PDA

View Full Version : NOPI Nats replacement *UPDATE*

Jaimecbr900
07-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Alright folks, I've been asked to not let the whole cat out of the bag, but I will pass on what I'm allowed to.

AMS is indeed planning on putting something on in the place of the now cancelled NOPI Nats.

The initial idea right now, and nothing is in stone as of yet, for a car show/drag race/stereo type of event.

It is DEFINETLY in the works, but the details haven't been ironed out as of today. I don't know prices, classes, or payouts. I do know that there will be NO hydraulics, NO bikini, and of course NO big entertainer type of thing. It's going to be more like a BIG car show with racing.

Please pass this on to other sites you belong to.

Please also give any feedback on this in THIS thread. I was asked to relay the feedback back to my guy to try and finalize all the plans.

So discuss. :goodjob:

NevrNufTorq
07-17-2008, 10:34 AM
i'm sure they'll just tie this into their friday night drag series in some way or another with maybe a lean towards imoprts or something...good work bro :goodjob:

should be interesting and i'm still up for going to check it out...they have killer turnout for friday night drags so i bet with a lil work nopi type of an event could still happen...i like it even more with a drag type event tied to it :D

IMPORTchic
07-17-2008, 10:40 AM
Yay!!! Nopi Nats was pretty awesome/over rated at the same time anyways!
Too expensive! Hopefully this will be cheaper and better!

Atleast something is in the works!! =)

Heck the ride to and from was the best part for me anyways! Getting to see the cars on the road was way better then them just sitting there off!

puregroove
07-17-2008, 10:54 AM
subscribed...

smrlsvtec
07-17-2008, 11:02 AM
subscribed...

+1

blackboi50
07-17-2008, 11:04 AM
no bikini????:(:(......hahhaa........

but koo beans hope it all comes to play!!!!:goodjob:..........1

blacknightteg
07-17-2008, 12:22 PM
sweet

Axix23
07-17-2008, 12:54 PM
yeah, even this sounds like a good idea, it will not draw as many vendors and people as nopi did.. Nothing will ever replace nopi nats...

yankee13
07-17-2008, 01:07 PM
WHAT ABOUT DRIFITNG?

ash7
07-17-2008, 01:10 PM
+1
+2

-jonathan

OneSlow5pt0
07-17-2008, 01:13 PM
good,im glad thier geting all the useless crap away from the reason we do this..........the cars

The BUCKY
07-17-2008, 01:14 PM
x3

Kamikaze
07-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Nice. Will it be on or near the same date?

19'sPrelude
07-17-2008, 01:26 PM
I always enjoyed going and checking cars out at Nopi Nationals. I would definitely like to see something take its place.

x4

yankee13
07-17-2008, 01:48 PM
x4

Rican219
07-17-2008, 01:53 PM
RACE WARZ FTW!!!

Bbat017
07-17-2008, 01:53 PM
yeah man im def down for something likes this it sucks that nopis gone but it time to get something diffrent going

+5

slostang
07-17-2008, 01:56 PM
this has my support 110% if I can do anything to help plan/organize etc. to make this meet a success please let me know and I'll be glad to help.

Andr3w
07-17-2008, 02:22 PM
It sucks about NOPI. I will come out to this and give my support though.

falconey
07-17-2008, 02:26 PM
Something needs to fill the void.

B18c1Turboed
07-17-2008, 02:31 PM
I think its a good idea. but it wont be as big and Nopi Nationals. After alot of people find out Nopi cannceleed it, they will make other plans altoghter!
Im sure AMS saw how much more money they could makecutting nopi out, but unless they got huge sponsors it wont be the same!!

DaMaGe ZWK
07-17-2008, 03:07 PM
hell yeah something needs to replace it...

WalkS
07-17-2008, 03:20 PM
In for the updates, subscribed. That would be awesome if they do a Race event, good for us grass roots Sport Compact Drag racers :goodjob:
AMS FTW!

B18c1Turboed
07-17-2008, 03:48 PM
In for the updates, subscribed. That would be awesome if they do a Race event, good for us grass roots Sport Compact Drag racers :goodjob:
AMS FTW!

They race the 1/8..

WalkS
07-17-2008, 03:52 PM
They race the 1/8..

Oh...nevermind. LOL

but i'll still support them.

David88vert
07-17-2008, 06:33 PM
No hydros? But I've already got that one covered with the 64 ...

Big J
07-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Something needs to fill the void.

it takes years to develop something as rice tastic as the NOPI nats, and years for the judges to learn to vote for cars that look like they spent thousands and thousands of dollars ordering stuff from the companies who's parts you just happen to pimp.

Maybe w/ Fast and Furious 4 in the works the new movie can revive the NOPI nats.

SPOOLIN
07-17-2008, 09:11 PM
1/8? Who cares, if they have a pay out, ill do some 1/8 mile racing...at this event. Sounds like fun. They always needed that at the nopi nationals, AMS just found a way to actually do it. If everything gets planned, ill show up.

0p7!mu5
07-17-2008, 09:16 PM
if its the same date and cheaper and there is a turnout then im willin to make that drive.+6

boostedb16
07-17-2008, 09:29 PM
hell yea count me in. i loved going to nopi for the car's. please tell me they will have that lemonaid that they made during nopi lol.

JASONBALL
07-17-2008, 09:38 PM
is this the same location as nats.

WalkS
07-18-2008, 12:25 AM
1/8? Who cares, if they have a pay out, ill do some 1/8 mile racing...at this event. Sounds like fun. They always needed that at the nopi nationals, AMS just found a way to actually do it. If everything gets planned, ill show up.

I have no problem with the 1/8 mile. I'd rather race the 1/4 mile though.
But if they do have actual event and payouts, then i'll show up and play!

black_e92
07-18-2008, 12:29 AM
it blows that NOPI nats wont be going on this year:no:

bigdare23
07-18-2008, 07:17 AM
Cool

falconey
07-18-2008, 09:05 AM
I think its a good idea. but it wont be as big and Nopi Nationals. After alot of people find out Nopi cannceleed it, they will make other plans altoghter!
Im sure AMS saw how much more money they could makecutting nopi out, but unless they got huge sponsors it wont be the same!! From what I've read Nopi wasn't cut out of anything. They are in financial troubles so they've canceled ALL of their events. AMS has nothing to do with it.

ultm8mind
07-18-2008, 09:09 AM
BIKINI CONTEST AND FOAM PIT, need I say more?? LOL, AMS needs to associate that into the mix. But that's just my humble opinion.

Brady
07-18-2008, 09:42 AM
i heard qd was going to be a judge.

blacknightteg
07-18-2008, 10:01 AM
the nopi nats was cool and all. but it really got away from the tuner people and tried to appeal to the masses with all the things like the music concerts, bikini contest(not that im complaining)etc. i think the whoel idea of the car show part was cool but like alot of people said it wasnt judged correctly at all. not that i ever entered a car into it. but yea. all i am saying is that for AMS to kinda take up the slack and do something like this might in the long run appeal to alot more tuners and people in the car world. so hell ya! to this idea

DevilK9
07-18-2008, 10:04 AM
If y'all still want the foam pit or jello wrestling ring from NOPI, let me know. I'll hook you up with the owners. They are both stored locally and I'm sure they'd give you excellent rental rates.

Tracy
07-18-2008, 10:06 AM
I'm interested in helping. Our events company has a fair amount of resources to help make an event happen. Jaime, you have my number call me if you like.

CARBON GST
07-18-2008, 10:58 AM
From what I heard, this would just be a glorified Friday night with an Import theme..... and maaaaybe go into Saturday. Is that right?
If so - that's not enough (in my opinion).
People are not going to cross state lines for this. It is not going to bring big vendors. True - it might be a band-aid for some local ATL guys to go do something on the same night as NOPI wooould have been.
But I think we need to go bigger... I think we need to really "pull something off" here.
This is a great start, but without it being a full-weekend event, out-of towners aren't gonna make the trip with these gas prices... and vendors are not gonna take it seriously. And there will still be a void. The sport-compact industry nationwide is looking at what happens here - know doubt about that. I've been on the phone about it all week. They are looking at how the tuners react to this.... and our reaction is going to help them decide how much potential is really left in the tuner industry.

Jaimecbr900
07-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Well Jonathan, keep in mind that this is something that is being put together at the very last minute in light of the developments. AMS wasn't really prepared to put on their own 3 ring circus.

Make no mistake about it....there will NOT BE another NOPI Nats for quite a while (unless Nopi figures it out between now and next year). It's going to be hard for anyone to come in and just copy and paste Nopi Nats. It was it's own beast. Can someone come in and put on a big show and be successful? Dunno. But like you said, the whole tuner industry is waiting to see what happens next to decide if they want to commit or not. That's the reason why this, even if it's smaller, goes a long way towards showing prospective show people that there is interest in keeping it going.

When noone made a huge stink about HIN pulling out a few years back, it probably showed show promoters that they made the right decision pulling out of ATL. If noone atleast tries to fill the void left by Nopi Nats, then we may have just seen the last of shows the size of Nopi Nats.

Also keep in mind another thing: This is just in the hurry hurry planning stages and some things may change. Like the addition of other "attractions".....:ninja: ;)

CARBON GST
07-18-2008, 03:14 PM
In my head, I'm not thinking so much about "another" NOPI Nats. I think what we need at this point is a "Call to Arms" of sorts. People need to see that this is important... and that it goes beyond just one weekend. We ALL need to get motivated, and not let this thing just roll over and die. We need to do something substantial... something that will be recognized on a national level. We need to put Atlanta and the South back on the map. This needs to be the kind of event (for example) that a guy in Tampa hears about.... nudges his buddy... and says, "Dude let's go get your car running right now and fill the cooler, this sh*t is f**kin' on buddy." That's the kind of movement we need.... and car guys are down for the cause ... it's in our nature.
If we (ATL) goes viral and makes all these guys realize their passion and energy for this culture, and we set an example and we're inspiring... I really think that a movement like that could pull serious crowds in 60 days. And it could do it with the PASSION that NOPI Nats had back in '98-03. Those of you who have been around NOPI Nats for the last decade know what I mean by that.
60 days is nooooooot a lot of time. I feel that. But it's doable if we move fast and we move together... especially with AMS also wanting to keep something going. And all these out-of-towners have already gotten the days off of work, and many already have hotels (that pretty soon they will start canceling).... so it's not like we're starting completely from scratch at all.
And when I talk about "the whole tuner industry is watching to see what happens". I'm not just talking people attending this show. I'm also talking about people that work for the companies that make and market our products. They are watching, and what they see this year in 2008 will eventually decide where they put their energy in 2009,10, and so on (sport-compact, Domestic, 40MPG+, off road, etc). I don't want them to think that the tuners are "dead"... I want to show 'em we are "resurrected".

The BUCKY
07-18-2008, 03:18 PM
well said

DaMaGe ZWK
07-18-2008, 03:31 PM
agreed... reps for you

19'sPrelude
07-18-2008, 03:41 PM
In my head, I'm not thinking so much about "another" NOPI Nats. I think what we need at this point is a "Call to Arms" of sorts. People need to see that this is important... and that it goes beyond just one weekend. We ALL need to get motivated, and not let this thing just roll over and die. We need to do something substantial... something that will be recognized on a national level. We need to put Atlanta and the South back on the map. This needs to be the kind of event (for example) that a guy in Tampa hears about.... nudges his buddy... and says, "Dude let's go get your car running right now and fill the cooler, this sh*t is f**kin' on buddy." That's the kind of movement we need.... and car guys are down for the cause ... it's in our nature.
If we (ATL) goes viral and makes all these guys realize their passion and energy for this culture, and we set an example and we're inspiring... I really think that a movement like that could pull serious crowds in 60 days. And it could do it with the PASSION that NOPI Nats had back in '98-03. Those of you who have been around NOPI Nats for the last decade know what I mean by that.
60 days is nooooooot a lot of time. I feel that. But it's doable if we move fast and we move together... especially with AMS also wanting to keep something going. And all these out-of-towners have already gotten the days off of work, and many already have hotels (that pretty soon they will start canceling).... so it's not like we're starting completely from scratch at all.
And when I talk about "the whole tuner industry is watching to see what happens". I'm not just talking people attending this show. I'm also talking about people that work for the companies that make and market our products. They are watching, and what they see this year in 2008 will eventually decide where they put their energy in 2009,10, and so on (sport-compact, Domestic, 40MPG+, off road, etc). I don't want them to think that the tuners are "dead"... I want to show 'em we are "resurrected".

:cheers:

1flysi
07-18-2008, 04:16 PM
http://www.carterrace.com/web/NoNopiBanner.jpg

Posted on http://www.savannahstreetracing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14453#14453

eclipsemonkey
07-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Hey guys. Mike from S3 Magazine here. Jonathan and I have been exploring options and really going in-depth with this situation for the past few days now. I know that everyone is bummed and everyone is simply looking for a quick fix now, but I think that as a community, we owe more to the tuner industry. Especially if AMS is willing to help us out. I think that with all of the nationwide contacts that we have through S3 and the immense population and enthusiasm of IA and other local forums, we can really make this thing much larger than many people are talking about right now. I'm not saying let's make another Nopi Nationals. However, I do think that with some hard work and a bit of luck we can truly make this happen on a national level. I am not ready to simply roll over and let the tuner industry die because of a slow economy and misfortune for a few key companies. Jonathan, Cody, and myself live this industry and I know that many of you guys do too. It is what we make it, so let's do something with it!

Brady
07-18-2008, 04:41 PM
Hey guys. Mike from S3 Magazine here. Jonathan and I have been exploring options and really going in-depth with this situation for the past few days now. I know that everyone is bummed and everyone is simply looking for a quick fix now, but I think that as a community, we owe more to the tuner industry. Especially if AMS is willing to help us out. I think that with all of the nationwide contacts that we have through S3 and the immense population and enthusiasm of IA and other local forums, we can really make this thing much larger than many people are talking about right now. I'm not saying let's make another Nopi Nationals. However, I do think that with some hard work and a bit of luck we can truly make this happen on a national level. I am not ready to simply roll over and let the tuner industry die because of a slow economy and misfortune for a few key companies. Jonathan, Cody, and myself live this industry and I know that many of you guys do too. It is what we make it, so let's do something with it!
mike sanders is the reason i am married. my wife knew i was cuddler the first time she met me. listen to this man.

The BUCKY
07-18-2008, 04:59 PM
lol

SPOOLIN
07-18-2008, 05:15 PM
I have no problem with the 1/8 mile. I'd rather race the 1/4 mile though.
But if they do have actual event and payouts, then i'll show up and play!

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

eclipsemonkey
07-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Haha. What's up Brady?! It's been a while. You better be going to Vegas with us again this year. Last year was epic...but we can top it.

ATLTSX
07-18-2008, 05:41 PM
I agree with what was said. I'm down for whatever arises.

Jaimecbr900
07-18-2008, 05:49 PM

Well said.

This is exactly the point I've been trying to get across to everyone. It is up to ALL of us to step up and resurrect this situation. All of the complaining is not going to do anything. We have to pool all our resources together to pull something worthwile off in such a short amount of time.

I'm going to stay on it and try my best to work something out. All I ask is that all those people that have offered to help when I ask to cash in on those "favors" you guys step up and do what you've offered. I don't want to offer these guys something and then not deliver. Deal?

CARBON GST
07-18-2008, 06:54 PM
Yo - so this is what we heard from AMS this afternoon.

"We (AMS) are going to have an event the weekend of Sept. 19-21."

The way I read that... I'm seeing 19th THROUGH 21st. Key word is "THROUGH". That means we might very well have a full weekend on our hands. (gggggggiggidy) And THAT means it's frickin on.
I'm sure we'll all get more info early next week, cause when it happens... it gonna have to start rolling fast. But in the meantime... tell all your homies on other forums not to cancel their hotels just yet. We've got to keep this thing united.

And get excited, because this could get pretty f**kin' badass people. :cheers:
.....like a Disney movie and sh*t....... we're gonna prevail.
.....maybe like Cool Runnings. lol

The BUCKY
07-18-2008, 07:28 PM
jaime you know where i stand

Tracy
07-18-2008, 07:34 PM

The way I read that... I'm seeing 19th THROUGH 21st. Key word is "THROUGH". That means we might very well have a full weekend on our hands. (gggggggiggidy) And THAT means it's frickin on.
I'm sure we'll all get more info early next week, cause when it happens... it gonna have to start rolling fast. But in the meantime... tell all your homies on other forums not to cancel their hotels just yet. We've got to keep this thing united.

I HEARD the same :) I have been in contact with AMS also and they definitely have plans for the weekend. I know people will come together or else we will lose our spot as the "hub" of the South East if we aren't careful. We no longer have big events like we used to here in Atlanta. We need to make sure we show some support or we all may be hatin' it.

SixSquared
07-18-2008, 09:36 PM
^^Word. Nopi was the last "big" show to be in ATL.. now that it's not happening this year, it may well be up to the SE import community to bring it back. I'm definitely down for helping in whatever way I can, and have forwarded this info around to quite a few people. :)

CB7tuner
07-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Hell yeah whatever is decided I'll definately be there, we cant let the Atlanta import scene die

Mr. Clean
07-18-2008, 10:13 PM
IMPORT ATLANTA FOR LIFE!

now let's just get a show to show it hoes. there are a TON of big hitters on this site that can put something together. the right person just has to say the word and set a date and word will spread and people will come. just think about how many people come to the varsity and that **** is EVERY month. we all obviously want a place to go, we have just relied on everyone else to say: this date, this time and this much $.

if you create it, people will come.

SixSquared
07-18-2008, 10:24 PM
IMPORT ATLANTA FOR LIFE!

now let's just get a show to show it hoes. there are a TON of big hitters on this site that can put something together. the right person just has to say the word and set a date and word will spread and people will come. just think about how many people come to the varsity and that **** is EVERY month. we all obviously want a place to go, we have just relied on everyone else to say: this date, this time and this much $.

if you create it, people will come.

go draw a sign with a silver sharpie. Problem solved. :P

The BUCKY
07-18-2008, 10:25 PM
lololololololololol

yogi08
07-18-2008, 10:27 PM
lets throw down in a 30 acre field ahahahahahahahaha.

ALL bs aside, ill be there no matter what.

Mr. Clean
07-18-2008, 10:51 PM
go draw a sign with a silver sharpie. Problem solved. :P

:crazy: :crazy: you gotta be known for something i guess :dunno: haha

mezzies96teg
07-19-2008, 01:15 AM
i will be there also guys! lets keep the idea coming and make it happen!

CodyW
07-19-2008, 02:51 AM

we better have bobsledding as part of the weekend. that would be great.

but seriously, this could turn out to be something quite awesome, i'm excited. and mike causing brady to get married in vegas was fun.

JASONBALL
07-19-2008, 06:58 AM
Has anyone yet decided to head this up.

Tracy
07-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Has anyone yet decided to head this up.

AMS is heading it up. They are having a meeting next week to decide the specifics. There are several people from this site involved with the process... a few of them have already posted in this thread (Jaime, S3, me and a few others not from this site). It's going to work out if we just all decided to support it and show our faces. No matter how much people do or don't like NOPI, this isn't really about that anymore. It's about making sure we support our local scene before we lose it :)

BITCHING
07-19-2008, 03:11 PM
nopi is over priced event but i hate to hear about its not happen this year been going to the nat sense lakewood days

CARBON GST
07-19-2008, 05:58 PM
nopi is over priced event but i hate to hear about its not happen this year been going to the nat sense lakewood days

Agreed. They need to try and keep the ticket prices reasonable and focus on a good turnout. Focus on what the show could be "long term"... and not just this season.

yogi08
07-19-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm looking forward to the outcome.

SPOOLIN
07-19-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm looking forward to the outcome.

drag racing for the win, not just test n tune.

have the same classes as import show down

yogi08
07-19-2008, 08:49 PM
I wouldnt mind having something in savannah, i just hope for the best with CarterRace about being sued... i mean really though Nopi may be in debt... but if they wanted to sue Asian Automotive(Carter Race) they could probably, and get out of debt and nopi will continue. Although I truely hope that doesnt happen... lets just hope for the best for some damn good racing and nice cars to enjoy looking over :)

BITCHING
07-19-2008, 10:18 PM
thay counld have it like friday drags but with more car show classes cas every friday night theres not but 5 clases for show and shine the judge there is not looking for whats done to the car or truck has looking for how clean the car /truck is thats about it ...thay really need a sound comp. with a meter. that would bring for peeps in the show and shine everyweek

Big_Dave
07-19-2008, 11:27 PM
With AMS getting involved, (Thanks guys) and the local scene getting involved, pulling a big weekend event off, has a great chance of success. We at Zero, are willing to help make this show a success, not only by attending, but helping if need be. We were planning on being closed for the Nats anyhow. PM or email, www.zerogarage.com, If there is anything we can do.

JASONBALL
07-20-2008, 12:53 AM
I'll be there and others from AEP Automotive will also.

BLK96GT
07-20-2008, 10:00 AM
WHAT ABOUT DRIFITNG?

Sorry no drifting for you. NOT IN A INTEGRA! LOL:lmfao:

josh green
07-20-2008, 10:09 AM
I think it would be better BECAUSE NOPI isnt running it. This CURRENT racing season was a joke. They dropped 2 races in the midwest and told NO ONE. They didnt tell the racers, the track owners, sponsors, no one..... Luckily the track owners stepped up and had their own event on the scheduled date to make up the money that they would be losing from nopi's cancelation and to try to support the racers. There are plenty of good shops that are doing well here in GA, so how about seeing if they want to help sponsor the event? Retailers, Lowe's, HD, Summit racing.....

Thank god for the $10,000 OUTLAW FWD race coming up, it should be way better than NOPI shows. But then again I could care less about bikini contests and drifting and burnouts.

SPOOLIN
07-20-2008, 12:33 PM
yes the $10,000 outlaw race is a prime example of how fast the "people" can put together their own event. The event after the first day of conception had 3-4 people paying their $500 deposit out of a $1000 entry fee. IT was conceived on june 5th and there is now 12 people confirmed for the class and tons of people showing up for the SFWD style class.

that other thread with the suggestion of Savannah has to be the most terrible location ever lol.

I think that Mass car show replacement show is easily attainable. For the people by the people for a change.

Don't forget, there has to be a mini truck class...

stryfe
07-20-2008, 04:01 PM
I'm down for something like this, I was like forward to going this year and disappointed it got canceled.

b16EG-HaTcH
07-20-2008, 07:05 PM
dont know if this really pertains or not to the topic, but Hypnotoad's dad is supposed to be a bid dog at kauffman tire and he is supposed to be talking to him about helping out and trying to support the "event". dont know if it will happen but at least there is the possibility of a few more $$$ to help out.but im down to come eitherway it turns out.

Frosty_spl
07-20-2008, 10:08 PM
If the show is just about dragracing, it will fail.
If the show is atlanta-centric, it will fail.
If the show is import-centric, it will fail.

Think bigger guys.

It needs to be a lifestyle festival. Cars and racing are just part of the equation. Big music acts, skateboarding, freestyleMX, muscle cars, imports, exotics, sportbikes. That can get a bigger audience and broader range of sponsors = more fun.

WalkS
07-20-2008, 10:18 PM

Think bigger guys.

It needs to be a lifestyle festival. Cars and racing are just part of the equation. Big music acts, skateboarding, freestyleMX, muscle cars, imports, exotics, sportbikes. That can get a bigger audience and broader range of sponsors = more fun.

Have you ever been to a ImportShowdown?? Every event was big, over 1000 spectators 150 plus racers.

ultm8mind
07-21-2008, 01:43 PM
The NC boys and I are interested we were going to hook up with the EvoAtlanta guys and have a meet and go to NOPI and do an Evo Section. Keep me posted so I can tell the crew in NC, we were looking forward to it.

stillaneon
07-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Ok, so Is there any idea the name, or sponsors for this... And is it set in stone? I have to tell people something..... lol

I am trying to get guys down from TN, SC, NC and up from FL....

Brady
07-21-2008, 02:00 PM

Think bigger guys.

oh clint keener.

eViLMunkey
07-21-2008, 02:10 PM
What they canceled Nopi Nats! Wtf! oh well I'm comin down to Atlanta in October anyway... lol but that's Tardtastic ( word of the day) planning on their part in canceling that show since they've been doing it for.. well a long time now

CARBON GST
07-21-2008, 02:35 PM
Ok, so Is there any idea the name, or sponsors for this... And is it set in stone? I have to tell people something..... lol

I am trying to get guys down from TN, SC, NC and up from FL....

Sweet man, that's awesome! Yeah, the show is definitely, officially happening.... but the details are still being worked out (unless somebody's got some new info). AMS is having an internal meeting tomorrow (Tues) to discuss these details... so hopefully we will hear something by mid-week. We are trying to gently press them to get the details soooon, so we can all get going and get amped about it. 60 days is not a lot of time, energy and passion is high right now... and this thing needs to spread like wild-fire. Definitely need to rally support from other states. So anyone you can pass it on to - that would be awesome!!! If they already heard about it... f**k it... tell 'em again in your own words. lol.
I don't think there's a name for the event yet, I guess thats AMS's choice. I personally thought "Call To Arms" would be cool (or something along those lines)... because ultimately, that's what this show needs to be. I'm sure they are open to suggestions if you've got something.

Actually:
IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY IDEAS FOR THE EVENT... PUT 'EM HERE AND WE'LL PASS IT ALONG TO AMS. (Or get AMS following this thread.) Also, any suggestions and/or connections to make those ideas actually come to life... would be cool and helpful.

Yeah... but definitely tell your buddies outside of ATL not to cancel their hotel rooms just yet. :boobies:

RedlinePhoto
07-21-2008, 02:46 PM
I think if we are making this "our own" event then why not have muscle cars. That would bring people in like Year One. I'm willing to make some calls if thats a path we are willing to travel down. Honestly I've always loved NOPI, but the lack of old skool whether it be american made or import really sucked. I think it should be a congregation of everyone.

down_shift
07-21-2008, 03:22 PM
I am really excited about what I am hearing here. I think this is a great chance to show the strength and excitement of the south east car culture. It is also a golden opportunity to bring the "super show" into the 2000's. I will do all I can to help make this a success.

stryfe
07-21-2008, 06:07 PM
The NC boys and I are interested we were going to hook up with the EvoAtlanta guys and have a meet and go to NOPI and do an Evo Section. Keep me posted so I can tell the crew in NC, we were looking forward to it.
I'd be down for that I was actually trying to work up something on evom for Saturday night. I'm hoping all the people that organized meets will catch on to this and still come.

Tracy
07-21-2008, 06:19 PM
GUYS THIS IS DEFINITELY HAPPENING. I AM IN CONTACT DAILY WITH AMS AND IT IS HAPPENING. I WILL POST DETAILS AS SOON AS I HAVE THEM ALL. THE MAIN GUY WAS OUT OF TOWN UNTIL TODAY. NOW WE ARE ALL SORTING OUT THE DETAILS. IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO WANTS TO SPONSOR OR VOLUNTEER YOU CAN HAVE THEM CONTACT ME AND I WILL FORWARD IT TO THE RIGHT PERSON. [email protected]

JITB
07-21-2008, 06:22 PM
sounds fun!

stryfe
07-21-2008, 06:46 PM
this will be teh win.

4dmin
07-21-2008, 07:45 PM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185084

^ post your thoughts on the poll... i want to see what everyone thinks

PURP
07-21-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm down for whatever happens this year... was looking foward to returning to Nopi Nats.. from a 3 year break from it... Had my hopes up and was stabbed in the legs... I'll talk to some of my peeps who have business's and get them to contact AMS on vendor spots... anything I can do to help I will try..

jr4mny
07-21-2008, 09:20 PM
ill definetly be there.

Frosty_spl
07-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Have you ever been to a ImportShowdown?? Every event was big, over 1000 spectators 150 plus racers.

1000 people isn't that many.

ps. I miss u Brady Stribling. :cheers:

GregUnit
07-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Keep us posted.. waiting for drag events

ultm8mind
07-22-2008, 07:25 AM
Just outta curiousity, I keep seeing "AMS," which AMS is it? Are we talking the Auto Moto Sports (turbo gurus out of Chicago) or Atlantic Motorsports? If the Chicago folks, where will this be held? In Chicago or in Atlanta? Just curious......

Jaimecbr900
07-22-2008, 07:27 AM
Just outta curiousity, I keep seeing "AMS," which AMS is it? Are we talking the Auto Moto Sports (turbo gurus out of Chicago) or Atlantic Motorsports? If the Chicago folks, where will this be held? In Chicago or in Atlanta? Just curious......

Atlanta Motor Speedway. Same place where Nopi Nats is every year. :goodjob:

josh green
07-22-2008, 07:29 AM
AMS= ATLANTA MOTOR SPEEDWAY lol, its in your own state! How would you not know that. Not to mention the talk of no nopi which has been at AMS for years.

4dmin
07-22-2008, 07:36 AM
1000 people isn't that many.

ps. I miss u Brady Stribling. :cheers:

no its not very big and i don't ever remember seeing a 1000 spectators at an import showdown.

ultm8mind
07-22-2008, 07:52 AM
When someone says AMS to me I am NOT thinking of Atlanta Motor Speedway, haha. Maybe I will now add that to my rolodex. Haha, my bad. I guess it's because I spend more time in third world countries than in the States......My bad....

stryfe
07-22-2008, 08:03 AM
When someone says AMS to me I am NOT thinking of Atlanta Motor Speedway, haha. Maybe I will now add that to my rolodex. Haha, my bad. I guess it's because I spend more time in third world countries than in the States......My bad....

Don't worry I did the same thing. AMS doing a show sweettt I get some new parts. :D

Tracy
07-22-2008, 10:15 AM
With the help of Import Atlanta, we have had as many as 3k spectators at our Drift Fury event at Turner Field. In the grand sceme, it's not that much...but it just goes to show that we had tiny events at a whack location and we turned it out!!!! It can happen again.

Car Club people, let me know if you are trying to come and I will see if they are planning club spots like they usually do for NOPI.

Everyone keep spreading the word on the other forums that this is going to happen so we don't lose interest.

Dirty Octopus™
07-22-2008, 10:27 AM
dunno if its been said yet but...

x6

:werd:

But for really though. keep us posted with all thats going on. as far as costs, dates, and what not is concerned and i myself would be a spokesperson or walking/driving billboard of sorts, and try my bestest to get it out to as many ears as possible.

im down for getting a coast together once again for a galla show like NOPI. :goodjob:

yogi08
07-22-2008, 10:37 AM
i think this is going to be bigger (more cars/ enthusiast) than nopi... cause now its pushing for time and preparation.

Tracy
07-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Make sure everyone keeps talking about this everywhere. Some people, I have found, don't even know NOPI is canceled.

stryfe
07-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Once we get an offical title days etc a website maybe? I can start posting up on evom, and the local forums.

SoLJames95
07-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Will tehre still be Gyros for sale? Thats the only thing I request as a spectator is for some gyros!:yumyum:

Jaimecbr900
07-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Once we get an offical title days etc a website maybe? I can start posting up on evom, and the local forums.

You should go ahead and start posting a "heads up" type thread so that people don't make alternate plans/cancel their reservations, especially if they're from out of town.

stryfe
07-22-2008, 01:08 PM
I have actually started that :)

Tracy
07-22-2008, 01:15 PM

This is what I am posting on the other forums for now.

Even though NOPI has cancelled their biggest event of the past 20 years, AMS is still going to have it. They will be hosting it themselves with the help of the locals. You can still look forward to drifting, car show, drag racing and array of other activities. Specifics are being discussed and will be released shortly. Please keep your calendar empty for the 3rd weekend in Sept. as usual! I will post more when the details become available. Please keep in mind this was a shock to the venue and your patience is appreciated while they sort out the details.

If you have any suggestion on sponsors (or want to sponsor the event) or type of things you would like to see incorporated into the event or if you would like to volunteer to work the event, let me know and I will pass along the information. Also media can contact me for now and I will see how we are to handle that. I can be reached at [email protected]

Car Club people, let me know if you are trying to come and I will see if they are planning club spots like they usually do for NOPI.

LONG STORY SHORT: EVEN THOUGH NOPI CANCELED, AMS IS STILL HAVING AN EVENT THAT WEEKEND.

Tracy

p.s. AMS stands for Atlanta Motor Speedway
some people asked

stryfe
07-22-2008, 01:17 PM
copy paste ftw.

4dmin
07-22-2008, 01:21 PM
With the help of Import Atlanta, we have had as many as 3k spectators at our Drift Fury event at Turner Field. In the grand sceme, it's not that much...but it just goes to show that we had tiny events at a whack location and we turned it out!!!! It can happen again.

Everyone keep spreading the word on the other forums that this is going to happen so we don't lose interest.

thats b/c of the names involved. when you get people in the scene involved who are in it for the scene good things happen - opportunist normally burn the scene for what they can get.

Tracy
07-22-2008, 03:55 PM
thats b/c of the names involved. when you get people in the scene involved who are in it for the scene good things happen - opportunist normally burn the scene for what they can get.

I agree. That's why I said with the help of Import Atlanta...HOLLER!!!!!!! :boobies:

NOPI...booooo! :no:

AMS is doing a pretty good job of working with people that they have already worked with and have been successful in the past (from what I can tell). So hopefully it will be a good event.

Brady
07-22-2008, 04:25 PM
I agree. That's why I said with the help of Import Atlanta...HOLLER!!!!!!! :boobies:

NOPI...booooo! :no:

AMS is doing a pretty good job of working with people that they have already worked with and have been successful in the past (from what I can tell). So hopefully it will be a good event.
you're a good event.

stryfe
07-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Whoa.

:camera:

Tracy
07-22-2008, 05:23 PM
you're a good event.I know this and so do you ;) so does your wife, BTW :) oh and congrats on the baybay!

About the muscle cars, I think we are all in agreement that this event should include as many motor operated vehicles as possible (imports, domestics, motorcycles, scooters, smart cars...whatever). I know I don't discriminate. A cool car is a cool car in my eyes :)

stryfe
07-22-2008, 05:33 PM
sweet im bringing my dumptruck :goodjob:

psychoward
07-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Im down. Agree gotta fill the gap.

SPOOLIN
07-22-2008, 09:45 PM
Make sure everyone keeps talking about this everywhere. Some people, I have found, don't even know NOPI is canceled.

lol they'll drive down, see a bunch cars but won't see "NOPI" every square inch of the complex.

yogi08
07-22-2008, 09:51 PM
many of my friends as well didnt know nopi was canceled and had hotels still reserved, thanks to AMS and sponsers making it happen i didnt really bother to tell them what happend.

Big_Dave
07-22-2008, 09:54 PM
I think if we are making this "our own" event then why not have muscle cars. That would bring people in like Year One. I'm willing to make some calls if thats a path we are willing to travel down. Honestly I've always loved NOPI, but the lack of old skool whether it be american made or import really sucked. I think it should be a congregation of everyone.

I agree, why not add muscle cars to the venue. It would bring out a larger selection of cars and more spectators. (besides, AMS is a large place to fill) like someone said earlier a "lifestyle" event.

SPOOLIN
07-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Turbocharged Domestic Race Cars are Cool.

rjsparadise
07-22-2008, 09:56 PM
I think it is a good solution.

yankee13
07-23-2008, 01:06 PM
so is there a nopi or not? i need all info. please thanks guys

ultm8mind
07-23-2008, 01:13 PM
TRACY, get at me if we can do a spot for the gang of Evo's we plan to roll there with. There are a bunch of guys coming from NC and we are meeting a bunch of ATL Evo guys and are going to the show together. Let me know so I can disseminate

Tracy
07-23-2008, 01:36 PM
TRACY, get at me if we can do a spot for the gang of Evo's we plan to roll there with. There are a bunch of guys coming from NC and we are meeting a bunch of ATL Evo guys and are going to the show together. Let me know so I can disseminate

Email me your full name and contact info and I will forward it to the venue for you. [email protected]

stryfe
07-23-2008, 01:47 PM
You in Augusta I see you don't happen to have volks on your evo do you? And I'll park with you guys too then :)

dc2teg2006
07-23-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm very excited and very optimists about this event; with such a short time I do hope it will be a big turn out!!! Look at the Varsity meet every month,:goodjob: but without some help and a thought out plan it can likely burn down to the ground (figure of speech) LOL. Here are some of my ideas.:2cents:

-AMS are whoever running the show needs to create a official website with info/date/price/tickets info, sponsor listing, contest/giveaway, and etc... So people can sign up, get info and buy tickets in advance.

-I think if AMS need to get some key sponsors locally, as well as well known aftermarket ones to draw in the outside states, and bring in some protentially money.:cheers:

-Need media coverage (News, Magazine, Television) for long term.

-Take the good things from NOPI Nat. and incorporated into this year event

-And lastly the help of everyone else by word of Mouf...lol:yes:

CARBON GST
07-24-2008, 01:09 PM
^^^^^^agreed

down_shift
07-24-2008, 01:46 PM
so whats the outcome of the planning meeting?

stryfe
07-24-2008, 01:51 PM
thats the million dolla question

southside
07-24-2008, 02:03 PM
I hope everyone still comes down like they did for nopi.Last year was so damn deep

CARBON GST
07-24-2008, 02:23 PM
so whats the outcome of the planning meeting?

Dont know. The meeting was supposed to be on Tuesday. Tried to get a hold of 'em a few times since then... and got nothing. :???: Hopefully we'll hear something soon. It would be cool to go to Import Alliance this weekend with some sort of official details.

Fastlife Mag
07-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Email me your full name and contact info and I will forward it to the venue for you. [email protected]

Tracy, I've emailed you a couple of days ago and have gotten no response, can you pm me a direct email address.

blacknightteg
07-24-2008, 02:55 PM
WE CAN DOOO IIITTTT (rob snyder voice)

Tracy
07-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Tracy, I've emailed you a couple of days ago and have gotten no response, can you pm me a direct email address.

crap typo [email protected] I'm sorry :( or [email protected] or [email protected] whichever you like best.

Tracy
07-24-2008, 03:14 PM
I heard from them last on Tuesday. I'm pretty sure they were budget planning. Remember, they JUST found out about it when we all did (Last Friday?? or was it Thurs???) I just hope it all works out :) I have a good response with what I have posted. Lots of people willing to help out, some vendors, car club people. I guess we'll see.

Fastlife Mag
07-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the response Tracy!

CARBON GST
07-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Just got an email from AMS..... said they been working on a lot of the planning issues since their meeting on Tues, and hopefully they'll have some solid details for peeps within 24hrs.

stryfe
07-24-2008, 04:05 PM
schwing.

Tracy
07-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Just got an email from AMS..... said they been working on a lot of the planning issues since their meeting on Tues, and hopefully they'll have some solid details for peeps within 24hrs.
Sweet! Good news!

BITCHING
07-24-2008, 04:52 PM
I HOPE THAY PLAN SOMETHING WITH ALOT MORE SHOW CLASSES THEN THAY HAVE NOW THAY ONLY HAVE 5 SHOW CLASSES DURING FRIDAY DRAGS....AND THERE GOING TO NEED MORE JUDGES THERES ONLY ONE NOW THE ONLY THING HE LOOKS FOR IS THE CAR/TRUCK BEING CLEAN(UNDER FENDERS,, AND ALL WINDONS CLEAN )HE DOES NOT LOOK FOR MODS

puregroove
07-24-2008, 05:03 PM
^^lends the flame suit.

stillaneon
07-25-2008, 09:38 AM
I HOPE THAY PLAN SOMETHING WITH ALOT MORE SHOW CLASSES THEN THAY HAVE NOW THAY ONLY HAVE 5 SHOW CLASSES DURING FRIDAY DRAGS....AND THERE GOING TO NEED MORE JUDGES THERES ONLY ONE NOW THE ONLY THING HE LOOKS FOR IS THE CAR/TRUCK BEING CLEAN(UNDER FENDERS,, AND ALL WINDONS CLEAN )HE DOES NOT LOOK FOR MODS

I can definitely see why you would be worried about the judging:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d122/ddunlap/IA/DSC_0099copy.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d122/ddunlap/IA/DSC_0100copy.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d122/ddunlap/IA/DSC_0173copy.jpg

stryfe
07-25-2008, 09:50 AM
thats hot. touche.

Tracy
07-25-2008, 12:33 PM
e-mail I got from AMS today:

Tracy,

Thanks for all the great information and effort you’re putting in. I don’t have a lot to update you with but we should be making some decisions by early next week. As you know NOPI Nationals is a huge event so there are a lot variables and interest in this event. We do not want to rush to a decision but I will certainly keep you posted.

As you receive questions please convey that there will be an event at Atlanta Motor Speedway and all cars will be welcomed.

Again thanks for your help and I look forward to the event.

PURP
07-25-2008, 02:29 PM
^^ thats cool... Glad they are trying to incorporate our/your ideas in the event.. Should seriously be a good event.

06SilverBullet
07-25-2008, 02:32 PM
This is looking good Tracy...I hope that it will go on....I wish that I could come down to Atlanta to see the show....

Mark

stryfe
07-25-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm ready. Really excited to see how it comes out.

OneDurtyZ
07-25-2008, 05:34 PM
eh, nopi was fun back in the day, around 00-01, but since then it really went downhill. Prices when up, quailty went down. Anything thrown together at the last minute will not impress anyone, i say just let it die. There seems to be less and less people into thier cars and the 'scene' now, and with gas so high, and we all know its never going to be below $3.00 (if $3.50) a gallon ever again, there really doesnt seem to be a point. I dunno, us old guys will have our memories of back when it was good i guess

Brady
07-25-2008, 07:54 PM
eh, nopi was fun back in the day, around 00-01, but since then it really went downhill. Prices when up, quailty went down. Anything thrown together at the last minute will not impress anyone, i say just let it die. There seems to be less and less people into thier cars and the 'scene' now, and with gas so high, and we all know its never going to be below $3.00 (if $3.50) a gallon ever again, there really doesnt seem to be a point. I dunno, us old guys will have our memories of back when it was good i guess
leave now.

puregroove
07-25-2008, 08:00 PM
There seems to be less and less people into thier cars and the 'scene' now

How did you come to this conclusion? :thinking:

BITCHING
07-25-2008, 08:11 PM
theres more peeps in to cars now then before...yes nopi was alot of fun back then but we cant let it die.....yes nopi got greety with changing to much for peeps to enter and to get in to look..thay never should have had the big bands.. lakewood was more fun as nopi goes just the hills you had to walk and the bad locaton (thehood)

Type-R
07-25-2008, 08:12 PM
This thread has gotten pretty long, can we get a cliff notes update on the first post maybe? Yeah I'm to lazy to read 10 pages of replies to figure out the story.

From what I've gathered sofar AMS is putting something in place of the Nopi Nationals since it was cancelled. If any additional support is needed I'm sure the Skyline community could pull together something to help the cause.

stryfe
07-25-2008, 09:14 PM
thats awesome.. More the better.

blacknightteg
07-25-2008, 09:30 PM
any updates?

OneDurtyZ
07-25-2008, 11:04 PM
How did you come to this conclusion? :thinking:

i have eyes, you can see less and less car folks on the road, for better or worse it peaked around early 2000s, and do you honestly think gas will ever go down? srsly?...oh and my brother works for SEMA. Aftermarket industry has been going downhill for a while. It wont go away but a lot of 'fat' is going to be trimmed soon. On the upside only the people who are truely interested in cars an not 'the scene' will be left..not to mention killing off the ****t parts manufactures. Quality will survive, and the rice will die

Dont get me wrong, i'm not happy the show is gone, hell i only live 5 mins from the speedway, and i came in 3rd in my class in 04 in my old prelude, but having gone every year since 00, i'm not suprised its gone, espically having dealt with NOPI a few times

leave now.

my boots, they are shaking, let me show you them :rolleyes:, speaking of whinny girls

puregroove
07-25-2008, 11:33 PM
i have eyes, you can see less and less car folks on the road, for better or worse it peaked around early 2000s, and do you honestly think gas will ever go down? srsly?...oh and my brother works for SEMA. Aftermarket industry has been going downhill for a while. It wont go away but a lot of 'fat' is going to be trimmed soon. On the upside only the people who are truely interested in cars an not 'the scene' will be left..not to mention killing off the ****t parts manufactures.

ah, I see where you're coming from. I wasn't referring to the gas prices, though. --that's why I just quoted "the scene" portion of your post. But I agree, only the real enthusiasts will continue. I do, however, believe that a new market of consumers has already come about. Directly in relation to the rising gas prices, modifications that increase fuel efficiency will be highly sought after--like the "turbo" fin intake insert. http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l230/puregroove_dot_org/doh.gif

OneDurtyZ
07-25-2008, 11:35 PM
ah, I see where you're coming from. I wasn't referring to the gas prices, though. --that's why I just quoted "the scene" portion of your post. But I agree, only the real enthusiasts will continue. I do, however, believe that a new market of consumers has already come about. Directly in relation to the rising gas prices, modifications that increase fuel efficiency will be highly sought after--like the "turbo" fin intake insert. http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l230/puregroove_dot_org/doh.gif

haha, turbonators FTW ;) , glad you understand what i mean

Tracy
07-26-2008, 01:17 PM
i have eyes, you can see less and less car folks on the road, for better or worse it peaked around early 2000s, and do you honestly think gas will ever go down? srsly?...oh and my brother works for SEMA. Aftermarket industry has been going downhill for a while. It wont go away but a lot of 'fat' is going to be trimmed soon. On the upside only the people who are truely interested in cars an not 'the scene' will be left..not to mention killing off the ****t parts manufactures. Quality will survive, and the rice will die

Dont get me wrong, i'm not happy the show is gone, hell i only live 5 mins from the speedway, and i came in 3rd in my class in 04 in my old prelude, but having gone every year since 00, i'm not suprised its gone, espically having idealt with NOPI a few times

my boots, they are shaking, let me show you them :rolleyes:, speaking of whinny girls

Gas may go down. In 1973 the US had a oil crisis and the gas prices were close to what they are right now :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_oil_crisis

There were also less serious crisis in 1979 and 1990 whrre there was a spike in gas prices.

I'm just sayin' :D have a little faith in what we love :) One more thing: I wasn't around in 2000, so I can't speak on this peak you speak of :) I can say that our business opened in 2001 and has been pretty strong since. In fact we make a living off this industry...own a house, our shop and 6 cars. We also have an awd dynojet dyo and a 2 car race team all supported by this industry. I agree that it has it's ups and downs, but I do have to say that we pay our bills every month because of this industry with a little to spare for fun. I did notice a decrease in sponsorship budgets this year...but I saw just as many vendors at SEMA as I have always seen in the years past. Sure, budget are tight all around, but our industry is built on disposable income for the most part. That means either rich folks with tons of money left over for a hobby or kids with no bills to worry about in the first place cuz their parents worry about them. Not very many middle class folk involved with what we all do. Those are the people who are really suffering eight now.

Let me just say, I'm not here to argue :) Only to hope :D

JASONBALL
07-26-2008, 04:14 PM
J.Bird announces the launch of The Motorsport Nationals Supershow to be held at the Atlanta Motor Speedway on September 20 and 21, 2008.

After the overwhelming outpouring from thousands of fans and the entire motorsports industry, NOPI TV star J.Bird announces his effort to launch the Motorsport Nationals Supershow to be held on September 20 and 21, 2008 at the Atlanta Motor Speedway. After hearing that NOPI Motorsports, LLC had announced cancellation of the NOPI Nationals, J.Bird began his effort to launch and promote another event to replace the NOPI event.

what is this that is posted on NOPI site

http://www.nopi.com/nopims/dsp_news.php?vaid=1467

eViLMunkey
07-26-2008, 04:29 PM
I liked the last one I went to.. tons o' fun
http://b0.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01431/03/85/1431445830_l.jpg

still tryin to find my pictures from that year '06

Tracy
07-26-2008, 06:17 PM
I liked the last one I went to.. tons o' fun
http://b0.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01431/03/85/1431445830_l.jpg

still tryin to find my pictures from that year '06

NOICE

OneDurtyZ
07-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Gas may go down. In 1973 the US had a oil crisis and the gas prices were close to what they are right now :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_oil_crisis

There were also less serious crisis in 1979 and 1990 whrre there was a spike in gas prices.

I'm just sayin' :D have a little faith in what we love :) One more thing: I wasn't around in 2000, so I can't speak on this peak you speak of :) I can say that our business opened in 2001 and has been pretty strong since. In fact we make a living off this industry...own a house, our shop and 6 cars. We also have an awd dynojet dyo and a 2 car race team all supported by this industry. I agree that it has it's ups and downs, but I do have to say that we pay our bills every month because of this industry with a little to spare for fun. I did notice a decrease in sponsorship budgets this year...but I saw just as many vendors at SEMA as I have always seen in the years past. Sure, budget are tight all around, but our industry is built on disposable income for the most part. That means either rich folks with tons of money left over for a hobby or kids with no bills to worry about in the first place cuz their parents worry about them. Not very many middle class folk involved with what we all do. Those are the people who are really suffering eight now.

Let me just say, I'm not here to argue :) Only to hope :D

glad things are going well for you, sounds awesome. I hope things do work out, i really do, but i always expect the worst, then your never suprised if thats what happenes, or suprised on how well it works out

.::UNKNOWN::.
07-26-2008, 09:21 PM
J.Bird announces the launch of The Motorsport Nationals Supershow to be held at the Atlanta Motor Speedway on September 20 and 21, 2008.

After the overwhelming outpouring from thousands of fans and the entire motorsports industry, NOPI TV star J.Bird announces his effort to launch the Motorsport Nationals Supershow to be held on September 20 and 21, 2008 at the Atlanta Motor Speedway. After hearing that NOPI Motorsports, LLC had announced cancellation of the NOPI Nationals, J.Bird began his effort to launch and promote another event to replace the NOPI event.

what is this that is posted on NOPI site

http://www.nopi.com/nopims/dsp_news.php?vaid=1467 if this is true alot of people is goin to be pissed:thinking:

SPOOLIN
07-26-2008, 09:21 PM
Lets have a race car section for the win. lol

RL...
07-26-2008, 11:35 PM
The ricers will never die out!!! Unfortunately they're the ones with the most money...who else has enough cash to waste on ugly bodykits, lime green paints jobs, and neons...:2cents:

SPOOLIN
07-26-2008, 11:42 PM
lol, yes that is true.

OneDurtyZ
07-27-2008, 12:17 AM
if this is true alot of people is goin to be pissed:thinking:
i'd rather have my balls removed with hot paperclips than do anything that includes that giant hunk of fail

BITCHING
07-27-2008, 12:18 AM
so is nopi on or not ..not nopi just a diff name for the show

Axix23
07-27-2008, 08:29 PM
how is he going to promote it? with what???? LOL

stryfe
07-27-2008, 09:22 PM
doing pretty good so far with it being published on nopi.com

RL...
07-27-2008, 11:45 PM
I already have the weekend off, so I'll probably stop by. The turnout will probably be good, but if not, downtown(and the bars) are only a few minutes away!

dakilla4ever
07-28-2008, 07:46 AM
Nopi is back on...... Go check the website.

stryfe
07-28-2008, 12:05 PM
very nice.

headpants
07-28-2008, 12:19 PM
IM DEFINUTLY GONNA BE THERE, DO ANY BODY KNOW HOW MUCH ITS GONNA COST TO ENTER IN A CAR????

stryfe
07-28-2008, 06:30 PM
website is up prices should be up soon and schedule. gonna be sweet :) maybe should get a sticky now :)

JessAlba452
07-29-2008, 02:25 AM
I agree would be a good sticky :) My friend just told me about this at Import Alliance this weekend. Hope that it all works out I will be there!

Jaimecbr900
07-29-2008, 06:28 PM
Thread has been stuck. :goodjob:

josh green
07-30-2008, 07:31 AM
WOW, I am amazed at the amout of people who actually care what their car places in the show. LOL @ people dislikeing the show b/c of the judges. I always entered just to park my **** inside with a cooler and whatnot.

stryfe
07-30-2008, 08:03 AM
WOW, I am amazed at the amout of people who actually care what their car places in the show. LOL @ people dislikeing the show b/c of the judges. I always entered just to park my **** inside with a cooler and whatnot.
I agree. I took my evo up there lst year first time witha dent in the side of the quarter panel from previous owner and dirty as ****.. I wanted access to a cooler and a place to sit in a/c :D

Thi3dDriver
07-30-2008, 05:02 PM
Dang so f**** long of a drive for me count me out on this show

stryfe
07-30-2008, 07:49 PM
boo.

sleepys4
07-31-2008, 01:33 AM
This took me by surprise. Either way why not.

Anyone else check out the website and see this
Bob Daniels has produced concerts and soundstages for artists such as TI, Ludacris, Little Bow Wow, JZ, Little Wayne.....

Found it funny, any how I'll be there!

stryfe
07-31-2008, 06:58 PM
went from stick to no sticky

Jaimecbr900
08-01-2008, 09:10 PM
The latest email I've gotten, which was this afternoon, I'm told that they are very near a final signing of the deal to make this happen. He told me to check back with him on Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning.

I'll let yall know. :goodjob:

stryfe
08-01-2008, 10:22 PM
That's cool, i'm just curious pricing and all.. I read on the site a lot of people are talking/asking about it. Hope it has a big turn out and a lot of hotel party drinking :D

Terror
08-04-2008, 03:55 PM
No BIKINI??!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

stryfe
08-04-2008, 03:57 PM
WE WILL HAZ BOOBZ

Terror
08-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Looks like ima have to bring my own :boobies: !!! already picked her up off the street!

JITB
08-04-2008, 04:49 PM
WE WILL HAZ BOOBZ

Booz at a car show... great idea!

stryfe
08-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Booz at a car show... great idea!

boobz & beer. teh win.

CARBON GST
08-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Yo. I got this email from Atlanta Motor Speedway:

"It looks like we are going to host our own in-house event, the AC Delco Street Drag Nationals. We are going to make a formal announcement sometime tomorrow. We will have drag racing, show-n-shine and burn out competition. It is going to be Friday Night and Saturday afternoon/evening.
We are not trying to duplicate a NOPI show rather just hosting the type of event that we know a lot about and feel comfortable producing. Anyone interested in coming out, having fun, racing fast, looking at cool cars and spending the day at the track should come hang out."

what do ya think?

headpants
08-07-2008, 04:17 PM
what happend to j bird and the motorsport nationals. they are also having something like nopi, cause on motorsportnationals.com it says:

Thanks everyone for the amazing response. We are working very hard to make details available to you all. Please bear with us as we go about the difficult task of changing over everything to the new show. Hopefully next week you will see new information being displayed. Again, we just got the keys to the event last Friday, so HERE WE GO!!!
ANNOUNCEMENT

J.Bird announces the launch of
The Motorsport Nationals Supershow
September 20 and 21, 2008.

So there definutly having something and i think j bird and his crew will be biggert than yalls. but if yall do have something i probally wont be there

stryfe
08-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Yo. I got this email from Atlanta Motor Speedway:

"It looks like we are going to host our own in-house event, the AC Delco Street Drag Nationals. We are going to make a formal announcement sometime tomorrow. We will have drag racing, show-n-shine and burn out competition. It is going to be Friday Night and Saturday afternoon/evening.
We are not trying to duplicate a NOPI show rather just hosting the type of event that we know a lot about and feel comfortable producing. Anyone interested in coming out, having fun, racing fast, looking at cool cars and spending the day at the track should come hang out."

what do ya think?

I'm with what the last guy posted what happen to the Saturday Sunday ordeal? If it's just going to be friday night and saturday afternoon you can count me out.

Tracy
08-07-2008, 04:36 PM
I have spoken with J-Bird and I don't think they are involved anymore. They all went back and forth on how to do it and I think they decided it would be best if AMS just had a small event with a little more added to their Friday night deal that they usually have. I don't know exactly what the deal is. I guess once I find out, I'll be there :)

headpants
08-07-2008, 04:49 PM
I have spoken with J-Bird and I don't think they are involved anymore. They all went back and forth on how to do it and I think they decided it would be best if AMS just had a small event with a little more added to their Friday night deal that they usually have. I don't know exactly what the deal is. I guess once I find out, I'll be there :)

well tell j bird that if there not involed anymore that he disapointed alot of people and put the news up on www.motorsportnationals.com (http://www.motorsportnationals.com) asap.

stryfe
08-07-2008, 05:13 PM
well tell j bird that if there not involed anymore that he disapointed alot of people and put the news up on www.motorsportnationals.com (http://www.motorsportnationals.com) asap.
Agreeded

Vteckidd
08-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Doesnt surprise me. J Bird didnt have the contacts to pull this off and sounds like the same old Nopi disorganization.

You guys gotta realize that NOPI enjoyed HUGE vendor support for many years, they made TONS of money off of the nationals. Now, in the last 3-4 years its been rapidly declining because the sport compact boom has come an gone (since fast an the furious). They were practically GIVING away booths last year.

Nopi has been in the red for A LONG TIME, the nationals used to bail them out every year. Now that the nationals wasnt making them any money, it only made sense to shut it all down.

There will NOT be a show that size for A LONG TIME. At least a year, the shear logistics of it takes 6-8 months of planning.

Lots of companies are pulling back on these kind of events because its simply not worth it on their investment. I know Eibach was pulling out of Nationals this year, Skunk2 hasnt been there for 2-3 years, every year a big vendor bowed out. Garrett used to be in the main concourse an last year they had a small 20x10 booth OUT SIDE!

The money isnt there, and if the money isnt there, then the show aint happening.

Kudos to AMS for being realistic and not letting someones grossly imagined pipe dream turn out to be yet another disaster in the sport compact industry.

If you ever hope to have another "nationals" type event, go out to the AMS event, hang out, have fun, and let them know that there is people that want to be there. If that works, then you can bet they will find a way to bring SOMETHING back.

down_shift
08-07-2008, 06:29 PM
I think AMS should let a local drift organizer host an event. They have PLENTY of space inside and outside to allow someone to host a comp/demo that friday night and/or saturday.

greasemunkey
08-07-2008, 06:32 PM
I heard nopi was back on, is this true?

stryfe
08-07-2008, 06:33 PM
nope, far from it.

JASONBALL
08-07-2008, 07:23 PM
That is crazy this is an email I recieved from J Bird today.

What’s up!!!

Details will be posted on the site www.motorsportnationals.com later on this week with all the information.

Tour details will follow from All Coasts

All I can say right now is it going down September 20-21 in Atlanta

J

Vteckidd
08-07-2008, 07:24 PM
I'm sure if they can batlground will do it. They've hosted demo there before I'm sure tracy is working on it if its even a remote possibility

headpants
08-07-2008, 08:26 PM
That is crazy this is an email I recieved from J Bird today.

What’s up!!!

Details will be posted on the site www.motorsportnationals.com (http://www.motorsportnationals.com/) later on this week with all the information.

Tour details will follow from All Coasts

All I can say right now is it going down September 20-21 in Atlanta

J

well by looking at this, if its really an email from j bird, this would make me glad, cause he said that its going down sep 20-21. but if he do do it he needs to hurry up and post some new stuff as in prices and car classes cause this forum is going crazy trying to know wuts going to happen

1flysi
08-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Is there going to be a varsity meet, or meet at the kroger after the show this year?

CARBON GST
08-07-2008, 11:43 PM
what happend to j bird and the motorsport nationals. they are also having something like nopi, cause on motorsportnationals.com it says:

Thanks everyone for the amazing response. We are working very hard to make details available to you all. Please bear with us as we go about the difficult task of changing over everything to the new show. Hopefully next week you will see new information being displayed. Again, we just got the keys to the event last Friday, so HERE WE GO!!!
ANNOUNCEMENT

J.Bird announces the launch of
The Motorsport Nationals Supershow
September 20 and 21, 2008.

So there definutly having something and i think j bird and his crew will be biggert than yalls. but if yall do have something i probally wont be there

Just so you know man... it's not "our" event. I am just relaying an email I got from Atlanta Motor Speedway. S3 has been talking to AMS, because we care about the health of the industry, and we don't want to see this weekend roll over and die. Just wanted to make sure you were straight on that. Personally - I'm with you. I think that if it is not an "all weekend" event, then it won't bring people from out of state. It wont be worth the gas for those guys. It will end up being an event that some locals come out to because they have nothing else to do. It will be decent in that respect... but it will fizzle after this year. I really hope AMS looks long-term on this one.

stryfe
08-08-2008, 07:06 AM
It seems we are getting a conflict of information here. I just got an email from jbird saying new information will be posted this afternoon and the show is on?

stryfe
08-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Little clarification it is still happening but moving to another location.

Vteckidd
08-08-2008, 09:12 AM
wow, I move to lock all threads, until SOMEONE KNOWS SOMETHING.

THis is retarded this is the 4th time someone has leaked bad info

01Focusguy
08-08-2008, 04:18 PM
There's nothing new at www.motorsportnationals.com yet!

CARBON GST
08-08-2008, 05:14 PM
This is the email I got from Atlanta Motor Speedway today:

While I understand where you are coming from I trust that you understand that we are not comfortable producing an event in some 45 days that we do not know much about. This year is not the year to be taking large risks…

While we do hope to draw some of the “tuner” nation we are not trying duplicate NOPI. A three day show with no guarantee is not something that we are going to consider for this year. We feel strongly that it is in our best interest and for those that choose to attend that we stay with what we know. The show will be a 2 day show on both Friday and Saturday.

Again, this is not intended to be a replacement for NOPI however anyone looking for a fun event with fast cars, drag racing, car show and burnout contest is sure to get their monies worth at our event. It is going to be just $20 to drag or show each day, $10 to burnout (Saturday only) and $10 per day or $15 for the weekend for spectators. As always parking outside is FREE. There is no better value…

I will send more details soon. Please help us let those interested know that we will have a great event that weekend.

Again - this was an email to S3 Mag from Atlanta Motor Speedway. This is not a message from S3 Mag.

headpants
08-08-2008, 05:24 PM
i will come out and support u guys, but when is ams going tjo put it on there web site and what date is it going to be on???

CARBON GST
08-08-2008, 05:36 PM
i will come out and support u guys, but when is ams going tjo put it on there web site and what date is it going to be on???

This event has nothing to do with S3 Magazine.

CARBON GST
08-08-2008, 05:39 PM
I don't know when they will put it on their site, and I assume it will be held on the evening of Fri Sept 19th... and then afternoon and evening on Sat Sept 20th.

CARBON GST
08-08-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm seriously bummed.... personally.
I thought that the event had a lot more potential than this.... and I know that we all could have made it happen and gotten people pumped up to make the trip virally on forums and what-not. But we needed AMS to come out strong... and they didn't. Can't really blame 'em I guess. It was definitely a risk for them with only 60 days to plan... especially this year with this market and this economy.

stryfe
08-08-2008, 11:53 PM
Guess we gotta see what j.bird has up his sleeve. I think it will be good ;)

headpants
08-09-2008, 08:28 PM
j bird put up some new info on www.motorsportnationals.com

headpants
08-09-2008, 08:29 PM
this is from jbird at www. motorsportnationals.com

Yes we are still on! September 20 and 21

Wow, you guys sure know how to blog! The rumor mill in this industry is unbelievable! Anyway, after a long hard week of negotiations, we are moving the Nationals to the beautiful facilities at GICC by the Atlanta Airport. Don't FREAK, your same hotel reservations will be fine. The place is off Camp Creek Parkway almost at the airport so all the 19/41 area hotels are just a couple of miles away and still the cheapest! The show will be mostly an inside deal (air conditioned and NO rain!). We will party like no other! We will have tons of cars in the car show and vendors galore, a gigantic swimsuit competition, and yes lots of live music. I have compiled as much information as I could into this cheesy web builder lame website. The new one with online registration is coming (I promise), so stay tuned this next week because indoor space will be limited!

Here's What We Do Know!

Nothing can ever take the place of a 20 year tradition,
But we are sure gonna try!!!

What do ya get when you take hundreds of awesome show cars, tons of industry vendors,
continuous live music, AND the world's most beautiful women - IT"S THE NATIONALS, Duh!
Well we are on for the Atlanta Classic event, that fine fall day in the ATL. In this briefing I will
attempt to tell you everything I know so far:

Admission Pricing:

Saturday Only - $30
Sunday Only - $25
Saturday and Sunday - $50

Car Show Entry Fee - $65
(Includes Admission For Two Saturday and Sunday)

We will have tons of car show classes (find out more when registration goes live this week).
There will be some special prize money for car clubs!

And did I mention tons of gorgeous women?

Need more info? Send us an email!
All will be available this coming week . . .
Georgia International Convention Center

Let's Party!

Need More Info?
Contact us at:
[email protected]

Vteckidd
08-09-2008, 08:31 PM
so instead of coming together to put a show on, tehy divide and put 2 different shows on at the same time.

Brilliant!

headpants
08-09-2008, 08:38 PM
no, i havent even seen ams saying that they are putting on a show in there website,its not booked on the track days part.

Vteckidd
08-09-2008, 08:41 PM
They announced a show, its in this thread. They are doing something for friday night drags an then something saturday.

headpants
08-09-2008, 08:44 PM
this thread jalso said that j bird was loosing intrest, but hes doing something,cause we seen it on his web site. theres nothing on ams website saying that they are going to do something

Vteckidd
08-09-2008, 09:27 PM
In case you missed it

I got this email from Atlanta Motor Speedway:

So, there will be 2 shoes, same weekend.

IMO they had a chance to seize the moment, and both organizations failed. But it prob all comes down to money and AMS doesnt want to spend it, and J Bird doesnt have it

Me86Rob
08-09-2008, 09:32 PM
DRIFTING?

headpants
08-10-2008, 12:09 AM
it didnt say anything about drifting, but whos all going??? i know its gonna be different but i think i like the faact that its gonna be indoors, i think its gonna be like import nights.

BITCHING
08-10-2008, 01:58 AM
AM NOT TO MUCH CHANGING FOR ME TO LATE TO SAVE MONEY

Tracy
08-10-2008, 09:19 AM
We are trying to get drifting going...somewhere LOL! We'll see how it goes.

FYI, AMS is an extremely hard venue to work with. They are really nice folks and definitely have their stuff together generally, they are just REALLY strict. It took us 6 months to get our puny drifting event "approved" with their legal department. The legal department is an outside entity and they really run things down there. It was a DAILY back and forth to come to an agreement on how it would work. So, I understand how hard it probably is to come to an agreement on how this "big" event is supposed to work with such a little time frame to plan.

I'm going to keep my information to myself until I have some concrete details. I understand the frustration and it's gotten very confusing...even for me and I personally talk to both AMS and Jbird often. I have to say I have talked to JBird more recently than AMS. Once JBrid got involved, we got pushed toward him for info. I still believe AMS is planning a small event that extends from their drag racing on Friday night until Saturday afternoon. I talked to JBird yesterday and he said they are working on moving to GICC. So, yes it seems there will be 2 events that weekend.

I guess the best thing to do at this point is to keep an eye on both websites to see what they officially have to say. I've just been trying to keep the hype alive :) I am assuming that the Motorsport Nationals may have the chance of a bigger turn out simply because the NOPI website links to theirs.

quickdodge®
08-10-2008, 09:22 AM
What do ya get when you take hundreds of awesome show cars, tons of industry vendors,
continuous live music, AND the world's most beautiful women - IT"S THE NATIONALS, Duh!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Funny shiiiit. Later, QD.

CB7tuner
08-10-2008, 07:42 PM
LOL $65 car entry fee.... wont be attending this one, yes its cheaper than NOPI usually is but not a good price for something thrown together at the last minute

falconey
08-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Doesnt surprise me. J Bird didnt have the contacts to pull this off and sounds like the same old Nopi disorganization.

You guys gotta realize that NOPI enjoyed HUGE vendor support for many years, they made TONS of money off of the nationals. Now, in the last 3-4 years its been rapidly declining because the sport compact boom has come an gone (since fast an the furious). They were practically GIVING away booths last year.

Nopi has been in the red for A LONG TIME, the nationals used to bail them out every year. Now that the nationals wasnt making them any money, it only made sense to shut it all down.

There will NOT be a show that size for A LONG TIME. At least a year, the shear logistics of it takes 6-8 months of planning.

Lots of companies are pulling back on these kind of events because its simply not worth it on their investment. I know Eibach was pulling out of Nationals this year, Skunk2 hasnt been there for 2-3 years, every year a big vendor bowed out. Garrett used to be in the main concourse an last year they had a small 20x10 booth OUT SIDE!

The money isnt there, and if the money isnt there, then the show aint happening.

Kudos to AMS for being realistic and not letting someones grossly imagined pipe dream turn out to be yet another disaster in the sport compact industry.

If you ever hope to have another "nationals" type event, go out to the AMS event, hang out, have fun, and let them know that there is people that want to be there. If that works, then you can bet they will find a way to bring SOMETHING back. This is actually called capitalism. Other vendors will step in(who says they have to be associated with cars to be a vendor, sprint sponsers NASCAR and the NFL) as the number of ppl attending was already there. The smart thing would have been for NOPI to contract out the event to another company. They basically wasted all their efforts in building up the event to just can everything. Anywho good post just disagreed with it a bit.

Ajdgotskillz
08-20-2008, 11:11 AM
yeah ive heard about the cancellation of nopi and ive heard about some works that ams is throwing a big car show it might not be as big as nopi because i hear there are several other big shows that same weekend im still getting details about the others.

headpants
08-20-2008, 03:02 PM
This is actually called capitalism. Other vendors will step in(who says they have to be associated with cars to be a vendor, sprint sponsers NASCAR and the NFL) as the number of ppl attending was already there. The smart thing would have been for NOPI to contract out the event to another company. They basically wasted all their efforts in building up the event to just can everything. Anywho good post just disagreed with it a bit.

that is something like wuts going on. cause if u explore jbird's motorsport website it has nopi in it. as in like prizes and stuff. this is basically nopi under a different name. come on guys think, the same guy thats from nopi tv is hosting this.

4dmin
08-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Hey guys here is the deal... event information can be found at www. motorsportnationals.com

http://www.importatlanta.com/banners/nationals.gif

I got a call from them last week and IA will be there to support. NOPI and IA had an agreement for advertising/sponsorship for the year and Motorsport Nationals is honoring our deal so IA will be there. We will have a booth and we will be there in full effect. I too am still awaiting more details on the event, but here is what I know.

AMS is doing their own thing - drag racing which is lame if you have never been to one.

Motorsport Nationals is going to pick up where NOPI left off and do it at a new location. Expect this to be same as a NOPI Nats just indoor. I think there are tons of details they are working out that is why the info isn't 100% clear. Of course NOPI is helping out this event they want to make sure they can do what they can. I don't think they are happy w/ how this year has worked out for them either. I completely understand I've been almost washed out every year we've had TFS. It isn't easy putting on large events.

I know everyone has their own opinion on the matter but this is what we know for sure... NOPI Nats isn't going on, but Motorsport Nats is - we are losing events left and right. They picked up the phone and asked for us (IA) to get the word out. Julio and I have always supported the local scene here and we will ask everyone to do the same. Bring out the rides and the family have a good time at the indoor event and let ATL Import Scene thrive.

THIS MAYBE YOUR LAST CHANCE TO HELP THE ATL SCENE KEEP WHAT IT HAS LEFT AS MAJOR EVENTS. :cheers: See you guys at Motorsport Nats!

Stormhammer
08-20-2008, 04:45 PM
Hey guys here is the deal... event information can be found at www. motorsportnationals.com

I got a call from them last week and IA will be there to support. NOPI and IA had an agreement for advertising/sponsorship for the year and Motorsport Nationals is honoring our deal so IA will be there. We will have a booth and we will be there in full effect. I too am still awaiting more details on the event, but here is what I know.

AMS is doing their own thing - drag racing which is lame if you have never been to one.

Motorsport Nationals is going to pick up where NOPI left off and do it at a new location. Expect this to be same as a NOPI Nats just indoor. I think there are tons of details they are working out that is why the info isn't 100% clear. Of course NOPI is helping out this event they want to make sure they can do what they can. I don't think they are happy w/ how this year has worked out for them either. I completely understand I've been almost washed out every year we've had TFS. It isn't easy putting on large events.

I know everyone has their own opinion on the matter but this is what we know for sure... NOPI Nats isn't going on, but Motorsport Nats is - we are losing events left and right. They picked up the phone and asked for us (IA) to get the word out. Julio and I have always supported the local scene here and we will ask everyone to do the same. Bring out the rides and the family have a good time at the indoor event and let ATL Import Scene thrive.

THIS MAYBE YOUR LAST CHANCE TO HELP THE ATL SCENE KEEP WHAT IT HAS LEFT AS MAJOR EVENTS. :cheers: See you guys at Motorsport Nats!

Give me an ImportAtlanta.com sticker and I'll enter my car into the show :D

01Focusguy
08-21-2008, 05:56 PM

I will be there and representing all the clubs I am a member of in Atlanta!! Whatever we can do to keep the show scene in Atlanta!!

OneDurtyZ
08-21-2008, 08:41 PM
this is from jbird at www. motorsportnationals.com

Yes we are still on! September 20 and 21

Wow, you guys sure know how to blog! The rumor mill in this industry is unbelievable! Anyway, after a long hard week of negotiations, we are moving the Nationals to the beautiful facilities at GICC by the Atlanta Airport. Don't FREAK, your same hotel reservations will be fine. The place is off Camp Creek Parkway almost at the airport so all the 19/41 area hotels are just a couple of miles away and still the cheapest! The show will be mostly an inside deal (air conditioned and NO rain!). We will party like no other! We will have tons of cars in the car show and vendors galore, a gigantic swimsuit competition, and yes lots of live music. I have compiled as much information as I could into this cheesy web builder lame website. The new one with online registration is coming (I promise), so stay tuned this next week because indoor space will be limited!

So, its up in atlanta (cops + traffic=fail), inside (fail) and at the weak ass GICC...super fail.

Yeah screw that ****. :2up: