PDA

View Full Version : so im pretty upset

Me86Rob
07-16-2008, 08:46 PM
about NOPI being cancled. :( i hope they change their minds. fvck the economy:2up: :2up: :2up: :2up:

x Resilience
07-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Ricer!

twinj
07-16-2008, 08:49 PM
I know I am pretty upset too. I actually was looking foward to going this year. The previous years I was kinda getting away from it. I had something for that azz this year.

bigdare23
07-16-2008, 08:49 PM
do something about it then

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184299

Alan®
07-16-2008, 08:53 PM
about NOPI being cancled. :( i hope they change their minds. fvck the economy:2up: :2up: :2up: :2up:
I highly doubt it had as much to do with the ecconomy as it did with themselves. they have been on the verge of bankruptcy for awhile. They hav ebeen closing stores left and right.

Leisa
07-16-2008, 08:54 PM
are you kidding me?

Elbow
07-16-2008, 10:24 PM
Yeah it was Nopi not really the economy.

Echonova
07-16-2008, 10:29 PM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/Lil_pimpin117/DSCF0253.jpg

Alan®
07-16-2008, 10:38 PM
Yeah it was Nopi not really the economy.
I mean I could be wrong but from what I remember they were closing stores left and right before all the economic down turn.

MistaCee
07-16-2008, 10:39 PM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/Lil_pimpin117/DSCF0253.jpg

That pic is full of :gay:

SOHC MONSTER
07-16-2008, 10:54 PM
I mean I could be wrong but from what I remember they were closing stores left and right before all the economic down turn.

You are correct. I think it was like last year I believe when stores began closing rapidly. The economy isn't the reason for this... It just influenced the situation.

Me86Rob
07-17-2008, 02:01 AM
i go for the drifting thats it. **** all the ricer ****. well, and the models.

Sammich
07-17-2008, 07:49 AM

like the person who quoted the initial gay pic

BKgen®
07-17-2008, 08:42 AM
lol no streetglowz or nawwzzzzzz for j00 :lmao:

DieselNuts
07-17-2008, 08:43 AM
so is Nopi Nationals

Stormhammer
07-17-2008, 08:45 AM
apparently its all over the forums, and according to various sources none of this is confirmed - not even on their site -shrugs-

T.S.
07-17-2008, 11:11 AM
Its b/c their broke and they charge to damn much for there shows. If you have been going since back in the day and you have been around the show scene. Anyone and everyone knows that they weren't going to last forever. The show scene is basically dead. No one builds 100k honda civics anymore, really. And Nopi was having issues last year and the year before. The market has changed. People are getting away from cars b/c its just to expensive to mod them. And its not worth it b/c no matter how much you put in your car you'll never get it back out.

Nemesis
07-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Guys this just in... stay tuned. Nopi was bought out by AutoZone

AutoZone Nationals will be coming in 09!!!!!!!!!

UpSideDownDesi
07-17-2008, 11:50 AM
heart broken aren't we :(.........

Guys this just in... stay tuned. Nopi was bought out by AutoZone

AutoZone Nationals will be coming in 09!!!!!!!!!

Oh werd....can we have a Bufor Hwy special?

ShooterMcGavin
07-17-2008, 12:10 PM
reminds me of when pep boys stopped selling streetglows and altezzas, that made me cry as well...:lmao:

Jaimecbr900
07-17-2008, 12:35 PM
#1. http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184390

#2. Look around. Part of the blame for this lies with all of us when we don't SUPPORT local shows, both small and large. For the last few years, turn out at shows has been dismal, including Nopi Nats. Why? I'm sure there are lots of reasons, but to be honest you have to look at it from both sides too. If I were NOPI, would I go deep in the red just to save face and put on a show that I KNOW I will lose money at? As a business owner, the answer is no. As an enthusiast, the answer is not so easy. We've lost HIN for the same reason, and it left way befor all the economy stuff happened. They left because cost vs attendance just didn't make economic sense. True enough they weren't the smoothest organization to work with, but the bottomline is that if you lose money year after year....decisions have to be made. I'm not condoning leaving sponsors, racers, and fans hanging.....but that's the economic view of this situation.

I've gone to NOPI Nats for the last 6 yrs. I've seen the crowds die down steadily. So much so that last year I personally heard people talking and prospecting that NOPI was on the way out. So the writing has been on the wall for a while. A lot of racers saw it coming too. Look at what happened when the very first race of the season was in OUR backyard......we got a terrible turn out. Yes, the weather didn't help, but I don't think they would've had a full house even in 80 degree super sunny weather anyway. So, where was the local support there? Don't know. But you can't complain too much if you didn't atleast try to support them while they were in our own backyard.

#3. There are tons of local shows that people could attend. No, they're not full of half naked women and gawdy cars, but they're there. IF you really want to compete, then there is an avenue. If you go to the Nats to hang out and see your friends, then that's the only place where you really lose. I know I saw tons of people only at the Nats.

T.S.
07-17-2008, 01:02 PM
well put Jamie.

Alan®
07-17-2008, 02:39 PM
#1. http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184390

#2. Look around. Part of the blame for this lies with all of us when we don't SUPPORT local shows, both small and large. For the last few years, turn out at shows has been dismal, including Nopi Nats. Why? I'm sure there are lots of reasons, but to be honest you have to look at it from both sides too. If I were NOPI, would I go deep in the red just to save face and put on a show that I KNOW I will lose money at? As a business owner, the answer is no. As an enthusiast, the answer is not so easy. We've lost HIN for the same reason, and it left way befor all the economy stuff happened. They left because cost vs attendance just didn't make economic sense. True enough they weren't the smoothest organization to work with, but the bottomline is that if you lose money year after year....decisions have to be made. I'm not condoning leaving sponsors, racers, and fans hanging.....but that's the economic view of this situation.

I've gone to NOPI Nats for the last 6 yrs. I've seen the crowds die down steadily. So much so that last year I personally heard people talking and prospecting that NOPI was on the way out. So the writing has been on the wall for a while. A lot of racers saw it coming too. Look at what happened when the very first race of the season was in OUR backyard......we got a terrible turn out. Yes, the weather didn't help, but I don't think they would've had a full house even in 80 degree super sunny weather anyway. So, where was the local support there? Don't know. But you can't complain too much if you didn't atleast try to support them while they were in our own backyard.

#3. There are tons of local shows that people could attend. No, they're not full of half naked women and gawdy cars, but they're there. IF you really want to compete, then there is an avenue. If you go to the Nats to hang out and see your friends, then that's the only place where you really lose. I know I saw tons of people only at the Nats.
:goodjob: