PDA

View Full Version : +1 For The Good Guys

ultm8mind
07-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Well, I just wanted to post up a little something that happened to my buddy. I thought it was AWESOME, maybe some of you will to. Chalk one up for the good guys!!! Sorry thieves, we don't play like that.....

A Fort Carson soldier recently back from his second tour in Iraq, fired two shots at a man allegedly trying to steal his car; one of the shots hit the suspect.

The Whole Story:

Don't think so..... (http://www.koaa.com/aaaa_top_stories/x471793574/Soldier-shoots-man-trying-to-steal-his-car)

MistaCee
07-17-2008, 01:47 PM
I hope they clear him from the charges. Thieve should have died.

ultm8mind
07-17-2008, 07:45 PM
I hope so too

slostang
07-17-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm going to finish the job.

brb

BanginJimmy
07-17-2008, 09:24 PM
He is on a very slippery slope and could rightfully be charged with aggrivated assault. Because the car wasnt a threat to him anymore, proven by the first shot through the pass door and second shot through the truck, he loses the defense of self defense.

tony
07-17-2008, 09:30 PM
He is on a very slippery slope and could rightfully be charged with aggrivated assault. Because the car wasnt a threat to him anymore, proven by the first shot through the pass door and second shot through the truck, he loses the defense of self defense.

Not only that but having the forethought to go back into the house to get his gun..the argument can be made that he put his own life in danger by going back instead of not calling the police. Its a slippery slope there and he may be in for a legal battle especially if the guy dies due to his wounds.

If he was in Texas or Georgia he would be clear.. in Colorado I'm not so sure. It sucks but that is the way our judicial system works.

HyPer50
07-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Too bad dude didn't die... There would be alot less crimes if criminals actually feared being shot to death by the targeted victims.

silversol
07-17-2008, 10:04 PM
i ll bet he wont try to take another car! good for him i dont think he should be charged.

ultm8mind
07-17-2008, 10:24 PM
He's from Texas, hence the "get my gun" metod of thinking, LOL. He's a good guy, hopefully they let him walk, we'll see if the thief pops his head up somewhere. All shots were fired into the car from the drivers side btw. One exited the passenger side and the other the trunk, not like he was running around the car, lol. But yeah, I hope nothing comes of it, we'll see.....

PawnShopCEO
07-17-2008, 10:27 PM
hard to say.. cause he could have easily gotten out of the way of the car... but he is allowed to try to prevent his car from being stolen... and at that very second he thought his life was in danger.. so i think he may have a defense. It's not wise to stand behind the car, but i suppose he can stand there to prevent his car from being stolen

BanginJimmy
07-17-2008, 10:33 PM
The first shot went through the passenger window and exited through the driver side door. The second shot went in through the trunk, passed through the driver seat and seatbelt, wounding the suspect.

This is seriously going to hurt your friend's case if it is accurate. That was in no way self defense.

Tony, in GA you cannot use deadly force to protect property, it can only be used to protect human life.

ultm8mind
07-17-2008, 10:39 PM
He was saying something else, lol. I got it third hand, but laughed about it. His ass just got back from Iraq (note the goatee). He is outta control, but if the gunshot "victim" doesn't show up, is there a crime? I dunno....

ShooterMcGavin
07-18-2008, 07:07 AM

i ALMOST agree. he MIGHT be bailed out by the fact that the dumbass tried to run him over with the car, at that point he was in great danger of bodily harm so it becomes justified that he fired. however, it could still very well be aggravated assault just based on the fact that he pointed a gun at someone who was not at that point a threat to him as well as firing while the guy was fleeing...will be interesting to see what happens to him.

Ed
07-18-2008, 07:16 AM
where is crazy asian?

ShooterMcGavin
07-18-2008, 07:30 AM
^^^wtf does that have to do w/anything you damn messican? :thinking:

yogi08
07-18-2008, 08:08 AM
i think he should be able to have it dropped for being a solider, but its different if he went out and just shot someone. i see it as self defense.. but then again what does anyone opinion on IA matter.

ultm8mind
07-18-2008, 08:27 AM
I second that Yogi, but hey, not everyone thinks like us. But he should also not get off just for being a Soldier, but because it was justified, well, to me anyways....

Ed
07-18-2008, 08:31 AM
^^^wtf does that have to do w/anything you damn messican? :thinking:

he hasnt posted in a few days... maybe it was him

yogi08
07-18-2008, 08:31 AM
if served for my country and i was ballin out of control id bail him out of jail or pay off the court system. yah trick yah! haha

ShooterMcGavin
07-18-2008, 09:23 AM
he hasnt posted in a few days... maybe it was him
we should be so lucky...