PDA

View Full Version : Import Atlanta Photography Challenge #1

CHADbee
07-17-2008, 06:43 PM
these challenges will run on a weekly schedule...the 1st one everybody gets alittle more than a week. normally the challenge will run sunday night at 8PM to sunday night at 8PM and when the new challenge is posted the previous weeks photos will be posted in a poll and voted on. the poll will not be a public poll...meaning no one will be able to see who voted for what photo, hopefully this will keep people from voting for their "homeslices" instead of for what they think is the best photo. deadline for all pictures to be submitted is sundays at 7PM. PM me the photo you want to submit and ill will post them in the poll.

Import Atlanta Photography Challenge #1 is "shapes"

any photo of anything but there must be noticeable shape/shapes to the subject of the photo....no photos where there is just a shape in the photo. the shape must be the SUBJECT of the photo. im sure you get what i mean.

good luck everybody...and have fun with it! :camera:

CHADbee
07-17-2008, 07:13 PM
and it is assumed the photo you submit must be one you took after this thread was posted.

CHADbee
07-17-2008, 09:01 PM
*not my photography work*

here are few examples of what we are going for....

http://www.nikoncafe.com/moderator/ChallengeImages/ch47a.jpg

http://www.nikoncafe.com/moderator/ChallengeImages/ch47b.jpg

13Bracer
07-17-2008, 09:15 PM
awesome..

so do we just post pics in this thread when we are ready to submit?

CHADbee
07-17-2008, 09:58 PM
awesome..

so do we just post pics in this thread when we are ready to submit?
i think everybody should see everybody's photos at the same time. PM me the photo you want to submit before next sunday before 7PM. next sunday night ill make a poll and post every ones photos then people can vote on which one they like the most.

then after i make that poll ill make another thread with the next IA photography challenge and we will shoot that subject while everybody votes on last weeks photos :D

the poll's will be up for 7 days then it will close and we will see the results.

13Bracer
07-17-2008, 10:08 PM
awesome...sounds good to me:goodjob:

CHADbee
07-17-2008, 10:15 PM
awesome...sounds good to me:goodjob:
itll be cool cause every sunday night we will get to see the results of the poll, see everyones photos of the last challenge and get our new subject.

sunday nights will be wild in the :camera: section LOL

this sunday night wont have any action since we have a week and 3 days for the 1st challenge but we will get in the flow!

13Bracer
07-17-2008, 10:20 PM
itll be cool cause every sunday night we will get to see the results of the poll, see everyones photos of the last challenge and get our new subject.

sunday nights will be wild in the :camera: section LOL

this sunday night wont have any action since we have a week and 3 days for the 1st challenge but we will get in the flow!
for sure..
but im gunna give it my best...cause im still a big NOOB when it comes to photography

james
07-17-2008, 10:24 PM
another thing to definitely mention is the fact that the photo should be taken only during the week of the photo challenge...no digging through your personal archive of something you took on a whim 3 years ago. Just check the exif data on it, if it was taken some outside of the week, its DQ'd if you ask me.

just my .02

EJ_Allmota
07-17-2008, 10:25 PM
cool.. i like this..

CHADbee
07-17-2008, 10:28 PM
another thing to definitely mention is the fact that the photo should be taken only during the week of the photo challenge...no digging through your personal archive of something you took on a whim 3 years ago. Just check the exif data on it, if it was taken some outside of the week, its DQ'd if you ask me.

just my .02
im hoping everybody here is mature enough not to cheat in a online photography contest. we are all pretty much cool with each other and i honestly dont believe any of the photography regulars would pull a stunt like that. i wanted to do this to keep people motivated to take pictures and it will help push us farther in the hobby we all love....and doing something like that would pretty much ruin the whole point of this challenge. :cheers:

r0bb86
07-18-2008, 05:34 AM
Just curious - was that second picture taken on Ellis Island?
Looks just like that tiled roof, awesome pix!
/thread jack.

Sol-Badguy
07-18-2008, 11:02 AM
I'm on it today. :goodjob:

DinanM3atl
07-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Hmmmmmmmmm

.blank cd
07-18-2008, 01:05 PM
awesome. Im on it

DinanM3atl
07-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Couple Shapes stacked on top of each other :)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3006/2597064640_82aee337c6_b.jpg

CHADbee
07-18-2008, 05:13 PM
Couple Shapes stacked on top of each other :)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3006/2597064640_82aee337c6_b.jpg
thats what we are looking for....stuff like that^

when everybody has the photo they are 100% sure they want to summit for the poll just shoot me a PM with a link/the photo and ill make the poll next sunday night :goodjob:

DinanM3atl
07-18-2008, 05:33 PM
I want the picture I posted.

Should I PM you?

.blank cd
07-18-2008, 05:54 PM

Should I PM you?pwned. He wanted u to PM the picture so he could post all of them w/ no names on em, to help eliminate favoritisim :goodjob:

BTW, is there any limit to how much post processing can be done?

CHADbee
07-18-2008, 06:25 PM
pwned. He wanted u to PM the picture so he could post all of them w/ no names on em, to help eliminate favoritisim :goodjob:

BTW, is there any limit to how much post processing can be done?
i kinda wanted it done that way so everybody would see all the pictures at one time. im sure everybody will have water marks on their photos so you will still know whos photos is whos but oh well...hopefully people will be mature enough to vote for the best photo and having the poll not public should help some.

no limits on anything. do what you do. :goodjob:

CHADbee
07-18-2008, 06:26 PM

Should I PM you?
did you take that picture today?

DinanM3atl
07-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Um No.

I took it on my honeymoon :)

CHADbee
07-18-2008, 07:41 PM
Um No.

I took it on my honeymoon :)
the photo you submit must be taken the week of the challenge :goodjob:

just my .02

im hoping everybody here is mature enough not to cheat in a online photography contest. we are all pretty much cool with each other and i honestly dont believe any of the photography regulars would pull a stunt like that. i wanted to do this to keep people motivated to take pictures and it will help push us farther in the hobby we all love....and doing something like that would pretty much ruin the whole point of this challenge. :cheers:

DinanM3atl
07-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Damn.

Well I will have to see if I stumble onto something.

eViLMunkey
07-18-2008, 08:34 PM
ok there ya go.. a few shapes intertwined

WhiteAccord
07-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Just a shot from Piedmont Park.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn34/SC2JZ300/a.jpg

.blank cd
07-19-2008, 07:30 PM
lol, you gotta PM S&W w/ the shot by next sunday dude!! send him a different one

CHADbee
07-19-2008, 08:59 PM
people....please READ

atlantamx3
07-20-2008, 11:11 PM
most of the photography forums I am on, the contest pics are posted as you go along. not all at once.

Voting occurs withing a certain time frame though.

Kinda weird to post them all at once if you ask me-- which you didnt.

:shrug:

CHADbee
07-20-2008, 11:41 PM
most of the photography forums I am on, the contest pics are posted as you go along. not all at once.

Voting occurs withing a certain time frame though.

Kinda weird to post them all at once if you ask me-- which you didnt.

:shrug:
yeah all the photography forums im on they do it like that too. but with only 10-15 at most that will compete in this i thought itd be cool for everybody to do their best they can do and everything be toss'd out at the same time. kinda like we are playing poker lol

i dont know....this has been talked about for years but nobody has ever stepped u to get it done and organize it so i just kinda took rules from other forums and add'd my own little twist and put out there. hopefully it goes well and we continue to has lots of participation. :goodjob:

CHADbee
07-23-2008, 08:33 PM
you people better step it up! i just got a top quality shot that also very creative.

only a few more days....better get one the ball!!!!!

13Bracer
07-27-2008, 11:14 AM
so today is when voting starts?

sakasaku
07-27-2008, 11:39 AM
I dont get can any one put it in c student language ???

CHADbee
07-27-2008, 01:17 PM
so today is when voting starts?
all photos must be PM'd to me by tonight at 7PM

ill put the poll up tonight at 8PM to let the voting start :goodjob:

Sol-Badguy
07-27-2008, 02:37 PM
kekeke

I can't wait!

.blank cd
07-27-2008, 04:09 PM
I missed this week. I guess shapes arent. my thing. But let the nature subject come up. I will decemate all....

CHADbee
07-27-2008, 04:18 PM
I missed this week. I guess shapes arent. my thing. But let the nature subject come up. I will decemate all....
you still got time dude....ANYTHING thats a shape. nature has shapes in it so go find them!!!!!

this is easy. a baseball, bottle cap, candle,, anything. you still got 2 hours.

.blank cd
07-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Im kinda far away from the camera tho