PDA

View Full Version : Misc Jeremy Clarkson discusses the GTR Epic Race and why non of them have ever been staged

EJ25RUN
07-12-2008, 03:36 PM
http://www.topgear.com/blogs/planettopgear/134-jeremy-clarkson-japan-race//img.jpg

Top Gear.com writes....

On Sunday night, there is a race between a Nissan GT-R and a bullet train right the way across Japan.

It is extremely exciting. I think the best film we've ever made.

Unfortunately, it will be spoiled because I shall have to spend the next few weeks explaining how these races are filmed to a bunch of people who imagine they're staged, scripted and pre-ordained.

Of course, the routes are carefully planned so the result will be close but it is impossible to guess what will actually happen after the flag drops.

You may notice if you watch carefully, the on board cameras in the GTR were flickering red and green. But did we stop to fix them? Did we hell as like.

During our race to Oslo, the poor cameraman in the back of the tracking car had to pee in a bottle. We do not stop.

In the Ferrari versus plane race to Verbier, I actually overtook the tracking car, leaving me with nothing but the on board mini cams. I was that desperate to get there first.

And we get back to be accused of fakery by some internet dweeb. It makes my effing teeth itch with rage.

Of course, once the race is run and the result in the bag, the camera crews stay behind to pick up the shots needed to make the whole thing work on television. The details. The icing. But that doesn't affect the outcome.

I hope you enjoy the race across Japan. And now you know it's all for real, every ball breaking moment of it, I hope you enjoy it even more.

AlanŽ
07-12-2008, 05:01 PM
I can't wait for this man. It's sad that people think that these are staged but hey what are you gonna do.

Nissan Sean
07-12-2008, 05:27 PM
i love clarkson. im glad to know these races arent staged. but i had a feeling they werent anyway. im looking foward to seeing the episode.

EJ25RUN
07-13-2008, 02:23 AM
I read a year ago that the Veyron race had Jeremy drive to England and the Stig drove the car back and that is where they got all the outside footage.

AlanŽ
07-13-2008, 02:46 AM
do you have the adresss for clarkson's blog?

EJ25RUN
07-13-2008, 03:25 AM
do you have the adresss for clarkson's blog?

TopGear.com

but more are available in the magazine, i get mine at Barnes and Nobles.

EJ25RUN
07-13-2008, 02:21 PM
We'll the episode is airing right now but i cant find a stream for BBC2 on the net. Funny thing is i was able to find other bbc channels at this site.

http://wwitv.com/portal.htm

And they actually work (poorly) but they do. Anyone know of a better site that streams live TV from Europe? Mainly BBC2.