PDA

View Full Version : Blew the SAAB up yesterday...

ALVIN
07-16-2008, 04:53 PM
SO I am thinking that the motor in my saab is completly dead. I was on 78/10 loop in athens when it started over heating. THought maybe I could make it and it will cool down as its driving. Thought wrong...I got off an exit to get to a gas station. In the process I turned my car off on the watkinsville exit because it was running hot and i thought maybe if i turn it off it will start back when light turned green... Yea I was wrong...it wouldn't turn over.

So Now it is sitting at a shop in Athens getting looked at. Either way the coolant leak was from the water pump which you have to take the timing chain off to get to. It wont start now and if it does it wont run/idle just cuts off. We shall see though. Hopefully its fixable because to top things off....my bike got repo'd today. So im up ****s creek without a paddle.

PS: There was smoke behind the car on the 78/10 loop and when I popped the hood a bit of smoke came out.

The Youngn
07-16-2008, 04:55 PM
damn...sucks dude

mitch lab
07-17-2008, 06:32 AM
sucks

ueyedgr8tness
07-17-2008, 06:57 AM
u get a car u got to keep up with it bro.. Sry to tell u things u already no but shi* u should of had that leak fixed along time ago bro can't keep beating a sick horse and expect it to run a race for u:( and saabs are not cheap getting fixed from what i hear.

SLOWR/T
07-17-2008, 07:25 AM
LOL

00CelicaGT
07-17-2008, 07:41 AM
NO THEY AREN'T CHEEP, ACTUALLY VERY FAR FORM IT. WELL SINCE I WORK FOR HERITAGE CADILLAC & SAAB AND WORK ON SAABS QUITE OFTEN. U PROBABLY HAVE A BLOWN HEAD GASKET ASWELL, IT'S WAT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME ON THOSE CARS WHEN U LET THEM GET TOO HOT FOR TOO LONG. IF THE HEAD GASKET WASN'T BLOWN I WOULD BE SURPEISED, UR 1 LUCKY SOB. IF IT IS BLOWN U BETTER GET READY TO GET RAPED W/ 40 GRIT SAND PAPER, FROM THE SOUNDS OF THING UR NOT LOADED WITH CASH CUZ UR BIKE JUST GOT REPO'D SOOOO.

GOOD LUCK TO U SIR

dumpdaccord
07-17-2008, 08:05 AM
how did they repo your bike:thinking::thinking:?....you gave it to them?:thinking:

carbon_crash
07-17-2008, 08:16 AM
edited

Sport1.3
07-17-2008, 08:16 AM
goodluck......sounds like you are pretty ****ed though

thegreatfnr
07-17-2008, 08:21 AM
sux man

hope you can get it all sorted out quickly and that the shop dosnt do this to you----->:idb:

What shop did you take it to? I only know of one independent Saab shop around town besides the stealerships that is downtown.

AnthonyF
07-17-2008, 08:36 AM
It's a saab. I mean, saab owners dont have a fit, but Saabs are sh*t made cars. They really are. Take ur loss and buy a practical nice honda that doesnt sound like your choking on a penis every time u say the name. :)

-Ant.

SLOWR/T
07-17-2008, 08:47 AM
how did they repo your bike:thinking::thinking:?....you gave it to them?:thinking:

2 black guys came to our work in a brand new Escalade and got it :lmfao:

ALVIN
07-17-2008, 10:31 AM
edited

ALVIN
07-17-2008, 10:33 AM
NO THEY AREN'T CHEEP, ACTUALLY VERY FAR FORM IT. WELL SINCE I WORK FOR HERITAGE CADILLAC & SAAB AND WORK ON SAABS QUITE OFTEN. U PROBABLY HAVE A BLOWN HEAD GASKET ASWELL, IT'S WAT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME ON THOSE CARS WHEN U LET THEM GET TOO HOT FOR TOO LONG. IF THE HEAD GASKET WASN'T BLOWN I WOULD BE SURPEISED, UR 1 LUCKY SOB. IF IT IS BLOWN U BETTER GET READY TO GET RAPED W/ 40 GRIT SAND PAPER, FROM THE SOUNDS OF THING UR NOT LOADED WITH CASH CUZ UR BIKE JUST GOT REPO'D SOOOO.

GOOD LUCK TO U SIR

How much would you say it costs since you work on them quite a bit. I love my saab, just kinda wish it was a vector lol.

carbon_crash
07-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Yes I had it repo'd and yes I gave it up willingly. I was without a job since November of last year adn just recently got a job. The saab did run good and it is a nice car. I am probably going to have it fixed. The bike happened. I could afford it when I had my previous job...then lost my job and paid on it what I could until they pretty much said **** you. All in all if your waaay behind on payments they wopnt take a hundred here and a hundred there...you must catch back up and then hundred here and hundred there.

Tony (carbon crash):2up: you have no room to judge something you don't know. I am sorry that I did not meet your standard and messed up like I did. I cannot manage money the end get over it. I'm tired of being made fun of about this ****.

Chill the f u c k out, and take a step back. I have no standards for anyone, and you are no different. I just stated the obvious. Get over yourself and deal with the situation you have placed yourself in. :2up:. No one is perfect and sh!t happens yo. Calm yourself.:ninja:

AnthonyF
07-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Alvin-sh*t happens. Your not the only person this has happened to, just relax. Life moves on.

saabs are fairly expensive. I work at a shop and parts are not cheap, not even for me. The engineering of the saab is piss poor. It is like they never thought anything through so labor is always a b*tch. Honestly, good luck and hope all works out for you.

-Ant.

SLOWR/T
07-17-2008, 10:47 AM
edited

carbon_crash
07-17-2008, 10:57 AM
Edited

AnthonyF
07-17-2008, 10:59 AM
:locked:

-Ant.

MongolPup