PDA

View Full Version : Life Insurance

DieselNuts
07-17-2008, 12:17 PM
does anyone know what kind of exams you are given when applying for life insurance? All BS aside, do they give you a drug test?

carbon_crash
07-17-2008, 12:21 PM
does anyone know what kind of exams you are given when applying for life insurance? All BS aside, do they give you a drug test?

Most places(depending provider) will require you to take a blood test at least. They mostly want to get a clean bill of health for you from a doctor. Meaning: NO aids/HIV, no cancer, or any other major terminal illness

DieselNuts
07-17-2008, 12:24 PM
okay. Well, Im not a crack/coke/meth head or anything like that, but I do smoke weed. Is that something they would check for durring the blood test?

Echonova
07-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Yes, and they check your blood for nicotine also, to see if your a (regular) smoker...

DieselNuts
07-17-2008, 02:06 PM
So you are saying that they check your blood for THC?

T.S.
07-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Derek are you thick in the head or what? haha yeah they test your THC level. They want to see if you do any kinda drugs at all.

DieselNuts
07-17-2008, 02:24 PM
damnit....that sucks...

BanginJimmy
07-17-2008, 02:25 PM
damnit....that sucks...

growing up does suck, get used to it.

Sammich
07-17-2008, 02:31 PM
lol^

yea quit smoking u idiot..

BTW i didnt get any tests when i got life insurance thru my job...

Ran
07-17-2008, 02:33 PM
yea quit smoking u idiot..x2

Listen to this man.

ironchef
07-17-2008, 02:41 PM
x2

Listen to this man.Did PBS just say something halfway valuable? :eek:

Sammich
07-17-2008, 02:42 PM
make urself useful and iron my shirt

ironchef
07-17-2008, 02:44 PM
make urself useful and iron my shirtThats what your wife is for.

IndianStig
07-17-2008, 02:45 PM
i don't see why you are knockin on him soo much. how much do you guys drink?

yes, they check it. as well as a full physical is what my parents had. just blood sample and physical really. DO NOT ADMIT YOU SMOKE!

Sammich
07-17-2008, 02:46 PM
Thats what your wife is for.

she irons my boxers..u iron my shirts..get to it

BanginJimmy
07-17-2008, 02:52 PM
DO NOT ADMIT YOU SMOKE!

Some companies will test you for niccotine and if you put on the app that you dont smoke they will deny coverage right then and there.

If you mean smoking weed, then they will do a full drug screen and deny you or charge rediculous rates for the coverage.

T.S.
07-17-2008, 03:06 PM
i don't see why you are knockin on him soo much. how much do you guys drink?

yes, they check it. as well as a full physical is what my parents had. just blood sample and physical really. DO NOT ADMIT YOU SMOKE!

hey homey wtf you think they are testing in your blood for besides any kinda of diseases? To see what kinda drugs are in your system, Nicotine included. That goes on your rate im sure. I have heard that it could be denied b/c of smoking but who knows now of days.

Ran
07-17-2008, 03:08 PM
i don't see why you are knockin on him soo much. how much do you guys drink?Who's knocking him? We're just advising him to quit doing something stupid and illegal.

Also, I drink very seldom. Maybe one or two every couple of weeks.

Kevykev
07-17-2008, 03:08 PM
They did a cotton swab for me didn't take any blood for my Life term policy.

Anytime you apply for Insurance or Credit that really makes you run an eval. on your personal way of life.

DieselNuts
07-17-2008, 03:11 PM
I have health insurance through my company. This is for life insurance.

IndianStig
07-17-2008, 04:30 PM
Some companies will test you for niccotine and if you put on the app that you dont smoke they will deny coverage right then and there.

If you mean smoking weed, then they will do a full drug screen and deny you or charge rediculous rates for the coverage.

my mom had something on her blood test. she does not smoke, lol that'd be something. well anyhow, they re tested her apparently it was something else that set it off.

and T.S. i know they they test for everything but you never know what can happen. it happened to my mom and the retest came up clear.

oh yah, quit smokin for a few weeks, work out, drink water and you should be a-okay

slostang
07-17-2008, 05:29 PM
if they test your fluids without your knowledge, you can sue the sh¡t out of them.

edit- test ur fluids for dope.

4dmin
07-17-2008, 05:34 PM
you have to take test :thinking:

i have multiple life insurance policys and have never had to take a test. they will ask you questions about health.

IndianStig
07-17-2008, 05:58 PM
you have to take test :thinking:

i have multiple life insurance policys and have never had to take a test. they will ask you questions about health.

lucky you lol. i coulda sworn all this was over my moms life insurance policy. they came to see her on like a saturday morning or something and did the work.

DieselNuts
07-17-2008, 07:25 PM
see, thats the thing. My mom told me that I will have to take a drug test, but then I hear from some people that they didnt administer any sort of bodily fluid for testing. I'm not worried about a piss test, but the blood test is what bothers me. I have had a blood test in the past, but that was strictly for health reasons, not for insurance...

ADMIN, what company do you have your life insurance through?

Blitanicle99
07-17-2008, 07:43 PM
Ive never heard of blood tests and all that for Health Insurance unless your over 40 or something.

Your young, your in good health, but just for good measure take a week off the herb, drink a gallon a day, workout/run and youll be fine. Everyone says 2 weeks but thats when you don't drink your water or work out. A mile a day and a nice workout, eating good and water for a week and youll be clean no matter how much you smoke.

That or Niacin from your local drug store its like 10 bucks for 300 pills? One of my best friends passed a Military drug test at MEPs with Niacin, the next day after he smoked, and it wasnt a random event. The stuff works, plain and clear.

blaknoize
07-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Well why have life insurance when ur so young? Your wasting money. I mean, unless u have a hazardous job, it makes no sense to have it when ur actually young (assuming u are) smoking is bad, yes, but still. I dont even plan to think of it till I'm older, or... my company offers it to me at a reasonable price.

BanginJimmy
07-17-2008, 09:27 PM
life insurance is a necessity if you are married with kids and have things such as a mortgage that your wife cannot pay for, or cannot continue her standard of living without it.

Other than that, you dont need it.

DieselNuts
07-18-2008, 08:03 AM
Ive never heard of blood tests and all that for Health Insurance unless your over 40 or something.

Your young, your in good health, but just for good measure take a week off the herb, drink a gallon a day, workout/run and youll be fine. Everyone says 2 weeks but thats when you don't drink your water or work out. A mile a day and a nice workout, eating good and water for a week and youll be clean no matter how much you smoke.

That or Niacin from your local drug store its like 10 bucks for 300 pills? One of my best friends passed a Military drug test at MEPs with Niacin, the next day after he smoked, and it wasnt a random event. The stuff works, plain and clear.

Well, I have already quit smoking and I plan on drinking water and exercising but will those two things do anything about a blood test if its taken? I have read that it can take 3 months for THC to get out of your blood stream...

Im also not risking taking a chance depending on any type of system cleaner. I'd rather just be naturally clean.

Well why have life insurance when ur so young? Your wasting money. I mean, unless u have a hazardous job, it makes no sense to have it when ur actually young (assuming u are) smoking is bad, yes, but still. I dont even plan to think of it till I'm older, or... my company offers it to me at a reasonable price.
I am 24, but I have debts that will ultimately have to be paid if I were to be killed. I dont want that to fall back on my parents because they cant afford it and dont deserve to have that burden put on them when they are so close to retirement

Kevykev
07-18-2008, 08:14 AM
I am 24, but I have debts that will ultimately have to be paid if I were to be killed. I dont want that to fall back on my parents because they cant afford it and dont deserve to have that burden put on them when they are so close to retirement

Deep statement right there.

You're never too young for insurance, young people don't always grow "old."

DieselNuts
07-18-2008, 08:26 AM
Deep statement right there.

You're never too young for insurance, young people don't always grow "old."
yeah, no one is promised tomorrow. I have lost plenty of friends @ young ages. That is something I have learned and dont take for granted(sp).

BanginJimmy
07-18-2008, 08:42 AM

Dont quote me on this, but I have heard that when you die your next of kin is not responsible for your debts.

DieselNuts
07-18-2008, 08:44 AM
Dont quote me on this, but I have heard that when you die your next of kin is not responsible for your debts.
hmmmm......Then who is? Im not saying that you are wrong, but money is still owed, so who owes it? I'll look into it for sure though.

ironchef
07-18-2008, 09:04 AM
Dont quote me on this, but I have heard that when you die your next of kin is not responsible for your debts.I think they still would be if their name was attached on any sort of loan in like a cosignee position. But otherwise I think youre right.

BanginJimmy
07-18-2008, 09:08 AM
I think they still would be if their name was attached on any sort of loan in like a cosignee position. But otherwise I think youre right.

I think that would be a given.