PDA

View Full Version : Anyone knows or does credit deletion?

VegetaRules
07-11-2008, 10:46 AM
I was just wondering if anyone on here did that. I have paid off alot of debt 2 years ago & of course it's still on there. I was told they have people/programs,ect that if you paid X-amount of dollars they could delete the negative info off.

I'm not asking for anything illegal, if this cannot be done, thne thats kool. I just wanted to know if it could, by who, & how much, & how effective was this.....Vegeta

Spektrewing386
07-11-2008, 12:11 PM
like the special person from Changing Lanes?

VegetaRules
07-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Everyone has a joke. lol Funny:goodjob: , no not like that guy. I'd imagine it's not too far off from credit repair people. I have like 5 CC accounts that I have paid off, but were derrogatory from a long time ago.

I'm wanting someone to go in there and clear them off, instead of me having to wait the 5 years. I don't see a problem since I have all the paperwork stating that they were settled/paid off.

My cousin just mentioned this too me, & so I thought I would inquire here about it.....Vegeta

AirMax95
07-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Your best option is to write a letter to the bank and institutions that are on there. ASK them to remove the derrogatory markings from your credit report.

You can go to Barnes & Noble, or any good book store, and grab a few books from the personal finance section. They have sample letters that you can use.

Other than that, you can wait 7-10 years for them to fall off!

BanginJimmy
07-11-2008, 08:34 PM
As long as the debys have been paid in full those red marks dont hurt you that much. This is especially true if they were more than 2-3 years ago and you still have open accounts to show responsibility.

AlanŽ
07-11-2008, 11:00 PM
contact the beauro's (spelled wrong i know) and the CC companies and have it removed. They usually don't remove unless asked to

Paree4g63
07-11-2008, 11:36 PM
lawyers can do it for you for a price. i'd probably just wait if your still young. If you were in the high 20s or 30s..Yea, I'd need good credit rating always by that time.. :)

Barefoot
07-12-2008, 09:51 PM
there is nothing u can do for 7 or so years.

Spektrewing386
07-13-2008, 03:11 AM
dont you just love how our finanical system works today?

Revmaynard
07-13-2008, 03:26 AM
My dad had his identity stolen in the 90's and there was a big mess with it. His credit was ruined and he pretty much had his lawyer get it off his credit. Took like 40k. He got screwed over and it sucks people do stuff like that. They bought two eighteen wheelers at one dealership in Michigan and skipped town. So the truck company tried to pin it on my pop's. It was like an eight year ordeal.

BanginJimmy
07-13-2008, 10:25 AM
My dad had his identity stolen in the 90's and there was a big mess with it. His credit was ruined and he pretty much had his lawyer get it off his credit. Took like 40k. He got screwed over and it sucks people do stuff like that. They bought two eighteen wheelers at one dealership in Michigan and skipped town. So the truck company tried to pin it on my pop's. It was like an eight year ordeal.

In the early to mid 90's that was basicly the case with anyone that got their identity stolen. Fortunately credit companies, to include the reporting agencies, know the extent of the problem and have been very pro-active in correcting the issues caused by it.

AirMax95
07-13-2008, 04:18 PM
As long as the debys have been paid in full those red marks dont hurt you that much. This is especially true if they were more than 2-3 years ago and you still have open accounts to show responsibility.

Not exactly true. If the account was delinquent, but paid off, it will show just that. It will still hold your score down. It will not drop, but it will make is harder to still raise it.

Take my advice, give it a try :yes: Send them a notarized letter asking to remove any negative marks. Cost no money, other that the notary fee.

slowinmidga
07-13-2008, 05:46 PM
Not exactly true. If the account was delinquent, but paid off, it will show just that. It will still hold your score down. It will not drop, but it will make is harder to still raise it.

Take my advice, give it a try :yes: Send them a notarized letter asking to remove any negative marks. Cost no money, other that the notary fee.

What he said is the best choice. Also with the annualcreditreport.com with the three agencies, there is normally a form attached to the website you can print off to mail to them regarding inaccurate reporting.

Spektrewing386
07-13-2008, 08:54 PM
http://www.tvbuys.org/photos/free%20credit%20report%203.jpg

Ronsam2006
07-26-2008, 01:29 AM
"clam chowder and ice tea" lawl

ep9716
07-26-2008, 04:09 PM
contact the beauro's (spelled wrong i know) and the CC companies and have it removed. They usually don't remove unless asked to

If You Know Then Why Do It?

Lucient
07-29-2008, 05:14 PM
Creditboards.com
You can have derogatory items deleted from your credit report even if they are yours. There is a simple process to follow and only costs you postage.

quickdodgeŽ
07-29-2008, 06:48 PM
^^^ Knows what he's talking about.....

Lolol. Later, QD.