PDA

View Full Version : Are you happy with your current situation?

ironchef
07-10-2008, 05:59 PM
By that I mean, where you live, your job, etc? Anything you'd like to change and/or do better?

Personally, I hate my current job. Its only part time while I go to school full time so its not a huge deal, but otherwise, its boring, repetitive, not challenging, and I'm not learning anything :(. Though the pay is decent, and I suppose being able to watch movies and sit on IA for a while can be considered a plus.

Discuss.

Scotsman
07-10-2008, 06:02 PM
yes except for job , which will change in a month so.........i'm 95% happy!

Alan®
07-10-2008, 06:04 PM
for the most part yea. just wished my car would blow up.

Scotsman
07-10-2008, 06:06 PM
for the most part yea. just wished my car would blow up.that could be arranged:ninja:

Blitanicle99
07-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Eh I work like 70-75 hours a week if the weather is good, my social life is minimal and Ive been single for about a year and a half destroying the girls...

Its alright, theres some things I could change but just don't. However I don't believe in regrets because at one time it was what I wanted.

Alan®
07-10-2008, 06:08 PM
that could be arranged:ninja:
Oh I know it could be :goodjob: . I want a Mazdaspeed Miata this week. LOL.

Scotsman
07-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Oh I know it could be :goodjob: . I want a Mazdaspeed Miata this week. LOL.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: , that i cant do , the other:ninja:

Alan®
07-10-2008, 06:12 PM
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: , that i cant do , the other:ninja:
I'm just so tired of being out of the scene that honestly that sounds really good to me. I want a different car every week thats why I said this week.LOL. I want to get into Auto-X and track days. I tried the whole show thing but I've kinda grown out of that and want to move towards performance but in my current vehicle lol, well let's just say it's not cost effective.

blaknoize
07-10-2008, 06:13 PM
Mine could be better... I made it hard for myself moving so much. My job... idk, txt support may be alright, but I KNOW it will be dull. I'm happy that I've managed to do this all myself though, but I'm not satisified. I'm still in the poverty income class ans struggling from time to time.

Though I do wish I never left GA. I mean... I had 2 nice paying jobs (for me 10 an hour is nice) a place to live, 2 cars that ran etc. Now I have nothing really.

But it can only get better.

Scotsman
07-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Mine could be better... I made it hard for myself moving so much. My job... idk, txt support may be alright, but I KNOW it will be dull. I'm happy that I've managed to do this all myself though, but I'm not satisified. I'm still in the poverty income class ans struggling from time to time.

Though I do wish I never left GA. I mean... I had 2 nice paying jobs (for me 10 an hour is nice) a place to live, 2 cars that ran etc. Now I have nothing really.

But it can only get better.on a good note i did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night and i saved a bunch of money switchin to Geico , on a serious note Dre , i gotz a dope new computer!:goodjob:

redrumracer
07-10-2008, 06:20 PM
well aside from not having a job for spending money id have to say its going really good.

ash7
07-10-2008, 06:26 PM
no complaints from me

-jonathan

SOHC MONSTER
07-10-2008, 06:32 PM
I like my job, my truck, my wife and my home. I wish there was a little more money involved but I am content.

metalman
07-10-2008, 07:00 PM
I hate my job. My boss is a real freakin' jackass muthafukka.

I am self employed. :D

blaknoize
07-10-2008, 07:02 PM
on a good note i did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night and i saved a bunch of money switchin to Geico , on a serious note Dre , i gotz a dope new computer!:goodjob:

I prefer Super 8's. U gotta another new computer? What u doin to the other "new" one?

Geico cant compete with Safeauto

quickdodge®
07-11-2008, 12:53 AM
I like my job, my truck, my wife and my home. I wish there was a little more money involved but I am content.

Exactly my stance. Only my pay is quite well considering the amount of bills I have (or don't have). Later, QD.

FriskyWalrus
07-11-2008, 01:00 AM
only two things i guess i would change at this moment. this damn house. no insulation in the middle of lovejoy ftl. and a job.

0p7!mu5
07-11-2008, 01:35 AM
well at the moment my life is actually heading in the direction i want it to go for the most part. My job is ok just boring but the people help out a lot. I have a great girlfriend that i am happy with things could be better but thats a given. A lot of my friends i used to hang with are moving back and in a matter of months. I should be moving into my first home fairly soon once my uncle stops gettin out bidded. After the house I may have a good hookup on two well paying jobs and traveling more. and hopefully buying another teg (my favorite car in my price range) and hopefully gettin my team back to the way we kinda envisioned things going at first. all in all so far so good.

Its just taken a while to get there. i had a few rough moments with ****ty roomates, almost gettin fired, car being stolen, ect. but now Im getting back to where I wanted to be and completing goals. The only downside is im not so sure about the direction i want school to go. my gpa bombed thanks to some of the bad things a few years back (two jobs failing long term relationship friends dying) so im not sure if i want to stay at perimeter or go to gwinnett tech for a certification and then decide on perim or state.

AirMax95
07-11-2008, 11:30 AM
I am much better than I was 3 months ago. Recently landed a great job, at a great company, with great pay/benefits. I moved into a nice 1bdr apartment 3 minutes from my office; No more traffic EVER!!! No more complaints about gas either, lol. :D

I am paying off my irresponsible bills, and saving to buy a house in a year. Also, I having the piece of mind now to start a small business in my spare time.

Things are getting better everyday.

ironchef
07-11-2008, 11:31 AM
I am much better than I was 3 months ago. Recently landed a great job, at a great company, with great pay/benefits. I moved into a nice 1bdr apartment 3 minutes from my office; No more traffic EVER!!!

I am paying off my irresponsible bills, and saving to buy a house in a year. Also, I having the piece of mind now to start a small business in my spare time.

Things are getting better everyday.Nice.

Are you registed on 6speed? The name looks really familiar.

AirMax95
07-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Nice.

Are you registed on 6speed? The name looks really familiar.

Yes sir I am! That place is a haven for knowledge and inspiration.....

BALLERS!!!!!!!!!!

ironchef
07-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Yes sir I am! That place is a haven for knowledge and inspiration.....

BALLERS!!!!!!!!!!Concurred haha. One day...

Sammich
07-11-2008, 11:33 AM
nope not at all, ready to move to a better location, job, pay...

SOHC MONSTER
07-11-2008, 11:42 AM
Exactly my stance. Only my pay is quite well considering the amount of bills I have (or don't have). Later, QD.

My pay is great and all but I have am having a baby in December and it was very unexpected. Considering my wife and I both have great and promising careers, we will be just fine.

OTG Signs
07-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Work for myself, make plenty, live for free, and go to school. Life is good at 22.

Ran
07-11-2008, 01:20 PM
I'm in debt up to my ears, having trouble getting back into school because GPC keeps f*cking up my transcript requests, and I've got a high car not due to an impulse buy on the Mustang. Yeah, I really wish things were better but it's my own fault for most of my own problems. *sigh*

Sammich
07-11-2008, 01:22 PM
im glad i dont impulse buy on big purchases, i try my best to observe teh whole situation first

Vteckidd
07-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Im extremely happy.

Being your own boss has its benefits, i make 5 times the money i was making working for someone else. I get treated right, i run everything the way i want to run it, the goals i wanted to accomplish in my first 6 months ive done it.

im moving into a nice lakeside apartment August 1st thats a big step up from where i am now.

Family is good

Girlfriend is great

Stress is lower

Life is good. Hopefully ill meet my year end goals .

Revmaynard
07-11-2008, 02:11 PM
I work two jobs and live with my girlfriend and a friend of mine. That was all good until recently. My roommate has this girl he was ''seeing'' staying with us because she got evicted and has no family here. He's been acting really sketchy and sht so I think I need to ask him to move out. Which isn't gonna be easy. One of my jobs sucks ass but I make good money for what it is, so I can't btch too much with the job market the way it is.

SEAN
07-11-2008, 11:40 PM
my EX and I broke up a year ago...I lost my house in ATL a week ago...guess things happen...I now live in FL and life is much better...just glad I was able to relocate with my company though where I work now sucks in comparison to my job back in ATL...things always get better as they say...

Crazy Asian
07-11-2008, 11:55 PM
I need a new job. That's all. Do they pay alot at AutoZone? Im thinking about working their but not sure.

GSRteg®
07-12-2008, 12:10 AM
Lest put it this way if you have good health and a loving family its all good. :bump:
(Life gets ****ty sometimes, but it all falls into place sooner or later) :yes:

quickdodge®
07-12-2008, 12:11 AM
My pay is great and all but I have am having a baby in December and it was very unexpected. Considering my wife and I both have great and promising careers, we will be just fine.

Good luck with the child. If you need anything, we still have a lot of shiit from our two. Let me know. I'm the only breadwinner in the family, but not having a car note or a house note really is a big stress reliever. I love driving the rig and my job. All i do is drive to Greenville, SC and back to Atlanta Monday thru Friday and that's it. And get paid quite well to do so. I have my little restoration CVCC that I can actually afford to put together. I just hope life can stay this way until..... you know. I know my life will get much more stress-relieved in the next couple of years or so after it takes a turn for the worse, though. Later, QD.

Turbo Terrance
07-12-2008, 12:17 AM
FUKK a job I need a Career......

SOHC MONSTER
07-12-2008, 08:15 AM
Good luck with the child. If you need anything, we still have a lot of shiit from our two. Let me know. I'm the only breadwinner in the family, but not having a car note or a house note really is a big stress reliever. I love driving the rig and my job. All i do is drive to Greenville, SC and back to Atlanta Monday thru Friday and that's it. And get paid quite well to do so. I have my little restoration CVCC that I can actually afford to put together. I just hope life can stay this way until..... you know. I know my life will get much more stress-relieved in the next couple of years or so after it takes a turn for the worse, though. Later, QD.

Thanks QD. We actually find out what we are having Wednesday. I am very excited. My life was already slowing down when I met my wife and now it all makes sense. I will deffinetly let you know.

I make my own hours with my job. I am given a list of locations and I just have to have them done by the end of the month. I am given a company take home truck, fuel card, amx and a logding card if I need to stay out of town. Like I said, I make my own hours as long as I don't exeed 60 within a week (fvck DOT) so normally I work 3 to 4 days a week and have a long weekend. I have been off since thursday at 3pm.

SOHC MONSTER
07-12-2008, 08:40 AM
FUKK a job I need a Career......

Well thats really up to you. Sometimes a job can lead to a career....

quickdodge®
07-12-2008, 08:49 AM
I make my own hours as long as I don't exeed 60 within a week (fvck DOT)

60 hours? I'm allowed 70 by the DOT. Later, QD.

stillaneon
07-12-2008, 10:28 AM
I make pretty good money. My rent is cheap (300 bucks). I would love to have a better job with more pay but with the job market as it is and the fact that I technically have a not so good record, Ill take what I can get.... I live in as house with my best friend and another guy but Ive been staying with my girlfriend here recently. She has twin girls that are almost 3 so thats a handful but besides for the shock of kids and not making more money, my life is pretty good.

RandomGuy
07-12-2008, 10:30 AM
no

SOHC MONSTER
07-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Whoa! Hold on a minute. Is it 70 hours just for drivers or 70 hours for everyone including drivers/manual labor? I am a bucket technician so I drive and work outside. I hope its not a company policy bc I would work every bit of 70 hours.

I was always told by my supervisor that I wasn't allowed to exceed 60 hours bc of DOT regulations.

60 hours? I'm allowed 70 by the DOT. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
07-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Whoa! Hold on a minute. Is it 70 hours just for drivers or 70 hours for everyone including drivers/manual labor? I am a bucket technician so I drive and work outside. I hope its not a company policy bc I would work every bit of 70 hours.

I was always told by my supervisor that I wasn't allowed to exceed 60 hours bc of DOT regulations.

This is my work time allotment:

I can work 14 hours total per day. I can drive for no more than 11 hours in that 14 hour period. Meaning I can have 3 non-driving on duty hours. If I start my log at 13:00, then I can legally stay at work until 03:00. No matter what I do, my 14 hours ticks off. I can take breaks and all during the 14, but I can only drive for 11 of those hours. After my 14 hours are up, I have to take a (at least) 10 hour break.

During my work week, I can work no more than 70 hours in an 8 day period. There is a 60 hour cycle in a 7 day period. So it works off of both. I work on 8 day cycles where you might work a 7 day one.

Do you have 34 hour restarts? Later, QD.

SOHC MONSTER
07-12-2008, 11:32 AM
This is my work time allotment:

I can work 14 hours total per day. I can drive for no more than 11 hours in that 14 hour period. Meaning I can have 3 non-driving on duty hours. If I start my log at 13:00, then I can legally stay at work until 03:00. No matter what I do, my 14 hours ticks off. I can take breaks and all during the 14, but I can only drive for 11 of those hours. After my 14 hours are up, I have to take a (at least) 10 hour break.

During my work week, I can work no more than 70 hours in an 8 day period. There is a 60 hour cycle in a 7 day period. So it works off of both. I work on 8 day cycles where you might work a 7 day one.

Do you have 34 hour restarts? Later, QD.

Ok that makes sense bc we are on a 7 day period. Thanks man, now I won't go yell at my boss for screwing me out of hours.

quickdodge®
07-12-2008, 11:37 AM
LOLOL!!! That would suck. Then you'd have to change your initial post in this thread to NO. Lolol. Later, QD.

Me86Rob
07-12-2008, 11:40 AM
hate it and want to start all over

ironchef
07-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Why is that?

SOHC MONSTER
07-12-2008, 11:41 AM
LOLOL!!! That would suck. Then you'd have to change your initial post in this thread to NO. Lolol. Later, QD.

Lol!
Naw, I am happy with my job ultimately bc I make my own hours. I can go to work at 4am (which I normally do) or whenever I feel like. I like how I go somewhere different everyday. I go to Conyers alot and the Helen area also. I've seen just about every city in GA and some of them I would never live in.

quickdodge®
07-12-2008, 11:46 AM
Why is that?

Why is what? Lolol.

Naw, I am happy with my job ultimately bc I make my own hours.

I don't make my own hours but my regular shift runs 6am until 6pm. And coming from an account where I worked week by week, working hour to hour is MUCH, MUCH better. Later, QD.

Me86Rob
07-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Why is that?

dont wanna talk about it. long story short....ive been fvcked over my whole life by everybody ever in existance!

ironchef
07-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Well that sucks.

Turbo Terrance
07-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Well thats really up to you. Sometimes a job can lead to a career....

yea thats true but in some situations it doesnt...

quickdodge®
07-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Please don't take this as a diss/rant/insult, but more of a wake up call:

dont wanna talk about it. long story short....ive been fvcked over my whole life by everybody ever in existance!

What the fucc is this BS!!!! While I believe in being screwed over by people and having unpleasant events transpire in your wake because of other people's actions, but you, and only you, create your own outcomes. The decisions you make with the company you keep, the job you choose, the way you spend your money are all factors that are controllable by you. It's a complete cop-out to blame all your life's woes on everyone else you've encountered. If you see something that doesn't look or feel right, you pick yourself up and move away from it and find something that is right...to you. There is NO WAY that "everybody in existence" fucced your life up.

Also, you really, honestly think you're life is fucced over? You're posting on the Internet. That tells me a couple of things. You've got a computer. Without electricity, your computer wouldn't be on. Since you have electricity, you've probably got warm meals and heat and a place to take a bath. And you wouldn't have all these if you didn't have the last part of my reasoning that your life is not fucced over.........a roof over your head. Take a hike in my Adidas. Spend a couple of years sleeping on the side of Buford Hwy. On the side of Edgewood Ave. Peachtree St. Spring St. Name a street and I've laid my head on it's sidewalk. I didn't blame that on a soul, met or not. I maintained then and I maintain now that it was 100% me. I picked myself up and carried myself out of that door and realized I make my own path. I didn't ask strangers for help. I didn't ask friends or family for help. I didn't ask God or Faith for help. That was 9 years ago.

Dude, like I said, I'm not slamming you. I'm just trying to let you see through the eyes/words of someone who really did have a life fucced over. It may help you or it may not. I hope things get better for you and I hope that your outlook on your life gets better as well. Good luck. Later, QD.

Me86Rob
07-12-2008, 01:40 PM
no no like, my parents ****ed me over. they promised me ****, told me that if i did this i would get that. ect ect. like my ****ing mach 1 mustang. my dad bought it for me when i was one, and i was told that when i got old enough to drive we were gonna restore it. when i turned 16 i found out that he had sold the car. so i got my moms foxbody, and was driving it. paying for it, ect ect. i was told that i was gonna own that car when i turned 19. what happened when i turned 19? i got kicked out of the house and she took the car. dude the list goes on and on. yea, i have had plenty of time to help my self. but instead of buyin cars/savin money to get my own place, i saved up for college. made some investments in stuff, and enjoyed my teenage years. but NOW i have to use the money to start from scratch. with nothing. at all. cept the ****in cloths on my back. the laptop that i paid for and thats how im on the net.

cornercarver78
07-12-2008, 02:35 PM
actually I have no money, live with my parents, have a ****y car, and don't race motorcycles anymore, So that sucks. I'm happy though because hopefully it will all be worth it when I finish school.

tony
07-12-2008, 02:54 PM
no no like, my parents ****ed me over. they promised me ****, told me that if i did this i would get that. ect ect. like my ****ing mach 1 mustang. my dad bought it for me when i was one, and i was told that when i got old enough to drive we were gonna restore it. when i turned 16 i found out that he had sold the car. so i got my moms foxbody, and was driving it. paying for it, ect ect. i was told that i was gonna own that car when i turned 19. what happened when i turned 19? i got kicked out of the house and she took the car. dude the list goes on and on. yea, i have had plenty of time to help my self. but instead of buyin cars/savin money to get my own place, i saved up for college. made some investments in stuff, and enjoyed my teenage years. but NOW i have to use the money to start from scratch. with nothing. at all. cept the ****in cloths on my back. the laptop that i paid for and thats how im on the net.

Really weird post there but to each's own, I guess we all have our struggles. I'm well paid and very unhappy and cannot wait to change my situation. Sometimes starting all over especially at a young age can be a good thing.

5thgcelica
07-12-2008, 03:28 PM
yeah... id say im pretty happy with it. tired of being single. but thats okay. wish i had a few more friends.. but.. thats okay too. love the job im at. i graduated h/s and college and am now in the field i wanted to be in and am making great money for being 22. looking into a new car and a house. the rest of things in life will fall in place when the time is right.

SOHC MONSTER
07-12-2008, 03:42 PM
yeah... id say im pretty happy with it. tired of being single. but thats okay. wish i had a few more friends.. but.. thats okay too. love the job im at. i graduated h/s and college and am now in the field i wanted to be in and am making great money for being 22. looking into a new car and a house. the rest of things in life will fall in place when the time is right.

Well you deffinetly have the right attitude about it. Hope it all works out for man. :goodjob:

5thgcelica
07-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Well you deffinetly have the right attitude about it. Hope it all works out for man. :goodjob:
thanks man.. cant completely control everything right? so why ***** and moan about it ya know?

_Christian_
07-12-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm satisfied with where I am right now, but I wouldn't be a few years from now. I have bigger and better things coming.

SOHC MONSTER
07-13-2008, 09:50 AM
thanks man.. cant completely control everything right? so why ***** and moan about it ya know?

You are right about that. Good things happen to good people... It may not be right away but evetually it does happen.

SampaGuy
07-13-2008, 10:24 AM
I am moving to Germany on Aug 31st. I already have my ticket and everything, and I am happy as hell. College over there is going to be rough, so I decided to drop my summer classes here at GSU and just use this time taking it easy, doing the **** load of paperwork for my move, studying some German on my own, and selling just about everything I own on eBay, including my car :( I feel like I should have taken classes now because sometimes I get bored as hell and it feels like my life is on hold till August 31st, I'm just waiting for time to go by...

ironchef
07-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Whats in Germany? Family?

SampaGuy
07-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Whats in Germany? Family?

I do have family there, i was born in brazil but my dad is german and my mom is brazilian, but im not even going to be in the same city as any family members. I guess my main goal is to become fluent in german since ive been studying it for a long time and you cant really become 100% fluent in any language without ever living abroad. I am also getting kinda bored of Atlanta. Transferring over there will let me graduate a year earlier with the same degree, from what is probably a better school. Either way if I stay outside the US for longer than a year I risk losing my american greencard, which I dont want to do just yet, so I will be back next summer for at least a month, or if im not enjoying life over there I might just move back and finish at GSU. It all depends on how its goes.

4dmin
07-13-2008, 11:32 AM
extemely...

i have a great new job and my wife is finally licensed and working - future is looking good.

in life you have to realize you could always be happier but it is making life work for you no matter what the situation is; if you are still breathing then the choices are endless ;)

PURP
07-13-2008, 12:11 PM
Love my JOB's money they give me but hate doing the work..... Love life after being so close to death... appreciation is whats needed in this world more... be thankful for what you do have and deal with what you don't..

AirMax95
07-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Kick ass thread......+

ironchef
07-14-2008, 02:08 PM
By that I mean, where you live, your job, etc? Anything you'd like to change and/or do better?

Personally, I hate my current job. Its only part time while I go to school full time so its not a huge deal, but otherwise, its boring, repetitive, not challenging, and I'm not learning anything :(. Though the pay is decent, and I suppose being able to watch movies and sit on IA for a while can be considered a plus.

Discuss.Update, got an interview on Wednesday for an internship that could potentially pay twice as much as my current job, and it would be in my field of study, yay! :bump:

Humphrizzle
07-14-2008, 02:16 PM
i have a **** job, **** apartment, and an amazing girlfriend..

1 outta 3 aint bad.