PDA

View Full Version : For all you dumbasses that are really in truly distraught over no NOPI!!!!

quickdodgeŽ
07-17-2008, 12:53 AM
You do realize that all you have to do is go to your local trophy shop and have a trophy made with your name on it and it will be the equivalent of winning at their "show." Later, QD.

ed_gm90
07-17-2008, 12:55 AM
true, what about the people that like to go just to hang out with their friends?

redrumracer
07-17-2008, 01:03 AM
true, what about the people that like to go just to hang out with their friends?
if you need a car show to hang out with your friends then i think you need to re-evaluate what you consider a friend. a better defense would have been "how about all the people that go out there to advertise there business and make a living." that would have been better.

quickdodgeŽ
07-17-2008, 01:04 AM

There are meets all over town that don't cost $70 to get into.

On a side note, how are you IA's "triple OG?" Later, QD.

matthewAPM
can the trophy shop make me a a bikini contest too?

ed_gm90
if you need a car show to hang out with your friends then i think you need to re-evaluate what you consider a friend. a better defense would have been "how about all the people that go out there to advertise there business and make a living." that would have been better.

touche.

quickdodgeŽ
07-17-2008, 01:05 AM
can the trophy shop make me a a bikini contest too?

You can find bikini contest around town all the time. And if you go to the "show" for that, there's problems residing in you, lolol. Later, QD.

ed_gm90
07-17-2008, 01:07 AM

'tis only a joke. everybody knows your the "OG" of ia.

ed_gm90
07-17-2008, 01:07 AM
You can find bikini contest around town all the time. And if you go to the "show" for that, there's problems residing in you, lolol. Later, QD.

what about burnout contest? (BP on p. hill doesnt count)

redrumracer
07-17-2008, 01:09 AM
what about burnout contest? (BP on p. hill doesnt count)
commerce for tnt?? i mean no tires will be popped

quickdodgeŽ
07-17-2008, 01:10 AM
'tis only a joke. everybody knows your the "OG" of ia.

I'm just fuccing with ya. Later, QD.

Maniaco
07-17-2008, 01:12 AM
what about burnout contest? (BP on p. hill doesnt count)If you really care about burnouts, you should consider selling your tC and buying a Mustang just so you could burnout all day long. I mean, seriously dude? Nopi is whack. The fact of the matter is that everyone crying about it is in one way or another, a ricer. Who get's a turned on, walking around and looking a chicks in a bikini because outside of nopi they would never be able to get close to any girl that come's close to them

Nopi is cancelled, so what. Move on and continue looking in the meet section for car meets. Hit up Tunerfest, if you're such a car enthusiasts, you would be excited over that, not some stupid rice show.

ed_gm90
07-17-2008, 01:21 AM
I'm just fuccing with ya. Later, QD.

sweet, i dont want to be neg. repped by you again, lol.:(

AlanŽ
07-17-2008, 01:22 AM
sweet, i dont want to be neg. repped by you again, lol.:(
well you shouldn't be on here in the first place lucky.

Maniaco
07-17-2008, 01:23 AM
sweet, i dont want to be neg. repped by you again, lol.:(I know huh? Because, you know, reps are so important. I mean, your life would be in such a mess if your little rep box was red. Right? Your bills wouldn't get paid, you would probably lose your job, I mean, gosh, I know I wouldn't want that! Pfft, why don't you focus on things that are actually important? Like, gas, working, ect? Kids.

matthewAPM
07-17-2008, 01:28 AM

lmao. never been to NOPI and never planned on going

ed_gm90
07-17-2008, 01:40 AM
well you shouldn't be on here in the first place lucky.

jesus christ dude, what is your problem? im sorry your mom took your tC and all but damn chill bro.

edit: i am 18 now. :crazy:

ed_gm90
07-17-2008, 01:43 AM
I know huh? Because, you know, reps are so important. I mean, your life would be in such a mess if your little rep box was red. Right? Your bills wouldn't get paid, you would probably lose your job, I mean, gosh, I know I wouldn't want that! Pfft, why don't you focus on things that are actually important? Like, gas, working, ect? Kids.

well i do focus on all that, but hey theres nothing wrong with some green reps right?

Maniaco
07-17-2008, 01:48 AM
well i do focus on all that, but hey theres nothing wrong with some green reps right?Thanks for the rep, I guess. This name is just going to get banned in the morning... haha, your +1 would've been weaksauce If I had my old account!

On the real though, Nopi sucks.

ed_gm90
07-17-2008, 01:54 AM
Thanks for the rep, I guess. This name is just going to get banned in the morning... haha, your +1 would've been weaksauce If I had my old account!

On the real though, Nopi sucks.

maybe, but i have been going since i was like 12yrs old, so i kind of liked it, btw not all the cars at nopi are rice. lol

99hatch
07-17-2008, 07:51 AM
If your that bummed you should go down to Orlando this weekend for Hot Import Nights. Its a little smaller but a whole lot nicer than Nopi.

Nemesis
07-17-2008, 07:53 AM
You do realize that all you have to do is go to your local trophy shop and have a trophy made with your name on it and it will be the equivalent of winning at their "show." Later, QD.

LMAO

I think its hilarious the people that are "distraught" over this. :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

quickdodgeŽ
07-17-2008, 08:35 AM
LMAO

I think its hilarious the people that are "distraught" over this. :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Same here, lolol. Later, QD.

x Resilience
07-17-2008, 08:47 AM
Went once, seen it was a waste of money, and never went back again. Theres gotta be better things you guys can do with those 70 dollars.

Total_Blender
07-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Went once, seen it was a waste of money, and never went back again. Theres gotta be better things you guys can do with those 70 dollars.

$70 won't buy you hookers and blow, but when you add the gas money you would have spent and the money you'd have spent on merch/food/drink inside the show... maybe you could get a quickie and a skinny line. :goodjob:

x Resilience
07-17-2008, 09:11 AM
$70 won't buy you hookers and blow, but when you add the gas money you would have spent and the money you'd have spent on merch/food/drink inside the show... maybe you could get a quickie and a skinny line. :goodjob:

You can get like half-ounce with that 70 dollars and smoke with your friends. I pretty sure that fun, way more fun than Nopi. :lmao:

On the side note- Coke is lame.

quickdodgeŽ
07-17-2008, 09:48 AM

You have no idea where to shop. Later, QD.

T.S.
07-17-2008, 09:53 AM

spoken from the OG of IA! haha :goodjob:

Vteckidd
07-17-2008, 09:59 AM

LOL REPS

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-17-2008, 10:03 AM
LOL @ this thread too.

AnthonyF
07-17-2008, 10:05 AM

NUH UH! Those are genuine 100% 14k gold trophies! GAWSH. When was the last time you been?

-Ant.

ps-getting on the link u gave me...

Total_Blender
07-17-2008, 01:57 PM

Maybe I should have said $70 won't buy you good hookers or good blow. :goodjob:

stillaneon
07-17-2008, 02:22 PM
I will admit, I enjoyed going, but we worked it so we got to do things no one else could and the shop even advertised in the show. I didnt get to go last year, and I was looking forward to going just to not have to drive 45 minutes to see cars.

NOPi is rice but I have also met some really cool, knowledgeable guys from out of town that came for NOPI....

Tech5
07-17-2008, 02:23 PM
true true!!!^^^^

2.3 Evo 8
07-17-2008, 02:55 PM

Fvck Nopi!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to quickdodgeŽ again.

Brady
07-17-2008, 06:17 PM
man nopi was tha bombest of all shows to ever exist. i remember the first year i went (2 years ago) i spent like soooo much money getting my sunfire finished. it was the ****. i brought home 2nd place. it was the awesome.

quickdodgeŽ
07-18-2008, 12:38 AM
Maybe I should have said $70 won't buy you good hookers:goodjob:

You still have no idea where to shop. Later, QD.

JITB
07-18-2008, 12:40 AM
I always had alot of people from the protege forums that i always got to meet during nopi...:(

BABY J
07-18-2008, 12:52 AM
I like how every1 says that "Nopi Sucks/Sucked". Any way you slice it, it's a MAJOR event that some1 brought to our doorstep, yet you wanna scoff at it like there is SO much better sh*t to do (ooooh, let's go to BP!!). There was a lot of variety - MAJOR vendors rolling in from the West Coast - pro-drag event, "swap-meet style" parts - etc. You don't like the bikinis then STFU and don't go look. For the price point u get 2 days of activities - LOTS of activities and the chance to meet some of the best shops/tuners/vendors in the industry w/out going to SEMA or CES. All of the people that say "Nopi wasn't sh*t" - what would YOU have done to make it so much better? It's real easy to sit back on your couch w/ your busted a$$ ride and talk about sh*t - but I bet most of you couldn't get a drunk man to follow you to a bar for free drinks, much less get people to DRIVE all the way from the West to your 2 day event. Call it what you want, but it WORKED when it was working. Granted, the last time I actually went to NOPI I was a mini-trucker and it was a more intimate event - like, you could ACTUALLY put your truck in "Under Construction" category and win... but it's attitudes like this (local people not supporting LOCAL venues/events/companies) that makes it disappear. F*ckers have no real clue anymore.

/rant

EJ25RUN
07-18-2008, 08:16 AM
Nopi has always been the equevelent of the special olympics. Real cars prove themsevles on a race track. Not parked around with the owner bragging about useless crap he bought for it.

TO Baby J: Look yes, for all the kids that got into this for that reason, yeah sure, it was a good event. Not to those of us that never gave import any respect ten years ago because the scene was all about body kits and some image that had more to do with a redneck bbq fest than a real car meet which is at the strip or track.