PDA

View Full Version : gauge problem

b16ftw
07-18-2008, 11:39 PM
ok so... none of the gauges on my 98 nissan frontier work. :(

anybody have any idea why this could be? any fuses i don't know about? :thinking:

or if i do have to replace the whole gauge cluster does anyone know of a cheap place to order one? i checked with the local nissan dealership and they were sayin $570.. wtf!

reps to anyone with help. :goodjob:

Humphrizzle
07-18-2008, 11:41 PM
check ebay for the gauge cluster. or call some auto junkyard to see if they have anything.. if there's anything around here i'll check for you and get it when i go to the junkyard next time i go.

slostang
07-18-2008, 11:43 PM
check all the fuses & relays

BABY J
07-18-2008, 11:58 PM
1998 is the worst year for gauge problems... log onto the forums for your vehicle - there is LOTS of activity there. Also there will be people parting them out.

suprapower
07-19-2008, 05:10 AM
yeah delaerships tend to jack your dough when you need replacement parts. i stay away from them usually. but junkyards would be your best bet.

AnthonyF
07-19-2008, 10:40 AM
check ebay for the gauge cluster. or call some auto junkyard to see if they have anything.. if there's anything around here i'll check for you and get it when i go to the junkyard next time i go.Why would he replace it? Try to fix the problem before wasting money.

1998 is the worst year for gauge problems... log onto the forums for your vehicle - there is LOTS of activity there. Also there will be people parting them out.Exactly. You might have a short. Check the TSB's on ur truck.

-Ant.

BABY J
07-19-2008, 10:44 AM
For most of the Xterra's - it was a trailer harness that is improperlly tucked into the rear frame rail. Good luck.

AnthonyF
07-19-2008, 10:50 AM
For most of the Xterra's - it was a trailer harness that is improperlly tucked into the rear frame rail. Good luck.I heard something like this with another vehicle...cant remember which one. We had it in the shop, weird ass problem..

-Ant.

Echonova
07-19-2008, 11:55 AM
I heard something like this with another vehicle...cant remember which one. We had it in the shop, weird ass problem..

-Ant.X-runner?

Got Milk?
07-19-2008, 12:58 PM
I have a similar problem with my boost gauge. Some times it would hit up to 5 psi, and some time it would not move at all. I believe i have to replace the boost gauge line, but somehow i don't have time to do it.

AnthonyF
07-19-2008, 01:13 PM
^totally different problem. This is the factory instrument cluster. Not an aftermarket gauge.

-Ant.

b16ftw
07-20-2008, 09:58 PM
well i appreciate the feedback. i'm definitely gonna be looking around in different nissan forums for more imformation