PDA

View Full Version : racism

Jblizzard
07-16-2008, 05:29 PM
What race has moved on and doesn't let it get to them, and what race doesn't want nothing to do with the others..

very oppinionated topic, just read these on AOL and found it odd:

Barack Obama is the first African-American to clinch a major political party's nomination for the presidency, but apparently that doesn't mean the nation is more united on racial issues. A New York Times/CBS News poll finds voters are deeply divided on this year's main-party candidates.

Views on McCain: Of the white voters who responded to the poll, 35 percent had a favorable opinion of John McCain, the GOP presidential candidate. Only 5 percent of blacks held a favorable view, while 57 percent held an unfavorable view. Twenty-eight percent of whites saw him unfavorably.

Views on Obama: Eighty-three percent of blacks had a positive opinion of the Democrat, but only 31 percent of whites did. Just 2 percent of blacks saw him unfavorably; 37 percent of whites did.

Race Relations: The poll also found a deep black-white divide on broader racial questions. For example, 55 percent of whites believed race relations in the U.S. were good; only 29 percent of blacks did. And 53 percent of whites said members of both races had equal chances of getting ahead in society. Just 30 percent of blacks said they believed that. Source: New York Times

these we each lil captions under the 4 photos it showed.

too me it just seems the 'blacks' are voting for obama...bcuz he is 'black'

but im not much into politics so w/e

thoughts?

blaknoize
07-16-2008, 05:44 PM
^ah, it seemed that way when whites only vote for white candidates to. Since obviously there only seems to be one brand of candidate to select from. A good majority of "us" are probably voting for him cuz he's black, just as the majority of the white voters are voting for McCain cuz he's white.

So ask that question all the time, ur answer will not be shown. If there was a Mexican candidate 60-70% of the latino and mexican vote would roll to him or her. So, I suppose since we have a chance to change colors and styles for once, let America do it without this stupid OMG stuff. Let tha man run his race, he's worked very hard for this chance.

Ruststang
07-16-2008, 07:29 PM
^^ Agreed i think the question should have also been how many of you know what hes standing for, followed by are you voting for them becuase of thier skin color. This is an ongoing argument at my work i have with three dudes i work with and have no idea what his veiws are and only want to vote him into office because hes black. Its really sad that anyone could have the support of the people no matter how screwed up thier veiws may be and if they have the right color skin they may just have a shot.

Humphrizzle
07-16-2008, 07:30 PM
racist people are racist.. there's no one race that is just EVIL

tony
07-16-2008, 07:42 PM
racist people are racist.. there's no one race that is just EVIL

Exactly, break it down by different parts of the country and it will become clear that race is an issue in certain areas. When Barack gets 76% of the white vote in Idaho, or the majority in Utah or Iowa one has to wonder if race even plays a factor in some states.

To say blacks are voting for Obama cause he is black is a bit presumptuous, 90% of blacks vote democrat (yes that is a factual statistic) do you expect that to be any different with a black candidate?

redrumracer
07-16-2008, 08:28 PM
^ah, it seemed that way when whites only vote for white candidates to. Since obviously there only seems to be one brand of candidate to select from. A good majority of "us" are probably voting for him cuz he's black, just as the majority of the white voters are voting for McCain cuz he's white.

So ask that question all the time, ur answer will not be shown. If there was a Mexican candidate 60-70% of the latino and mexican vote would roll to him or her. So, I suppose since we have a chance to change colors and styles for once, let America do it without this stupid OMG stuff. Let tha man run his race, he's worked very hard for this chance.
come on now, you know illegals cant vote. :crazy: :crazy:

ok ok enough with the tom foolary,(who the f*ck came up with that anyways) but it always amazes me how the blacks go for the democrats when it was the republicans that were for setting em free. but i honestly dont like either opponent, and if its about blacks voting for blacks where were they in 2000 for Alen Keyes?????? that goes to show its not about race imo but about the party that gives stuff away.

EDIT: better yet they vote for the party that takes away from the successful and give to the unsuccessful ones.(i understand that people come upon hard times and thats ok, thats fully directed to the ones that stay in the system and dont try to make something of themselves)

Jblizzard
07-16-2008, 09:10 PM
I personally dont know the views on each one

but it doesn't really matter cause I haven't registered to vote so I'm not voting (nor going to ***** about either one becoming president)

I just thought it was a touchy subject and wanted to discuss seeing as how the "white" ppl think that racism isn't all that bad in the US while "blacks" have a high % of them thinking it's still rather bad for there "kind"

I wanted to see what ya'll thought about that.

Ruststang
07-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Exactly, break it down by different parts of the country and it will become clear that race is an issue in certain areas. When Barack gets 76% of the white vote in Idaho, or the majority in Utah or Iowa one has to wonder if race even plays a factor in some states.

To say blacks are voting for Obama cause he is black is a bit presumptuous, 90% of blacks vote democrat (yes that is a factual statistic) do you expect that to be any different with a black candidate?

I may have left out that i only base my response on personal experience. But from the lips of the majority of my friends they say thier " voting for the brotha because hes a brotha" with no idea what he stand for or plans to do.

_Christian_
07-16-2008, 11:03 PM
you seriously fail at reading statistics. re-read the poll.

TIGERJC
07-16-2008, 11:49 PM
come on now, you know illegals cant vote. :crazy: :crazy:

ok ok enough with the tom foolary,(who the f*ck came up with that anyways) but it always amazes me how the blacks go for the democrats when it was the republicans that were for setting em free. but i honestly dont like either opponent, and if its about blacks voting for blacks where were they in 2000 for Alen Keyes?????? that goes to show its not about race imo but about the party that gives stuff away.

EDIT: better yet they vote for the party that takes away from the successful and give to the unsuccessful ones.(i understand that people come upon hard times and thats ok, thats fully directed to the ones that stay in the system and dont try to make something of themselves)
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

PPl like that don't even get out to vote in the first place, and I would like to know how you came up with that assumption about blacks that vote democrat

redrumracer
07-16-2008, 11:52 PM
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

PPl like that don't even get out to vote in the first place, and I would like to know how you came up with that assumption about blacks that vote democrat
well ok officially we dont know who they vote for ;)

ed_gm90
07-17-2008, 12:46 AM
"come on now, you know illegals cant vote. :crazy: :crazy: "

wow, thats the most ignorant thing i have read on here today. are you saying all hispanic/latinos are illegal? :thinking:

redrumracer
07-17-2008, 01:00 AM
"come on now, you know illegals cant vote. :crazy: :crazy: "

wow, thats the most ignorant thing i have read on here today. are you saying all hispanic/latinos are illegal? :thinking:
well think about it, did i say hey hispanics/latinos cant vote because they are all illegal? i dont think i did, as a matter of fact i know i didnt. i said "you know illegals cant vote" where did you magi****ingly interpret that i said "you know hispanics/latinos cant vote because they are all illegal" so please do tell me how you can magically ****ing twist what the **** i say into saying some damn bull**** like that.

ed_gm90
07-17-2008, 01:03 AM
well think about it, did i say hey hispanics/latinos cant vote because they are all illegal? i dont think i did, as a matter of fact i know i didnt. i said "you know illegals cant vote" where did you magi****ingly interpret that i said "you know hispanics/latinos cant vote because they are all illegal" so please do tell me how you can magically ****ing twist what the **** i say into saying some damn bull**** like that.

yes, but you said that after you quoted this:

" If there was a Mexican candidate 60-70% of the latino and mexican vote would roll to him or her"

LongLiveH2b
07-17-2008, 01:26 AM
democrats FTW!! bring them home

Lucky DAWG
07-17-2008, 02:47 AM

thats what i was going to say.

Is this supposed to be surprising?

Its more of an economic / social issue for black people voting democrat. If they wanted to see a black president i would imagine this to be icing on the cake; by no means is it the main reason. Thats just historically how they vote for the most part.

I don't know why this would be shocking... :thinking:

_Christian_
07-17-2008, 03:10 AM
it would be interesting to see a black republican v. white democrat. i think the numbers would change, but not much.

Clegger
07-17-2008, 03:46 AM
Somebody told me the other day that they cant vote for a black man so they just aren't going to vote at all...

It is really 2008? Cause last I checked it wasn't 1865

Face the fact people. Blks pwn you, times are changing. They already are taking over every sport

Golf's best player = Tiger Woods (Black)
Tennis best women player = Venus Williams (Wimbledon this year was Serena vs Venus, both black)
Basketballs best player = Kobe (Black)
Football and baseball have tons of superstars

They didn't even used to let black people play in most of these sports just 50 years ago, and they already have surpassed the whites.

Now lets look at dancing

Dancing with the stars this year has 5 boys left in which three of them are black

Politics

First time a black man has been running for president and representing the democratic party

Comedy

Chris Rock, Dave Chapelle, Eddie Murphy, need I say more

Face it!
They are funnier, better athletes, and smarter than your #1 George W. If I were one of you racist whiteys I'd switch sides real quick before you become the slaves

fyi Im white

stephen
07-17-2008, 03:57 AM
I personally dont know the views on each one

but it doesn't really matter cause I haven't registered to vote so I'm not voting (nor going to ***** about either one becoming president)

I just thought it was a touchy subject and wanted to discuss seeing as how the "white" ppl think that racism isn't all that bad in the US while "blacks" have a high % of them thinking it's still rather bad for there "kind"

I wanted to see what ya'll thought about that.

i'm kinda curious as to where you stand on this particular topic? what you're describing is the whole "race card" issue, which is something that's always going to be debated. one thing WE ALL have to remember, is that there's still a lot of living people (black & white), who lived during times when racism was more prevelant. bad habits die hard... and it's going to be a LONG time before these discussions and memories ever die. a perfect example is that non-sense jesse jackson said about obama. jesse fought hard for civil rights, and felt like his fellow black "leader" wasn't doing the right thing for "his people" and now he has the urge to cut the man's nuts off. the man made himself look like an a$$ to the entire nation. jesse, like many others (black & white), needs to re-adjust.

lol, honestly...i think the talks about race need to be focused more on the middle-eastern people. whoever becomes president should create and distribute uniforms to the Terrorist (we are having a war on terrorism right?). maybe then all of this new-found middle-eastern racism won't be so popular, and our troops could kill the right people. i know it's not possible...but it would be nice!

_Christian_
07-17-2008, 04:44 AM
Somebody told me the other day that they cant vote for a black man so they just aren't going to vote at all...

Face the fact people. Blks pwn you, times are changing. They already are taking over every sport

Tennis best women player = Venus Williams (Wimbledon this year was Serena vs Venus, both black)

They didn't even used to let black people play in most of these sports just 50 years ago, and they already have surpassed the whites.

Now lets look at dancing

Dancing with the stars this year has 5 boys left in which three of them are black

Politics

First time a black man has been running for president and representing the democratic party

Comedy

Face it!
They are funnier, better athletes, and smarter than your #1 George W. If I were one of you racist whiteys I'd switch sides real quick before you become the slaves

fyi Im white
lol. all entertainment industry references except obama, who happens to be mixed btw.

tony
07-17-2008, 07:06 AM
To say how blindly blacks support Democrats I'm pretty sure if Barack was republican the biggest percentage of the black vote he would get would be 60% and that is VERY generous.. I think it would be more like <40%

redrumracer
07-17-2008, 03:33 PM
lol. all entertainment industry references except obama, who happens to be mixed btw.
dont forget woods is mixed as well.

DieselNuts
07-17-2008, 03:40 PM
I hate all stereotypical people no matter what race.

If a person acts as a person should in society, I have no problem with them no matter what color they are.

blaknoize
07-17-2008, 03:50 PM
you seriously fail at reading statistics. re-read the poll.U seriously fail at reading the thread. There is no poll in this thread. Get off my nuts.

blaknoize
07-17-2008, 04:09 PM
My assumptions or whatever you readers may want to call them may be seriously erroreous, but its just a generalization. I dont keep the facts as Tony does. But being black, I kno lots of people who are voting for him because he is black. Then again, there are those who also voted for McCain or Hillary, like one of my close friends, due to him not believing Obama is sayin the right things.

So its justa race debate that will never end. I'm only saying that only 1 other instance happened in American history when a black man (fully black) ran and he FAILED horribly. So again, let the man do what he's trying to do and let the change occur if it shall be so. There is no reason to ask why the race of people is voting for that race of candidate.

The white voters have always had a white President for decades. I bet a majority of the white people voted for that white man cuz he was actually white and not black. If we had a traditional black President and the world was reorganized and the black folks voted for the black pres, then there would always be a black President.

So stop complaining about it. If he does win, then u can blame America's bad infrastructor on him and not Bush, because he's black and ban "us" from another chance at this for another 58 years.

redrumracer
07-17-2008, 04:32 PM
So its justa race debate that will never end. I'm only saying that only 1 other instance happened in American history when a black man (fully black) ran and he FAILED horribly. So again, let the man do what he's trying to do and let the change occur if it shall be so. There is no reason to ask why the race of people is voting for that race of candidate.
are you saying obama is fully black??

AND NO ONE ANSWERED MY QUESTION. IF ITS ABOUT RACE, WHERE WERE YALL FOR ALAN KEYES?

blaknoize
07-17-2008, 04:34 PM
are you saying obama is fully black??

AND NO ONE ANSWERED MY QUESTION. IF ITS ABOUT RACE, WHERE WERE YALL FOR ALAN KEYES?No thats why I said (fully black) No one recalls that other guy, whos name is slipping my mind.

Why are u asking that anyway?

redrumracer
07-17-2008, 04:39 PM
No thats why I said (fully black)
ok i wasnt sure thats why i asked

No one recalls that other guy, whos name is slipping my mind.
i assume your referring to the other black person you spoke about who ran for president.

Why are u asking that anyway?
Because some say its about race and if it was then why didnt they vote for Alan Keyes. he was a black republican nominee(he didnt get a lot of media attn).

Jblizzard
07-17-2008, 05:19 PM
i'm kinda curious as to where you stand on this particular topic? what you're describing is the whole "race card" issue, which is something that's always going to be debated. one thing WE ALL have to remember, is that there's still a lot of living people (black & white), who lived during times when racism was more prevelant. bad habits die hard... and it's going to be a LONG time before these discussions and memories ever die. a perfect example is that non-sense jesse jackson said about obama. jesse fought hard for civil rights, and felt like his fellow black "leader" wasn't doing the right thing for "his people" and now he has the urge to cut the man's nuts off. the man made himself look like an a$$ to the entire nation. jesse, like many others (black & white), needs to re-adjust.

lol, honestly...i think the talks about race need to be focused more on the middle-eastern people. whoever becomes president should create and distribute uniforms to the Terrorist (we are having a war on terrorism right?). maybe then all of this new-found middle-eastern racism won't be so popular, and our troops could kill the right people. i know it's not possible...but it would be nice!

I'm not much into politics and rarely watch anything about so I don't want to make myself sound like a asshat. I'm not much into racism either. From my understanding of reading the 'news' on AOL news, it seemed interesting to me that white people are more 'willing' (i guess is the word for it) into what the candidate is wanting to do, instead of what race he is, while the 'blacks' are seemingly less interested in what they will do, and more into what he is.

I may have interpreted it wrong, its just how i read it.

I have my oppinions on racism like everyone else and where i stand i don't hate/dislike anyone because of their race. I'm not going to get into details about racism because I don't want to get into with anyone. I just wanted to share this info and see how ya'll took it in as well.

tony
07-17-2008, 05:59 PM
I'm not much into politics and rarely watch anything about so I don't want to make myself sound like a asshat. I'm not much into racism either. From my understanding of reading the 'news' on AOL news, it seemed interesting to me that white people are more 'willing' (i guess is the word for it) into what the candidate is wanting to do, instead of what race he is, while the 'blacks' are seemingly less interested in what they will do, and more into what he is.

I may have interpreted it wrong, its just how i read it.

I have my oppinions on racism like everyone else and where i stand i don't hate/dislike anyone because of their race. I'm not going to get into details about racism because I don't want to get into with anyone. I just wanted to share this info and see how ya'll took it in as well.

To be fair the AOL straw polls had Hillary winning all of the primary states, I don't think AOL hits the demographic like you would think. (AOL's users tend to be older in age) Take a poll from say.. CNN or MSNBC and I would be interested to if the figures remain the same.

One_Bad_SHO
07-17-2008, 07:08 PM

Now lets look at dancing

Politics

Comedy

Face it!

fyi Im white

LOL, I just wanted to point out that this little girl is a moron. To mention the success of blacks in sports and entertainment and weigh them against the successes of whites in topics like... oh... u know... science, healthcare, politics etc etc.. u know, things that REALLY matter... is just ignorant.

Whites and blacks have accomplished many wonderful things that have helped humanity in many different ways. Don't try and seperate them into categories because we as a human race have achieved what we have achieved TOGETHER.

My only problem with the main topic at hand is that I'm tired of hearing radio stations like The Beat say stuff like "Come on ya'll. Its about time we have a black president. Get out there and vote for him!" etc etc... I like Obama. If I vote for obama it would be because I feel he is qualified and could bring a lot to the table. However, having certain groups of blacks v oting for him because he's black and they feel they have something to proove is ignorant.

blaknoize
07-17-2008, 07:36 PM
ok i wasnt sure thats why i asked

i assume your referring to the other black person you spoke about who ran for president.

Because some say its about race and if it was then why didnt they vote for Alan Keyes. he was a black republican nominee(he didnt get a lot of media attn).

I've actually never heard of him (Alan Keyes) :thinking: He got no attention cuz he didnt pull the money, since politics seems to be all about money, none about substance. Like rappers and bittches.

But yea, I was refering to a candidate that ran before we were born. Tony knows, if he QUOTES me. But I cant think of his name at the moment. Alan got lost in the crowd.

This election is unique and I'm glad we have a toss up. White dude/ Black-ish dude/ and a woman. This may never happen again. It gives up a choice, like the choices we have to buy cars/homes/clothes/food and even hoes.

So I like this and I'm glad 3 types are represented, its all fair game and America can actually CHOOSE.

redrumracer
07-17-2008, 07:42 PM
This election is unique and I'm glad we have a toss up.father of time dude/ Black-ish dude/ and the devil with a vagina. This may never happen again. It gives up a choice, like the choices we have to buy cars/homes/clothes/food and even hoes.
fixed.

blaknoize
07-17-2008, 07:56 PM
^LOL yea he is 2,465 yrs of age and has NO License nor does he realize how much gas actually costs, cuz he doesnt drive.

Tasuki_Civic
07-17-2008, 07:58 PM
I think all of this has alot to do with race. even if black pple and white pple pick the opposite race (thats minus the other races who try to fit in either race categories) there is a small percentage of america that is only picking from performance and what is said. These topics about who should be president is much deeper than angry pple picking the right color. It has a lot to do with the "underview" (meaning things going on that the avergage american might not know by way only having limited knowledge of what society says) or overstanding what america thinks they need to clean up the mess that is going on.

If you notice more people are bickering about race and the cause of it rather than what the hell these guys are saying or what the government is alowing or trying to do. its a rat race just like every election....people are so blinded by color these guys will only target what they want cause they know america is going stupid for color.

Now i cant lie to you. i would have liked to see a woman be president but dat bytch was on something else anyway, and also a lot cultures outside of america dont believe woman are ranked on the same level as a man. So to me, she was there for the entertainment.

tony
07-17-2008, 07:58 PM
I've actually never heard of him (Alan Keyes) :thinking: He got no attention cuz he didnt pull the money, since politics seems to be all about money, none about substance. Like rappers and bittches.

But yea, I was refering to a candidate that ran before we were born. Tony knows, if he QUOTES me. But I cant think of his name at the moment. Alan got lost in the crowd.

This election is unique and I'm glad we have a toss up. White dude/ Black-ish dude/ and a woman. This may never happen again. It gives up a choice, like the choices we have to buy cars/homes/clothes/food and even hoes.

So I like this and I'm glad 3 types are represented, its all fair game and America can actually CHOOSE.

I had to do some research cause I knew Alan Keyes' name sounded familiar, ironically do you know he lost to Barack Obama in the Illinois State senate race? Interesting, he's a republican too.. no way blacks are going to swarm to him on that notion alone.

Jesse Jackson ran for the democratic nomination in 84 and 88, we see how that worked out.

In all of this please remember that Hillary Clinton at the beginning of the democratic primary had over 60% of the black support going into this thing, it wasn't until he won South Carolina and Bill Clinton said what he said that the tide changed.. its hard to offend an entire race of people (even unintentionally) and expect their support.

Same goes with John McCain, how can he expect to gain the support of black democrats when he voted against the MLK holiday? People change but at the same time people do not forget, theres so many other factors in this presidential race that minimize the importance of racial bias.

Tasuki_Civic
07-17-2008, 08:08 PM
LOL, I just wanted to point out that this little girl is a moron. To mention the success of blacks in sports and entertainment and weigh them against the successes of whites in topics like... oh... u know... science, healthcare, politics etc etc.. u know, things that REALLY matter... is just ignorant.
Whites and blacks have accomplished many wonderful things that have helped humanity in many different ways. Don't try and seperate them into categories because we as a human race have achieved what we have achieved TOGETHER.

My only problem with the main topic at hand is that I'm tired of hearing radio stations like The Beat say stuff like "Come on ya'll. Its about time we have a black president. Get out there and vote for him!" etc etc... I like Obama. If I vote for obama it would be because I feel he is qualified and could bring a lot to the table. However, having certain groups of blacks v oting for him because he's black and they feel they have something to proove is ignorant.

sweetheart do more research because that topic i dont think you know what your talking about. There alot of people in many races who discovery invent and explore new things in those generes that are not white.

your sounding just as ignorant as she. :no:

Tasuki_Civic
07-17-2008, 08:12 PM
just because a white person votes for obama does not mean they agree that he is a black man. lol you guys either missed the those pples views on obama or you know you just dont bring them up and stick to one side of the topic.

Tasuki_Civic
07-17-2008, 08:19 PM
i dont think any race has moved on just a small percentage of PEOPLE have.

dohc4.6sc
07-17-2008, 08:40 PM
What race has moved on and doesn't let it get to them, and what race doesn't want nothing to do with the others..

very oppinionated topic, just read these on AOL and found it odd:

Barack Obama is the first African-American to clinch a major political party's nomination for the presidency, but apparently that doesn't mean the nation is more united on racial issues. A New York Times/CBS News poll finds voters are deeply divided on this year's main-party candidates.

Views on McCain: Of the white voters who responded to the poll, 35 percent had a favorable opinion of John McCain, the GOP presidential candidate. Only 5 percent of blacks held a favorable view, while 57 percent held an unfavorable view. Twenty-eight percent of whites saw him unfavorably.

Views on Obama: Eighty-three percent of blacks had a positive opinion of the Democrat, but only 31 percent of whites did. Just 2 percent of blacks saw him unfavorably; 37 percent of whites did.

Race Relations: The poll also found a deep black-white divide on broader racial questions. For example, 55 percent of whites believed race relations in the U.S. were good; only 29 percent of blacks did. And 53 percent of whites said members of both races had equal chances of getting ahead in society. Just 30 percent of blacks said they believed that. Source: New York Times

these we each lil captions under the 4 photos it showed.

too me it just seems the 'blacks' are voting for obama...bcuz he is 'black'

but im not much into politics so w/e

thoughts?

didnt read past that nor did i read the thread, racism will always exist. no matter what anyone does it will always be an issue, im white and yea what my ancestors did was wrong but SOME people now a days still think about it too damn much. it didnt happen too you so stfu, thats how i look at it anyways, and im not racist by any means, most of my friends are black so dont take this the wrong way.

stephen
07-17-2008, 09:32 PM
I think all of this has alot to do with race. even if black pple and white pple pick the opposite race (thats minus the other races who try to fit in either race categories) there is a small percentage of america that is only picking from performance and what is said. These topics about who should be president is much deeper than angry pple picking the right color. It has a lot to do with the "underview" (meaning things going on that the avergage american might not know by way only having limited knowledge of what society says) or overstanding what america thinks they need to clean up the mess that is going on.

i think that hit the nail on the head. when you hear people on the radio or whatever, saying "let's get a black president!" you have to think about how much that person truly knows about politics. let's think in terms of just the IA community for example. how many people REALLY know/care about politics? look at how many people know only the "basics" and are still going out to vote? what do you think those people's votes rely on? well the same goes for people who vote for a candidate due to race. naturally, me being a black man, i'd be damn happy to see a black man achieve such an achievement (given our history), but that's not what's making or breaking my vote. we can't pretend that some civil injustices still don't exist, and the people who are directly affect by them are going to do something about it when they can. SEEING IS BELIEVING to a lot of people. some people need to actually see a black man get elected in order to believe that America has let that portion of racism go. the same will happen if we ever get a woman president.

AirMax95
07-18-2008, 09:01 AM

Now lets look at dancing

Politics

Comedy

Face it!

fyi Im white

Current African American CEO's of Fortune 500 Companies

Clarence Otis, Jr.
Born: April 11, 1956, Vicksburg, MS.
Company: Darden Restaurants, Inc.
Position: Chief Executive Officer and President
Industry: Food Services

Kenneth I. Chenault
Born: June 2, 1951, New York, New York.
Company: American Express
Position: Chairman and CEO
Industry: Financial Services

Richard Dean Parson
Born: April 4, 1948, Brooklyn, NY
Company: Time Warner
Position: Chairman
Industry: Media

Ronald A. Williams
Company: Aetna Inc.
Position: CEO/President
Industry: Health Care

Former African American CEO's of Fortune 500 Companies

Aylwin Lewis
Born: May 28, 1954, Houston, TX.
Company: Sears Holdings Corporation
Position: Chief Executive Officer and President
Industry: Retail

Franklin Delano Raines
Born: January 14, 1949, Seattle, Washington
Company: Revolution LLC
Position: Director

Stan O'Neal
Born: Oct. 7, 1951, Roanoke, Ala.
Company: Merrill Lynch & Co.
Position: Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer and President

Possible Future Black CEO's of Fortune 500 Companies

Don Thompson
Born: 1963, Chicago, IL.
Company: McDonald's USA
Position: President
Industry: Food

John W. Thompson
Born: April 24, 1949, in Fort Dix, New Jersey
Company: Symantec Corporation
Position: Chairman, CEO
Industry: Technology

Ursula M Burns
Born: New York, New York, September 20, 1958
Company: Xerox Corporation
Position: President, Director
Industry: Computer Hardware

-------------------------------------------
First, let me say that I respect your post! :goodjob: BUT......the above adds more and is for the A**hole who says/thinks, "thats all they can do".

Black people are into more than the entertainment/sports fields. :tongue1: This is just a short list, it does not include the all power player executive positions.

Needless to say, racism might as well kill itself, because society won't let it die!

Can't we all just dislike individuals not based on color, lol :2up:

AirMax95
07-18-2008, 09:25 AM
I had to do some research cause I knew Alan Keyes' name sounded familiar, ironically do you know he lost to Barack Obama in the Illinois State senate race? Interesting, he's a republican too.. no way blacks are going to swarm to him on that notion alone.

Jesse Jackson ran for the democratic nomination in 84 and 88, we see how that worked out.

In all of this please remember that Hillary Clinton at the beginning of the democratic primary had over 60% of the black support going into this thing, it wasn't until he won South Carolina and Bill Clinton said what he said that the tide changed.. its hard to offend an entire race of people (even unintentionally) and expect their support.

Same goes with John McCain, how can he expect to gain the support of black democrats when he voted against the MLK holiday? People change but at the same time people do not forget, theres so many other factors in this presidential race that minimize the importance of racial bias.

I cannot agree more.

Ok, he is black, so? He is an open-minded, charismatic, intelligent, kind-hearted man. He appeals to people, he listens to people, and he did not conform to the "brotha man", as people call it. He is for EVERYBODY, even the people who hate his skin color and partial nationality.

He plans to do all he can to put things in place to help better this country. Change the mindset, and good things are to follow.

ALSO......

Obama and McCain both spoke in front of the NAACP. Ballsy move for both candidates. You may think ".....Obama fits in, McCain had no chance.." WRONG! Obama walked around questions and topics of interest. Obama ran into a group of individuals that demanded more than the average American voter. McCain, damnit, answered questions! He left he NAACP Convention with the respect of alot of black voters. Sure, they may not switch their vote immediately, but he left a positive impact.

The Presidental race is, partially, based on color. It is new to everyone. People are now realizing change mentally.

-White voters realize that Obama is not the "black" guy they think of majority of the day. He is not about the bull****, he means business. F**k with him, and you will get ran over.

-Black people are realizing that "aint s**t walking but the facts". Time to wake up, do better, and stop allowing excuses to make them. There is no "the man" unless you want there to be one.

I am black.......and I VOTE BILL COSBY!!!!!

One_Bad_SHO
07-18-2008, 01:17 PM
sweetheart do more research because that topic i dont think you know what your talking about. There alot of people in many races who discovery invent and explore new things in those generes that are not white.

your sounding just as ignorant as she. :no:

"LOL, I just wanted to point out that this little girl is a moron. To mention the success of blacks in sports and entertainment and weigh them against the successes of whites in topics like... oh... u know... science, healthcare, politics etc etc.. u know, things that REALLY matter... is just ignorant.
Whites and blacks have accomplished many wonderful things that have helped humanity in many different ways. Don't try and seperate them into categories because we as a human race have achieved what we have achieved TOGETHER."

Cupcake, perhaps you missed that part? He/she was implying that the blacks have more accomplishments than whites in sports/enetertainment which is why they "pwn" us.... My statement was to show that the whites have accomplished more in the other areas than the blacks. The FOLLOWING statement supports your line "There alot of people in many races who discovery invent and explore new things in those generes that are not white." No ignorance here, homie.

Lucky DAWG
07-18-2008, 01:37 PM

Now lets look at dancing

Politics

Comedy

Face it!

fyi Im white

Why don't you get a negroplasty (southpark reference) if you think they are so much better?

And i'm glad you listed a bunch of entertainment and sports people, since that clearly demonstrates IQ... list CEO's and political leaders if you want to make a point.

Saying black people are so much better is just as racist as saying they aren't up to par with other races.

You pretty much shot your argument to hell.

AirMax95
07-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Why don't you get a negroplasty (southpark reference) if you think they are so much better?

And i'm glad you listed a bunch of entertainment and sports people, since that clearly demonstrates IQ... list CEO's and political leaders if you want to make a point.

Saying black people are so much better is just as racist as saying they aren't up to par with other races.

You pretty much shot your argument to hell.

Look at my post above, I fixed that for him, lol.

I strongly feel that no one is "better". It is all a mindset. If you allow yourself to accept it, then you become it.

Lucky DAWG
07-18-2008, 02:17 PM
Look at my post above, I fixed that for him, lol.

I strongly feel that no one is "better". It is all a mindset. If you allow yourself to accept it, then you become it.

inheritly no one is better.

but you would be surprised how far some people let themselves go, i would definately classify some people as "better", and that is not limited to race nor supposed to be racist.

AirMax95
07-18-2008, 02:43 PM
^^^You are correct, I mean as far as people who give a damn and are taking care of business.

blaknoize
07-19-2008, 03:26 PM

...Bill Clinton said what he said that the tide changed.. its hard to offend an entire race of people (even unintentionally) and expect their support.

Same goes with John McCain, how can he expect to gain the support of black democrats when he voted against the MLK holiday?

Oh thats who he was? Lol, well thats why I never heard of him, or I joined "watching the news" to deep into the general election.

Jesse is who it was. I saw it on "I love '84" and forgot. But yea, he was waaaaay ahead of the times and just lost in spectacular fashion.

Bill messed up period being "racist" anyway while trying to cockblock Obama. He has all kinds of lil remarks that frustate me, even though I like him. HIllary on the other hand, just trys to spit game to the public (albit she does a good job) but not even my Aunt supported her views and my aunt is obviously a woman.

Lucky DAWG
07-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Oh thats who he was? Lol, well thats why I never heard of him, or I joined "watching the news" to deep into the general election.

Jesse is who it was. I saw it on "I love '84" and forgot. But yea, he was waaaaay ahead of the times and just lost in spectacular fashion.

Bill messed up period being "racist" anyway while trying to cockblock Obama. He has all kinds of lil remarks that frustate me, even though I like him. HIllary on the other hand, just trys to spit game to the public (albit she does a good job) but not even my Aunt supported her views and my aunt is obviously a woman.

he was not waaaaay ahead of his time

Jesse Jackson is a ****ing moron is the problem
although i don't like Obama, hes atleast intelligent