashville, TN

Take care!

Tray M

dazn
07-22-2008, 08:01 PM
OPM Autosports will be there in a Miata built out of scrap parts and a junk car that we were saving as a spare tub. I wont be going, but check out the car. Just remember we build our real race cars a whole lot better,lol.

drivers
Tom Fowler - Ex. Speed World Challenge Touring Car driver with Mazda support.
Todd Lamb - Koni Challenge Fenton Motorsports and multiple SCCA wins also the 2007 NASA Champion in the SM class.
Ryan Downton - Crew chief of OPM Autosports with 2 years of track experience. Undefeated in class so far.
Mike Conrad - Mechanic of OPM Autosports with experience from Legends to SCCA to random roundy round stuff.
Steve DeVinney - Customer of OPM and also driver/instructor of many years in Porsches and SM.

Matt - Be ready for a damn good race. wish I could be there.

matthewAPM
07-22-2008, 08:08 PM
OPM Autosports will be there in a Miata built out of scrap parts and a junk car that we were saving as a spare tub. I wont be going, but check out the car. Just remember we build our real race cars a whole lot better,lol.

OPM Autosport FTW! yall ran great at the SCCA event last week at RA.

I was going to possible run this with a few buds but the cage was ordered MONTHS ago and never got in... WTF? called and said "oo we are sorry, we will start on it this week"... that was last weekend.

dazn
07-22-2008, 09:37 PM
what kinda cage? take the car to Robinson Racing in Cumming and let them do it for you. Best cage and chassis shop in the area.

matthewAPM
07-23-2008, 12:10 PM
what kinda cage? take the car to Robinson Racing in Cumming and let them do it for you. Best cage and chassis shop in the area.

autopower bolt-in. Yeah i know, NOT SAFE! but its getting trashed anyway and I can pull it out at the end of the event and sell it. You know the ITA CRX yall have? who drove it over the weekend? Im geussing it was rented b.c it was off the pace big time...

Elbow
07-23-2008, 12:52 PM
^lol.

And yeah on Robinson I am considering letting them do my front half. They gave me a pretty good quote.

thepolecat
07-23-2008, 01:04 PM
Good group of guys- Leh got me into SCCA Solo 2 stuff- I knew him in college-- I want to participate in this one day!

matthewAPM
07-23-2008, 05:28 PM
i wish that show "on the edge" would cover this

dazn
07-23-2008, 07:25 PM
autopower bolt-in. Yeah i know, NOT SAFE! but its getting trashed anyway and I can pull it out at the end of the event and sell it. You know the ITA CRX yall have? who drove it over the weekend? Im geussing it was rented b.c it was off the pace big time...

that car has some crazy handling issues that no one can figure out. Several people including myself have thrown pretty much everything at it besides changing every single suspension piece and subframe and start all over. We've made progress but we are still getting there.

Big Baller
07-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Drive around it ....lol

santacruz77
07-23-2008, 09:55 PM
i love this race!! i wish i could go ****s great

matthewAPM
07-24-2008, 10:26 AM
that car has some crazy handling issues that no one can figure out. Several people including myself have thrown pretty much everything at it besides changing every single suspension piece and subframe and start all over. We've made progress but we are still getting there.

dang. you would think a shop like OPM could figure a miata out :crazy:. JK JK

sounds like yall got your work cut out for ya. BTW, i need to talk to you about a ITA motor for my honda...

Thighs
07-24-2008, 10:33 AM

lol...

wantboost
07-24-2008, 10:56 AM
BTW, i need to talk to you about a ITA motor for my honda...
back to honda eh?

carbongs
07-24-2008, 11:23 AM
this has got to be the first time i've seen Lemans confused with Lemons

VooDooXII
07-24-2008, 12:23 PM
I read about this in Car and Driver...one of the most entertaining articles I've seen. Good luck guys!

matthewAPM
07-24-2008, 04:56 PM
back to honda eh?

yep yep

Thighs
07-24-2008, 07:01 PM
soudns like a....

LEMON PARTY!!!

matthewAPM
07-25-2008, 05:01 PM
soudns like a....

LEMON PARTY!!!
:bump:

lemansz
12-20-2008, 01:41 AM
Just searched this thread trying to see who was going this year...
april 4 5 CMP

I should be there again.

oh and the miata? Gow fined about 100 laps..

freakin spec racer... clone.

ha

see you in SC!

dazn
12-20-2008, 11:08 AM
april 4 5 CMP

I should be there again.

ha

see you in SC!

OPM's Miata? lol, we cant build a shitty car if we tried. well, I cant say we anymore, I dont work there anymore.

Big Baller
12-21-2008, 12:53 PM
Ill be there again hopefully, I need to find someone with a car

ash7
12-21-2008, 02:04 PM
this has got to be the first time i've seen Lemans confused with Lemons

except that the thread title was correct in its spelling?

very interesting race guys. :goodjob: Wish i had time to do this kind of stuff.

-jonathan

StraightSix
12-22-2008, 08:27 PM
april 4 5 CMP

I should be there again.

ha

see you in SC!

It got docked 200 laps. Moral = make sure the judges are convinced of your story, or that the bribes are really good.

I'm hoping to be able to do the timing and scoring again this year. I had a blast last year.