PDA

View Full Version : so im thinkin about getting bike eventually....

blacknightteg
07-16-2008, 06:34 PM
but i dont really know all thats involved. i have always been facinated with sport bikes ever since i was a little kid. always playing with the toy bikes and what not and always told myself that i would get one when i got old enough too. Ever since everyone on here that has a bike started posting up their's and what not its got me more interested into wanting to know more about them and getting one. I also would like to know whats involved in getting one. like whats the process that you have to go to to finally be able to ride one?

sorry if you all think this is a worthless thread and if its been posted in the wrong place. but yeah i didnt know where to post this.

Humphrizzle
07-16-2008, 06:37 PM
get your rider's license, buy a bike and ride it.

blacknightteg
07-16-2008, 06:45 PM
lol well whats a good bike for a beginner. but also where do i go to get a riders license. i know thats probably the dmv but dont i have to take a class first?

Humphrizzle
07-16-2008, 06:47 PM
Get a book from the DDS, study the hell out of it, take the test, you get your permit, you wait a year, take riding test, you get your license.

get something comfortable for your first bike. just to learn. it doesnt have to be kickass and pretty or fast. Just something to get used to being on 2 wheels.

i'd say a 70's model honda CB bike would be great for a beginner.. they're very easy to sell also.

blacknightteg
07-16-2008, 06:52 PM
would me being pretty tall be a factor in it at all? i dont wana be on something im gunna be uncomfortable with

David88vert
07-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Go to the motorcycle forum on here. This topic has been discussed many times.