PDA

View Full Version : SPOTTED- BRAND NEW SKYLINE

aaronfelipe
07-20-2008, 11:38 AM
I was riding last night and spotted it at The Avenue in Gwinnett. It had a California tag # 562 or something similar to that. I guess the guy was joy riding because he kept making U turns and going back and forth. This was the only shot I was able to take (I had to take my gloves off and pull out the phone while I was riding and had to wait to come to a complete stop before I could take it). Looks AMAZING in person :idb:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/Aaronfelipe/Windows-1252BSU1HMDAxMjcuanBn.jpg

aaronfelipe
07-20-2008, 11:59 AM
So much for a ****ty picture!

HalfBaked
07-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Why delete everyones post?

Homer Simpson
07-20-2008, 12:02 PM
hmmm, can't wait to see one in person, cars always look so different in person

cactusEG
07-20-2008, 12:03 PM
hmmm, can't wait to see one in person, cars always look so different in person
I saw one at a car show in the world congress center. Car looked sick in person. Pics dont do these cars justice... :goodjob:

Krappy
07-20-2008, 01:16 PM
cuz he doesnt like people to know he had a thread fail....

OTG Signs
07-20-2008, 01:20 PM
Looks massive and heavy.

Brown Man
07-20-2008, 01:22 PM
thats cool. i havent seen one on the streets yet.

Evil Goat
07-20-2008, 02:10 PM

exactly... :gay:

those skylines are fanboy cars, and this thread is worthless....a ****ing cellphone picture of a turbo 350z :jerkit:

cuz he doesnt like people to know he had a thread fail....

ahhh...i think people will see it as a fail regardless....$50 cell phone pictures ftl

tron
07-20-2008, 02:12 PM
nice......i'd drive one if i had the money

FoolsDrifFWD
07-20-2008, 02:56 PM

FoolsDrifFWD
07-20-2008, 02:59 PM

those skylines are fanboy cars, and this thread is worthless....a ****ing cellphone picture of a turbo 350z :jerkit:

You car is just an Australian grocery getter. lol http://www.dieselstation.com/wallpapers/Holden-Monaro/Holden-Monaro-002.jpg

Evil Goat
07-20-2008, 03:20 PM
you got that email too huh? :rolleyes: my vin starts with a 6 too....which is about as relevant as your post

FoolsDrifFWD
07-20-2008, 03:27 PM
you got that email too huh? :rolleyes: my vin starts with a 6 too....which is about as relevant as your post

lol what e-mail I always new that. And my post counts as a 6. Well hell thats higher than 1 and only 4 away from 10 so im good lol.

lurkerx2
07-20-2008, 05:22 PM
wow. i live pretty close to there. i want to see it.

Nemesis
07-20-2008, 05:25 PM
Uhm, thats a Civic.... lol

GTScoob
07-20-2008, 05:49 PM
That guy's an automotive journalist and works near a buddy of mine, apparently he's been rolling around in the Skyline for a week or two.

Elbow
07-20-2008, 05:51 PM
We have all seen one now ;)

JR VQ 30 de
07-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Looks massive and heavy.

they are heavy but the hp makes up for it almost runing 11,s i

Evil Goat
07-20-2008, 08:28 PM
lol what e-mail I always new that. And my post counts as a 6. Well hell thats higher than 1 and only 4 away from 10 so im good lol.

:thinking: wait.....so youre telling me gm didnt just realease an email stating the gto is a rebadged manaro.....and to think ive been in the dark all these years.... ;)

90_ACCORD
07-20-2008, 08:32 PM
yeah ive seen one driving around hwy 78 going from stone mountian to snellville

koukis14
07-20-2008, 09:01 PM

ahhh...i think people will see it as a fail regardless....$50 cell phone pictures ftl

I don't know why you guys are talking about Skylines. The car in the picture is a GTR. Skyline is a Japanese G35. And the GTR is on its own platform. The only thing is shares with the 350Z are the emblems. It may be heavy and ugly but it is faster than anything in its price range. Also a base GTR was onyl 3 seconds off of a ZR1 around the ring. When the VSPEC GTR comes out the ZR1 will get a nice raping. I do however agree that this is a pointless thread. I see this car every day. On tv, on the internet, in every ****ing car magazine. It costs as much as a 911 or a Z06 and I see those every day on the road, within 2 years these things will be on every corner. It's not a ****ing Enzo or Veyron. Stop posting pictures.

UpSideDownDesi
07-20-2008, 09:24 PM
tick tock tick tock before i get to drive one :D. GTR has grown on me.

Evil Goat
07-20-2008, 10:33 PM
I don't know why you guys are talking about Skylines. The car in the picture is a GTR. Skyline is a Japanese G35. And the GTR is on its own platform. The only thing is shares with the 350Z are the emblems. It may be heavy and ugly but it is faster than anything in its price range. Also a base GTR was onyl 3 seconds off of a ZR1 around the ring. When the VSPEC GTR comes out the ZR1 will get a nice raping. I do however agree that this is a pointless thread. I see this car every day. On tv, on the internet, in every ****ing car magazine. It costs as much as a 911 or a Z06 and I see those every day on the road, within 2 years these things will be on every corner. It's not a ****ing Enzo or Veyron. Stop posting pictures.

so wait...it carries on the next nameplate as the skyline gtr's we all know, (r35, since you recall the g35 versions were "v35's and v36's" ) shares the same styling, carries the traditional GTR badges, and has been dubbed the world over as the successor to the nissan skyline gtr, and even shows on the nissan websites as its main heritage coming directly from r30's-r34's (along with some of the pre Rtagged skylines), with no mention of a g35 based vehicle, and just b/c they dont put the skyline name plate on it i cant call it a skyline? give me a break, it was dubbed as a skyline from day one of the spyshots....call it what you want, but it was built as being americas first skyline gtr...whether they put the plastic badge on it or not

Andr3w
07-21-2008, 04:30 AM
Got a chance to see one in March at the Z Nationals. Very nice

FoolsDrifFWD
07-21-2008, 12:07 PM
:thinking: wait.....so youre telling me gm didnt just realease an email stating the gto is a rebadged manaro.....and to think ive been in the dark all these years.... ;)

Where did I say that??? http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/thisweekineducation/upload/2007/07/reader_rabbit/reader%20rabbit.jpg

ThaABomb
07-21-2008, 12:37 PM
BTW, it's a GTR, not a Skyline.

carbon_crash
07-21-2008, 12:44 PM
This car is tagged from California cause the guy driving it runs his company out of Cali. The guy driving this car lives in loganville in the same neighborhood as one of my friends. I've seen this car at his house while going to my friends. He tests drives cars for a living and then tells the writers his reviews of the performance, handling, comfort, etc. He also currently has a 500hp turbo Bently thats not in production yet too. This guy has got the best job ever:yes:

I was riding last night and spotted it at The Avenue in Gwinnett. It had a California tag # 562 or something similar to that. I guess the guy was joy riding because he kept making U turns and going back and forth. This was the only shot I was able to take (I had to take my gloves off and pull out the phone while I was riding and had to wait to come to a complete stop before I could take it). Looks AMAZING in person :idb:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/Aaronfelipe/Windows-1252BSU1HMDAxMjcuanBn.jpg

chinitoxamor
07-21-2008, 01:10 PM
why does everyone call it skyline? its not labeled on the car, its only labeled as GTR

Elbow
07-21-2008, 01:14 PM
why does everyone call it skyline? its not labeled on the car, its only labeled as GTR

Cause it's a Skyrine biatch GTFO JDM 4 LYF3

chinitoxamor
07-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Cause it's a Skyrine biatch GTFO JDM 4 LYF3

skyrine??? puahahahaha im serious, if its labeled as the skyline then it would have came out as a skyline but its not, its labeled GTR out from the factory.. so why call it a skyline?

DunDunSkeert
07-21-2008, 01:31 PM
Wow I live about 30 sec down that road (Janmar). Why didn't I get to see it?

Evil Goat
07-21-2008, 01:32 PM
skyrine??? puahahahaha im serious, if its labeled as the skyline then it would have came out as a skyline but its not, its labeled GTR out from the factory.. so why call it a skyline?

see my above response....its a direct relative to the skyline gtrs we all know...not the v35/36 versions that are currently out....that is why i will call it a skyline

Krappy
07-21-2008, 02:48 PM
this thread is an epic failure...

Krappy
07-21-2008, 02:50 PM
OH yeah its not a fuking skyline its a gtr.... no where on the car does it say skyline u n00b

chinitoxamor
07-21-2008, 03:19 PM
^^ thank you at least someone knows the truth, same thing with everyone else who drives around with a g35 with a skyline badge, get a life, its not a skyline, its a gtr, reading the retail label on the car, it says 2009 NISSAN GTR.. not skyline

ThaABomb
07-21-2008, 05:20 PM
Yea, um, actually the G35 is the Skyline in Japan. The GTR, however, is not a Skyline.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Skyline

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_GT-R

...cuz knowledge is power!

imbatman
07-21-2008, 06:17 PM

its ok dude, its ok to cry. i know that u have seen tons of "Skyline GTR35" pics and never seen one in person. its ok to envy someone that has a phone pic of it. dont worry, ull be able to see one up close and personal. :gay: ..i promise :dunno:

yogi08
07-21-2008, 06:29 PM
i just call it "the new skyline" LOL! really though, its the same platform as a skyline... the rear lights are nearly trade marks for skylines... all of them have it. but dont get me wrong, so does the impala too though. of course its GTR from the factory... but its just cooler "i own the new skyline GTR" haha kidding. but why argue about all of this?

imbatman
07-21-2008, 06:41 PM
yeah i know right y argue. i guess some people are born haters. they whine so much y the sky is blue and why the wind is blowing 55mph like a bunch of girls

koukis14
07-21-2008, 10:41 PM
its ok dude, its ok to cry. i know that u have seen tons of "Skyline GTR35" pics and never seen one in person. its ok to envy someone that has a phone pic of it. dont worry, ull be able to see one up close and personal. :gay: ..i promise :dunno:

Saw one at the car show jackass and saw 2 around town but I don't post pictures of it. If I wanted to see pictures I would look at every Motor Trend, Car and Driver, or Road and Track printed in the past year. But thank you for making an ass out of yourself.

koukis14
07-21-2008, 10:47 PM
so wait...it carries on the next nameplate as the skyline gtr's we all know, (r35, since you recall the g35 versions were "v35's and v36's" ) shares the same styling, carries the traditional GTR badges, and has been dubbed the world over as the successor to the nissan skyline gtr, and even shows on the nissan websites as its main heritage coming directly from r30's-r34's (along with some of the pre Rtagged skylines), with no mention of a g35 based vehicle, and just b/c they dont put the skyline name plate on it i cant call it a skyline? give me a break, it was dubbed as a skyline from day one of the spyshots....call it what you want, but it was built as being americas first skyline gtr...whether they put the plastic badge on it or not

So if you know so much about the car, why did you call it a turbo 350Z? And keep calling it a Skyline when it is not?

imbatman
07-21-2008, 10:48 PM
Saw one at the car show jackass and saw 2 around town but I don't post pictures of it. If I wanted to see pictures I would look at every Motor Trend, Car and Driver, or Road and Track printed in the past year. But thank you for making an ass out of yourself.

sure.......its ok man, we believe that u saw a skyline in person. and if u think u saw a G35 and not a skyline...thats cool too. :gay: :gay: :gay:

koukis14
07-21-2008, 11:01 PM
As much as I hate wasting time on emo fags......I HATE emo fags

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126831

I have also driven an R8 and RS4 and an S5. Oh and get a ****ing haircut, people point and laugh.

imbatman
07-21-2008, 11:09 PM
hahaha......wow thats a LAME comeback......i have a personal hater now, makes me feel like a Bad Ass..which i am

dude its ok. we know u got that from photobucket :yes:

90_ACCORD
07-21-2008, 11:15 PM
yeah i passed it again this morning on my way to goodyear on 78
this time it was going toward stone mountian
wish i knew who drives it

josh green
07-22-2008, 07:24 AM
Nissan USA isnt calling it a skyline and all the other "skyline" models are here in the states as G series cars. So I would call it its proper name as the GTR. Magazine may have speculated it as the new "skyline GTR" before it came out, but how is that any different than calling the new "NSX prototype" an NSX when it 99.9% wont be called an NSX. Not hating, just being logical.

chinitoxamor
07-22-2008, 02:20 PM
logical, if its a G35 in USA then its a G35, not a skyline.

my example

http://www.jdmv35.com/jdm_v35.htm

no matter what you do to the car, you can change the badges on the outside and call it a skyline 350gt whatever you want it. but reality is.. its still a INFINITI G35

DunDunSkeert
07-22-2008, 03:34 PM
This whole argument is kind of gay. Why don't we all just appreciate the fact that it is cool car.

stillaneon
07-22-2008, 03:39 PM

Beat me too it

josh green
07-22-2008, 04:12 PM
logical, if its a G35 in USA then its a G35, not a skyline.

my example

http://www.jdmv35.com/jdm_v35.htm

no matter what you do to the car, you can change the badges on the outside and call it a skyline 350gt whatever you want it. but reality is.. its still a INFINITI G35
The car is exactly the same in Japan other than RHD. But you dont see people walking around saying they have a skyline. Its called a GTR in japan and its called a GTR here. It doesnt have anything in common with the older skylines other than its turbocharged and AWD. No similar chassis, engine, suspension, transmission. The only thing similar cosmetically is the tail lights. I know this argument isnt going to result to anything but Nissan doesnt call it a Skyline, so it ISNT.

imbatman
07-22-2008, 04:15 PM
ifureadthisurgay

ATK_Designs
07-22-2008, 04:28 PM
geez people, just call it whatever the mfg call it.

Nissan announced that this will be a Nissan GT-R and will no longer carry the "skyline" prefix, then let's call it the GT-R?

Simple, they created the names, we follow.

imbatman
07-22-2008, 04:38 PM
everybody grow up and stop fighting like pussies

Evil Goat
07-22-2008, 04:53 PM
So if you know so much about the car, why did you call it a turbo 350Z? And keep calling it a Skyline when it is not?

i dont really know **** about the car....im just not a retard....you wanna argue about a plastic badge when we all know that when it was announced and the spyshots started rolling in everyone of you ****ing nissan fan boys were calling it a goddamn skyline.....yes on the books its a seperate model from the skyline, but we all know what it derived from....its the successor to the skyline, for ****s sake looks like the traditional skylines we all know, and is touted as their new supercar....its a skyline, end of story.

Athens_Red_Rexin
07-22-2008, 04:58 PM
WOW! 3 pages of nothing over a picture. :screwy:

ATK_Designs
07-22-2008, 05:10 PM
i dont really know **** about the car....im just not a retard....you wanna argue about a plastic badge when we all know that when it was announced and the spyshots started rolling in everyone of you ****ing nissan fan boys were calling it a goddamn skyline.....yes on the books its a seperate model from the skyline, but we all know what it derived from....its the successor to the skyline, for ****s sake looks like the traditional skylines we all know, and is touted as their new supercar....its a skyline, end of story.

I don't see Honda fanboys call the RSX by Integra (even though the JDM version is still Integra) Or Toyota Fanboys call the new IS by Altezza?? ;) lol

Simple, it's because they aren't really the same (even though mfg still name them the same).

Now, if the MFG announced officially as to why they name the car a certain name and not the "tradition" ones, then people should respect their decisions.

Quick lecture even though I'm no way a hardcore Nissan fanboy:

Previous Nissan "Skyline" Model have so many types/Trims. GT-R was the top of the line type that made that specific Nissan Skyline model so famous. Thus people over used the term "Skyline" when they talk about the GT-R type.

To distinguish the difference, Nissan decided to name the new car, GT-R as its own model. It's no longer a type of the Skyline model nor have any association with the Skyline. The only Nissan Skyline Associations are the 350GT, 370GT, etc. These are named Infiniti G35s and G37s. These are the "true" continuation of the Nissan Skyline Models.

That's more than just a plastic label or whatever.

I still don't get why people are so ignorant to call the cars by the names the mfg named it? It's only make people stupid, going around, calling it something it's not. If someone doesn't know the "fvck" about "ANY" car, they better shut up, listen or at least do some research before blabbering their mouth claiming their subjective opinions as if it's the fact.

I'm a automotive enthusiast and I take fair and unbiased views toward many vehicles. It's completely okay when people don't know about something, and call it. But it just sadden me to see ignorant people, even after they've been told the fact, refused to acknowledge it. :rant:

Btw, OP, thanks for sharing. I've yet to see a local own driver. You cellphone takes better p ics than mine :goodjob:

Z33_kid
07-22-2008, 07:30 PM
very kool

Krappy
08-03-2008, 04:54 PM
lol...if its a skyline then i drive a silvia...

OTG Signs
08-03-2008, 04:58 PM
Thanks for bumping the thread after over a week. Really great to see this thread again.

osnap
08-03-2008, 05:02 PM
ifureadthisurgayyou are such an obnoxious little emo. :slap: