PDA

View Full Version : teg tranny probs

CHOPPEDTEGRA
07-11-2008, 11:01 AM
ok,

Need some advise her from the rest of you IA peeps.

Recently, I change the slave on my car, it was leaking fluid something serious. Now, two weeks later when I try to put my car into gear to move the car, its hard to go in and it also grinds when i'm driving. :cry: When the car is on and the clutch is all the way down, it is hard to go into first. :blah: However, when the car is off, it will shift through all of the gears. In addition, when the car is in first and i'm either coming to a stop or taking off, it feels like the transmission is going to fall off!!! :thinking:

Any suggestions on whats going on. :???:

slostang
07-11-2008, 08:42 PM
master cyl.

EmminoDaGreat
07-11-2008, 09:43 PM
try adjusting the master cylinder rods length, while your there see if its leaking.

Tech5
07-11-2008, 09:46 PM
I doubt the adjustment is off...Rarely see that being the problem..There is a Mechanic saying if the slave is bad the master is right there with it change them both...That is only how our shop will replace..If you do them both! Bleed it out really good also!
try adjusting the master cylinder rods length, while your there see if its leaking.

CHOPPEDTEGRA
07-13-2008, 10:58 PM
THANKS!!!! ILL TRY IT?

CHOPPEDTEGRA
07-14-2008, 10:49 AM
Any oNE HAVE ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS. I TOOK THE CAR TO TWO DIFFERANT TRANSMISSION SHOPS AND THEY SAID IT WAS THE CLUTCH. BUT, DON'T CLUTCHES GO OVER TIME AND DONT THEY GIVE A WARNING?

EmminoDaGreat
07-14-2008, 11:51 AM
I doubt the adjustment is off...Rarely see that being the problem..There is a Mechanic saying if the slave is bad the master is right there with it change them both...That is only how our shop will replace..If you do them both! Bleed it out really good also!

I have to adjust them a lot. especially when there is an aftermarket clutch involved.

CHOPPEDTEGRA
07-14-2008, 02:02 PM
the master cylinder rod is leaking...replace?