PDA

View Full Version : action packed trip home from stpats at savannah

JoeCoolinATL
03-19-2005, 02:30 PM
coming home from sav i was towing one of those small uhaul trailers with the bmw, it was just a couch and loveseat robin got from her moms place and wanted to take to her place. well. everything was fine until im 9 miles from home. and the hoses that send tranny fluid to the tranny cooler , one of them decided to let all the tranny fluid fly out.
the past few weeks ive spent about 1000 to completely restore the old bmw back to 100%
ive replaced nearly every part i could think of to make sure nothing would go wrong when i was towing a trailer back to atl.
i forgot 2 damn hoses.
and they both have marks from rocks hitting them over the past 17 years but no holes. well i think another rock hit it. and this one made a hole in it. the fluid wasnt too hot or anything so my guess is a rock. oh well. time to work on the car some more

oh haha beacause of this and the 2 hr wait for a tow truck that could tow the car and trailer at the same time it took forever
we left savannah at 11am, i only did about 60mph since i was towing, well after all was said and done me robin and my sister got back to my house in dowtown about 1030/11pm last night
a trip that w/o towing a trailier takes 3- 3.5 hrs at most
haha

BufordŽ
03-19-2005, 02:39 PM
That sucks, Joe. The phrase "So close, yet so far away" comes to mind. lol Good luck getting it back to 101.2%

JoeCoolinATL
03-19-2005, 05:16 PM
haha it was kinda funny my gf and sis were all freaking out. i was calm as usual they are like what are we gonna doooooooooooo
i was like quit worrying already called a tow truck etc and ive got 6 cars so this one wil just have downtime. girls freakout too much