PDA

View Full Version : Any on here have a mustang SVO??

Red_Phoenix
07-16-2008, 02:29 PM
My car is similar to the Mustang SVO and I was wondering if anyone on here had one an if they ever had trouble with their motor overheating?

jwrape
07-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Yea, my old one did. The factory fan burnt up and I replaced it with a new electric fan from Autozone and it hardly ever got hot again. As long as your cooling system is cleaned or flushed regualrly, the main problem you will have is that fan not coming on. They are known for issues like the Conquests and Starions for the temp sensors not working and the fan only coming on with the A/C on. I over heated my SVO once and replace the fan and straight wired it to the ignition with a solenoid and never looked back.:goodjob:

rbwdriven
07-18-2008, 10:59 AM
Yep got one sitting in the garage.

it is a common problem with the svo fan. I've even heard of replacing the fan with a turbo coupe twin fan unit.

try www.svoca.com/forum

Just never say you are parting a svo out and you are ok. There is a tech board on it I think I've even see that question.

jwrape
07-18-2008, 11:02 AM
try www.svoca.com/forum (http://www.svoca.com/forum)

Just never say you are parting a svo out and you are ok. There is a tech board on it I think I've even see that question.

I have always loved that forum for not parting out the cars... Not many forums follow that rule. :goodjob: