PDA

View Full Version : DieselNuts vs Thacker Results and Video

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-19-2008, 12:16 AM
So I hit up the spot about 11:50... arriving just after Derek.

I met with him and his crew... and told them to go ahead and let Derek go get a test pass or two in as I knew he didn't have much experience launching on the street. We flipped a coin for lane choice. Derek took the right hand lane which is typically known to hook better... but this night I wanted to try out the left.

About 10 minutes later he came back and we hit up the spot together. The spot had about 50 people standing at the finish line already so we were in a hurry to get this done and overwith.

We both lined up, did a small burnout and got to the starting line. Our flagger seemed to take forever and I launched slightly ahead of Derek... not really on purpose but more just trying to anticipate the go.

When derek launched he spun a good bit, whereas I dead hooked. I rode the clutch out a good bit... and I won't give details but my car hooks better than your average car even on street tires. I prefer the slicks so I can launch at 4500 instead of 2000... but I can make do with whatever. I heard dereks car wheel hopping and sputtering as I went into second gear. I slow shifted into third as I was already a considerable amount ahead of him but I stayed in the gas to finish out the race.

We went back to the gas station, bull****ted a minute and I let derek look under my hood so there'd be no question that I was running the same setup as when I ran collins. He was a man of his word and paid the $25 bucks.

:cheers:

Here is the video.

I was on 17" pirelli 275 street tires for this run... aka the front tires off my camaro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwJWUPFGBUo

Derek wanted to run again for ****s and giggles and I agreed, however when we turned around there was about 10-15 more people showing up to the area and we both agreed it was getting too hot.

I sort of knew the outcome... but I figured since I had a good set of street tires I might as well go ahead and give derek his race as I knew I'd never get him on a pair of slicks. Dereks car makes a good 35-40 more rwhp... maybe even more than mine but if you can't get that power to the ground its pretty much useless.

:cheers:

http://i36.tinypic.com/i6awq9.jpg

2.3 Evo 8
07-19-2008, 12:23 AM
When derek launched he spun a good bit, whereas I dead hooked. I rode the clutch out a good bit... and I won't give details but my car hooks better than your average car even on street tires. I prefer the slicks but I can make do with whatever.

Your car is worthless on street tires, but it "dead hooks" tonight and "hooks better than your average car even on street tires."

Would you like me to quote your other threads again?

OMG Its Platz
07-19-2008, 12:24 AM
whaaaa whaaa WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.. nice

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-19-2008, 12:25 AM
Your car is worthless on street tires, but it "dead hooks" tonight and "hooks better than your average car even on street tires."

Would you like me to quote your other threads again?

It's all part of playing the game. :lmfao:

You tell me.. did it LOOK worthless on street tires?

jumpin800agl
07-19-2008, 12:25 AM
good run

TS240
07-19-2008, 12:27 AM
Nice kill....

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-19-2008, 12:28 AM
good run

You want to do something street tires to street tire? You can run high boost, that will put you about 40-60 more rwhp than me.

:doh:

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-19-2008, 12:53 AM
Nice kill....

It was a long one in the making.

Thanks.

Dwisforme05
07-19-2008, 01:01 AM
nice cars, nice race.

antiv6
07-19-2008, 01:03 AM
wow the gto hooked really good on street tires, wheel hops a bitch, good race though. thacker can drive for sure

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-19-2008, 01:06 AM
wow the gto hooked really good on street tires, wheel hops a bitch, good race though. thacker can drive for sure

It hooked good, at the cost of the stock clutch. I don't know how much more abuse this damn thing can handle. I road it out from 2500 on that run and after the race I had a mushy pedal when we slowed down.

It HAS to let go one day.... one day soon.

And thanks for the compliment, the rest of the board won't even utter words to that extent.

Black R
07-19-2008, 01:31 AM
so thacker is in the gto? what mods/ power/ et is it at in present state? (pm me if you don't want to let the cat out of the bag). i was looking at gto's recently - dunno why but i like this last iteration and was thinking about getting one.....

TS240
07-19-2008, 01:38 AM
It was a long one in the making.

Thanks.
lol atleast you back the **** talking up.:goodjob: Its all part of the game right.:cheers:

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-19-2008, 08:16 AM
so thacker is in the gto? what mods/ power/ et is it at in present state? (pm me if you don't want to let the cat out of the bag). i was looking at gto's recently - dunno why but i like this last iteration and was thinking about getting one.....

Intake / Exhaust / Tune... 371 RWHP.....

I don't like saying its exact times.. but with the rest of the bolt ons and slicks I think I could hit an 11.90 pretty soon. Once I port the intake, add headers etc.

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-19-2008, 09:38 AM
170 views and 13 replies....

ODD How that works out. :)

stillaneon
07-19-2008, 09:40 AM
I just took it out again, on street tires I might as well be launching on a wet slip n slide tarp.... but... we'll see what happens tonight. 19" tires = NO traction.

I was on 17" pirelli 275 street tires for this run... aka the front tires off my camaro.

What happened to running on the 19's. good kill

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-19-2008, 09:41 AM
What happened to running on the 19's. good kill

I took it out, and couldn't get it to hook. I tried every launch combo I could think of. My 19's are dead ass bald too.

I said **** it, and swapped the camaro's front tires over.... and was very impressed with those pirellis. I will be riding around on them until I can get some replacement 19's.

SicStang03
07-19-2008, 11:06 AM
So will you do dig runs against other people on street tires now?

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-19-2008, 11:07 AM

As long as they are as lightly modded as my car is.

I've been racing cars with a lot more power than mine......

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-19-2008, 11:08 AM

What you want to do with my stock GTO on street tires vs your 500+ rwhp Cobra on street tires?

SilviaK93
07-19-2008, 12:16 PM
I've been racing cars with a lot more power than mine......

Your alittle arrogant in some of your remarks, but I gotta give you props for beating on other V8 RWD cars making more power.

I'll agree and say you seem to get that car out of the hole, but also state that it's funny how your opponents get so worked up they completely blow it at the line. It's like a mind tricks game from what I read. If they stay somewhat calm and not get so overzealous they might be able to give you a run for your money.

Although you clearly stated that you would be running on 19" street tires and swapped to a stickier 17"- good kill.:goodjob:

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Your alittle arrogant in some of your remarks, but I gotta give you props for beating on other V8 RWD cars making more power.

I'll agree and say you seem to get that car out of the hole, but also state that it's funny how your opponents get so worked up they completely blow it at the line. It's like a mind tricks game from what I read. If they stay somewhat calm and not get so overzealous they might be able to give you a run for your money.

Although you clearly stated that you would be running on 19" street tires and swapped to a stickier 17"- good kill.:goodjob:

Either way its a hard radial pirelli. Theres nothing STICKY about those tires.

And yea... my opponents do get VERY worked up.

Hell, when collins went to do his burnout against me he stalled his car because he left traction control on.

:lmfao:

2.3 Evo 8
07-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Either way its a hard radial pirelli. Theres nothing STICKY about those tires.

...and again.

When derek launched he spun a good bit, whereas I dead hooked. I rode the clutch out a good bit... and I won't give details but my car hooks better than your average car even on street tires. I prefer the slicks but I can make do with whatever.

Flip flop, flip flop. Thacker, you're a flip flopper.

khan351
07-19-2008, 01:26 PM
nice kill man, hooked pretty damn good for steet tires:goodjob:

Echonova
07-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Thacker, how can there be this much mystery around a "mostly stock" car? I think there's a lot more to your GTO than some idiot looking at it in a parking lot for 5 min can recognize.

But in all fairness if your can drive it makes up for a lot of Hp's. "My car puts out 5xxhp"... Doesn't matter if you can't put it to the ground...

DirtyMechanic
07-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Thacker, how can there be this much mystery around a "mostly stock" car? I think there's a lot more to your GTO than some idiot looking at it in a parking lot for 5 min can recognize.

But in all fairness if your can drive it makes up for a lot of Hp's. "My car puts out 5xxhp"... Doesn't matter if you can't put it to the ground... like i said before i bet it a cheater car. hes got some old guy helping him make it look stock. i wonder why he constantly saying he has 30-40-50 less hp.. maybe its the other way around and he has that much MORE... street racing for money is all about having a cheaper car. especaily since the way he works everyone up.

LT1UltraZ
07-19-2008, 02:42 PM
lol @ all the people saying thackers car has more then he says he does...it has exactly what he claims :goodjob:

SilviaK93
07-19-2008, 02:52 PM
How is it hard to believe that he may be underpowered against his competition?

Its a "dig" race. If the other person cant launch and smokes the tires enough they will not catch him especially with only 30-40 more hp. I still dont know why diesel let himself get stuck in the lane prepped for tires not street tires. I would think that almost hurt him as he is on a hard street tire in a lane clearly prepped for soft tires; hence the wheel hop.

I still think thackers formula is easy. Fluster your opponent so much and make them want to beat you so bad and race them from a race they are already not comfortable racing from.

SilviaK93
07-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Hell, when collins went to do his burnout against me he stalled his car because he left traction control on.

exactly my point.

TS240
07-19-2008, 03:49 PM
like i said before i bet it a cheater car. hes got some old guy helping him make it look stock. i wonder why he constantly saying he has 30-40-50 less hp.. maybe its the other way around and he has that much MORE... street racing for money is all about having a cheaper car. especaily since the way he works everyone up.
Why don't you guys just buy him a few dyno pulls to settel things...
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183832&page=1&pp=20

CHADbee
07-19-2008, 04:08 PM
lol @ all the people saying thackers car has more then he says he does...it has exactly what he claims :goodjob:
marshell your alive? :eek:

2.3 Evo 8
07-19-2008, 04:11 PM
LT1 is Marcin.

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-19-2008, 04:46 PM
like i said before i bet it a cheater car. hes got some old guy helping him make it look stock. i wonder why he constantly saying he has 30-40-50 less hp.. maybe its the other way around and he has that much MORE... street racing for money is all about having a cheaper car. especaily since the way he works everyone up.

I wish I had that kind of money. If I was going to do something "cheater" I would run a hidden dry nitrous kit, or something similar. My car is exactly like I say it is, a few searches on the GTO boards or talking to some of my friends can confirm this. In the next few weeks and months the car will go under some major changes.... that WILL be hidden from the eyes and that won't be directly obvious....and at that point a few people including onebadGT // GTSlow will get their time. But at the moment??? no.....

I just can't figure out why these cars with more HP can't catch me. I mean that cobra wasn't even close to pulling me back in.

If I had stayed in the gas the race against Collins would have looked like that Cobra.....

If I was a bystander, I would have thought my GTO sprayed against that Cobra. I mean THAT many car lengths? Street tire for street tire.... that just doesn't happen man.
:ninja:

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-19-2008, 05:09 PM
YO DIESELNUTS. I was under the impression one of your friends was going to videotape the race. Did they? I would like to see it from an alternate angle.

redrumracer
07-19-2008, 05:15 PM
thats how the game works, hell thats how my friend with a mostly stock altima ser whooped my friends trans am, srt 4, rb25 240, and all sorts of other cars. he would talk some mad sh!t and then come time to run he would do his thing and let you sweat about it and f*ck up. hell he even beat people with a 2 door jeep cherokee with the i6 and it was an auto. but your right it is all a mind game.

redrumracer
07-19-2008, 05:20 PM
also there is no way that is a 1/4 mile. hell from the time all start till the time yall cross the camera man is just at 11 sec's

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-19-2008, 05:21 PM
thats how the game works, hell thats how my friend with a mostly stock altima ser whooped my friends trans am, srt 4, rb25 240, and all sorts of other cars. he would talk some mad sh!t and then come time to run he would do his thing and let you sweat about it and f*ck up. hell he even beat people with a 2 door jeep cherokee with the i6 and it was an auto. but your right it is all a mind game.

Some are better at it than others.

I know when I first started street racing my camaro at 17, I couldn't drive worth a **** and I got real nervous when I was worried about a race. As a consequence I lost to a lot of cars I shouldn't have.
Experience is NOT over rated.

CHADbee
07-19-2008, 05:35 PM
LT1 is Marcin.
:doh:

marshell has the C6

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-19-2008, 05:47 PM
also there is no way that is a 1/4 mile. hell from the time all start till the time yall cross the camera man is just at 11 sec's

It's 982 feet.

We both knew its not a quarter mile. As did I and collins and everyone who races there.

fight club
07-19-2008, 06:08 PM
I wish I had that kind of money. If I was going to do something "cheater" I would run a hidden dry nitrous kit, or something similar.

If I was a bystander, I would have thought my GTO sprayed against that Cobra. I mean THAT many car lengths? Street tire for street tire.... that just doesn't happen man.

hmmmm.....

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-19-2008, 06:17 PM
hmmmm.....

:thinking: :thinking:

Tech5
07-19-2008, 06:18 PM
Your Just BADAS$ :thinking:

IndianStig
07-19-2008, 06:30 PM
the fact that you can drive does not change the fact that you are ***** and create drama like hilary clinton on a sugar high would

GTslOw
07-19-2008, 06:37 PM
:thinking: :thinking:thacker i will say i do not like you but you better be careful putting your camaro wheels on the gto the gto pattern is 5x120 and the ss is 5x120.65 you could possibly break the studs:goodjob:

Tech5
07-19-2008, 06:38 PM
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: But Hilary can't back it up when she starts shltt! Atleast he does that! But He might do it to get ya'll pissed to come out an run the IA 's POS cars lol!:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
the fact that you can drive does not change the fact that you are ***** and create drama like hilary clinton on a sugar high would

Tech5
07-19-2008, 06:42 PM
:gay: :gay: :gay: http://i26.tinypic.com/29vm2a8.jpg

khan351
07-19-2008, 10:22 PM

chill out man, sure he makes a lot of call outs and talks shii but that how most people actually come through with a race. he's came out and held his own and has been keeping the killsforum entertained.

hey thacker, pm me if you want to do a dig with a bone stock 03 cobra:cheers:

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-19-2008, 11:21 PM
thacker i will say i do not like you but you better be careful putting your camaro wheels on the gto the gto pattern is 5x120 and the ss is 5x120.65 you could possibly break the studs:goodjob:

Plenty of people run Fbody wheels without problems. If you use the right lugntus you are in no risk.

Breaking or sheering one would just give me a reason to go with ARP's anyway.

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-19-2008, 11:23 PM
Your Just BADAS$ :thinking:

You get to see the race in person? I am hearing it was much worse looking from the people that were there compared to what you see on the video.

fight club
07-20-2008, 01:01 AM
so as my quote pointed out you saying stuff, nitrous?

AnthonyF
07-20-2008, 10:34 AM
As long as they are as lightly modded as my car is.

I've been racing cars with a lot more power than mine......why not heavier modified cars on street tires? That means they will have even more wheel spin. You dont think things through do u?

-Ant.

IndianStig
07-20-2008, 12:44 PM
chill out man, sure he makes a lot of call outs and talks shii but that how most people actually come through with a race. he's came out and held his own and has been keeping the killsforum entertained.

hey thacker, pm me if you want to do a dig with a bone stock 03 cobra:cheers:

oh no, actually i commend him for racing soo much, bringing some life back in to this forum. but goddamn, his posts get damn annoying. plus his e-thuging fuc.king sucks.

DieselNuts
07-20-2008, 01:05 PM
The race was decent at best. I spun way too much, then wheel hop took over. By the time I hooked up, Thacker was out of reach. Due to the flagger, Thacker got about a fender jump on me, but put me a fender ahead of where I was at the end and he still got me pretty good.

You say that you don't understand why I didn't reel you in any, I think that has to do with the fact that my power numbers don't trounce yours and when someone spins the amount I did, there isn't enough real estate for me to put a dent in the lead you pulled since you didn't spin at all.

I have never been to this location so I didn't know which lane was better if one is even better at all.

My buddy did record the run but he didn't realize how close he was to the street when we got close so he didn't get the very end on film. I'll post it up in a min though.

In the end, I think Thacker beat me due to experience. A win is a win and he out drove me to the win this time. I am still looking forward to our roll race in the near future though.

DieselNuts
07-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Now that I saw the video on the screen, its usless. Its from the same spot as your video, but on the other side of the street. You can see a lot more on yours because my buddy pointed the camera down before we got even with him.

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-20-2008, 01:44 PM
The race was decent at best. I spun way too much, then wheel hop took over. By the time I hooked up, Thacker was out of reach. Due to the flagger, Thacker got about a fender jump on me, but put me a fender ahead of where I was at the end and he still got me pretty good.

You say that you don't understand why I didn't reel you in any, I think that has to do with the fact that my power numbers don't trounce yours and when someone spins the amount I did, there isn't enough real estate for me to put a dent in the lead you pulled since you didn't spin at all.

I have never been to this location so I didn't know which lane was better if one is even better at all.

My buddy did record the run but he didn't realize how close he was to the street when we got close so he didn't get the very end on film. I'll post it up in a min though.

In the end, I think Thacker beat me due to experience. A win is a win and he out drove me to the win this time. I am still looking forward to our roll race in the near future though.

It's all good.

I had fun.
:goodjob:

Ronsam2006
07-20-2008, 02:21 PM
Nice run...good kill Thacker.

SicStang03
07-20-2008, 03:06 PM
What you want to do with my stock GTO on street tires vs your 500+ rwhp Cobra on street tires?

I would but I need more than 1000 feet. I don't care to run on the street but if you want to go to the track I will run you. Your slicks vs. my street tires

OnURleft
07-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Nice run. It's good to see someone utilizing all that they have and out performing others with more. It reminds me when I started road racing and I ran shocks/springs/bushings and street tires only!.. I was killing alot of coil-overed R compound BMW's/Porsche's etc. People would always look at my car in the paddock and kind of wonder what was up with it which was great. Thacker I know how this type of victory feels x100 if you get what i'm saying and having less and beating others with more is far better than having more than everyone else.

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-20-2008, 08:59 PM
Nice run. It's good to see someone utilizing all that they have and out performing others with more. It reminds me when I started road racing and I ran shocks/springs/bushings and street tires only!.. I was killing alot of coil-overed R compound BMW's/Porsche's etc. People would always look at my car in the paddock and kind of wonder what was up with it which was great. Thacker I know how this type of victory feels x100 if you get what i'm saying and having less and beating others with more is far better than having more than everyone else.

:???:

OnURleft
07-20-2008, 09:04 PM
:???:

Your car has less yet still wins, similar to my style of racing on the track for the last 4 years.
My road racing car has less, yet can still consistanly run faster times that other more "built" track cars at Barber, Road A. CMP etc without the driver mod.
For example. A C6Z on 325 Hoosiers was running 1:43's-1:45's on Road A. I was running 1:43's. My car has 1/2 the h.p, i'm only 150lbs lighter. Driver mod FTW.
It feels nice. End.

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-20-2008, 09:06 PM
Your car has less yet still wins.
My road racing car has less, yet can still consistanly run faster times that other more "built" track cars at Barber, Road A. CMP etc without the driver mod.
For example. A C6Z on Hoosiers was running 1:43's-1:45's on Road A. I was running 1:43's. My car has 1/2 the h.p. Driver mod FTW.
It feels nice. End.
Dude I meant to put a Thanks and a :goodjob:

I accidentally clicked the one above it. My. bad.

OnURleft
07-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Dude I meant to put a Thanks and a :goodjob:

I accidentally clicked the one above it. My. bad.

Haha nice, cool.

MeFryRice
07-21-2008, 09:02 AM
Not too shabby. :goodjob:

Ronsam2006
07-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Your car has less yet still wins, similar to my style of racing on the track for the last 4 years.
For example. A C6Z on 325 Hoosiers was running 1:43's-1:45's on Road A. I was running 1:43's. My car has 1/2 the h.p, i'm only 150lbs lighter. Driver mod FTW.
It feels nice. End.
Damnn...Ian be rolling out in RA...:goodjob:

Jason..
07-22-2008, 11:34 AM
Was this before or after you got knocked out?

Tech5
07-22-2008, 11:35 AM
DAYUM!

DirtyMechanic
07-22-2008, 02:53 PM
Was this before or after you got knocked out?this was before sometime last week. he got knocked out saturday night. i believe.

DieselNuts
07-22-2008, 03:15 PM
Thacker got delt with the night after this race.