PDA

View Full Version : 3g prelude motor help. timing belt broke, engine screwed!

trancetravler
07-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Timing belt broke, valves bent...:blah: and im tired of trying to fix it myself.
Im not taking it back apart, im letting a shop do it this time. Any suggestions on where to take it? i need psuedo cheap...
Its got 278k miles. should i replace the whole thing? or just have it repaired?

thx J

con
07-14-2008, 08:53 PM
if you're planning on putting it in a shop, it would be cheaper to buy a replacement head or better yet a low mileage JDM engine to prolong your cars life......

been a few years but I have purchased 4 engines for various preludes from Best Japanese Engines in Marietta and had no issues out of any.

good luck....

.blank cd
07-14-2008, 08:58 PM
it'll probably be cheaper to go ahead and get the JDM B20A (prelude B20, gotta specify, some noobs dont know whats up w/ the 3rd gen ludes)I think its like 6-700 shipped

OaTmeaL
07-16-2008, 03:45 PM
You are better off with the B20A or even a USDM A5 because the B21A1 have issues with the FRM sleeves. If you know what you are doing you can put the B20A head on the B21A1 bottom end because that will make it a 10:1. You will burn oil down the road due to the FRM issues with the 2.1 motor.. If you would like to search you can try to find a SiR II 3rd gen Accord motor.. Let me know if you need any help on this issue

3rd gen Accord stuff www.3geez.com
3rd gen Prelude stuff www.preludepower.com

mitch lab
07-16-2008, 04:16 PM
if you're planning on putting it in a shop, it would be cheaper to buy a replacement head or better yet a low mileage JDM engine to prolong your cars life......

been a few years but I have purchased 4 engines for various preludes from Best Japanese Engines in Marietta and had no issues out of any.

good luck....

i agree, cheaper to get a low mileage motor and drop it in.