PDA

View Full Version : Anybody heard of this? Anybody going?

DevilK9
07-16-2008, 03:45 PM
LeMONS SOUTH (http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/events/carolina)
Date: July 26-27, 2008
Track: Carolina Motorsports Park, Kershaw SC
Entry Deadline: Ten weeks before the race (17 May '08)
Late Entries: Considered case-by-case, space permitting

Basically, here's the rules. I think it'd be fun. I guess it's too late to register, but I might head over to Kershaw to check it out.

(The following is from their website) http://www.24hoursoflemons.com

The 24 Hours of LeMons is a weekend-long race for cars purchased, fixed up, and track-prepped for total of $500 or less. Each team may also face qualifying rounds such as the Marxist Parking Valet, the Widdling Rottweiler Slalom, and/or the Stoney Bike-Messenger Shooting Gallery. Generally, track racing consists of two endurance sessions, one on Saturday and one on Sunday, with a late-night intermission for sleeping, eating, and Band-Aid application in between. Count on plenty of noise, prizes, water fights, and questionably civilized fun before, during, and after the track sessions. Finally, assuming you're still standing, there's the gala awards ceremony which presents trophies, plaques, and winner's purses paid out in nickels.

Big_Dave
07-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Yeah I was checking out their site last week after stumbling on it from motoring j-style's website. I bet that that sh**s fun. I'd love to go but I have too muchgoing this year. I've already started making some plans to go next year. Fans get to vote on a car half way through the race and have it crushed! FTW

DevilK9
07-17-2008, 08:22 AM
I called them last night on the way to the Gainesville meet. They told me there are some teams looking for drivers. I'm going to try and hop on that boat unless someone here has a car that meets the safety specs and most importantly is WORTH LESS THAN $500!

If anybody wants to go for this, let me know, otherwise I'm just going to try and drive for a team that's already registered.

Elbow
07-17-2008, 01:14 PM
I was going to do it last year, and wanted to this year lol, but my "racing" budget does not really allow this.