PDA

View Full Version : Skyline owners, U.S. specific

Type-R
07-17-2008, 09:06 AM
Just wanted to pass this on, created in a effort to bring together a single central hub for all of us lost puppies with no dedicated home.

http://skylineownersusa.com/

nsany(atl)
07-17-2008, 12:30 PM
wow, this will make it even easier for Homland Security to find the State Titled cars they are looking for

deerock
07-17-2008, 03:30 PM
hah x2 on that one, notice how all the sectios that are able to post companies names up and the work they did are marked NEVER, thats a clever way to say " you wont find our cars" ;)

Type-R
07-17-2008, 09:00 PM
11 members and growing in the first 24 hours

Type-R
07-24-2008, 03:42 AM
over 30 members and growing :D

Dr.Pepper
07-24-2008, 05:14 AM
it wont let me join it says "Sorry, we are unable to register your account at this time."

nsany(atl)
07-24-2008, 08:34 AM
It won't let you search who owns the site, just like a govt. site

Type-R
07-24-2008, 04:24 PM
it wont let me join it says "Sorry, we are unable to register your account at this time."

There are age restrictions for registering. If you are under 18, chances are that is your problem.

It won't let you search who owns the site, just like a govt. site

Search who owns the domain or the forum creater? I own the site/domain

Type-R
08-13-2008, 04:30 AM
Still growing, nearly 80 members and several sponsors. Progressed much further and quicker then I had expected.

To bad there isn't a lot of Skylines in GA

takyo_style
03-02-2009, 09:24 PM
how the hell did u get an r33 I tried to get one a while back but after doing my research i found it almost impossible to import one

NickW
06-04-2009, 11:03 PM
wow, this will make it even easier for Homland Security to find the State Titled cars they are looking for

Wow, DJ Bring-back...

Anyway to respond to something you said last year...If Homeland security wanted to hunt down and take all of the Skylines in the U.S., they don't need an internet forum to do that, lol. A quick search of registrations/titles with a vin of BNR32, ER34, etc. would be much more effective.

nsany(atl)
06-05-2009, 05:51 AM
Wow, DJ Bring-back...

Anyway to respond to something you said last year...If Homeland security wanted to hunt down and take all of the Skylines in the U.S., they don't need an internet forum to do that, lol. A quick search of registrations/titles with a vin of BNR32, ER34, etc. would be much more effective.

Well this time last year there were state titled cars being seized left and right, but you had to be in the game back then to know about it. That's why the joke doesn't work today.

But here is some new news

http://www.gtrusablog.com/
Thursday, June 04, 2009
ICE , DOT - CARB Serving Search Warrants Today

I had a call earlier today that ICE , DOT, and CARB had been at RB today doing some investigating. The investigators looked at a couple of the ex-Motorex cars, called the DOT and ended up leaving from RB. I called over to Kaizo to see what was happening over there, and I was informed that they were in the middle of it.

Three cars got seized, along with records, and computers. Included in the three cars seized was the actual hero car from Fast and Furious 4. We will have to see how this plays out over the coming weeks and months.

Dr.G35
06-05-2009, 09:36 AM
do i count?:cry:

NosVette
06-05-2009, 07:41 PM
How do you guys get a tag on these cars I was gona get one back in the day well looking for one before I got the vette.I never found a way to get it registered the only thing I was thinking of was that you had to register it like a 300zx or a 240sx.I do want one but dont know how........:thinking:

Type-R
06-05-2009, 09:18 PM
In our community you have to know the right people

NickW
06-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Well this time last year there were state titled cars being seized left and right, but you had to be in the game back then to know about it. That's why the joke doesn't work today.

But here is some new news

I don't know what "being in the game" is supposed to mean lol, but I know all about the supposed seized cars from last year. I only saw one piece of paper work, which happened to be from GA, that was to seize a Skyline. The rest of the cars that got seized were brought in by one individual, who was doing it illegally and got caught. So they tracked down the cars that he brought in. Of course this is all rumers...just like the other posts throughout the internet of "I know this guy, who knows a guy, who's neighbor has a skyline and it was seized."

With that being said, I saw that info on GTRblogspot yesterday and I'm not ignorant to the fact that the government could very well end up hunting down every one of them. My point is that it if they wanted to start taking the cars, it wouldn't be hard. They wouldn't need the internet, they have the DMV which has VIN numbers.

Type-R
06-05-2009, 10:25 PM
That is the funny part, all they have to do is pick up the phone to the state DMV's and say they need a list of all VIN's that start with.... BNR BCNR HCR ENR ECR, etc etc etc

NosVette
06-06-2009, 01:06 PM
So what you guys are saying is that your skylines are actually register.Man I know two or more skylines have to be switch vins or something I know all of them arent legit.I mean whats the process you gota go thru to register the car?

leobond001
06-06-2009, 10:31 PM
i still cant figure out why they target the skyline so much