PDA

View Full Version : H22 will not start. NO fuel?

redciv1
07-20-2008, 02:02 PM
H22 has been running fine then this morning the car would not start. Sounds like the car is not getting fuel. It is not fast spinning like the timing belt. Fuel pump is coming on. How do you tell if there is fuel going to the engine.

Truegiant
07-20-2008, 02:05 PM
easiest way is to either disconnect it at the fuel filter on the firewall or the hose that connects to the injector rail. Hope you figure it out!

Motivation
07-20-2008, 02:08 PM
maybe it sounds like it isn't getting fuel cause your fuel tank is empty?
jk
anyways, good luck with this. hopefully its a cheap and easy fix for ya

G.C
07-20-2008, 02:10 PM
are you getting any spark? if your fuel pump is working i'm pretty sure you have fuel going to your engine. but check that too. if you have Fuel,Spark,Air=Car cranks.

redciv1
07-20-2008, 03:28 PM
I actually asked the new owner if the tank had gas because I know people are getting crazy with stealing gas. How do you check for spark. Take a spark plug out and hold it close to the engine block? I don't remember.

E=MC˛
07-20-2008, 03:31 PM
my b18 was doing that the engine would turn over but it wouldnt fire. turned out to be my dizzy i got a new one and it fired right up

redciv1
07-20-2008, 03:36 PM
So Fuel Pump, Grounds and Dizzy. I didn't change the Fuel Pump and I know I did not change the Dizzy either. Thanks. I gave him the link to this page and PMed him.

AnthonyF
07-20-2008, 04:40 PM
So it is spinng REAL fast? Is it just spinning or do you hear ur car making compression?

no compression=timing belt broke
compression w/ fuel=crank angle sensor or something else electrical

-Ant.

DeeAOne
07-20-2008, 04:45 PM
I actually asked the new owner if the tank had gas because I know people are getting crazy with stealing gas. How do you check for spark. Take a spark plug out and hold it close to the engine block? I don't remember.take one of your spark plug wires out, grab a screwdriver. MAKE SURE IT HAS A HANDLE ON IT. get someone else to try to start the car, while you have the metal tip of the screwdriver near the end of the wire, where it would touch the spark plug if in the motor. if you see the spark jump to the screwdriver, you have spark. :goodjob: hope that helps, and anyone help out if i missed something.

WalkS
07-20-2008, 06:18 PM
Main fuel relay acting up? it controls your fuel pump, check that. My Integra does that when the weather gets hot, it doesn't want to start..

redciv1
07-21-2008, 06:49 AM
Good info board. I appreciate the help.