PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok for ANYONE to use the "N" Word

Vteckidd
07-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Im sure this has been talked about before, but i thought i would bring it up again.

Apparently on THE VIEW this morning , Whoopi Goldberg and Star Jones got into it with the Elizabeth Hasselbeck girl over the use of the "n" word.

Whoopi and Star were claiming that it was fine for blacks to use it because its "their" word and to them it has a totally different meaning than a white person using it.

Elizabeths view was that the "black community" complains about inequality and racism, yet they want to seperate themselves an be "UNEQUAL" and use a word that is inherently racist in itself. How can people move on and inprove race relations if they want to keep using words that promote such issues.

What are your thoughts?

My personal view is that the "N" word is derogatory and anyone that uses it is ignorant and an idiot. You cant complain that you get treated unequally if you are going to sit there and create ways to BE DIFFERENT.

that would be like saying wearing black shirts is wrong, but its ok if me and my friends where black shirts, just not you an your people.

Whoopi went on to say that she lives in a different world than other poeple and its racist etc. GIVE ME A BREAK. shes a MILLIONAIRE an its easy to play the race card when you are sitting in your mansion in the hills with your private tour bus and limo carting you around.

I really think that for people to encourage the use of the N word in pop culture, music, movies, tv, etc it just promotes division.

mocha latte cupcake
07-17-2008, 09:54 PM
i don't see a problem with it unless their is hate in the use of it. i say it all the time with alot of my black friends, there is no cause for concern b/c they know that i'm not telling them something in a hurtful or racise manner, its just how we've become that its "no one's word" because if it was that big of a deal NO ONE should say it, yet if my friends tell me they are cool with it then why not. i don't use it around some people out of respect but more so b/c those are the people that i haven't either known and they would probably take offense OR the fact that they themselves are racist and i can see it being an issue (even though it would be a double standard) thats my 2 pennies worth

redrumracer
07-17-2008, 09:54 PM
that word(any word really) is only a word that has power by the people that give it power and meaning.

Buttons
07-17-2008, 10:02 PM
i'm not saying who, but a certain member laughed at me when i was telling him about the hurt that this word has caused. i even directed him to:

http://www.abolishthenword.com/

there is so much history behind the word and for someone to use it in manner to mean nothing, it's horrible. that's a very helpful and great site.

RandomGuy
07-17-2008, 10:04 PM
does this thread have anything to do with my IM lmfao

tron
07-17-2008, 10:04 PM
Im sure this has been talked about before, but i thought i would bring it up again.

Apparently on THE VIEW this morning , Whoopi Goldberg and Star Jones got into it with the Elizabeth Hasselbeck girl over the use of the "n" word.

Whoopi and Star were claiming that it was fine for blacks to use it because its "their" word and to them it has a totally different meaning than a white person using it.

Elizabeths view was that the "black community" complains about inequality and racism, yet they want to seperate themselves an be "UNEQUAL" and use a word that is inherently racist in itself. How can people move on and inprove race relations if they want to keep using words that promote such issues.

What are your thoughts?

My personal view is that the "N" word is derogatory and anyone that uses it is ignorant and an idiot. You cant complain that you get treated unequally if you are going to sit there and create ways to BE DIFFERENT.

that would be like saying wearing black shirts is wrong, but its ok if me and my friends where black shirts, just not you an your people.

Whoopi went on to say that she lives in a different world than other poeple and its racist etc. GIVE ME A BREAK. shes a MILLIONAIRE an its easy to play the race card when you are sitting in your mansion in the hills with your private tour bus and limo carting you around.

I really think that for people to encourage the use of the N word in pop culture, music, movies, tv, etc it just promotes division.

ok i agree with you 95% but what i dont agree with is being treated equally and being different are 2 completly seprate things. i mean im sure u dont want to look and be like everyone around if you do then your a tool.
and fyi i didnt read your entire post i just had to address the 1st sentence before i did

tron
07-17-2008, 10:05 PM
that word(any word really) is only a word that has power by the people that give it power and meaning.

QFT

tony
07-17-2008, 10:09 PM
I see both sides of the coin so its hard to have an opinion, it was something I used to do in high school and I'm sure when I see my childhood best friend next week I'll say it again.

Its really hard to explain and difficult to understand if you haven't been in that environment to see the term as something other than derogatory. What I cannot stand is being out in public and some ignorass is loud as hell spewing "***** this, ***** that." Its annoying..

I don't cringe when I listen to Nas or Kanye use the term, its just interpreted different in the black community.. does that make it right? No it is hypocrticall, but it's just dialect to most that use it.. no different than you calling your friend a "dumb ass" yeah thats vulgar when used with someone you are not familiar but with that friend its just how you talk.

Don't feel like I'm making a great deal of sense here but I hope I got my point across.

NewGen33
07-17-2008, 10:16 PM
This is how I see it...
You have black people then you have n1ggas and or ghetto black people.
You have whites then you have white trash and so fourth with every race. If you want to lable a person as a n1gga or whatever else. I'm in the younger bracket of the group on here and I can tell you for a fact white kids and other non black races are picking it up as a cool slang word as they do a lot of other things. For instance you can see one talk to another and be like hey n1g you never called me or Aight n1g later. I notice that in Washington state there is a big white gangster thug life trend going on. I saw one of my old friends recently who had been living there and he's all into that. :rolleyes: Based on the origin of the word I don't think anyone should use it or would want to but it will never go away. Put any wrapper out there on mtv, myspace, or another mainstream network and it can become cool, acceptable and desired to use or act upon. 0.02

Doppelgänger
07-17-2008, 10:19 PM
I think as long as people feel the need to discuss it rather than just let it go, it will be considered taboo.

Vteckidd
07-17-2008, 10:28 PM
I was just curious how some other poeple see it being used.

I personally dont have a problem with other people using it, it doesnt infuriate me, but what bothers me is the use of it by CERTAIN people and then in the next sentence they complain about how bad our society is.

I mean how can Kanye criticize Imus when he uses the EXACT same hatefull racist words.

that is my problem.

Like i guess the issue i see is that a black person can tell me that im not allowed to use the word, its disrespectfull, racist, etc. Then they turn around and use the EXACT SAME WORD like it means nothing.

I think its just a hypocritical thing to do.

See white people dont go around calling each other whitey, or honkey, or white trash, or redneck. None that i know at least do that.

I really feel the blame falls with these ass hat celebrities (like Star Jones and Goldberg and others) that push this equal but seperate societys.

thecrazyone
07-17-2008, 10:32 PM
IMO stupid topic, freedom of speech/

but really who cares, if no one took offense to the word it wouldnt mean a damn thing.

black people are the ones keeping the word alive.

Alan®
07-17-2008, 10:41 PM
I see both sides of the coin so its hard to have an opinion, it was something I used to do in high school and I'm sure when I see my childhood best friend next week I'll say it again.

Its really hard to explain and difficult to understand if you haven't been in that environment to see the term as something other than derogatory. What I cannot stand is being out in public and some ignorass is loud as hell spewing "***** this, ***** that." Its annoying..

I don't cringe when I listen to Nas or Kanye use the term, its just interpreted different in the black community.. does that make it right? No it is hypocrticall, but it's just dialect to most that use it.. no different than you calling your friend a "dumb ass" yeah thats vulgar when used with someone you are not familiar but with that friend its just how you talk.

Don't feel like I'm making a great deal of sense here but I hope I got my point across.
Nah you made sense lol. I understand what you mean. I'm white actually believed the same thing as mike for a long time but my best friend growing up was black and he is the only person that when he calls I will actually pick up the phone and answer "what up n1gga". Like you I see both sides of the coin and find it annoying the same way you do when it's thrown around losely out in public like it's any other word in the english language. I can understand using it with friends but out in public show a little class and respect for yourself. I think ultimately though redrumracer has it right but at the same time i see where mike is coming from.

Vteckidd
07-17-2008, 10:45 PM
it's just dialect to most that use it.. no different than you calling your friend a "dumb ass" yeah thats vulgar when used with someone you are not familiar but with that friend its just how you talk.

But my problem with that is you can call me a "dumb ass" and i can call you a "dumb ass" and its ok.

If you call me a ****** or a *****, and i call it to you back, ill end up on the 6o'clock news for a hate crime.

Make sense?

RandomGuy
07-17-2008, 11:07 PM
that double standard has been around for the longest, its not going away lawl

Blitanicle99
07-17-2008, 11:17 PM
In my opinion, if you are offended by the word N1GGER then you truely are one and are that derogatory racial term.

Flip the picture over. I am white, and I think the common word is "cracker" or "cracka" for white people.

And both words have history. N1GGER has the slave history, however as does the word "Cracker"... If you didn't catch on, slaves would call their white masters "Crackas" as in whip crackers.

Im not offended by the word, actually theres not much you can say that I am offended by. I think its hilarious. I think racism should be taken much less serious, and just laugh a little about it.

Two Examples: First off, ever notice in europe that no one has to be politically correct? As in you can say "Retard" in public or "N1GGER" and no one gets offended?

Second, and lets be honest here... If you say N1GGER in a restaraunt and you are around black people, someone who is black will probably make a notion to it, say something you never know. However, again flip the situation around and a black person says "Cracka" or something similiar... Do you think anyone is gonna care? No. Because white people don't give a crap about insults unless they are from Alabama and you say something about F***ing their sister or talk **** about Nascar.

But when it all comes down to it, and when you really think about it, considering every angle, and this is not just my personal opinion, because contrary to what you believe, ITS A F*CKING WORD. GET OVER IT.

Did I make my point clear? lol

Please. People reply and don't hold back. And that means ALL RACES. That means you white people... and you black people... and hell mexican/latinos **** it come on post up.

Vteckidd
07-17-2008, 11:21 PM
Again , the problem i have is not the word itself, but merely that attitude of the poeple that use it.

the double standard if you will

Blitanicle99
07-17-2008, 11:27 PM
Again , the problem i have is not the word itself, but merely that attitude of the poeple that use it.

Oh I completely understand on the attitue issue. Its such a HUGE deal and the race card can be pulled at any time whenever need be. It gets old...

JITB
07-18-2008, 12:32 AM
If you were raised to respect others... it will never be a issue in your life.

You wont ever hear me spittin racial **** to anyone regardless of waht they say to me. Because you don know who you might offend.

I will never try to tell anyone else what not to get offended by, So i cant understand how anyone can tell others what they should be mad at. I know people that will flip out if you call them "fools" or anything out their name. Just because somethign doesnt bother you doesnt mean that it shouldnt bother anyone else. That is my problem with the whole thing. everyone has something that will make them snap.. its true, its human nature. People dont know how to be respectful or considerate to other people anymore.

BABY J
07-18-2008, 12:41 AM
If you were raised to respect others... it will never be a issue in your life.

You wont ever hear me spittin racial **** to anyone regardless of waht they say to me. Because you don know who you might offend.

I will never try to tell anyone else what not to get offended by, So i cant understand how anyone can tell others what they should be mad at. I know people that will flip out if you call them "fools" or anything out their name. Just because somethign doesnt bother you doesnt mean that it shouldnt bother anyone else. That is my problem with the whole thing. everyone has something that will make them snap.. its true, its human nature. People dont know how to be respectful or considerate to other people anymore.

You are the bomb. Wow. AMAZING. It's like... you have... like a BRAIN inside of your head.... and you're also like USING it and sh*t. That's crazy. How are you doing that thing that you're doing - that thing called "making sense"? I don't see that too often - please share that trick w/ every1. :cheers:

quickdodge®
07-18-2008, 12:46 AM
I would never use the word. I'm with black folks much more than I am with white. I have all my life. I've often been referred to as having been "accepted" into the black community. I've been to black churches many, many times. Not to mention having a black/mixed daughter. I can't tell you how many times I've been referred to as black and I call myself the "white guy that thinks he's black."

I think it's stupid as hail and ridiculous looking to see some stupid white "wannabes" calling each other ni66as. I don't even think they realize how stupid they look when they do it. Same when I see some "hardcore" white dude hanging around black folks and using the term. Still ridiculous looking.

Later, QD.

JITB
07-18-2008, 12:48 AM
You are the bomb. Wow. AMAZING. It's like... you have... like a BRAIN inside of your head.... and you're also like USING it and sh*t. That's crazy. How are you doing that thing that you're doing - that thing called "making sense"? I don't see that too often - please share that trick w/ every1. :cheers:

:lmfao: :lmfao: Some people like to justify everything, for something else. When it comes down to its wrong....and offensive, so let it go. Of all the words in the english language, people want to justify using words that we all know doesnt ever make anything better.

Thighs
07-18-2008, 01:07 AM
the way i see it, it shouldnt be a problem as long as there is no hate or derogatory meaning in its usage. saying "fuk you n1gga?" and saying "fuk you n1gger" are two different things, even though i said the same word. see what im saying? its all about the meaning behind it.

for the record, im a skinny white kid and i hate hearing people make ignorant, racist statements towards any race in a serious manner. im tired of race making a difference in judgement of a person.

sounds like whoopi goldberg and star jones are a little racist themselves. whats so different about separate standards of things like this and separate bathrooms? yes, they may be on two totally different levels, but segregation is segregation. the end.

JITB
07-18-2008, 01:13 AM
the way i see it, it shouldnt be a problem as long as there is no hate or derogatory meaning in its usage. saying "fuk you n1gga?" and saying "fuk you n1gger" are two different things, even though i said the same word. see what im saying? its all about the meaning behind it.

for the record, im a skinny white kid and i hate hearing people make ignorant, racist statements towards any race in a serious manner. im tired of race making a difference in judgement of a person.

sounds like whoopi goldberg and star jones are a little racist themselves. whats so different about separate standards of things like this and separate bathrooms? yes, they may be on two totally different levels, but segregation is segregation. the end.

lol OH it makes sense now..

so if i walk up to your mother and say "suck my ****" its bad

But if i say "suck my penis please"

its all good..

Thighs
07-18-2008, 01:28 AM
lol OH it makes sense now..

so if i walk up to your mother and say "suck my ****" its bad

But if i say "suck my penis please"

its all good..

no. because the meaning behind both of those is negative. (well, i guess that depends on what end of the statement you're on, but you get my point.)

are you saying that if 2 friends are sitting around and one makes fun of the other (with good intentions) and the other replies with "fvck you n1gga", you would be offended the same as if some fat redneck walked up to a black guy on the street and said "fvck you n1gger"?

JITB
07-18-2008, 01:50 AM
no. because the meaning behind both of those is negative. (well, i guess that depends on what end of the statement you're on, but you get my point.)

are you saying that if 2 friends are sitting around and one makes fun of the other (with good intentions) and the other replies with "fvck you n1gga", you would be offended the same as if some fat redneck walked up to a black guy on the street and said "fvck you n1gger"?

thats not what im going against, im going against.. the point when people justify it by saying.. well "they say it why cant i".

that scenario you wrote is amongst friends...and which it cannot be explained!

81911SC
07-18-2008, 02:08 AM
Nobody here was a slave. Quit bitching about the past. You blacks keep it around and promote it but God forbid a white man does it.

BABY J
07-18-2008, 02:10 AM
Why would a white man WANT to use it is a better question.

JITB
07-18-2008, 02:17 AM
Nobody here was a slave. Quit bitching about the past. You blacks keep it around and promote it but God forbid a white man does it.

what is a "blacks"?

81911SC
07-18-2008, 02:22 AM
Why would a white man WANT to use it is a better question.Why would you? Lets use a degrading name whites call us and make it our own thing, but if they use it. :2up:
If you call us crackers, we don't care cause your well....LOL Will get bant for that one.

MongolPup
07-18-2008, 03:10 AM
I don't really want to weigh in on this right now, I just wanted to congratulate the gentlemen on the first page and the start of the second for insightful, level headed reasoning, no matter what their conclusion was.

Good thread Mike.

stephen
07-18-2008, 04:40 AM

"double-standard" exist everwhere man...it's human nature. i'm not sure if you have siblings or not, but i remember as a child, me and my little sister (she's 3yrs younger than me) would tease each other and fight all the time...but we'd never let anyone else tease or fight the other one. you're probably thinking "that's different, that's family" but sometimes black people tend to "relate" to other black people like family. think about it, a famous term for a black man is "a brother." i'm not saying it's right, i'm just saying...double standards are a part of life. none of us were alive in the 1800s, but we all LEARNED what it meant when a WHITE man stepped out on his porch and called to all "his ***.gers." that being the case, how can you not "understand" a black person's reaction now when a WHITE man steps out onto the streets, and tries to call to all "his ***.gers?"

and much like a lot of other black people out there, i can't stand to hear another black person just use it over and over and over again.

ShooterMcGavin
07-18-2008, 07:01 AM

What are your thoughts?

1) i hope you were watching a rerun bc i cannot otherwise believe they're still talking about this retarded ass bs

2) so long as black ppl hang on to the word n_gger and all other slang forms of it, and recognize ppl of their skin color as such, then EVERYONE will cling to it

Ed
07-18-2008, 07:12 AM

qft.

black people sometimes are retarded.

i saw a video about obama the other day, and obama was giving an interview, and he was referring to a white woman and he said "a typical white woman," but if cain said was referring to a black person and said "a typical black person" his campain would be over. that's just ****ing retarded, you wanna be equal then be equal, dont go off on your own racism just because your great great grandfather was a slave.

speaking of slavery, reparations is another lazy way of using the govt for them.

ps. i dont hate black ppl. i have a lot of black friends.

BABY J
07-18-2008, 07:29 AM
^^

PEOPLE are sometimes retarded. NOT just black people. And what other way is there to say "a typical white woman" when you are indeed referring to a "typical white woman"? LOL. Newcasters say it ALL the time when referring to who Hillary brought to the polls. Again - that's just b*tches being too sensitive.

I personally don't give a sh*t either way. But IMO, Imus HAD to know he was f*ckin w/ his meal ticket when he said what he said. PERIOD. And THAT'S why he said it b/c he's a sensationalist. So, the average Joe needs to ALSO know that he may be f*ckin w/ his dental insurance if he drops the N bomb in public.

White America just can't fathom the fact that there is SOMETHING on the planet that they don't have 100% access too and it f*cks them up - it's just that simple. "Oh look - the Indians have America, let's go 'discover' it and call it ours. OH SNAP - Africa is PACKED w/ diamonds, rubies, gold - let's go get it!!" LOL. I mean SH*T - you f*ckers created the word and it got "taken" from you and you can't adjust. No matter how stupid I think the word is (and I do)... it's one that the hip-hop community has taken and CHANGED THE MEANING TO when they use it. I can understand that --- you should too. Does Eminem use it in lyrics? No. So why the H*LL would you think Joe Q. Public could?

willum14pb
07-18-2008, 07:37 AM
The real question is, why the **** were you watching the view?

BABY J
07-18-2008, 07:39 AM
The real question is, why the **** were you watching the view?

DING DING DING!!! LOL:D

Ed
07-18-2008, 07:40 AM
^^

PEOPLE are sometimes retarded. NOT just black people. And what other way is there to say "a typical white woman" when you are indeed referring to a "typical white woman"?

I agree, but is there a way to say something about a typical black person, without sounding racist? Because we all know if a white person said that, most black people would get all defensive and start calling them racist? my point is not that he said that, my point is that sometimes black peolpe wanna be treated equally but they themselves are sometimes even more racist.

I mean SH*T - you f*ckers created the word and it got "taken" from you and you can't adjust. No matter how stupid I think the word is (and I do)... it's one that the hip-hop community has taken and CHANGED THE MEANING TO when they use it. I can understand that --- you should too. Does Eminem use it in lyrics? No. So why the H*LL would you think Joe Q. Public could?

i didnt create the word, im not from america. :D

a word is a word, you cant change the meaning to it. you can all agree that it is not derogatory when said to each other, but deep deep down, everyone knows that that's what the word is.

eminem doesn't use it because he knows if he did, he would get raped. he'd get sued to hell, and probably get raped literally too. Joe Q. Public can use it because just as you said, he's not a media persona, he's just regular Joe Public.

Ed
07-18-2008, 07:41 AM
DING DING DING!!! LOL:D

hahaha. i didn't even see that. that's a good question... :D

BABY J
07-18-2008, 07:42 AM
^^ I think you are personalizing it - I am not talking directly to you Homey. LOL

Ed
07-18-2008, 07:44 AM
^^ I think you are personalizing it - I am not talking directly to you Homey. LOL

thats cool. im not butthurt over it, im just trying to have an intelligent debate. you seem pretty cool in my books... :D

willum14pb
07-18-2008, 07:44 AM
Mikes boyfriend rolled over and woke him up "honey, the views on" :gay:

"OOO I LOVE THAT STAR JONES, AND THAT WHOOPI, WHAT A WOMAN!"

p.s. just ****in with you mike. I agree with you totally, i think it's ridiculous to use the word, especially when black people use it all day on eachother and then when we say it's different. I remember in 7th grade we had a class discussion over this, and i had alot of black friends, and they said to my teacher " well if my boy over there came up and was like sup *****?!" i'd be like what up man, but if that random white boy over there did it, i'd get pissed. It's a friends thing most of them put it. If yo u know them well enough, they don't care.. but if you don't know them, it's derogitory.. even if it's another black person.. at least some of them are that way. I really don't know, it seems each person has a different take on it, i just think it should be outlawed all together, or just used as it's real definition an ignorant person, and not racial at all.. but it's history will not allow that. so BAN that ****. :cheers:

Ed
07-18-2008, 07:45 AM
Mikes boyfriend rolled over and woke him up "honey, the views on" :gay:

"OOO I LOVE THAT STAR JONES, AND THAT WHOOPI, WHAT A WOMAN!"

:eek: reps

David88vert
07-18-2008, 07:45 AM
Why do people have such thin skins?
Do you realize that people have the right to be racist and can express that pretty much any way that want? It's completely legal.
You have the power to ignore ignorant comments. Their use of a word or statement can only matter to you if you value their opinion.
Grow a thicker skin. Human nature is derogatory - and legally they can call you whatever they want. Why on earth would you let it bother you? Grow up people.

blackboi50
07-18-2008, 07:49 AM
ok so im gonna put my word in on it!!!!!........

i am probably the most open-minded person on earth:D......but even when i hear a black person say "ill hit u up nigg@" or "iight nigg@".....the hairs on my back stand up!!!!!..........

I DUNNO WHY BECAUSE I DIDNT GO THROUGH SLAVERY!!!!

theres only been on two occasions when ive heard a white person say [email protected] dont hear it all that much in public!!!.........my neighbor was repeating a scene from the dave chapelle show and i was at a party and this whit chick was like u my ***!!!!!...........for some reason that didnt even bother me

if some old country fack came out of his rusted truck and said "hey nigg@" i would be like uhhhhhhh :wtf:........

bottomline is i stopped using the word prolly after 11th grade because ive heard from white people it makes them feel uncomfortable.......ive been in uncomfortable situations so i know and i dont use it.....

ITS 2008 AND IF A WHITE DUDE MY AGE WAS 2 BE LIKE "WASSUP NIGG@" im not gonna sweat it ill prolly just say wassup

Final note: there is no way in hell u can compare the word cracker to n!gger!!!!........1

willum14pb
07-18-2008, 07:51 AM
Why do people have such thin skins?
Do you realize that people have the right to be racist and can express that pretty much any way that want? It's completely legal.
You have the power to ignore ignorant comments. Their use of a word or statement can only matter to you if you value their opinion.
Grow a thicker skin. Human nature is derogatory - and legally they can call you whatever they want. Why on earth would you let it bother you? Grow up people.

Yea, in a sense, everyone needs to stop getting so damn butt hurt over WORDS. They are AFTER ALL WORDS. They have no bearing on your life, your mental health, or your physical health. So really.. who gives a ****? Someone could say whatever the hell they want t o me and i won't get mad. You could come up the most random person ever that i've never met and be like "i ****ed your mom and you're a stupid chink eyed ***** ******." And i'd just laugh. I just think the reason it's still such a problem is because parents can't let go of it.. and they teach that it's such a horrible thing in school. If we never knew that ****** was a racist term, and we just thought it means "an ignorant person" which it is defined as, it wouldn't be a big deal.. The US makes this a problem with everyone and every age group because they refuse to let go of racism. It's entertainment i guess?

Ed
07-18-2008, 07:52 AM
You could come up the most random person ever that i've never met and be like "i ****ed your mom and you're a stupid chink eyed ***** ******."

does this mean you're a chink? :D jk

blackboi50
07-18-2008, 07:52 AM
Yea, in a sense, everyone needs to stop getting so damn butt hurt over WORDS. They are AFTER ALL WORDS. They have no bearing on your life, your mental health, or your physical health. So really.. who gives a ****? Someone could say whatever the hell they want t o me and i won't get mad. You could come up the most random person ever that i've never met and be like "i ****ed your mom and you're a stupid chink eyed ***** ******." And i'd just laugh. I just think the reason it's still such a problem is because parents can't let go of it.. and they teach that it's such a horrible thing in school. If we never knew that ****** was a racist term, and we just thought it means "an ignorant person" which it is defined as, it wouldn't be a big deal.. The US makes this a problem with everyone and every age group because they refuse to let go of racism. It's entertainment i guess?

i wish it could be like that but it would still take me some time to get used to it!!!!!..........1

willum14pb
07-18-2008, 07:54 AM
does this mean you're a chink? :D jk

WTF YOU STUPID ASS ****ING NGGR ****ING **** YOU!!!!!:2up::2up::2up::2up:

:runs off crying: :cry:

Ed
07-18-2008, 07:58 AM
WTF YOU STUPID ASS ****ING NGGR ****ING **** YOU!!!!!:2up::2up::2up::2up:

:runs off crying: :cry:

:D

willum14pb
07-18-2008, 08:00 AM
:D

:cheers:

MistaCee
07-18-2008, 08:21 AM
I was just curious how some other poeple see it being used.

I personally dont have a problem with other people using it, it doesnt infuriate me, but what bothers me is the use of it by CERTAIN people and then in the next sentence they complain about how bad our society is.

I mean how can Kanye criticize Imus when he uses the EXACT same hatefull racist words.

that is my problem.

Like i guess the issue i see is that a black person can tell me that im not allowed to use the word, its disrespectfull, racist, etc. Then they turn around and use the EXACT SAME WORD like it means nothing.

I think its just a hypocritical thing to do.

See white people dont go around calling each other whitey, or honkey, or white trash, or redneck. None that i know at least do that.

I really feel the blame falls with these ass hat celebrities (like Star Jones and Goldberg and others) that push this equal but seperate societys.

I agree with the hypocritical part. Not saying I've never used the word, but I cut out using it. If your going to complain about inequality and promote it at the same time whats the use?

I've known plenty of white people that call themselves white trash etc. Hell there's even a person around here in Conyers that has a lifted truck sporting '' White Trash" in big letters on his front windshield.

blackboi50
07-18-2008, 08:29 AM
I agree with the hypocritical part. Not saying I've never used the word, but I cut out using it. If your going to complain about inequality and promote it at the same time whats the use?

I've known plenty of white people that call themselves white trash etc. Hell there's even a person around here in Conyers that has a lifted truck sporting '' White Trash" in big letters on his front windshield.

ill be damned the day i see a car with a big as$ decal that says nigg@!!!!!!......cmon now!!!!............1

Vteckidd
07-18-2008, 08:51 AM
Why would a white man WANT to use it is a better question.
a long time ago white men DID use it, and it was wrong then. ANd its wrong now.

:)

Vteckidd
07-18-2008, 08:52 AM
1) i hope you were watching a rerun bc i cannot otherwise believe they're still talking about this retarded ass bs

2) so long as black ppl hang on to the word n_gger and all other slang forms of it, and recognize ppl of their skin color as such, then EVERYONE will cling to it
It happened yesterday morning , and i saw a highlight of it on Fox News.

I couldnt find the youtube yet

Vteckidd
07-18-2008, 08:56 AM
^^

PEOPLE are sometimes retarded. NOT just black people. And what other way is there to say "a typical white woman" when you are indeed referring to a "typical white woman"? LOL. Newcasters say it ALL the time when referring to who Hillary brought to the polls. Again - that's just b*tches being too sensitive.

I personally don't give a sh*t either way. But IMO, Imus HAD to know he was f*ckin w/ his meal ticket when he said what he said. PERIOD. And THAT'S why he said it b/c he's a sensationalist. So, the average Joe needs to ALSO know that he may be f*ckin w/ his dental insurance if he drops the N bomb in public.

White America just can't fathom the fact that there is SOMETHING on the planet that they don't have 100% access too and it f*cks them up - it's just that simple. "Oh look - the Indians have America, let's go 'discover' it and call it ours. OH SNAP - Africa is PACKED w/ diamonds, rubies, gold - let's go get it!!" LOL. I mean SH*T - you f*ckers created the word and it got "taken" from you and you can't adjust. No matter how stupid I think the word is (and I do)... it's one that the hip-hop community has taken and CHANGED THE MEANING TO when they use it. I can understand that --- you should too. Does Eminem use it in lyrics? No. So why the H*LL would you think Joe Q. Public could?

Ehh its a proven fact that the Africans were enslaving their own people long before we got there.

Hell even look at it today , Somalia, South Africa, hell pretty much anywhere in Africa hasnt changed in the last 500 years.

I dont think its a work white america wants to use. i think you are missing the point. The problem is that "BLACK AMERICA" rants and raves about injustice, racism, etc, yet IN THE SAME BREATH they turn around and say "we can call each other the most racist name in the book an you cant white boy".

DOesnt that PROMOTE division? DOesnt that PROMOTE racism in a way?

Thats MY point.

Ran
07-18-2008, 09:11 AM
i'm not saying who, but a certain member laughed at me when i was telling him about the hurt that this word has caused. i even directed him to:

http://www.abolishthenword.com/

there is so much history behind the word and for someone to use it in manner to mean nothing, it's horrible. that's a very helpful and great site.It's a word and anyone that gets offended by such words is f*cking stupid.

Nigger, Wop, Dyke, Fag, Kike, Chink, Guido, Cracker, Spic, ect...

Words. Nothing more than words. The argument that "it carries so much hate" is one I expect to hear from grade schoolers. It only carries the context that you yourself apply to it. Get over yourselves and quit getting your panties in a wad over a word.

Vteckidd
07-18-2008, 09:20 AM
sigh, still missing the point

ShooterMcGavin
07-18-2008, 09:22 AM
It's a word and anyone that gets offended by such words is f*cking stupid.

Nigger, Wop, Dyke, Fag, Kike, Chink, Guido, Cracker, Spic, ect...

Words. Nothing more than words. The argument that "it carries so much hate" is one I expect to hear from grade schoolers. It only carries the context that you yourself apply to it. Get over yourselves and quit getting your panties in a wad over a word.

way to oversimplify things...

Sport1.3
As a black person, i find it offensive

Ran
sigh, still missing the pointIf you're looking for an answer to "Does it promote divison?" then the obvious answer is "yes" because of the context that people hold it to.

way to oversimplify things...More like breaking down a stupid subject to it's fundamental level.

Blitanicle99
07-18-2008, 09:23 AM
It's a word and anyone that gets offended by such words is f*cking stupid.

Nigger, Wop, Dyke, Fag, Kike, Chink, Guido, Cracker, ect...

Ran, well said sir.

I completely agree.

Its a word. Everyone just have a laugh over it. Call what you want, anything and Im going to laugh at it.

For example, I heard a white joke one day and I find it ****ing hilarious.

What do you call a trailer full of white people?

..... A Box of crackas!

That **** cracks me up. Why? Because its true. Every race has that stereo typical group that seems ot make the face of that particular race.

For example... White people have the country, redneck, sister f*cking, dippin, gun tottin, truck drivin hokeys.

Black people have the ghetto, 10 kids, no job, living on welfare, robbing people every chance they get, N1ggas.

Latino/Spanish people have the no green card, low rider driving, chico with the mexi stash illegals.

Asain people have the book smart, glasses, they know kung fu and make straight As...

The list can go on for hours.

In truth, I am not some racist, dippin redneck that dips a can every hour.

In truth, black boi (I dont know you but just for example) doesnt slang coke to little kids, rob the liquor store daily or have a 18 page arrest record.

In truth, Ran (Weve met before) is not a short, nerdy, ninja. He is actually really tall lol

But seriously people, why would you be offended by a word if you are not that person?

Ed
07-18-2008, 09:25 AM
As a black person, i find it offensive

:lmfao:

blackboi50
07-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Ran, well said sir.

I completely agree.

Its a word. Everyone just have a laugh over it. Call what you want, anything and Im going to laugh at it.

For example, I heard a white joke one day and I find it ****ing hilarious.

What do you call a trailer full of white people?

..... A Box of crackas!

That **** cracks me up. Why? Because its true. Every race has that stereo typical group that seems ot make the face of that particular race.

For example... White people have the country, redneck, sister f*cking, dippin, gun tottin, truck drivin hokeys.

Black people have the ghetto, 10 kids, no job, living on welfare, robbing people every chance they get, N1ggas.

Latino/Spanish people have the no green card, low rider driving, chico with the mexi stash illegals.

Asain people have the book smart, glasses, they know kung fu and make straight As...

The list can go on for hours.

In truth, I am not some racist, dippin redneck that dips a can every hour.

In truth, black boi (I dont know you but just for example) doesnt slang coke to little kids, rob the liquor store daily or have a 18 page arrest record.

In truth, Ran (Weve met before) is not a short, nerdy, ninja. He is actually really tall lol

But seriously people, why would you be offended by a word if you are not that person?

hahhahha......thank you sirrrr!!!!:D:D.......u have been repped!!!!:goodjob:.....1

BABY J
07-18-2008, 09:33 AM
May be true Blitanicle99 ---

But I'm black and my d*ck is f*ckin HUGE!!

BABY J
07-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Ehh its a proven fact that the Africans were enslaving their own people long before we got there.

Hell even look at it today , Somalia, South Africa, hell pretty much anywhere in Africa hasnt changed in the last 500 years.

I dont think its a work white america wants to use. i think you are missing the point. The problem is that "BLACK AMERICA" rants and raves about injustice, racism, etc, yet IN THE SAME BREATH they turn around and say "we can call each other the most racist name in the book an you cant white boy".

DOesnt that PROMOTE division? DOesnt that PROMOTE racism in a way?

Thats MY point.

No, that's taking care of your own. I can beat up my little brother, but you can't. It's JUST that simple. People are territorial by nature... I can say "women are b*tches, ALL of them" and no1 cares. But if we are at dinner MIke and I look at your wife/mom/daughter and say "f*ck you B*TCH" you'd take me out back for a little 'conversation' that'd you'd lose miserably - LOL. But at least you'd try to defend your own - and it would be an emotional response. I am not saying that it's right - I am just telling you how the people that actually GIVE a sh*t about the N-bomb think about it.

Blitanicle99
07-18-2008, 09:38 AM
May be true Blitanicle99 ---

But I'm black and my d*ck is f*ckin HUGE!!

Weird, Im white and I have the same problem.

Vteckidd
No, that's taking care of your own. I can beat up my little brother, but you can't. It's JUST that simple. People are territorial by nature... I can say "women are b*tches, ALL of them" and no1 cares. But if we are at dinner MIke and I look at your wife/mom/daughter and say "f*ck you B*TCH" you'd take me out back for a little 'conversation' that'd you'd lose miserably - LOL. But at least you'd try to defend your own - and it would be an emotional response. I am not saying that it's right - I am just telling you how the people that actually GIVE a sh*t about the N-bomb think about it.

Im all for taking care of your own, i understand that. Thats called pride, not racism.

I see where you are coming from. Im not saying im right an you are wrong, i was just curious what other people had to say.

Tiff-O-Bitties
Cracka.

Sport1.3
07-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Cracka.

cracka ass cracka

quickdodge®
07-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Here's what I think on the subject:

I can see the "hypocrisy" theory on this. "We wanna be equal, but we're going to call ourselves a derogatory name that white people used on us but can't use anymore."

Here's my take now. What I think black folks did was took a word that white people used to degrade them and turned it around as a slang term for homeboy. In essence turning the "downgrade" into a regular term that the black person that uses it is proud to be a "ni66a." That's where the pride is found (from Baby J's post). "I'm black and I'm proud. I'm a ni66a and I'm proud. No matter what you've done to us (in the past and to some...now), I'm still proud to be that ni66a."

White kids that use the word use it to be "accepted" by black folks. They think it makes them look cooler and more gangster if they use it. "I listen to 50 Cent and say ni66a to my black friends so I'm straight G." Straight stupid is more like it.

There you have it. Later, QD.

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-18-2008, 09:47 AM
cracka ass cracka

dems fightin' words... :boxing:

blackboi50
07-18-2008, 09:48 AM
Im all for taking care of your own, i understand that. Thats called pride, not racism.

I see where you are coming from. Im not saying im right an you are wrong, i was just curious what other people had to say.

see thats where mr jesse jackson and al sharp-pound piss me off :rant:......im black and i dont like these guys

THEY TAKE SO MUCH PRIDE IN THEIR SKIN COLOR THAT THEY DONT REALIZE THEY ARE RACISTS!!!!!........1

BABY J
07-18-2008, 09:51 AM
I won't say that JJ is a racist - but he definitely isn't a "Reverand" - LOL. And neither is Sharpton. LOL

Ed
07-18-2008, 09:52 AM
well jesse jackson wants to cut obama's balls off. that's pretty awesome in my books. lol

Sport1.3
07-18-2008, 09:58 AM
dems fightin' words... :boxing:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w148/Minuswhale9/eek4dance.gif

BABY J
07-18-2008, 10:00 AM
well jesse jackson wants to cut obama's balls off. that's pretty awesome in my books. lol

LIES!!! Preachers don't talk like that - bc they are holy and sh*t.:rolleyes:

Ed
07-18-2008, 10:01 AM
LIES!!! Preachers don't talk like that - bc they are holy and sh*t.:rolleyes:

lol... yeah just like priests... they would never rape little boys... cause they are holy and sh*t.

Red_Phoenix
07-18-2008, 10:09 AM
My Take:

Unless you have lived the life of a black person. You will never truly understand why the N-bomb makes some cringe.

Unless you have lived life as a latino. You will never understand what its like to risk your life crossing the border into this country to try and "make it" in order to send some money back to your family. (I work with a lot of latinos and grew up with it all we have also lost a few here at my job who were shot when they were trying to come back.)

Unless you have lived life as a mixed race person. You will never understand how it feels to not be accepted from either side because you are not "full blood"

Unless you have lived your life as an immigrant. You will never understand how it feels to have everyone consider you an "intruder" to the country.

This is all much bigger then just the N-bomb. It extends way further then that. People just need to grow up and show a little respect and realise that just because there "boundries" that should not be crossed. Does not mean that their damn constitutional rights to freedom of speech is being violated. Are there stereotypes. Yes. There is also a thing called culture which is where that all spawns from. People Need realize thats its not the end of the world because they shouldn't flaunt some words. I little respect is not going to hurt anyone.

ShooterMcGavin
07-18-2008, 10:11 AM
More like breaking down a stupid subject to it's fundamental level.
racism is a 'stupid' subject? you really are on an entirely different level.

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-18-2008, 10:12 AM
My Take:

Unless you have lived the life of a black person. You will never truly understand why the N-bomb makes some cringe.

Unless you have lived life as a latino. You will never understand what its like to risk your life crossing the border into this country to try and "make it" in order to send some money back to your family. (I work with a lot of latinos and grew up with it all we have also lost a few here at my job who were shot when they were trying to come back.)

Unless you have lived life as a mixed race person. You will never understand how it feels to not be accepted from either side because you are not "full blood"

Unless you have lived your life as an immigrant. You will never understand how it feels to have everyone consider you an "intruder" to the country.

This is all much bigger then just the N-bomb. It extends way further then that. People just need to grow up and show a little respect and realise that just because there "boundries" that should not be crossed. Does not mean that their damn constitutional rights to freedom of speech is being violated. Are there stereotypes. Yes. There is also a thing called culture which is where that all spawns from. People Need realize thats its not the end of the world because they shouldn't flaunt some words. I little respect is not going to hurt anyone.

And UNTIL you've lived your life as a white person, caucasion, wtfever... You'll never understand what it's like to be made out to be a racist, a rich kid, upper class citizen or anything other name that other races give to whites. It's a two way street.

Sport1.3
07-18-2008, 10:12 AM
My Take:

Go bak tu canada u frenchy, yer kind aint welcom her!!! :D

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p230/turboclay/camaro.jpg

Sport1.3
07-18-2008, 10:14 AM
And UNTIL you've lived your life as a white person, caucasion, wtfever... .

Its fvcking awesome!! Everyone should be able to atleast once in their life experience it :bowdown:

Ed
07-18-2008, 10:15 AM

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/2/c/b/2cb203088ce796b48e22a2b7de1bed37.jpg

http://unemployment.ytmnd.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKJ5oJs3iNY

Sport1.3
07-18-2008, 10:19 AM
lulz

Red_Phoenix
07-18-2008, 10:21 AM
And UNTIL you've lived your life as a white person, caucasion, wtfever... You'll never understand what it's like to be made out to be a racist, a rich kid, upper class citizen or anything other name that other races give to whites. It's a two way street.

I AM WHITE. White as they come. Pale white and red headed. I know how it is both streets. Trust me. Been there

Ed
07-18-2008, 10:22 AM
I AM WHITE. White as they come. Pale white and red headed. I know how it is both streets. Trust me. Been there

so are you a mixture of white, latin, black, asian, and an immigrant at the same time? if not, you haven't been on both streets...

lol jk.

Red_Phoenix
07-18-2008, 10:25 AM

Damn your one ugly bastard. lol

Ran
07-18-2008, 10:26 AM
racism is a 'stupid' subject? you really are on an entirely different level.Yes, actually it is. A stupid subject about stupid people. Racism in it's entirety is retarded and you know it. But hey, keep humoring them and they'll be there to keep harping on it. After all, nobody is equal until they're better than everyone else.

AirMax95
07-18-2008, 10:27 AM
I would never use the word. I'm with black folks much more than I am with white. I have all my life. I've often been referred to as having been "accepted" into the black community. I've been to black churches many, many times. Not to mention having a black/mixed daughter. I can't tell you how many times I've been referred to as black and I call myself the "white guy that thinks he's black."

I think it's stupid as hail and ridiculous looking to see some stupid white "wannabes" calling each other ni66as. I don't even think they realize how stupid they look when they do it. Same when I see some "hardcore" white dude hanging around black folks and using the term. Still ridiculous looking.

Later, QD.

QD..... :goodjob:

At car meets (Varisty, Sonic, Mo-Land) I hear whites, asains, and hispanics calling each other N-this, N-that, "what up my N----" WTF!!!!

I personally do not use the word, and will not use the word unless I am discussing it for a good damn reason.

I also agree with Mike, Tony, and others that it is a double standard to an extent. With that said, I feel that the black community uses the word b/c we know that the meaning is no where near the orgin and past usage of the term. Its held sacred due to its negative connotation that was laid to it by true "racist" individuals.

I really wish the word was made a felony to use, kinda like on the movie Judge Dread, lol. Give mofos a language citation, lol. Just kidding, but I think that if the word cant be used by everyone, then it should not be used. <-------yes i know that will never happen!

Sport1.3
07-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Damn your one ugly bastard. lol

:lmfao: Quiet Ginger

Sport1.3
07-18-2008, 10:31 AM
so are you a mixture of white, latin, black, asian, and an immigrant at the same time? if not, you haven't been on both streets...

lol jk.

Once when i lived in midtown, i crossed over to the wrong side of ponce to go to a tacobell....i had some scary ethnic man knock on my window and ask me for my socks.......scariest moment of my life. Thats when i knew i did not belong on the other side of that road.....i've been on both sides of the street man..... :cry:

Red_Phoenix
07-18-2008, 10:32 AM

lol jk.

To make it clear. I am mixed Irish and Italian. I grew up all over the place. (Including Mexico, Canada, Germany.) I have grown up with the latino culture and a few others and speak all the languages to prove. I am originally From Canada so yes I am am immigrant.

Hence BOTH STREETS PAVED.

But this thread isn't about me. Its about the N-Word and everyones different views on it.

Ran
07-18-2008, 10:33 AM
Once when i lived in midtown, i crossed over to the wrong side of ponce to go to a tacobell....i had some scary ethnic man knock on my window and ask me for my socks.......scariest moment of my life. Thats when i knew i did not belong on the other side of that road.....i've been on both sides of the street man..... :cry: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Sport1.3
07-18-2008, 10:34 AM
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

true story bro..

bigdare23
07-18-2008, 10:49 AM
QD and Baby J pretty much summed everything up. I have nothing to say so I'm just going to add to my post count LOL

BABY J
07-18-2008, 11:05 AM
what is a "blacks"?

LOL

DieselNuts
07-18-2008, 11:09 AM
I'm allowed to use it

EJ25RUN
07-18-2008, 11:11 AM
one thing i look at is that the "N" word is uses so much by black people but other people dont really use derogatory terms to each other. Im Russian but look white, i don't call fellow white people crackers. And i think that goes for most other ethnic or race groups. So why do black people?

Stormhammer
07-18-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm white and I've said it to my white british friend

EJ25RUN
07-18-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm allowed to use it

anyone that has a mouth and a tongue is.

BlueHatch
07-18-2008, 11:28 AM
[QUOTE=BABY J]^^

White America just can't fathom the fact that there is SOMETHING on the planet that they don't have 100% access too and it f*cks them up - it's just that simple. "Oh look - the Indians have America, let's go 'discover' it and call it ours.

see thats one of the problems with all this rasist shyt right there. when i look at a map of the u.s.a., i dont see white america and black america anywhere on it. there is only 1 country and its just plain america. i generally agree with most of your posts. we all live here together and yes some people do suck white or black or green, but as long as use these terms like n1gger or white america or cracker or black america, not only do you SEEM un educated, but you contribute to the problem /rant

BABY J
07-18-2008, 11:36 AM
see thats one of the problems with all this rasist shyt right there. when i look at a map of the u.s.a., i dont see white america and black america anywhere on it. there is only 1 country and its just plain america. i generally agree with most of your posts. we all live here together and yes some people do suck white or black or green, but as long as use these terms like n1gger or white america or cracker or black america, not only do you SEEM un educated, but you contribute to the problem /rant

No - the PROBLEM is that there is no other way for me to denote that the group of people that I was referring to is INDEED the part of "white America" that fits the description of what I'm talking about. (say that 5 x's fast). I am not saying "crackas" hate it that there is a word that's off-limits to them. I am simply saying that the portion (bc it's not ALL) of "white america" (what term can I insert here instead??) has an issue with it.

BABY J
07-18-2008, 11:37 AM
I just re-read what you wrote --- and you are correct. I could have said "that there is a group of people" that can't fathom it. I will leave my posts unedited b/c I don't mind being shown when I am corrected.

+1 BlueHatch

BlueHatch
07-18-2008, 11:40 AM
No - the PROBLEM is that there is no other way for me to denote that the group of people that I was referring to is INDEED the part of "white America" that fits the description of what I'm talking about. (say that 5 x's fast). I am not saying "crackas" hate it that there is a word that's off-limits to them. I am simply saying that the portion (bc it's not ALL) of "white america" (what term can I insert here instead??) has an issue with it.
i understand the lack of a proper term for describing who you are trying to describe but wtf exactly is white america? it seems to be a loosly used term as does black america.

T34me
07-18-2008, 12:05 PM
i dident read all 6 pages but just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. Im white as shiit and have plenty of black friends, they call me *****, i call them *****, but it is wierd being around some one you dont know well and droppin that, they kind of just look at you if their white, and look at you like they want to hit you if they're black. I honestly dont even think about it, i just say it like im talkin to one of my boys.

Sport1.3
07-18-2008, 12:31 PM
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w148/Minuswhale9/szws61.jpg

Ed
07-18-2008, 12:32 PM
lol gonna go on every thread now and put that pic? haha

JITB
07-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Truth is Everyone is granted the right to say anything they woudl like to. But you are also prepared to take on the cause and effect of what might happen afterwards. You all bicker and battle abotu using one word, and truth is most of you dont even use it in the first place.

I still dont curse in front of people older than me out of respect of my elders and im 25 years old. it seems like you all need to get out more and realize that people dont take things like you do. And you cant tell anyone what to get offended by.

and what does get over it mean?

Lucky DAWG
07-18-2008, 01:20 PM
No it is not okay at all.

If Jesse Jackson and the Rev want to go around parading that its okay for black artists to use it after the Don Imus controversy especially when this was brought into new light, then that is ridiculous.

Niger = "black" in Latin.

It was a word originally donned by white people for black people simply based on the color of their skin. Inherintly the word is harmelss, but it was used by white people in the North and South to talk down to black people for the most part, most people in the time didn't know that it was bad though.

It became a painful word after slavery ended and mostly not until the Civil rights movement did it become a taboo to say it in public.

The history of the word is not one used by black culture, it was used to demean them. SO I UNDERSTAND WHY THE WOULD NOT WANT WHITE PEOPLE SAYING THE WORD, BUT WHY WOULD THEY USE IT THEMSELVES?

double standard at best.

I don't use the word because i know it is a sensitive subject and there is no real reason to use it. But i think it is retarded when i hear it 50 times in a rap song.

eliminate it from your vocabulary, or stop complaining

Sport1.3
07-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Niger (pronounced /ni¢°ˈʒɛər/ or /ˈnaɪdʒɚ/); in French pronounced [niʒɛʁ]), officially the Republic of Niger, is a landlocked country in Western Africa, named after the Niger River. It borders Nigeria and Benin to the south, Burkina Faso and Mali to the west, Algeria and Libya to the north and Chad to the east. The capital city is Niamey

ShooterMcGavin
07-18-2008, 01:43 PM
Yes, actually it is. A stupid subject about stupid people. Racism in it's entirety is retarded and you know it. But hey, keep humoring them and they'll be there to keep harping on it. After all, nobody is equal until they're better than everyone else.
i think the words you're looking for range from ignorant, to arrogant to conceited, not just stupid.
and i have no idea what you're talking about there at the end...trying to confuse others to prove a point is not a method i approve of :goodjob:

tony
07-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Niger = "black" in Latin.

It was a word originally donned by white people for black people simply based on the color of their skin. Inherintly the word is harmelss, but it was used by white people in the North and South to talk down to black people for the most part, most people in the time didn't know that it was bad though.

It became a painful word after slavery ended and mostly not until the Civil rights movement did it become a taboo to say it in public.

(Warning, I typed damn near a complete essay here so be prepared)

The pronunciation of Niger is much different from N1igger.. Niger would be spoken as Ni - jeer, I've heard whites (albeit usually educated) refer to Niger and it isn't even close in anything other than the use of an additional G in N1gger.

Furthermore you go to the northwest and N1gga is very common amongst whites who consider theirselves to be "gangsta" :rolleyes: but nonetheless they use the term just as blacks use it everywhere else.. as urban dialect. The term is nothing new though.. even back in slave times those who were in good with the owner of the plantation were referred to as.. "House N1ggas"

If you've never heard the term or can't comprehend the meaning then you most likely don't understand much about being black. The term 'N1gga' barely scratches the surface of what is an underlying acceptance of self hatred that is in the black community.. and personally I think that self hatred dates back to slave times.

I know that nobody of the current generation went through slavery but the harsh lessons are still prevalent in modern day society. People say we are freeloaders that like to live off of the system but genetically for 400 years the #1 focus of slave owners was to keep the black slave strong physically, but make them weak mentally.. keep them dependent on the slave owner.

If this does not translate to today then why are blacks genetically better athletes and stronger physically but even with millions $$$ there is a common theme.. they struggle to make sound life decisions without someone giving them direction. Of course there are always exceptions but the slave owners of the past single handedly advanced the evolution of blacks by killing off the weak and only utilizing the strong. The upside.. well we see that on Sports Center but the down side is right here what we're discussing in this thread.

Along with that goes the crab in the barrel mentality within the black community. (When one crab tries to pull itself out of the barrel another immediately pulls it back down into the barrel) It goes back to the "Uncle Tom," "Sellout".. the "House N1gga." How do you control a group of people that are physically stronger than you and outnumber you by far? You take their ability to think but at the same time you keep them divided, show favortism for some and the other's will resent them for it. Furthermore the ones you show a slight bit of mercy to will never leave, and believe me there were slaves that did NOT want to leave the plantation.

So you wonder why these kids don't show respect for their past ancestors or their self in using the N word? You can't fault white people today, slavery historically ended in 1865, but for a lot of blacks it never ended in their mind, they never got that back. So all through their ancestory they continually saw their selves as n1ggas since that was their identity and over time it has bred into what you see today.

Can you blame them? 400 years and no sense of self, mix that in with the lack of guidance and absence of black males to raise these boys into young men or to set an exceptional example for what a young girl interprets as respect and you get a generation of kids that are struggling to find their own identity.

Believe me.. if these kids had a grasp of the psychological potential that they have, or that their ancestors had we wouldn't be having this conversation. But they cling to whatever is prevalent in their life.. of course joining a gang looks appealing when you are not being loved and accepted at home. The term N1gga isn't so bad since hell.. those who were truly offended by the N word failed the oncoming generation in explaining the UNDERSTANDING of the hurt and the history of the term N1gger.

So as I said before and again I'm not sure if I'm making complete sense here but there is no simple answer to your question that could possibly be answered in a segment of The View. The word itself falls into a deep well of so much that has gone wrong dating back 3 to 4 centuries and that is why the word itself cuts some.. white and black so deep. (Please do remember that there were a great number of whites who died for blacks to have the rights we have as well)

I don't know how else to explain it.

tony
07-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Can I also just say although it is off of the original subject, what I just typed is the reason for "Black Pride" or "Black Power." Its not to be offensive toward whites or make us any better than any other race but it is just that.. to have pride in who and what you are because believe it or not that can be tough at times being black. Some people here tend to interpret that as reverse racism and that could not be further from the truth.

Lucky DAWG
07-18-2008, 04:03 PM
(Warning, I typed damn near a complete essay here so be prepared)

The pronunciation of Niger is much different from N1igger.. Niger would be spoken as Ni - jeer, I've heard whites (albeit usually educated) refer to Niger and it isn't even close in anything other than the use of an additional G in N1gger.

Furthermore you go to the northwest and N1gga is very common amongst whites who consider theirselves to be "gangsta" :rolleyes: but nonetheless they use the term just as blacks use it everywhere else.. as urban dialect. The term is nothing new though.. even back in slave times those who were in good with the owner of the plantation were referred to as.. "House N1ggas"

If you've never heard the term or can't comprehend the meaning then you most likely don't understand much about being black. The term 'N1gga' barely scratches the surface of what is an underlying acceptance of self hatred that is in the black community.. and personally I think that self hatred dates back to slave times.

I know that nobody of the current generation went through slavery but the harsh lessons are still prevalent in modern day society. People say we are freeloaders that like to live off of the system but genetically for 400 years the #1 focus of slave owners was to keep the black slave strong physically, but make them weak mentally.. keep them dependent on the slave owner.

If this does not translate to today then why are blacks genetically better athletes and stronger physically but even with millions $$$ there is a common theme.. they struggle to make sound life decisions without someone giving them direction. Of course there are always exceptions but the slave owners of the past single handedly advanced the evolution of blacks by killing off the weak and only utilizing the strong. The upside.. well we see that on Sports Center but the down side is right here what we're discussing in this thread.

Along with that goes the crab in the barrel mentality within the black community. (When one crab tries to pull itself out of the barrel another immediately pulls it back down into the barrel) It goes back to the "Uncle Tom," "Sellout".. the "House N1gga." How do you control a group of people that are physically stronger than you and outnumber you by far? You take their ability to think but at the same time you keep them divided, show favortism for some and the other's will resent them for it. Furthermore the ones you show a slight bit of mercy to will never leave, and believe me there were slaves that did NOT want to leave the plantation.

So you wonder why these kids don't show respect for their past ancestors or their self in using the N word? You can't fault white people today, slavery historically ended in 1865, but for a lot of blacks it never ended in their mind, they never got that back. So all through their ancestory they continually saw their selves as n1ggas since that was their identity and over time it has bred into what you see today.

Can you blame them? 400 years and no sense of self, mix that in with the lack of guidance and absence of black males to raise these boys into young men or to set an exceptional example for what a young girl interprets as respect and you get a generation of kids that are struggling to find their own identity.

Believe me.. if these kids had a grasp of the psychological potential that they have, or that their ancestors had we wouldn't be having this conversation. But they cling to whatever is prevalent in their life.. of course joining a gang looks appealing when you are not being loved and accepted at home. The term N1gga isn't so bad since hell.. those who were truly offended by the N word failed the oncoming generation in explaining the UNDERSTANDING of the hurt and the history of the term N1gger.

So as I said before and again I'm not sure if I'm making complete sense here but there is no simple answer to your question that could possibly be answered in a segment of The View. The word itself falls into a deep well of so much that has gone wrong dating back 3 to 4 centuries and that is why the word itself cuts some.. white and black so deep. (Please do remember that there were a great number of whites who died for blacks to have the rights we have as well)

I don't know how else to explain it.

You left the one key question unanswered...

Why use the word then, for derogatory or joking around purposes?

BlueHatch
07-18-2008, 04:04 PM
to each his own i suppose but when i hear the term "white power" i hear it as a racist remark and im white but that may just be me. but everyone has tough times not just black people. ive lived in everything from a chevy beretta to a 3 bedroom house with 10 folks in it, and no matter how tough it got we never used our race to "get through the hard times" that last line may have came out wrong but im trying to get my point out

Lucky DAWG
07-18-2008, 04:05 PM
Can I also just say although it is off of the original subject, what I just typed is the reason for "Black Pride" or "Black Power." Its not to be offensive toward whites or make us any better than any other race but it is just that.. to have pride in who and what you are because believe it or not that can be tough at times being black. Some people here tend to interpret that as reverse racism and that could not be further from the truth.

I have no problem with black people having pride. But you have to acknowledge the fact if there was any kind of group like the NCAAP for white people then it would be put down quite quickly.

I think the NCAAP has seen its days and usefulness pass.

There shouldn't be a group like that for any race

Vteckidd
07-18-2008, 04:18 PM
The View Segment in question

http://youtube.com/watch?v=paruOqHn2SY

BETTER VERSION
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2-B7c0LCMWU

tony
07-18-2008, 04:27 PM
I have no problem with black people having pride. But you have to acknowledge the fact if there was any kind of group like the NCAAP for white people then it would be put down quite quickly.

I think the NCAAP has seen its days and usefulness pass.

There shouldn't be a group like that for any race

NAACP was started by 3 whites, 1 jew and 2 blacks. It's no different than Hispanics having an alliance, Asians, whoever.. would they be racist as well?

You left the one key question unanswered...

Why use the word then, for derogatory or joking around purposes?

I did hit on that,

Lucky DAWG
07-18-2008, 04:32 PM
NAACP was started by 3 whites, 1 jew and 2 blacks. It's no different than Hispanics having an alliance, Asians, whoever.. would they be racist as well?

I did hit on that,

oh okay and didn't see the post where you hit on that, i agree though on how you put it.

And for the founding of the NCAAP being founded by a multicultural background, it is far from its beginnings if thats what it was supposed to be built upon

tony
07-18-2008, 04:32 PM
to each his own i suppose but when i hear the term "white power" i hear it as a racist remark and im white but that may just be me. but everyone has tough times not just black people. ive lived in everything from a chevy beretta to a 3 bedroom house with 10 folks in it, and no matter how tough it got we never used our race to "get through the hard times" that last line may have came out wrong but im trying to get my point out

Are you Irish?

Boosted FC
07-18-2008, 04:34 PM
It is used so much up North. For instance "What up my n*gga". I personally think that it is more of a problem down South.

tony
07-18-2008, 04:38 PM
And for the founding of the NCAAP being founded by a multicultural background, it is far from its beginnings if thats what it was supposed to be built upon

As most things hardly do, did the black panthers set out to become drug addicts? Power corrupts and without the right leadership the path that you started on can easily get rail roded.

Vteckidd
07-18-2008, 05:32 PM
As most things hardly do, did the black panthers set out to become drug addicts? Power corrupts and without the right leadership the path that you started on can easily get rail roded.
agreed

As much as i hate the NAACP and i think they are more racist than others, you are very right

BlueHatch
07-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Are you Irish?
touche

tony
07-18-2008, 05:43 PM
I've anxiously awaited a reply from those who were quick to point the finger in this thread.. or even those that didnt have an opinion so either what I wrote was too long to gain interest or it cannot be argued.

At least give me the gratification of knowing that maybe you have a slight better understanding of why some black kids are the way they are today.. I spent a good half hour typing that hoping some of you would better understand. The whole N word thing isn't right but there is a deep reasoning for why things are the way they are.

BABY J
07-18-2008, 06:38 PM
I don't understand Tony. Re-type it please. LOL

big mac
07-18-2008, 07:15 PM
idk i say it all the time

quickdodge®
07-19-2008, 12:13 AM
i dident read all 6 pages but just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. Im white as shiit and have plenty of black friends, they call me *****, i call them *****, but it is wierd being around some one you dont know well and droppin that, they kind of just look at you if their white, and look at you like they want to hit you if they're black. I honestly dont even think about it, i just say it like im talkin to one of my boys.

idk i say it all the time

Then you guys would be the ridiculous looking people I speak of. Later ,QD.

T34me
07-19-2008, 12:18 AM
hows that, if you hang out with with people that dont mind you saying it on a daily basis, then whats the problem. I made it very clear in my post that i hadent read all 6 pages, so yeah, i dident see what you said, but that dosent change the fact this thread is about if individuals are uncomfortable using it, and i was just saying im not, just like everyone else had the right to with out getting crap for it.

BABY J
07-19-2008, 12:33 AM
hows that, if you hang out with with people that dont mind you saying it on a daily basis, then whats the problem. I made it very clear in my post that i hadent read all 6 pages, so yeah, i dident see what you said, but that dosent change the fact this thread is about if individuals are uncomfortable using it, and i was just saying im not, just like everyone else had the right to with out getting crap for it.

This is why:

This proves that you're an idiot. Not only do you think it's kool to say - but you're so careless w/ it that you don't even know (or can't help it NOT to) when not to say it. Keep that up and one day it's gonna be the reason why you see a cosmetic dentist. You're on borrowed time kiddo.

Catnip
07-19-2008, 12:41 AM
I say it jokingly to my white and black friends. I use it carefully though, as to prevent offending people that hear it but don't know me.

quickdodge®
07-19-2008, 08:57 AM
hows that, if you hang out with with people that dont mind you saying it on a daily basis, then whats the problem.

The "problem" is is that you don't use it because you're a proud of who you are. Are you a proud black male? Did you grow up in the hood where this term is majority used? You use it for the "cool factor." Tell me I'm wrong. You use it to fit in with the homeboys.

I'm from LA. Hood central. I've lived in hoods there and hoods and ghettos all over Atlanta. I've got black family. I guarantee you that I "fit in" damn near 100% better than you. Still doesn't make me black, though. I would still look like an idiot using that terminology. I would venture to say that you have no real concept of the black culture. Their life. Like I said, you use it to "look" cool.

Fortunately, I don't need to use that word to be cool and liked. Later, QD.

T34me
07-19-2008, 10:12 AM
i never said i used it to be cool, and i stated i was white in my post. im sitting here being up front about not reading the whole post, being white, and using it among friends, so WTF? Im sure everyone here does shiit with their friends that maybe some other people think is offensive or gay, but i dont see them getting bashed over it. How is it that out of all the people that said they use it, i get targeted? Ive kept a good reputation on here and not tried to step on toes.

BABY J
07-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Hmmm

^^ How would you know that unless you do it?

i never said i used it to be cool, and i stated i was white in my post. im sitting here being up front about not reading the whole post, being white, and using it among friends, so WTF? Im sure everyone here does shiit with their friends that maybe some other people think is offensive or gay, but i dont see them getting bashed over it. How is it that out of all the people that said they use it, i get targeted? Ive kept a good reputation on here and not tried to step on toes.

Confused much? Your 2 posts contradict each other.

T34me
07-19-2008, 10:53 AM
heres why, yeah, it would be stupid to say it among complete strangers with no one you know around, but if your chillin at the pool and you call to your boy for a beer, you might get a few looks. If there is nothing else and i have answered all your questions am i free to leave now? Guess thats what i get for having an opinion, ill work more on conforming to your standards since you seem to set with bar with your infinite and unchallanged wisdom

Lucky DAWG
07-19-2008, 11:03 AM
heres why, yeah, it would be stupid to say it among complete strangers with no one you know around, but if your chillin at the pool and you call to your boy for a beer, you might get a few looks. If there is nothing else and i have answered all your questions am i free to leave now? Guess thats what i get for having an opinion, ill work more on conforming to your standards since you seem to set with bar with your infinite and unchallanged wisdom

I will agree to an extent with you.

I have called my friends that one on one or in a private group of like 4 people i know that wouldn't take offense when we have been drinking.

Is it right? no
Is it politically correct? no
Is it offensive? yes

I have done it in the past for ****s and giggles but as i have stated in the post before it is by no means right, but there is a lot of things that aren't right that we conciously do anyways.

Red_Phoenix
07-19-2008, 11:07 AM

:thinking: I am surprised you are still alive. One of those people are gonna give you more then a "look" one day. They are gonna come over and kick you so hard in the sack your gonna be choking on you D**k from the inside. Seen it happen. Wasn't pretty. Taught that kid a lesson though. I'm just saying you should maybe be a little more sensitive to the word.;)

Imadaman
07-19-2008, 11:24 AM
I've read over this thread,and have agreed with most post.but if it wasn't n1gga,it would be some other word. If someones racist they'll find away to get to you.i don't like the fact i can be called a cracka and it be okay. i don't get offended by racist words i just get annoyed by racist words.

quickdodge®
07-19-2008, 12:09 PM
i never said i used it to be cool,

Then be honest and tell why you use it? There is no legit reason. You think it makes you one of the homeboys to say that.

Im sure everyone here does shiit with their friends that maybe some other people think is offensive or gay,

I'm sure you're right. But if any of them are using racial slurs to be "in," then they look just as stupid.

but i dont see them getting bashed over it.

You're the only one speaking on it. Besides, I just center on you. I stated that any white "G" that does that looks retarded and uneducated.

Ive kept a good reputation on here and not tried to step on toes.

Who said anything about your reputation? You haven't stepped on any toes (with me anyway). Just cause I think you're an idiot for your use of the word doesn't mean I don't like you. I',m just telling you what's up. And if you did "conform" to our standards, you'd probably be better respected by a lot more people than you think. Later, QD.

civic95
07-19-2008, 01:19 PM
I say yes. I hear black people at work call each other that everyday. So if they can use it, why can't I?

It's no more derogatory than the term cracker, or redneck. If it makes you mad then boo f-ing hoo. Oh he called me the "n" word :cry: If that is all you have to worry about (what other people call you) then your life is pretty good.

To the whites, blacks, purples, and other colors. If you act a certain way don't be upset when people call you a name that describes it.

JITB
07-19-2008, 01:27 PM
I say yes. I hear black people at work call each other that everyday. So if they can use it, why can't I?

It's no more derogatory than the term cracker, or redneck. If it makes you mad then boo f-ing hoo. Oh he called me the "n" word :cry: If that is all you have to worry about (what other people call you) then your life is pretty good.

To the whites, blacks, purples, and other colors. If you act a certain way don't be upset when people call you a name that describes it.

lol and these are the type of people that i will have to grow old with in this country and share the world with... :no: My generation is such a disappointment..

Firefightin_tC
07-19-2008, 01:55 PM
lol and these are the type of people that i will have to grow old with in this country and share the world with... :no: My generation is such a disappointment..

Argeed.

civic95
07-19-2008, 02:03 PM

Do you cry everytime someone calls you a mother-fAcker too? That's more derogatory.

JITB
07-19-2008, 02:11 PM
Do you cry everytime someone calls you a mother-fAcker too? That's more derogatory.

if thats how u feel thats how u feel. Your 29 years old, so your set in yoru ways. My only gripe is the need for peopel to tell other people what to be upset by. IM sure there is something that will get you upset, just like there is with me and everyone else. it may be stupid and not offend me, or anyone else. but it may set u off...

I see people steal and kill on the news all the time does it mean i can do it too? What do u all just do what other people do because they do it?

civic95
07-19-2008, 02:26 PM
if thats how u feel thats how u feel. Your 29 years old, so your set in yoru ways. My only gripe is the need for peopel to tell other people what to be upset by. IM sure there is something that will get you upset, just like there is with me and everyone else. it may be stupid and not offend me, or anyone else. but it may set u off...

Nothing anyone says offends me. Not even all the black comedians telling white jokes. I have more important things to worry about. ;)

I see people steal and kill on the news all the time does it mean i can do it too? What do u all just do what other people do because they do it?

You kind of have a point here.

fight club
07-19-2008, 03:00 PM
the use of this word is what, in my mind, helps keeps racism going. the "double standard" or "reverse racism" is found because yes it was a term used in slavery, but slavery is over. the African American community as a whole seems to want not to be equal but to be "better" than the whites as if that is what they deserve.

for example
reparations- pay a RACE for injustices committed over 100 yrs ago. in that case, can white europeans get reparations for the injustices committed by the british? and is the a.a. community also asking the african nations who inabled and fueled the slave trade for reparations as well? no they are asking "White America" as it was called.
NAACP- regardless of its intent at founding this is a racist organization now. to promote the advancement of one race is to ignore the advancement of another. sounds like discrimination to me.

the use of this word and other cases of "taking something away from whitey" or making something unique for a culture, or focusing on one group instead of all is why there is still a great divide in this country. was slavery wrong? absolutely. but to blame it on everything is a cop-out and such. being white did not provide me with food and shelter. i did.and thats how it should be. we should stop worrying about the well being of one or another group and focus on the whole. and by saying this is an exclusive word (N1gger), or this is our music(rap),then its just the whole cycle of trying to make one race superior to the another. just like in the past with "this is my bathroom, you have that one." in fact, most things wanted by the a.a. community, was simply putting themselves back under a race, i.e. affirmative action which was basically i cry of "we cannot compete with others, they are better, please provide us with something". whatever happened to "best for the job?"i think when everyone stops looking for some angle to get something without work,racism will disappear from mainstream society.

i fail to see how any intelligent person cannot see the gaping hypocrisies in the whole slew of race-based requirements for anything. as for the question, it is bull**** that one group can use ANY word and others cannot. THAT IS YET AGAIN SEGREGATION.

ps- no i am not racist, but im tired of the whole"injustices made us this way" arguement. black's were not the only group ever mistreated or segregated, yet seem to be the only ones not willing to become stronger by itt

civic95
07-19-2008, 03:24 PM
the use of this word is what, in my mind, helps keeps racism going. the "double standard" or "reverse racism" is found because yes it was a term used in slavery, but slavery is over. the African American community as a whole seems to want not to be equal but to be "better" than the whites as if that is what they deserve.

for example
reparations- pay a RACE for injustices committed over 100 yrs ago. in that case, can white europeans get reparations for the injustices committed by the british? and is the a.a. community also asking the african nations who inabled and fueled the slave trade for reparations as well? no they are asking "White America" as it was called.
NAACP- regardless of its intent at founding this is a racist organization now. to promote the advancement of one race is to ignore the advancement of another. sounds like discrimination to me.

the use of this word and other cases of "taking something away from whitey" or making something unique for a culture, or focusing on one group instead of all is why there is still a great divide in this country. was slavery wrong? absolutely. but to blame it on everything is a cop-out and such. being white did not provide me with food and shelter. i did.and thats how it should be. we should stop worrying about the well being of one or another group and focus on the whole. and by saying this is an exclusive word (N1gger), or this is our music(rap),then its just the whole cycle of trying to make one race superior to the another. just like in the past with "this is my bathroom, you have that one." in fact, most things wanted by the a.a. community, was simply putting themselves back under a race, i.e. affirmative action which was basically i cry of "we cannot compete with others, they are better, please provide us with something". whatever happened to "best for the job?"i think when everyone stops looking for some angle to get something without work,racism will disappear from mainstream society.

i fail to see how any intelligent person cannot see the gaping hypocrisies in the whole slew of race-based requirements for anything. as for the question, it is bull**** that one group can use ANY word and others cannot. THAT IS YET AGAIN SEGREGATION.

ps- no i am not racist, but im tired of the whole"injustices made us this way" arguement. black's were not the only group ever mistreated or segregated, yet seem to be the only ones not willing to become stronger by itt

well said!

Something I just thought about. Not to defend slavery, because it was horrible and wrong. If the early african americans were not brought here, the majority of african americans would still be in Africa. Again I'm not saying their ancestors suffering was worth it, but most AA's would not be here if it wasn't for it. Instead of complaining about America think of the alternative. We are all lucky to have been born here. If you don't believe that then you need to travel to some other countries. Hell if they have it so bad here I'll buy anyone of them a one way ticket to Africa. For the last time I'm not condoning, supporting, or defending anything that happened 100 yrs ago, nor should I have to (or anyone else that's alive today).

slostang
07-19-2008, 03:38 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/Graywolf162005/549.gif

Lucky DAWG
07-19-2008, 07:02 PM

for example

Don't forget the Egyptians have a lot of back money on reparations due to the Jews :lmfao:

Tech5
07-19-2008, 07:06 PM
I say YES I use it all the time! And I am White!:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

stephen
07-19-2008, 10:16 PM

for example

I HOPE SOMEONE TAKES THE TIME TO READ IT ALL!

What you're saying makes no sense. The use of the "N" word is what keeps racism alive, but it's not because black people feel like they own it, it's because people use it in general (whether black or white). It's also ideals like yours that fault the black race as a whole, for once postive attempts to assist the race, that have turned into something that is no longer accepted by society.

How can you say that because the black population feels that they own A WORD, that it's "reverse racism?" You obviously have no comprehension on what the term racism actually means. The term doesn't make the black race feel "superior" to another, it's just not tolerated. The way I feel is if another black man calls me a "ni66a" he just as much of a "ni66a" as me, whether he's using it as a term of endearment or in a negative manner, so how can I truly get mad at him for it. It's like two fat kids calling each other fat, how upset can they be? Now imagine it was a skinny kid saying it...I'm sure the fat kid would be more offended.

Reparations - Black people asked for reparations at the end of slavery, and it was promised and never given. Imagine, your whole family has been torn apart, drug to a foreign land, stripped of your name, forced to either be strong and breed, or weak and die. Now these people that have done this to you say "Ok, we're sorry, you're free to go." Would you be wrong for saying, "Ok, well ummm...I don't really have any money, family, or a place to go because of you. So can I get something to help me with the rest of my life?" I don't feel like black people need reparations anymore, but there was justification for it in the past.

NAACP - A group of people got together to help slow/and remove DISCRIMINATION that this entire country was built on. Yes, the group does have a few messed up ideas/views, but its general purpose is make sure history won't repeat itself. As long as there are still people out there who mistreat "colored people" then the NAACP will exist, and will need to exist. As stated before, any organization faces the risk of being mis-used, but that shouldn't take away from its original intent. You also need to read the definition of the word "advancement" and maybe you'll have a better understanding.

Look how easy it is for THE WORLD to hate a group because of color, religion, and other personal preferences. You can't fault the victims of these groups to make sure things like that won't happen again. That's why we end up with Affirmative Action, and Equal Opportunity Employment, separation of church and state, etc., becase at some point in time, there were victims. It's not always just a flat out "black thing."

Some people will never understand the term "You don't know what it's like to be _____ (fill in the blank)." I learned about, and have personally been a victim of racism. I'm not just talking about "I can't say a word you can say." No, I could've lost sooo much because of the color of my skin. I could've had a criminal record, lost my scholorship, would've had an even harder time trying to get a career, and could've spent a few years in prison. Why??? Because a white woman felt like all black people look alike. She was mugged/assaulted by a young black kid. I had just finished football practice (I was in high school), and was walking home. A cop stops me, and tells me the lady was mugged, and I fit the description. He shows me to the woman, and she says, "Yeah, that looks like him....They all look alike to me." If it wasn't for the time the crime ACTUALLY happened, the bus driver that dropped me off, and my football coach, they were going to take me to jail. Think about it...

tony
07-19-2008, 11:37 PM

A shining example of what it is to not be able to empathize. Just how far blacks have come the race HAS become stronger.. to say that we haven't is a spit in the face to those that have more respect for our selves than to not use the term in question.

Then again most of you (if not all) don't know what it means to try to trace your family lineage and can barely date back 100 years because slaves were not allowed to be documented. These kids only know of their heritage what is taught in schools, I'm sure they would have a lot more respect for their ancestors if they could actually internalize what their past was.. but all you see is the result and invalid excuses for the way we are.

Terror
07-19-2008, 11:58 PM
No! its terrible! the N word is one of if not most of the racist words ever! next to the J word (jew) and SN word (SAND ******) ahhhh its terrible!!

sorry im drunk....

stephen
07-20-2008, 12:10 AM
Then again most of you (if not all) don't know what it means to try to trace your family lineage and can barely date back 100 years because slaves were not allowed to be documented. These kids only know of their heritage what is taught in schools, I'm sure they would have a lot more respect for their ancestors if they could actually internalize what their past was.. but all you see is the result and invalid excuses for the way we are.

That is a prime reason for why we have things like "Black History Month." If EVERYONE took more time into UNDERSTANDING black history (as it applies to black history in america), then maybe ALL black/white taboos can be removed from society. Maybe black people will show more respect for their ancestor & and white people will too. It's funny, my Godfather (I'm black and so is he) despises that word...He NEVER uses it, or wants to hear it. Whenever he comes to town (once a year for about a week), we don't use the word. We joke about it to each other like "I'm going to tell Uncle B you said ni66a!" but we still try to abide by his wishes and not use it around him. He's taken the time to study a lot of aspects of black history (creating his family tree, celebrating holidays like Kwanzaa), and has more respect for his ancestors than to use such an offensive term. Recently, I found out about a lot of family on my father's mother's side, and that got me into a mad dash to find out about my family. I also found out that I have 2 uncles that I never met, nor has my father (my grandfather's 2 sons from his second marriage). I started trying to trace my family tree (to learn about the origins of my last name). I finally got to two dead-ends, my great-grandmother's parents (I actually got a chance to talk to her before she passed...pretty cool)...one of them was black, and the other was full native american (choctaw). I have yet to be able to find any LEGAL information in regards to my great-great-great-grandparents due to the treatment of black people and native americans in the past. Imagine how many people are out there, that're just like me... Until they search, and try to find out more about their family, and TRULY understand the challenges that they've had to overcome, they'll continue to allow others to destroy them, and destroy themselves.

fight club
07-20-2008, 12:19 AM
A shining example of what it is to not be able to empathize. Just how far blacks have come the race HAS become stronger.. to say that we haven't is a spit in the face to those that have more respect for our selves than to not use the term in question.

first id like to sayi apreciate you responding without trying to insult my intellegence like the post above you. i can actually empathize with those who have no sense of being as their lineage is so ****ed up. knowing where you are from is a big building block towards who you become. but those kids arent the only people who have that problem. i have agree they would have more respect for their ancestors, but my whole thing is if you cant trace it back, then look to your parents and grandparents and see the huge obstacles they have over come. the use of the word and the use of "well my family comes from slaves" not only insults their slave ancestors, but their immediate family who fought for civil rights. in my mind, the word is an insult to the entire race of whoever uses it.
for example,if you were walking downtown and some white dude goes "n1gger" you view him as white trash; an ignorant sonofabitch.now what happens if 80% of white people say it. and then the white celebs start saying it.you start to group the race together and think all whites are ignorant bigots. its the same thing with the african americans. you hear it in all walks of the culture in America and thus the outrage i have for the word. yes it makes the person look stupid and disrespectful to their heritage. it would be like a jew calling people kikes. but when its inthe predominant black media and such, its just disrespectful for all.
basically in my previous post, which was a bit rambling and such, i was trying to say, (to steal a line from boondocks) is all these "n1gga moments" with rap songs and ****, is detramental to the race and is PARTLY to blame for racism in the world. and instead of realizing that its this mob mentality to seem ignorant by so many that the few that are trying hernestly to ADVANCE the race to equality is overshadowed.
in summary, the claiming of word is rediculous and makes everyone look ignorant,and i mean everyone because noone,of any race, is trying to stop this media influence. i feel the african community needs to remove these people from the spotlight and put in leaders and role models that want to excell the race in this world to a point that that heritage, though beaten and broken, is honored not tarnished; and that future generations can say "my ancestors, whoever they were, did not suffer in vain because look at us now" instead of "n1gga this and n1gga that"; mocking those who have past.

Imadaman
07-20-2008, 12:30 AM
No! its terrible! the N word is one of if not most of the racist words ever! next to the J word (jew) and SN word (SAND ******) ahhhh its terrible!!

sorry im drunk....

n1ggggga pleeease...ha couldn't resist.:ninja:

stephen
07-20-2008, 12:31 AM
first id like to sayi apreciate you responding without trying to insult my intellegence like the post above you. i can actually empathize with those who have no sense of being as their lineage is so ****ed up. knowing where you are from is a big building block towards who you become. but those kids arent the only people who have that problem. i have agree they would have more respect for their ancestors, but my whole thing is if you cant trace it back, then look to your parents and grandparents and see the huge obstacles they have over come. the use of the word and the use of "well my family comes from slaves" not only insults their slave ancestors, but their immediate family who fought for civil rights. in my mind, the word is an insult to the entire race of whoever uses it.
for example,if you were walking downtown and some white dude goes "n1gger" you view him as white trash; an ignorant sonofabitch.now what happens if 80% of white people say it. and then the white celebs start saying it.you start to group the race together and think all whites are ignorant bigots. its the same thing with the african americans. you hear it in all walks of the culture in America and thus the outrage i have for the word. yes it makes the person look stupid and disrespectful to their heritage. it would be like a jew calling people kikes. but when its inthe predominant black media and such, its just disrespectful for all.
basically in my previous post, which was a bit rambling and such, i was trying to say, (to steal a line from boondocks) is all these "n1gga moments" with rap songs and ****, is detramental to the race and is PARTLY to blame for racism in the world. and instead of realizing that its this mob mentality to seem ignorant by so many that the few that are trying hernestly to ADVANCE the race to equality is overshadowed.
in summary, the claiming of word is rediculous and makes everyone look ignorant,and i mean everyone because noone,of any race, is trying to stop this media influence. i feel the african community needs to remove these people from the spotlight and put in leaders and role models that want to excell the race in this world to a point that that heritage, though beaten and broken, is honored not tarnished; and that future generations can say "my ancestors, whoever they were, did not suffer in vain because look at us now" instead of "n1gga this and n1gga that"; mocking those who have past.

I never tried to to insult your intelligence. If anything, I asked that you think more about what it is you were saying. You admit that you were "rambling" and I tried to make you more aware of that. I clearly understand and respect this post a lot more than the last one...the second sentence in what I wrote is EXACTLY what your last paragraph is saying. I apologize if you felt insulted, but like Tony said....your final point felt like a spit in the face, and I reacted.

fight club
07-20-2008, 12:36 AM
I never tried to to insult your intelligence. If anything, I asked that you think more about what it is you were saying. You admit that you were "rambling" and I tried to make you more aware of that. I clearly understand and respect this post a lot more than the last one...the second sentence in what I wrote is EXACTLY what your last paragraph is saying. I apologize if you felt insulted, but like Tony said....your final point felt like a spit in the face, and I reacted.

then i apologize as i did not mean to "spit in anyones face" nor downgrade anyone.

tony
07-20-2008, 12:40 AM
then look to your parents and grandparents and see the huge obstacles they have over come. the use of the word and the use of "well my family comes from slaves" not only insults their slave ancestors, but their immediate family who fought for civil rights. in my mind, the word is an insult to the entire race of whoever uses it.

I can pretty much address that along with everything else you typed in basically what I said before.. that is the problem, the parents are not there, at least in the black community it is the absence of fathers.

I guarantee you get a good portion of those black kids that use the term on a regular basis, those kids that do not have respect for who and what they are and a good percentage of them did not have a strong parental base at home. With the lack of fathers to provide and give guidance the mother has to pull her weight as well as his his.. her time is usually spent trying to make ends meet.

I want to expand on this further but I'm quite tired, I'll finish it tomorrow.

Lucky DAWG
07-20-2008, 11:08 AM
One thing i would like to address though that i feel like no one has brought up is the fact that white people can feel that they are the victems of racism too. I have worked at places that are majority black employers when i was younger and have had jokes cracked on me that some wouldn't have taken in such good humor as me.

I have a hard time believing no other white people have experienced the same thing. Sometimes i do feel like black people feel that i am directly responsible for my ancestors and label me before they know me.

Note i do not speak of black people as a whole, just in some instances

ueyedgr8tness
07-20-2008, 02:09 PM
i don't see a problem with it unless their is hate in the use of it. i say it all the time with alot of my black friends, there is no cause for concern b/c they know that i'm not telling them something in a hurtful or racise manner, its just how we've become that its "no one's word" because if it was that big of a deal NO ONE should say it, yet if my friends tell me they are cool with it then why not. i don't use it around some people out of respect but more so b/c those are the people that i haven't either known and they would probably take offense OR the fact that they themselves are racist and i can see it being an issue (even though it would be a double standard) thats my 2 pennies worth

i havent seen yo ni66a a$$ in ages hoe:no: call me fu**er

OK on topic.. I don't mine my other races calling me the n word because i am proud of it.. Even thoe i don't dress blk nore do i talk blk the bottom line is i am still blk and proud of my race. NOW the issue i do have is ppl that don't understand why most blk ppl don't want u calling them a word that your ancesters used when my ancesters where getting hanged. the blk race took the word (NI**er ) and changed it to (ni66a ) as something they could refer to each other because they where proud of there race and what our ancestors went thrue for us to still be here. So when i hear white ppl get mad cause they can't call a blk man a ni66a all i can do is lol!! because why get mad your ancestors was the 1 that went crazy wit the N word after my ancestors sold our blk asses out. the bottom line is what makes u want to use the word and why would u care to use a word that has been mautofied to fit a way of living for a blk man in the *Hood* I have never got into it some 1 for calling me a (N) no matter what race they are. But i have had to beat some friends asses when they got drunk and mad and wanted to use the word incorrect because of anger..

Enough said by the none grammer king till next time..

stephen
07-20-2008, 06:29 PM
One thing i would like to address though that i feel like no one has brought up is the fact that white people can feel that they are the victems of racism too. I have worked at places that are majority black employers when i was younger and have had jokes cracked on me that some wouldn't have taken in such good humor as me.

I have a hard time believing no other white people have experienced the same thing. Sometimes i do feel like black people feel that i am directly responsible for my ancestors and label me before they know me.

Note i do not speak of black people as a whole, just in some instances

I tried to touch on that point a little bit. All races & cultures face injustices, and that's the problem with the WORLD as a whole. Honestly, I commend you for not taking that negative experience, and labeling the black race. If EVERYONE would take the "be-humble" approach (black and white), then maybe we could all move foreward. My own experience hurt a lot (and that's not the only one), but it didn't make me hate white people. More than anything, it made me wish that people with that mentality would try to understand who I really am.

Some people will never understand the term "You don't know what it's like to be _____ (fill in the blank)." I learned about, and have personally been a victim of racism. I'm not just talking about "I can't say a word you can say." No, I could've lost sooo much because of the color of my skin. I could've had a criminal record, lost my scholorship, would've had an even harder time trying to get a career, and could've spent a few years in prison. Why??? Because a white woman felt like all black people look alike. She was mugged/assaulted by a young black kid. I had just finished football practice (I was in high school), and was walking home. A cop stops me, and tells me the lady was mugged, and I fit the description. He shows me to the woman, and she says, "Yeah, that looks like him....They all look alike to me." If it wasn't for the time the crime ACTUALLY happened, the bus driver that dropped me off, and my football coach, they were going to take me to jail. Think about it...

AirMax95
07-21-2008, 09:32 AM
I can pretty much address that along with everything else you typed in basically what I said before.. that is the problem, the parents are not there, at least in the black community it is the absence of fathers.

I guarantee you get a good portion of those black kids that use the term on a regular basis, those kids that do not have respect for who and what they are and a good percentage of them did not have a strong parental base at home. With the lack of fathers to provide and give guidance the mother has to pull her weight as well as his his.. her time is usually spent trying to make ends meet.

I want to expand on this further but I'm quite tired, I'll finish it tomorrow.

Ah yes.......the problem exposed, the answer is simple but hard to acomplish.

Every child is born innocent. Black, white, asian, etc..... It is the parents responsibility to teach them how to be respectable individuals.

EXAMPLES OF THE PROBLEMS (these come from my counseling youth and listening to people) :

White: Some white parents/siblings teach their children that they are superior, better than everyone, and control people. Going deeper, everyone who is not white is inferior to them. Blacks are ignorant, mexicans dont belong here, asians are trying to take over the world......

Blacks: You have to survive how you can, take what you need. No ones gonna give you anything so you must take it (and not legally, lol). Sports is your only chance out of the ghetto/projects to a better life. Gangs are the alternative to a family. They take care of you and have your back. The white man will keep you down, use them and get away from them.

Asains: Trust no one other than your own.

I hear this stuff alot from our children, from age 5-15. The problem will keep repeating itself, thus causing America to slowly die in a sense. If the parents do not raise the children in positive light, to respect those that respect you, all people are created equal, and things of the like, we are doomed. Sometimes it takes more to raise a child than just the parents, sadly the playing field is full of more negative influence vs. postive role models.

I get angry when a child can rap the new Young Jeezy, Luda, Ti, Jay-z, but can't recite time tables, pledge of alegence, or a bible verse. When a child can tell you about the new video game systems, fashion, trends, but can't tell you who invented the technology to use the games, make the clothing, or advertise the trends.

If each child born today, was raised to not use offensive terms, from any racial slur down to homo/fag down to Muttasucka, the world would start a new mindset for the future. Uplift AMERICANS/AMERICA! We are all here and have to deal with each other, lets make it positive.

FYI, cracking jokes are cool, but you can still offend/piss people off, lol.

BABY J
07-21-2008, 10:00 AM

Every child is born innocent. Black, white, asian, etc..... It is the parents responsibility to teach them how to be respectable individuals.

EXAMPLES OF THE PROBLEMS (these come from my counseling youth and listening to people) :

White: Some white parents/siblings teach their children that they are superior, better than everyone, and control people. Going deeper, everyone who is not white is inferior to them. Blacks are ignorant, mexicans dont belong here, asians are trying to take over the world......

Blacks: You have to survive how you can, take what you need. No ones gonna give you anything so you must take it (and not legally, lol). Sports is your only chance out of the ghetto/projects to a better life. Gangs are the alternative to a family. They take care of you and have your back. The white man will keep you down, use them and get away from them.

I hear this stuff alot from our children, from age 5-15. The problem will keep repeating itself, thus causing America to slowly die in a sense. If the parents do not raise the children in positive light, to respect those that respect you, all people are created equal, and things of the like, we are doomed. Sometimes it takes more to raise a child than just the parents, sadly the playing field is full of more negative influence vs. postive role models.

I get angry when a child can rap the new Young Jeezy, Luda, Ti, Jay-z, but can't recite time tables, pledge of alegence, or a bible verse. When a child can tell you about the new video game systems, fashion, trends, but can't tell you who invented the technology to use the games, make the clothing, or advertise the trends.

If each child born today, was raised to not use offensive terms, from any racial slur down to homo/fag down to Muttasucka, the world would start a new mindset for the future. Uplift AMERICANS/AMERICA! We are all here and have to deal with each other, lets make it positive.

+ 80 MILLION. If I had a sister you could f*ck her anytime you want.

Vteckidd
07-21-2008, 10:01 AM

very well said and thanks for your post

+1

BABY J
07-21-2008, 10:05 AM
very well said and thanks for your post

+1

^^ If I had a big hairy brother I'd let him f*ck you anytime he wants as well.:D :cheers:

AirMax95
07-21-2008, 10:51 AM
+ 80 MILLION. If I had a sister you could f*ck her anytime you want.

do you have a hot cousin? :D