PDA

View Full Version : turbo cis or fi fox

olivertwist
07-11-2008, 11:58 AM
what turbo will go good in a (cis) fox engine 1.8
and the manifold that you see were can i get one made

Total_Blender
07-15-2008, 03:59 PM
Turbo on a Fox is going to require some crazy fab skills just because of the placement of the exhaust manifold on the longitudinal engines. All the turbo manifolds for 8v's that I know of are for the transverse engines. You'll almost definitely have to have something custom fabricated.

The iron manifold in picture #3 looks like its from a turbo diesel engine. It will work on a transverse 8v but porbably not in a longitudinal engine bay because of the placement of the motor mounts. With that manifold you can only use the tiny turbo that came with the TD's so you're very limited as far as how much boost it will produce.

olivertwist
07-15-2008, 06:45 PM
well im trying to turbo the fox have a small intercooler and and turbo from a mazda and lowof valva need some one to make a manifold

exjnv
09-02-2008, 11:11 PM
first your going to want to switch to corrado g60 digi 1 to make things easy and run right. cis is just too crappy of a system along with digi 2 for boost. thats a turboo and mani off a tdi. you can get 8v cast iron manifolds off ebay for 120

Total_Blender
09-08-2008, 03:32 PM
irst your going to want to switch to corrado g60 digi 1 to make things easy and run right. cis is just too crappy of a system along with digi 2 for boost. thats a turboo and mani off a tdi. you can get 8v cast iron manifolds off ebay for 120

You can get turbo manifolds off of E-bay for the regular transverse engines but this guy wants to turbo a Fox... and they are longitudinal. I doubt the E-bay manifold would work because it puts the turbo where the motor mounts are on a Fox.

VW's use weird turbo's anyway (Borg-Warner, KKK, etc), so I doubt a factory turbo manifold from a diesel (which is what most of the E-bay ones are) would work with your Mazda turbo.

Short of ordering something from Brazil you're going to have to get it custom made. I don't know what shops do that but any shop that can make a turbo manifold for a Honda or whatever should be able to make one for your Fox.

As for CIS, you can probably use the CIS system from a Volvo 240 Turbo.The Volvo CIS will give you more fuel at boost, etc. But you will have to adapt it to the VW motor and I have no idea where you would start. Thats something you will have to search the VW Vortex for. Its been done though.:goodjob:

4dmin
09-15-2008, 08:13 AM
i think audi 5000 w/ block off plate is a common manifold for 8v - if not there are a few companies that make 8v turbo setups... check vwvortex