PDA

View Full Version : NEW ACCORD/PRELUDE OMGLOLWTFBBQ!?!?!?!1! v5.0

.blank cd
07-17-2008, 06:45 PM
As you guys know, I have hosted all of the previous Accord/Prelude BBQs. This has been the BIGGEST BBQ event/Joint venture between IA/Prelude Power. Every time it just keeps getting bigger and better. People come from all around the South-east for this one. You can ask anyone whos been to one of these BBQs any they can tell you how much fun they had there. This is usually an all day event.

Howerver, due to my recent vehicle aquisition. I will not be able to host this meet alone. I will need your help to cover the park reservation fee. The reservation is not mandatory, however, during the season, the park becomes booked with other events. We need our name to be on this list in order to have a meet like the previous ones. ANYONE who feels they can contribute to the cause can contact me through PM (thats the best way). Then I will let them know how much the retainer fee is, and they can donate anywhere from $1 to the full cost. Only when i know the fee will be covered, can i go ahead and reserve the site and set a date in stone. Lets keep this meet going!!!!!

JayKnight
07-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Hey man, you know I am ALL IN for this one. Pick a date and let us know. Since there is not going to be a NOPI this year, we can do the end of August if that is good for you.

HERE IS THE PRELUDE POWER VERSION (http://preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296439) SO we can cross promote this, and see where it takes off.

I will help with the cost and not make any wings. I will still man the grill, and keep every one eating.

Keep me posted.

Later !!!

.blank cd
07-17-2008, 07:03 PM
PM'ed

Nittanys1
07-17-2008, 07:20 PM
aww man I want to help out grilling :D I can contribute some cash! just will have to give it to you when i show up...to save gas :D

IndianStig
07-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Setup a paypal account and I will paypal you like 5-10$. How much is the Fees? Post them publicly so we know how much we need to raise to make this possible!

Can we do it the weekend of 30/31 of August?

I believe we should have a show guys!

Prelude Class with:
3rd, 4th, 5th gen best of subclasses
Best Show Lude
Best Go Lude
Best of Prelude Class

Accord Class with:
4th, 5th, 6th, 7th Gen Best of subclasses Show trophies and Go trophies within each class
Best of Accord Class

Best of other class show and go

Best of Show accord prelude only.

Maybe we could hand out certificates and medals instead of trophies to keep the cost low? We could charge 5-10$ entrance which would cover the cost of the park.

Just an idea.

DaMaGe ZWK
07-17-2008, 07:47 PM
You guys know im in... let me know how much it is and I'll try and pay a good bit....

hondachik
07-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Awesome. I think I should start becoming more active in the Accord meets. Are there any Accord groups on IA? Sorry I'm new to the Accord scene.

JayKnight
07-17-2008, 07:58 PM
I like the way this is looking already.
I will also throw in some $$$ to help with the reservation.

If Blank_CD has a PayPal account, I think everyone that wants
to attend, send him a few dollars to help cover the cost. The last 4 time Geoff paid out of pocket. I think he deserves a break this time. We can all send him the $$$ to get it reserved, since he knows how to contact them.

csmiths
07-17-2008, 10:44 PM
geoff ill just throw you some cash when i see you next, probably this weekend or at IA WOOT!!!!, but yea you know im down, and ill be spreading the word about the bbq, i know alot of 6thgeners want to come, so it will be getting bigger.

slostang
07-17-2008, 10:50 PM
you cook me food, I'll help pay.

IMPORTchic
07-17-2008, 11:14 PM
You KNOW I am in! No BSin! I will try and make some kind of sweet goodies...if not....buy...haha! And throw in on the place!

EVeryone is going to have to step up and actually pay in!
Not fair to Geoff! =)

CAnt wait though! Got me a grill last time out of it all.....wonder what Iam going to get this time!? MUAHAHAHAHAH!

Revmaynard
07-17-2008, 11:20 PM
Good luck guys, keeping the scene alive. :goodjob:

K24cb7coupe
07-17-2008, 11:20 PM
i got a dub on it

WhiteAccord
07-18-2008, 12:35 AM
Definently down to help with the reservations, chances are ill donate money once I get there.

No matter what Ill be out to rep for the 6thgens.

G.C
07-18-2008, 10:48 AM
i'll toss in some money. This is going to be my first time attending this bbq. Hope we get some clean pics and nice runs. Will it be fine if my friend drives his Civic? Or this is strictly for Accord/Preludes

IndianStig
07-18-2008, 11:04 AM
no one interested in doing the show?

DaMaGe ZWK
07-18-2008, 11:14 AM
no one interested in doing the show?
Hell I am... Guess we gotta get worry about getting the place rented first... anyone started the paypal account up yet and got us the price yet?

IMPORTchic
07-18-2008, 11:16 AM
We need more advertisement!!!!! lol

If we dont have this meet I am going to be ticked!

hondachik
07-18-2008, 11:18 AM
I will be there!!! ;)

IndianStig
07-18-2008, 11:21 AM
I wouldn't wanna go about plannin a show part of it w/out permission from Geoff and Jay since they are the ones who originally started the meet. Im sure we have more then enough time to get this off the ground for the last weekend of august.

IMPORTchic
07-18-2008, 11:37 AM
Seeing that I have already talked to Geoff and he wants to do this as long as people are actually going to pitch in this time, I think its A-O-KAY! =)

....and well obviously he started the thread......

IndianStig
07-18-2008, 12:16 PM
Nah i was talking about planning a show for the meet, getting trophies/medals made, picking judges, making flyers, setting a entrance fee and registration forms and what not.

If they just want it to be a chill bbq then im down with that. I believe having a sideshow would be a great way to make it a lil more interesting and a way to cover the cost of the meet itself.

IMPORTchic
07-18-2008, 12:31 PM
As long as people will step up and pay their part then just havin a chill BBQ would be better than throwing in all the other effort IMO.....just good to meet up with everyone, eat, and chill. Not worry about cleanin the car to a T and that kinda stuff. Enough shows for that......

IndianStig
07-18-2008, 12:35 PM
idk makes it interesting though! lol plus its a way to attract more people to comeout too.

IMPORTchic
07-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Possbily true...lol

Anyone wanna detail the lude for me if it turns into a show??! hah I have absolutly not enough time.....

DaMaGe ZWK
07-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Possbily true...lol

Anyone wanna detail the lude for me if it turns into a show??! hah I have absolutly not enough time.....
I thought you were gonna come detail mine?

.blank cd
07-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Wow! Didnt think the response was gonna be this big! I guess if everything pans out, this meet/show is in the works! IndianStig had a cool idea of making it a show. I wont have the bank for trophys, but i'll make some certificates or something like that with different catagories. and if i can get enough, i'll throw some foods in!

Im not exactly a paypal master, but i have an account. My e-mail is [email protected] if thats what you need. I dont know what else you need to send $$$. i just buy stuff from e-bay. Like i said before, any kind of donation can help. I'd like to keep this BBQ themed but i like the show Idea too.

The last few times we have been at one of the smaller campsites. This was ok until last time where we had more people show up than we had parking spaces. The park ranger told some to move down to the visitors center to park and walk down. which was ok. This time since im anticipating a huge turnout, plus w/ a show. I'd like to rent the site with a bigger parking lot. The retainer is $100.00 due the week after i call and reserve it. Id like to set the date @ the 23rd to give people some time to prepare and ask off and everything.

IMPORTchic
07-18-2008, 01:25 PM
I thought you were gonna come detail mine?

I might detail something else! ;)

......haha riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.........

DaMaGe ZWK
07-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Wow! Didnt think the response was gonna be this big! I guess if everything pans out, this meet/show is in the works! IndianStig had a cool idea of making it a show. I wont have the bank for trophys, but i'll make some certificates or something like that with different catagories. and if i can get enough, i'll throw some foods in!

Im not exactly a paypal master, but i have an account. My e-mail is [email protected] if thats what you need. I dont know what else you need to send $$$. i just buy stuff from e-bay. Like i said before, any kind of donation can help. I'd like to keep this BBQ themed but i like the show Idea too.

The last few times we have been at one of the smaller campsites. This was ok until last time where we had more people show up than we had parking spaces. The park ranger told some to move down to the visitors center to park and walk down. which was ok. This time since im anticipating a huge turnout, plus w/ a show. I'd like to rent the site with a bigger parking lot. The retainer is $100.00 due the week after i call and reserve it. Id like to set the date @ the 23rd to give people some time to prepare and ask off and everything.
well if its a $100 then I will go ahead and pay half of it....

slostang
07-18-2008, 03:03 PM
what park will this be at?

IMPORTchic
07-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Its at lake altoona. Coopers branch or something like that. Its right off of 75 exit right north of cartersville. You take a right off of the exit and then another right beside wendys. I dont think we have a certain spot up there selected yet though....

IMPORTchic
07-18-2008, 03:30 PM
what park will this be at?

You're not invited....lol :lmfao:

jk :D

JayKnight
07-18-2008, 03:52 PM
I wouldn't wanna go about plannin a show part of it w/out permission from Geoff and Jay since they are the ones who originally started the meet. Im sure we have more then enough time to get this off the ground for the last weekend of august.

Good call on that. It is a bit short notice to try to add a show to an already off the hook BBQ. If there is in fact some interest about doing a show, we can try to do one later in the year, Maybe October, when it starts to cool off.

And thanks for recognizing us originators. We had no idea that we could/would pull these off with as much success as we have.

We are both open to any and all ideas, so keep them coming. We will do our best to include as many as we can.

This next meet is going to be great, judging from this thread that is not even a week old. Now all I have to do is come oup with some new hot wing flavors.

Looking forward to seeing all the people we met in the past, meeting some new ones.

Later !!!

IndianStig
07-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Good call on that. It is a bit short notice to try to add a show to an already off the hook BBQ. If there is in fact some interest about doing a show, we can try to do one later in the year, Maybe October, when it starts to cool off.

And thanks for recognizing us originators. We had no idea that we could/would pull these off with as much success as we have.

We are both open to any and all ideas, so keep them coming. We will do our best to include as many as we can.

This next meet is going to be great, judging from this thread that is not even a week old. Now all I have to do is come oup with some new hot wing flavors.

Looking forward to seeing all the people we met in the past, meeting some new ones.

Later !!!

NP jay, let praise be given where praise is deserved. Good job on making this meet so successful to both of you.

Perhaps we can save for the show untill the beginning of next season then. Give me some time to slam my car, hook up a system and paint a lip that i have yet to buy. We could put the word out this time though and even give certificates to those with the nicest cars out there this time. I'll make all the certificates and have them professionally printed. I might need some help photoshopping an Accord Prelude logo, lol.

Also, i'll pay pal you some dough in a few days Geoff.

.blank cd
07-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Werd. Thanks guys!!

TurboLude
07-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Count me in. This will be my first meet like this. I'm new to the whole prelude world. And I will definitely chip in some money.

DaMaGe ZWK
07-18-2008, 06:02 PM
OK so i sent half of the rent so you guys should be able to cover the rest... I expect a good meal out of this LOL and there better be a good turnout! check your paypal blank cd....

.blank cd
07-18-2008, 06:08 PM
OK so i sent half of the rent so you guys should be able to cover the rest... I expect a good meal out of this LOL and there better be a good turnout! check your paypal blank cd....Thanks man!!! REPS!

tdurr
07-19-2008, 12:11 AM
Just call my name!!! and I'll be there!!!

but really, Ill try and go. Even if i dont have the accord anymore :(
T-durr

JayKnight
07-19-2008, 12:47 AM
OK so i sent half of the rent so you guys should be able to cover the rest... I expect a good meal out of this LOL and there better be a good turnout! check your paypal blank cd....

WAY TO STEP UP.....REPS COMING YOUR WAY
If everyone would step up like you did, this event would be huge.
Thanks for your contribution. I will make sure you get special treatment off the grill.

Later !!!

DaSmittyman
07-19-2008, 02:57 PM
Ill throw in some money especially since it will be my first bbq

.blank cd
07-19-2008, 03:11 PM
If you would like to donate, my paypal e-mail is on the 2nd page, or just PM me and i'll send it to ya

Drummerboy
07-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Ill bring as many 2 liters as i can, can that be me contribution? like, 20 of em?

and is the date set in stone? i need to know for work.

Crazy Asian
07-19-2008, 03:35 PM
LAST SHOW FOR THE PRELUDE BEFORE I DITCH HER!!!!

UBERGRMN
07-19-2008, 03:52 PM
when is this?

IndianStig
07-19-2008, 06:34 PM
LAST SHOW FOR THE PRELUDE BEFORE I DITCH HER!!!!

are you getting a new tib? damn koreans takin over the world.

if you are hell yah. i want one too.

tdurr
07-19-2008, 07:07 PM
lol @ jordan. just get a bunch of hondas to come that are 2L hehe....

But ill try and come, ill chip in some $$ when i can.
T-durr

.blank cd
07-19-2008, 07:21 PM
bring whatever you want. people are encouraged to bring food and drinks if they can as well. We'll still need the regular grilling essentials. Im just kinda currently financially exhausted right now.

Crazy Asian
07-19-2008, 10:26 PM
are you getting a new tib? damn koreans takin over the world.

if you are hell yah. i want one too.

It's a secret.

IMPORTchic
07-20-2008, 05:43 PM
YAY Thanks zach for stepping up! Im not sure if I have said this before but I will bring some kind of sweets! Any suggestions on what people like?! And how much I need to make/buy?

tdurr
07-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Lil debbies. As much as you can afford, and snickers lol

Ill see about beetn some food... Ill just save up some $$.. When the date is set pm me soemone to make sure i kno...
T-durr

IMPORTchic
07-20-2008, 07:07 PM
Hah I will get right on that!

Everyone better pitch in some way!!

....if not.....I will sick the soccer ball eating PIT on you!
MUAHAHAHAH! =)

Sol-Badguy
07-20-2008, 07:09 PM
You know I'm down.

I'll help out anyway I can.

BB1_Luda
07-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Ill bring some food!

Crazy Asian
07-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Just for you 5th gen owners, Ill show up if you are looking for some JDM parts for your Lude you let me know. I got a JDM Front Bumper, Lip, Grill and of course Fog and for 400 Bucks and your old bumper and I got some other goods as well. Im parting out so I can sell the Lude. We'll talk when I see you there but ya just a heads up.

DaSmittyman
07-21-2008, 12:10 AM
when is this?

so are we setting up on august 23rd?!

IMPORTchic
07-21-2008, 12:56 AM
Just for you 5th gen owners, Ill show up if you are looking for some JDM parts for your Lude you let me know. I got a JDM Front Bumper, Lip, Grill and of course Fog and for 400 Bucks and your old bumper and I got some other goods as well. Im parting out so I can sell the Lude. We'll talk when I see you there but ya just a heads up.

Bring it all if its not on there!! lol

JayKnight
07-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Hey there IMPORTChic....you gonna bring that tree fetching dog again? He/She was awesome. I like how he/she would spin around trying to find the perfect butt angle when told to sit. Awesome pooch.

Hope to see you both there.

Later !!!

DaMaGe ZWK
07-21-2008, 12:18 PM
cant wait....

IMPORTchic
07-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Heeeeeeeeyyy!
Yes sir I am going to bring her! Never go anywhere without her! She is umm....a human fetching dog now though...lol She protects me and my car! She is HUGE!!

UpSideDownDesi
07-21-2008, 12:53 PM
depending on day and time...i might be able to swing by in my accord.

.blank cd
07-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Well, im out. It was fun while it lasted. It seems that i couldnt accomodate enough members for certain days. Im leaving it up to DamageH22A and IMPORTchic to manage this time. Please do not send NE more donations to me

IMPORTchic
07-21-2008, 02:48 PM
THis is crazy....so what is the date. I give up. Unless somethin crazy comes up I guess I can either suck it up and go to whatever day it is, or not go at all. I just want to have it when its best for everyone. Now people are screaming they want to go to mainstreams dyno event on the 16th and thats cool. That only leaves the sunday of the 24th though open for the month of august. They are booked all the way til the end of august after the saturday the 16th. So anyone have any suggestions?

IndianStig
07-21-2008, 02:52 PM
dang. 24th might be good?

idk if i'll even have this car then. i really want something just automatic.

atlaccordz94
07-21-2008, 08:48 PM
ill be there, lemme know how i can contribute?

Me86Rob
07-21-2008, 09:02 PM
can i come in my mustang? i used to have a prelude ha and i can cook

Nittanys1
07-21-2008, 09:03 PM
no!

We have plenty of cooks, me included...

DaMaGe ZWK
07-21-2008, 09:18 PM
we need some input from you guys... what day does everyone want?

G.C
07-21-2008, 09:21 PM
August 9th?

Nittanys1
07-21-2008, 09:22 PM
lol, after reading the last few post...ill be at LANIER on the 24th chillaxin :D

Nittanys1
07-21-2008, 09:23 PM
August 9th?

I will be out of town.

csmiths
07-21-2008, 09:28 PM
damn this fell apart real quick. ill help get it planned if ppl dont want to, but from what i read, allatoona is booked?????, but any weekend is good for me.

IMPORTchic
07-21-2008, 09:28 PM
Really....WHEN? Someone please speak up......who all is going to dyno day on the 16th @mainstream?

IMPORTchic
07-21-2008, 09:29 PM
damn this fell apart real quick. ill help get it planned if ppl dont want to, but from what i read, allatoona is booked?????, but any weekend is good for me.

I called. Altoona is open on the 16th.

So its either on dyno day.....or on a sunday the 24th?

What yall think?

csmiths
07-21-2008, 09:33 PM
24th, gives ppl time to get ready.

UBERGRMN
07-21-2008, 09:35 PM
dyno day is gay

DaSmittyman
07-21-2008, 10:03 PM
Im up for helping you out CSmith( since were in the area) and ImportChic, the 24th sounds or 16th sounds fine, people can come after they get dyno'd. i guess a roll call for the 24th for who can show. Does it half to be at alatoona? maybe six flags haha jk but seriously any where else? IMO just have it at a park with a big parking lot and bring some portable grills and charcoal haha

ChaoticArcanum
07-22-2008, 07:54 AM
Looks like i am in... WOOT!

G.C
07-22-2008, 08:02 AM
Dynoday is fine with me too. Not going there anyways.

DaMaGe ZWK
07-22-2008, 10:03 AM
im pretty sure im going to dyno day... but if the meet is gonna be somewhere else then I really dont want to go...

IMPORTchic
07-22-2008, 11:16 AM
omga.....really people...cant we compromise?!
Come up with SOMETHING?!
Who all is okay with a sunday?
That seems to be a better selection seeing that a ton of people ARE going to dyno day. Including damageh22a which is helping with the ALTOONA(COOPERS BRANCH) site that we were at last time.

And not to mention....Geoff might come then....lol

Imadaman
07-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Sundays fine

hondachik
07-22-2008, 03:11 PM
So...the date please?

IndianStig
07-22-2008, 03:15 PM
guys looks like im outta the game again. might have a tundra this weekend im down for helping ya'll tow something to the meets though haha.

i'd still like to come though.

DaSmittyman
07-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Alright Sunday the 25th at Alatoona

csmiths
07-22-2008, 04:34 PM
just set it for that sunday, at alatoona

tdurr
07-22-2008, 07:49 PM
SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
T-durr

Edit: ARG post 133...:2up:

X-Runner
07-22-2008, 08:48 PM
Can I come even though I dont have an accord/prelude? Someone here knows why I would want to come ;) haha

IMPORTchic
07-23-2008, 03:27 AM
Okay. Sunday the 24th! Not 25th! lol thats a monday!!! Sounds good to me I guess. REally the only last resort!

And as for you coming X-runner...I could care less, just dont park in the middle of all the cars and mess it up! ;) lol

X-Runner
07-23-2008, 06:25 AM
Thats the day before my birthday lol. Well Im off to work.

IMPORTchic
07-28-2008, 10:44 PM
bump bump bump.....teeeeeeee bump

=)

DaSmittyman
07-29-2008, 06:36 AM
to da top again~|!

DaMaGe ZWK
07-29-2008, 09:38 AM
so how many people are gonna be going? Are you going to be the leader of this SIC?

DaMaGe ZWK
07-29-2008, 06:42 PM
I will be the leader because I have been to everymeet and I also own Geoffs old Accord.. Geoff no longer has a Honda anymore so I will be there doing this.

I will get with Geoff and if you are going to go PM me and let me know so I will have a list. If you are going to help pay please let me know so I can give you my paypal and we can rent this. Please feel free to bring food, drinks, plates, or anything else you can to help out. We would not be able to do this without help from everyone.

Thanks guys!
will you sell me the car so I can be leader?

G.C
07-29-2008, 08:44 PM
i will be going.

DaMaGe ZWK
07-29-2008, 09:08 PM
i will be going.
good... hope to see you there... you still have your blue prelude?

G.C
07-29-2008, 09:10 PM
good... hope to see you there... you still have your blue prelude?

Yeah. i did a swap on it month ago. i'll see you there too. btw where did you get your foglights? Mine broke so i took them off.

mushroom_toy
07-29-2008, 11:41 PM
ill be there if my clavicle is healed by then

DaMaGe ZWK
07-30-2008, 07:09 AM
Yeah. i did a swap on it month ago. i'll see you there too. btw where did you get your foglights? Mine broke so i took them off.
what kind of swap did you get? i got them at passwordjdm... I got another set of jdm ones that im prolly gonna put on... Ill let you know if i sell these....

.blank cd
07-30-2008, 05:34 PM
will you sell me the car so I can be leader?no. My car will not be passed around Import Atlanta like some kind of automotive whore

tdurr
07-30-2008, 06:46 PM
i wanna go.. but court ftl... if i cant take the accord ill be there in a buddys civic :)
T-durr

K24cb7coupe
07-30-2008, 08:50 PM
so is there a date and time set, if so lets get it posted on the first page.

DaMaGe ZWK
07-30-2008, 09:56 PM
i wanna go.. but court ftl... if i cant take the accord ill be there in a buddys civic :)
T-durr
court on a sunday? wtf?

k20siboii
07-30-2008, 10:49 PM
im down man
please pm the price
maybe i can pull something off
not making promises
but want to see this happen

G.C
08-01-2008, 08:32 AM
i wanna go.. but court ftl... if i cant take the accord ill be there in a buddys civic
T-durr

Theres is NO court on Sundays.

EmminoDaGreat
08-01-2008, 08:54 AM
I wont be there ..

IMPORTchic
08-02-2008, 02:33 PM
This is hopeless.....

WhiteAccord
08-02-2008, 02:34 PM
So are doing this or not?

EmminoDaGreat
08-02-2008, 02:43 PM
bring the damn grill to the dyno day n bbq there

mushroom_toy
08-02-2008, 02:50 PM
well according to prelude power theirs is still on, but as for the accord/prelude meet?

WhiteAccord
08-02-2008, 03:09 PM
well according to prelude power theirs is still on, but as for the accord/prelude meet?

**** it.. LOL, im gonna go anyways. Theres bound to be some Accord guys up there anyways.

tdurr
08-02-2008, 07:28 PM
wait. wut sunday again? lol

court on a sunday? wtf?
Im gonna have to go to court to try and get my car back, and its not gonna happen before the bbq :(
T-durr

G.C
08-02-2008, 08:50 PM
i'm still going.

ChaoticArcanum
08-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Well today is the 24th and I guess everyone forgot about it...

Nice

K24cb7coupe
08-25-2008, 11:35 AM
if you would had it up on the first page some people might have shown up.

Nittanys1
08-25-2008, 01:09 PM
mehh it was nasty outside, no one had talked up anything, I was sick...so yeah did anyone meet up?

tdurr
08-25-2008, 07:00 PM
lol i forgotz about this sucker. Prob wouldnt have been able to go anyways...

IMPORTchic
08-25-2008, 07:45 PM
haha nothing was ever organized!

Meet=FAIL!!!

clean CD5
08-26-2008, 05:52 PM
when is this accord/prelude meet gonna be? who has a date???

ChaoticArcanum
08-29-2008, 12:35 AM
It has already passed..