PDA

View Full Version : NOPI ALTERNATIVE - LOCKED DUE TO LACK OF INFORMATION

larossa9
07-19-2008, 01:20 AM
ok i will cut out what i said, i didnt think it would be such a big deal, sorry i was posting it to spread the word about a car show in savannah, i am sorry if i made anyone mad, and im not trying to be selfish i just thought that people that would be in savannah on sept 20th would want to go :D

Copied from the website---------------------------------------------------

when-SEPTEMBER 20th! We don’t know where in Savannah GA they will be, but stay tuned for more info.
What is this?

Really, it is just an excuse for a giant import/domestic/bike mega meet. With the Nopi Nationals in Atlanta being cancelled, we decided it was time to do something about it. Instead of noob tubing people in COD4 on Saturday the 20th of september, we are going to be hosting 2-3-500 cars for an all day meet. Well, thats the plan anyway.

Where is this?

Good question…somewhere in Savannah GA. The details are being worked out right now…but stay tuned for a firmer location.

Who can go?

Anyone with a presentable car, bike or anything else with wheels. If you have ever been to a car show, you can join us here. This is also open to racers, dyno queens and any other fun vehicle. There will be a judged car show and a regular lot full of nice rides. Pricing will be worked out as we move along.

Well, how many people are going?

Thats where you come in. Spread the word and report back. We will host as many as will show up!

Who is sponsoring it?

We are looking for good, quality sponsorship as we speak. Currently, Carter Racing is the title sponsor. If you or someone you know is interested email us - [email protected] ([email protected])

Cool, I am in! How can I help?

Show this page to as many people as you can. Force your neighbor to go…bring your club…lets get as many car people as possible and hang out all day. Relax in Savannah and have a blast.

Please, if you are interested in attending, leave a comment or email me - [email protected] ([email protected])

BABY J
07-19-2008, 01:25 AM
No creativity at all. They even had to "borrow" the Nopi logo a bit. Sweet.

quickdodge®
07-19-2008, 08:48 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/pigsfly.jpg

Later, QD.

Vteckidd
07-19-2008, 08:56 AM
im gonna laugh when Nopi sues you for trademark infringement and copyright violoations

BABY J
07-19-2008, 09:18 AM
Glad I wasn't the only 1 who noticed.:goodjob:

JayKnight
07-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Because there will be no nopi this year we in savannah want to start somthing new thanks to CarterRace just click this link here WWW.NONOPI.COM (http://www.nonopi.com/) for the nonopi car show in savannah,GA, on the site there is more info about when and where, hope to see you there!!

Way to think about yourself....so because you are in Savannah, everyone else has to travel there as well. Way to think about others !!! And you did a wonderful job stealing the NOPI logo and attempting to make it your own. :gay:

Have a nice day !!!

BABY J
07-19-2008, 10:35 AM
Cant wait till the Meyer's bros get their lawyers to look at that site. I'm saving screenshots of that sh*t too. LOL.

ThaABomb
07-19-2008, 11:45 AM
I'll be in Savannah on Sept. 20th WEEEEEEEEE!! Count me in!

CarterRace
07-19-2008, 03:13 PM
:D

larossa9
07-20-2008, 12:05 AM
bump

BABY J
07-20-2008, 05:52 AM
^^ Doesn't get the hint yet that we are not interested. Can some1 help 'em out?

David88vert
07-20-2008, 07:20 AM
^^ Doesn't get the hint yet that we are not interested. Can some1 help 'em out?
Actually, some people are planning on being down there anyway that weekend. I will probably have one of my cars down there then, even though I probably won't be there myself. There are also several people from Savannah on this forum.

Nex
07-20-2008, 09:30 AM
is this foreal ? savanna ? old town right ? LOL

larossa9
07-20-2008, 09:58 AM
yes its foreal savannah georgia

dinnertime
07-20-2008, 10:33 AM
No wonder I don't come to this site, every person on this forum is a BlTCH. Then again I don't expect too much from honda owners.

Vteckidd
07-20-2008, 10:38 AM
No wonder I don't come to this site, every person on this forum is a BlTCH. Then again I don't expect too much from honda owners.
way to get people excited LOL

No dumbass the problem is you are announcing a replacement nopi event WITH NO INFORMATION, NO SPONSORS, NO NOTHING.

What are we supposed to do get all excited and thank the lord you have done all this hard work?

Wow, NONOPI.COM how CREATIVE :blah:

larossa9
07-20-2008, 10:43 AM
there is a sponsor and there is information unless you cannot read

Vteckidd
07-20-2008, 10:47 AM
wow, Carter Racing, who ive never even heard of before.

Come on man, dont do this **** halfassed.

when-SEPTEMBER 20th! We don’t know where in Savannah GA they will be, but stay tuned for more info

Excuse us if we dont get excited about an event that will probably NOT HAPPEN or an event that doesnt even have a VENUE YET.

RICERS

yogi08
07-20-2008, 10:49 AM
carter racing is a shop in SAV... ive been a few times, very cool guys. however i dont think savannah can pull off anything near as fun as nopi is... even if its at hutchinson island

SixSquared
07-20-2008, 10:50 AM
there is a sponsor and there is information unless you cannot read

^^A sponsor? So Carter said you could use their parking lot. Whoopee.

I've posted my opinion on facebook and everywhere else this nonopi bullsh!t has come up... instead of holding an event in Savannah (which is a blow-a$s town.), why don't you guys read the nopi alternative thread and join in on that? Atlanta Motor Speedway already has that weekend blocked out, and there IS going to be some sort of event there. Why work seperately when you can work together, get a big show thrown in Atlanta, and show people that GA doesn't need Nopi to be an import hub? That the local enthusiasts can make it happen.

Vteckidd
07-20-2008, 10:52 AM
cause that would be the smart thing to do. And thiese guys just want to seem important like they were the only ones to come up with idea.

This thread will prob be deleted due to lack of info, and i dont want people getting the wrong idea

larossa9
07-20-2008, 10:52 AM
are they a sponsor, yes who cares if you have heard of them????? there not fake, and as the site cleary states "The details are being worked out right now…but stay tuned for a firmer location" what more could you ask for, a sponsor, a date, a location and time, whats the big deal not everything has to be such a huge struggle, its just a bunch of people that like cars and car shows and wanted to start they're show why does it have to have a ton of sponsors?? its planned to be a fun gathering to people in the savannah area that happen to browse this forum and again the details are being worked out as we speak, we didnt know nopi was going to be cancelled until a week ago, cut us some slack

SixSquared
07-20-2008, 10:57 AM
^^Dude... pull your head out of your butt and listen. Think about this... Carter is a small business in Savannah. They do good work, sure, but since this is clearly going to be a "last minute" type of event no matter where it goes down, then don't you think you should work with some bigger guns (IE the people who are posting in the nopi alternative thread started by jaimecbr900) instead of the little peashooter that is Carter? The difference between actually pulling off a big meet at the last minute and failing? How much money you have to put in it. So, kill this nonopi idea, get talking with the s3, Batlground, etc people in the other thread, and HELP to make one big show in the south, instead of DETRACTING from it.

yogi08
07-20-2008, 10:59 AM
for once in my damn life ill argee with emily... someone take a screen shot of this and throw it in my face nexxt time i call her a bad name

SixSquared
07-20-2008, 11:02 AM
^^You could just quit being a punk b!tch and get over yourself.

larossa9
07-20-2008, 11:03 AM
^^Dude... pull your head out of your butt and listen. Think about this... Carter is a small business in Savannah. They do good work, sure, but since this is clearly going to be a "last minute" type of event no matter where it goes down, then don't you think you should work with some bigger guns (IE the people who are posting in the nopi alternative thread started by jaimecbr900) instead of the little peashooter that is Carter? The difference between actually pulling off a big meet at the last minute and failing? How much money you have to put in it. So, kill this nonopi idea, get talking with the s3, Batlground, etc people in the other thread, and HELP to make one big show in the south, instead of DETRACTING from it.

i see your point and i liked how you explained it instead of bashing me like Mr.Kidd, i like your i deal about making one big show, but were not trying to make the show massive just a good one , but ill run the idea past them, thanks for you helpful input

SixSquared
07-20-2008, 11:10 AM
i see your point and i liked how you explained it instead of bashing me like Mr.Kidd, i like your i deal about making one big show, but were not trying to make the show massive just a good one , but ill run the idea past them, thanks for you helpful input

But see here's the thing.. Atlanta NEEDS a "massive" show. Think about it.. Atlanta has lost all the big shows that used to come through. We used to be on the HIN/Nightshift tour, FunkMasterFlex, etc. The only 2 big shows that still come through Atlanta are Nopi and DUB. And DUB isn't exactly the import scene lol. If we all work together and throw a HUGE show, in Atlanta, then we can show parts companies/show tours/events companies that Atlanta IS a force to be reckoned with in the import world, and can maybe "win back" a few tours/shows. Tell the boys at Carter to reschedule for a different weekend... I know Southern Car Customs threw a show in October down there (October 06). Even though George ended up losing about $10,000 on it, it was a fun show from a participant's point of view. And a good number of people from Atlanta came down (The Elite crew and a few other clubs). It was the weekend of my birthday, so I made a BUNCH of new friends that I ended up partying all weekend with... it was a great time. Kill the event the same weekend of Nopi, come help with the Atlanta show that weekend, and throw a Carter show some other weekend... hell I may even return to the city I hate more than any other for a show.. but not when there's a bigger show being brewed in Atlanta.

larossa9
07-20-2008, 11:15 AM
i see where you comming from with your idea but i dont think its going to be cancelled
1.because im not incharge
2.because it been a pretty big hit locally and in nearby cities, but it looks as if we will have a few people come down from atl

how did my rep go to red so fast haha

SixSquared
07-20-2008, 11:17 AM
^^Because you had your head up your butt.

Ask the Carter boys about rescheduling it... explain the Atlanta point of view. If they have any sense, they will understand and reschedule. Note that I said RESCHEDULE. Not CANCEL. The SCC show was the weekend of October 7 and they had a good turnout.. it was nice weather (not blazingly hot), and with the official show "season" over, a lot of people had that weekend free to turn out.

Vteckidd
07-20-2008, 11:21 AM
I didnt bash, i told the truth.

Lets analyze this again.

you come on here "with no reputation mind you" and post a REPLACEMENT NOPI SHOW.

You call it NONOPI.COM. Blatantly ripping their trademark an name . Stupid move IMO, if you knew the meyers you would know how sue happy they will be.

You come in here an say, "hey we are having a show, but we dont know where, how many people, all we know is a date."

So excuse me if it sounds like you posted this up wiht little to no effort.

People are looking for a viable option, not some group of kids pipe dream.

SO, the smart thing to do would be to wait until you have more information to post up, rather than halfass leak some event you have almost ZERO info on.

At least with the AMS event we know that a date an place.

larossa9
07-20-2008, 11:42 AM
how do you know how many people are attending 2 months before it starts?, we were just stating that there was a show comming up and we didnt say we where it is yea we were just trying to get the word out before its too late and we do have a date and now we are confirming the place as we speak

BABY J
07-20-2008, 12:07 PM
This is fun. Anyway u slice it this was done in very poor taste - 5 years from now if it becomes an annual event you will still be "nonopi" - WTF!! If you want to market CR as a viable event planner in this indistry then start the way Nopi and others did - from grassroots on up. Make a name for yourself - it may take longer but you will be more happy w/ yourself in the end. There are a sh*t-ton mor evendors that will make the 20 minute drive to the speedway than the hop to Savannah for a "maybe". Do the math.

Vteckidd
07-20-2008, 12:08 PM
how do you know how many people are attending 2 months before it starts?, we were just stating that there was a show comming up and we didnt say we where it is yea we were just trying to get the word out before its too late and we do have a date and now we are confirming the place as we speak
Hey genius

How are you supposed to know how many people MIGHT show up when you dont even have a VENUE@@@>@>@>@>@>!>!>>!>!

Thread LOCKED due to stupidity, post up when you are ready to have real details, not some halfassed forum jargon