PDA

View Full Version : LMFAO @ V8s : IMPORTS FTW

BABY J
07-18-2008, 10:37 AM
Who saw the POS 93 Mitsu Mirage drag those V8s all the way to the QUICK 4 last night on PINKS?

LOL

BABY J
07-18-2008, 10:41 AM
TOP 8 RUN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGAgCbw7dbI

TOP 4 RUN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBF7iwlRkas

Of course, the better view is from the actual producers of PINKS. Won't be long before it hits the tube, since it was only 1st aired last night.

Ran
07-18-2008, 10:43 AM
What did it have in it? Looks quick, but I'd drive that Nova before I'd drive a busted looking Mirage.

BABY J
07-18-2008, 10:44 AM
UP FOR VIDS:

It has AWD conversion from a DSM ---- that's all I know so far. And of course boost.

BABY J
07-18-2008, 10:47 AM
"Tom basically has it right. It has been converted to AWD using a GSX's drivetrain and I put a fully built 4g63-t in it. Turbo is from Forced Performance (model FP3052). The turbo can support over 500 wheel horsepower, but I had only tuned the car up to 18psi by the weekend of the show (probly about 300hp). I literally got the car "finished" the night before PINKS!"

Sport1.3
07-18-2008, 10:51 AM
makes sense then why he didnt burn out lol

pretty sick

EJ25RUN
07-18-2008, 10:54 AM
8 cylinder > 4 cylinder

physics says so.

Sport1.3
07-18-2008, 10:55 AM
8 cylinder > 4 cylinder

physics says so.

2500lbs >3500 lbs.. physics says so.

BABY J
07-18-2008, 10:57 AM
THE ONE THAT TOOK HIM OUT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNm3Ls1_uAY

On the PINKS footage they paid omage to him by showin Kevin's in-car camera as he girinded into 2nd and lost ground.

They went back to that view at the trap to see how hard he was pulling on the Ford at the top end. Even grinding 2nd, had he had another 6 inches he would have drove around the Ford.

Good stuff.

EJ25RUN
07-18-2008, 10:58 AM
2500lbs >3500 lbs.. physics says so.

is this relating to the vids posted with the civic/nova run?

Sport1.3
07-18-2008, 11:02 AM
is this relating to the vids posted with the civic/nova run?

the mirage you mean? i was just making a general statement relating to you v8 > 4 cylinder lol

BABY J
07-18-2008, 11:03 AM
It's actually on SPEEDTV as we speak!!! Ha ha.

EJ25RUN
07-18-2008, 11:05 AM
the mirage you mean? i was just making a general statement relating to you v8 > 4 cylinder lol

well i have a 4cylT. Im really becoming a diesel > gas guy in the grand scheme of things.

DieselNuts
07-18-2008, 11:14 AM
THE ONE THAT TOOK HIM OUT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNm3Ls1_uAY

On the PINKS footage they paid omage to him by showin Kevin's in-car camera as he girinded into 2nd and lost ground.

They went back to that view at the trap to see how hard he was pulling on the Ford at the top end. Even grinding 2nd, had he had another 6 inches he would have drove around the Ford.

Good stuff.
thus proving that V8>I4

BABY J
07-18-2008, 11:25 AM
^^ Wrong.

Proves that shifting > not-shifting

PS:

http://www.turbomagazine.com/features/0408tur_lexus_turbo_soarer_jdm/index.html

This RHD Toyota Soarer (authentic) got knocked out after his 1st pass. BOOOOO

EJ25RUN
07-18-2008, 11:37 AM
^^ Wrong.

Proves that shifting > not-shifting

PS:

BABY j = Thinks drag racing means anything when it comes to driver skill.

BABY J
07-18-2008, 11:41 AM
BABY j = Thinks drag racing means anything when it comes to driver skill.

When you are comparing the fish that are in the same pond it does. When you compare drag racers to drag racers then driver skill DOES matter. But I bet that JUST by your post your argument is comparing drag racers to road-course guys.:rolleyes:

And furthermore, you can't argue w/ missing a shift when it's on video.

Thank you. You lose again. NEXT.

AnthonyF
07-18-2008, 11:45 AM
DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved every second of that!!

-Ant.

Nemesis
07-18-2008, 11:47 AM
It aint shttt if it aint got a V8.

/end mullet talk

BABY J
07-18-2008, 11:50 AM
LOL @ JORGY PORGY

Sport1.3
07-18-2008, 11:55 AM
well i have a 4cylT. Im really becoming a diesel > gas guy in the grand scheme of things.

i would rock the fvck out of some biodiesel right now :D

EJ25RUN
07-18-2008, 11:56 AM
When you are comparing the fish that are in the same pond it does. When you compare drag racers to drag racers then driver skill DOES matter. But I bet that JUST by your post your argument is comparing drag racers to road-course guys.:rolleyes:

And furthermore, you can't argue w/ missing a shift when it's on video.

Thank you. You lose again. NEXT.

LOL ok i guess whatever.

I just dont get all excited when some guy can show skill for 12 secs. In fact, drag racing really is a bore to me unless the cars are 8 secs or better. Obviously street cars are eliminated at that point. But i feel real drag racing has to be done on a pro tree and its all about r/t over anything else. I hate seeing these turbo imports at the track that see green and spend another 3 secs spooling. That's a bunch of B.S.

BABY J
07-18-2008, 12:02 PM
LOL ok i guess whatever.

I just dont get all excited when some guy can show skill for 12 secs. In fact, drag racing really is a bore to me unless the cars are 8 secs or better. Obviously street cars are eliminated at that point. But i feel real drag racing has to be done on a pro tree and its all about r/t over anything else. I hate seeing these turbo imports at the track that see green and spend another 3 secs spooling. That's a bunch of B.S.

I autox'd my Spec V when it was stock - and you know what, I could go into a corner slow and then "make up" for it later. I had time to push harder to compensate for an earlier mistake. W/ drag racing, you have ONE SHOT to be right. U blow the launch - in most cases your're done. Questionable shift - DONE. You have to plug EVERYTHING the 1st time...no "fixing it the next turn." Does autox compare to a real road race - H3LL no, but you see what I mean. Is that a knock on road-course guys? Not at all - they are good at what they do. But to say that there is no skill required in drag is an understatement.

Like you - I think that the pro-tree is King though - I agree.

EJ25RUN
07-18-2008, 12:10 PM
I autox'd my Spec V when it was stock - and you know what, I could go into a corner slow and then "make up" for it later. I had time to push harder to compensate for an earlier mistake. W/ drag racing, you have ONE SHOT to be right. U blow the launch - in most cases your're done. Questionable shift - DONE. You have to plug EVERYTHING the 1st time...no "fixing it the next turn." Does autox compate to a real road race - H3LL no, but you see what I mean. Is that a knock on road-course guys? Not at all - they are good at what they do. But to say that there is no skill in drag is an understatement.

Like you - I think that the pro-tree is King though - I agree.

I see, i was just throwin a cheap shot anyway. Sorry i was bored. :tongue1:

Anyway, yeah about the one shot in drag racing. Put it like this, my STI runs 13s and obvisously that's not all that quick. To add, when im in the car, i feel like im not all that involved. It goes staight with no issue and i feel like i can just relax between shifts. If i was in a 9 sec Mustang, even if it has a two speed. IM DRIVING!. Its kicking the whole time as im steering to keep it straight. That's drag racing. 1: the game at the light and the other to control it down the track. The closest a car in our range can do is like a short wheelbase late 70's corolla or starlet as they shake the entire way down the strip.

BABY J
07-18-2008, 09:58 PM
saul goode homey! :)

slostang
07-18-2008, 10:40 PM
i loved that paint job

BABY J
07-19-2008, 12:27 AM
Has the actual PINKS footage made it to the tube yet?

BABY J
07-19-2008, 07:43 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtUmJrW6fLU

redrumracer
07-19-2008, 07:09 PM
Who saw the POS 93 Mitsu Mirage drag those V8s all the way to the QUICK 4 last night on PINKS?

LOL
did it win?? if not then whats this all about?

Tech5
07-19-2008, 07:13 PM
now that is a VID!

Lucky DAWG
07-19-2008, 07:14 PM
What did it have in it? Looks quick, but I'd drive that Nova before I'd drive a busted looking Mirage.

I agree.

congratulations your car is fast.

Its still a busted looking POS

Much rather own the Nova even if it is slower
I'm not saying 8 cylinder > 4 cyliner or 4 cylinder > 8 cylinder, just that the Mirage is hideous

BABY J
07-19-2008, 07:19 PM
did it win?? if not then whats this all about?

No - but it represented VERY well in a 12.0 class --- arguably only losing b/c of a gear grind. There were over 60 cars in that class and he made it to the big show (quick 16) and then to the top 4 in a class dominated by cars pulling 1.5 adn 1.6 60 fts. Whether you like imports or domestics, I'd say that was a job well done for a college student who couldn't afford paint. :)

Gutling
07-19-2008, 07:22 PM
or a evo lol

Tech5
07-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Mirage!!!!!!http://theducks.org/pictures/do-not-want-dog.jpg