PDA

View Full Version : Trip Odometer

Motivation
07-20-2008, 11:03 AM
A few weeks ago the trip odometer in my car started acting wierd. The regular odometer (one that reads the total mileage on car) works fine. On the trip odometer the 10th mile number works. Once it goes to roll past nine the single mile number does not go up and the 10th number goes back to zero. I changed my oil a few days ago and I was driving down the road and noticed it said 599.7? so I hit the trip reset button to see if it was starting to work. Maybe it was just stuck. It is still doing what it did before. Is there something I could do to fix it? Could it just be stuck or something? I'm not worried about it enough to replace my gauges if that is my only option because it is not affecting my driving. The car is a 1993 Nissan Sentra se-r. REPS for any help. Thanks.

AnthonyF
07-20-2008, 11:33 AM
So it is the roll-a-style? Since they are mechanical, it typically is just the little gears are worn out, something might have come out of place back there. Pull it out and take a look at it and see if anything is broken.

-Ant.

Motivation
07-20-2008, 01:42 PM
alright. appreciate it ant. reps if I can