PDA

View Full Version : Pulley question

T34me
07-13-2008, 10:40 PM
All i see are crank, ps, and alt underdrives for teg's, does anyone make a AC underdrive?

slostang
07-13-2008, 10:55 PM
just lose the ac & ps.

T34me
07-14-2008, 09:37 PM
yeah, great idea since i have to drive 30 miles to work and its 98 degrees outside...anyways, other input that makes sense

slostang
07-14-2008, 10:49 PM
roll the windows down, and hondas without ps handle like go-karts its more fun without it.

Barefoot
07-14-2008, 10:58 PM
question for u OP y do u want under drives

AnthonyF
07-15-2008, 09:49 AM
yeah, great idea since i have to drive 30 miles to work and its 98 degrees outside...anyways, other input that makes sense

All 30 miles in a constant turn? If you have a honda with smaller wheels, it's not that bad to drive with. And your arms get huge! lol.

Also, the a/c doesnt create any drag while driving unless you have the a/c on. So, there wont be an underdrive JUST for the a/c. Your best bet, is to ditch ALL a/c components, lines, condesor, compressor, everything.

-Ant.

T34me
07-15-2008, 11:02 AM
im just tired of the drain when it kicks on, plus in a few months the supercharger goes on and im trying to put less stress on motor when ac kicks on, but im not tired enough of it to lose my ac, the car is black and ive done the whole no ps and ac before, not looking to do it again.

Ok, so if there is no hope for the ac, what is your guys opinion on just underdriving ps, since the alternator pulley will be changed when the supercharger goes on?

question for u OP y do u want under drives

AnthonyF
07-15-2008, 11:05 AM
im just tired of the drain when it kicks on, plus in a few months the supercharger goes on and im trying to put less stress on motor when ac kicks on, but im not tired enough of it to lose my ac, the car is black and ive done the whole no ps and ac before, not looking to do it again.

Ok, so if there is no hope for the ac, what is your guys opinion on just underdriving ps, since the alternator pulley will be changed when the supercharger goes on?

Sorry homles. Your stuck with it. When I had my mustang with a D-1SC Procharger, I couldnt use the A/C unless I was moving. The S/C was just too much stress for it.

The underdrive pulleys will help a little bit, but the S/C creates so much drag that when the a/c kicks on, it's gonna drop your idle pretty drastically. Bump your idle rpm up to about 800. I bumped mine up to 825 and it helped quite a bit during stop and go traffic.

-Ant.

T34me
07-15-2008, 11:58 AM
alright, thanks for the help

chip P.
07-15-2008, 08:35 PM
yea man, u can find them on ebay. i almost got one.

NAIZBST
07-15-2008, 09:30 PM
they don't make under drive pulleys for the a/c cuz the a/c compressor used a clutch system on the end and the clutch kicks on and off. just use the a/c with the supercharger. It should say something in the kit with the a/c/ I am sure it automatically kicks off the a/c when in boost.

AnthonyF
07-16-2008, 06:20 AM
yea man, u can find them on ebay. i almost got one.

Your an idiot.

-Ant.

T34me
07-16-2008, 06:55 PM
^:lmfao: :lmfao:

chip P.
07-18-2008, 05:42 PM
ok..well maybe im not remembering right..i dont have any comebacks but..thanks 4 worrying about me..thats real cute. oh..and and learrn how to spell

Your an idiot.

-Ant.

AnthonyF
07-18-2008, 06:50 PM
ok..well maybe im not remembering right..i dont have any comebacks but..thanks 4 worrying about me..thats real cute. oh..and and learrn how to spell

I didnt misspell anything. You should have said, "Try to use correct grammer" and bolded YOUR and shown me how I should have use YOU'RE. So your attempt to make me look like an idiot like yourself.....was shot to hell. Stay out of the General Tech area if you have nothing to say to help anyone.

-Ant.

chip P.
07-20-2008, 01:16 PM
well..i guess YOUR better suited to point out YOU'RE own faults..
I didnt misspell anything. You should have said, "Try to use correct grammer" and bolded YOUR and shown me how I should have use YOU'RE. So your attempt to make me look like an idiot like yourself.....was shot to hell. Stay out of the General Tech area if you have nothing to say to help anyone.

-Ant.

AnthonyF
07-20-2008, 01:51 PM
well..i guess YOUR better suited to point out YOU'RE own faults..
lolol...WHAT? You fuked up again trying to be grammer Nazi.

-Ant.

chip P.
07-21-2008, 04:21 PM
yea..i did tht on purpose, anway..so..i dont even want this to keep goin, i dunno abt u but i wouldnt mind bein kool with everybody on IA. so..srry.
u caught me n a bad mood on the "your an idiot" day..so yea. r we cool?

lolol...WHAT? You fuked up again trying to be grammer Nazi.

-Ant.

AnthonyF
07-21-2008, 04:46 PM
yea..i did tht on purpose, anway..so..i dont even want this to keep goin, i dunno abt u but i wouldnt mind bein kool with everybody on IA. so..srry.
u caught me n a bad mood on the "your an idiot" day..so yea. r we cool? If you are sinceir than yea. I just take the General Tech area very serious. People have real questions and they need real answers. It's all good. :cheers:

-Ant.

chip P.
07-21-2008, 04:52 PM
ok kool . yea i like posting in here, i just dnt knw eeeverything yet ,so i may make mistakes ..thnks dude

If you are sinceir than yea. I just take the General Tech area very serious. People have real questions and they need real answers. It's all good. :cheers:

-Ant.